Of Love and Marriage (Bella)

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Of Love and Marriage (Bella)

Post by Alianora » September 26th, 2020, 1:34 am

Liaran Sedai
In the center of the sitting room in the apartment that she and Haeden shared, Liaran set a pale blue teapot on the table. The matching cups went beside it, then she raised her head to look around. The picture of a raker that hung over the fireplace clearly identified the room as hers, as did the large blue stuffed chairs at either end of the center table, but there were other items in the room that were just as obviously Haeden's. It was very much a shared space, which Liaran found quite fitting, since they would soon be sharing much more. She smiled at the thought as she walked around the room, searching for anything out of place. Such as that. Her foot shot out, kicking one of Shadow's rope toys under a chair and out of sight for the evening. The dog had already been banished to the gardens, as the last thing Liaran wanted was for the animal to bother the guest who would be arriving shortly.

Haeden's mother, Miahala Sedai, wasn't someone Liaran knew well. She didn't know her at all, really, not more than to recognize her if they passed in the halls. What she had heard of the Green sister Liaran suspected had to be at least half exaggerated, if not outright fiction. Haeden had assured her she'd get along just fine with the real woman, and Liaran hoped he'd be proven correct tonight. She finished circling the room, finding nothing else that needed to be put away, then took a seat in one of the blue chairs. Laying her hands in her lap, the Aes Sedai tugged at a wrinkle in the dark blue and silver trousers she wore. She had briefly entertained the thought of putting on one of her dresses, like most of the women in the Tower wore, but had ultimately decided against it. This was how she dressed most days, and she thought it best to present herself as she normally was. Liaran sat up straight in her chair, dark eyes on the door, and waited for a knock.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Of Love and Marriage (Bella)

Post by Bella » September 29th, 2020, 11:27 pm

The knock didn't arrive just yet. Haeden came first.

He hurried through the door, shutting it behind him and spotting Liaran in the chair. The common area of their shared suite of rooms looked...immaculate, and he almost wished he'd had somewhere else between here and the Yards to wash and change before getting here. He moved toward her almost like he was afraid to touch anything.

"I'm sorry I'm late, love," he said, enjoying the taste of the word on his tongue as he leaned down to kiss her quickly. "Every lesson I had ran late for some reason or another. Not that my mother would mind seeing me a mess, I'm sure, but still." He smiled ruefully and hurried into his room to wash his hands and face and change his clothing to be more presentable.

That was, naturally, when the knock at the door came.

As it would be Liaran to answer--Haeden being indisposed--she would indeed find Miahala Sedai on the other side of the door. Lacking the Oaths, her face had no trace of that porcelain statue agelessness that it had once had. She looked to be a woman in her forties somewhere, perhaps, with threads of silver running through her auburn hair. She was dressed in her own usual attire of a green dress with divided skirts and the split sleeves of Saldaen style. That long hair was simply braided, hanging over her shoulder, and she wore practical riding boots rather than slippers.

Her blue-green eyes were almost warm, even a little amused, as she smiled politely when the door opened.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 4th, 2020, 9:44 pm

Liaran Sedai
Haeden's lateness didn't bother Liaran, who smiled warmly at the man she loved as he rushed to greet her. She raised her head, wishing their kiss could last longer, then watched him disappear into his room. The Aes Sedai then resumed sitting and studying the door until she heard the knock she'd been waiting for.

Standing, she walked to the door, opening to reveal a woman dressed in green who could only be Miahala Sedai. Liaran met the Green sister's polite smile with one of her own. "Miahala Sedai," she greeted her. "Please, come in and have a seat." Liaran moved out of the entryway, holding the door open for the other Aes Sedai to enter.

Bella

Post by Bella » October 9th, 2020, 9:47 pm

"Thank you, dear," Mia said with a warm smile as she crossed the threshold into the sitting room. It was nicely appointed, although understated, which made all the sense in the world considering both of its occupants. Plenty of blue, of course, since no Ajah allowed its brothers or sisters to not have "their color" well represented.

Of course, the captain-general had no proof that they made checks and enforced this...but she'd long been convinced that they did.

It pleased her greatly to see personal touches around the room that spoke to Liaran and Haeden both, and the motherly heart within her was glad that the two had found each other. Haeden had been almost a different man since bonding the Blue, and that man was happier and more fulfilled. The way it should be.

"I was pleased to receive the invitation and always happy to come see you both," she said as she looked back at Liaran and took a seat in one of the armchairs. "Will my wayward child be joining us?" she asked with humor glinting in her eyes and tugging at one side of her mouth...

...just before a small something crashed from the other room and she heard the muffled sound of her son cursing.

"Indeed he will," she answered her own question with even greater warmth and mirth.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 19th, 2020, 12:32 am

Liaran Sedai
Once the other Aes Sedai had entered, Liaran closed the door quietly behind her. She hadn't managed to take even a single step away before she heard the noise that sounded like something smashing against the floor in Haeden's room. She turned her head in that direction, but the bond suggested that nothing was actually wrong. After determining that, the Blue sister moved across the room, focusing her attention on her guest. When she reached the chairs, she chose to sit on a couch instead of in the chair she'd been occupying, unconsciously wanting to sit where Haeden could be beside her if he chose.

Wearing a small smile, Liaran looked towards Miahala Sedai. "Would you like some tea?" she offered. If she did, Liaran would rise from her place and pour it herself, as she felt was respectful of a guest in her home. If not, then she would just serve herself, seeing no reason to let good blueberry tea go to waste.

Bella

Post by Bella » October 20th, 2020, 9:32 pm

Mia was terribly curious as to why she was here, and she had a few suspicions...although her second-to-youngest son was terribly closed-mouthed about things (just like his father) and the woman he had bonded wasn't any looser with the lips. It left her rather in the dark for any certainties, but there was an air of formality to this invitation that narrowed the possibilities.

"Please," she said with a nod. "Thank you."

As the Blue poured, there was another thud from the bedroom and Mia laughed to herself, shaking her head. "You think he would have learned after all these years... He's rushing, isn't it? Even as a child, his grace always seemed to fail him when he was trying to do something too quickly."

"I am not being ungraceful," the voice came from the door, resolute but with warmth.

Haeden was leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed, smirking into the room. He pushed off and moved toward Mia, leaning down to kiss her cheek. "It's always good to see you, Mother. I'm glad I'm here in time to forestall any more embarrassing childhood admissions." He moved to sit beside Liaran, kissing her cheek as well.

Mia laughed again. "What in the Light makes you think that I won't tell these stories while you're sitting here?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 22nd, 2020, 12:50 am

Liaran Sedai
Liaran had never been a social sort of woman, and she wasn't sure what to say or do while she and Miahala Sedai waited on Haeden. She occupied herself with pouring the tea, first for their visitor, offering the cup with a smile. Only then did she pour for herself, setting the teapot and cup in front of her and sitting up straight on the couch. It was just after she'd sat that Haeden emerged from the doorway of his room, greeting his mother first and then her. Liaran smiled up at him, looking into his eyes for the short moment before he kissed her and then sat down beside her.

Picking up the teapot again, Liaran turned her head towards him. "Did you want tea, Haeden?" she asked. If he did, she would pour it for him also if he let her, and would then turn to look at Miahala Sedai with interest at the mention of Haeden's childhood. She wouldn't mind at all hearing more of what her Warder had been like as a child, but only if he wasn't too embarrassed by it. She said nothing of this, however, as Miahala Sedai's question had not been directed at her.

Bella

Post by Bella » November 2nd, 2020, 8:04 pm

"A man can always dream, Mother," Haeden replied with an easy smile. That expression was not one he inherited from his father, Mia reflected, although she didn't properly see herself in it either. Maybe it came from Caden in time before she knew him. Before he had been so changed...but she chose to not dwell too long on that.

This was not the time, she knew.

"I have a sneaking suspicion," Mia began, sipping her tea and then setting the cup on the table before leaning back into her seat, "that you did not invite me here just for tea and to discuss what silliness this boy was up to in his early days. Although I will happily continue on that track." Her blue-green eyes danced with amusement.

Haeden laughed quietly. "Well, not exactly," he began. He was smiling an awful lot. He wasn't a dour sort of man, not anymore, but this seemed even more than usual... He looked at his Aes Sedai for a moment and then back at his mother. "I have asked Liaran to be my wife, and she has agreed."

Mia's smile widened. Admittedly, she had seen them together and was thus not precisely surprised...but she was happy. "Congratulations," she said, getting to her feet and gesturing her son up. She embraced him warmly and then turned to Liaran. "You have made my son happy, and so you have made me." She offered a hand, if the shy woman would take it. "You are welcome to our family."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » November 4th, 2020, 11:23 pm

Liaran Sedai
The teapot had been replaced in its spot on the table before them, and Liaran sat stiffly in her seat, occasionally drinking from her teacup before putting it down again. She said nothing, instead focused on concealing the nervous anticipation that coursed through her. That lasted until Haeden looked at her, and she gave him one of her bright smiles, not taking her eyes off him as he announced their news.

Miahala Sedai appeared to be as happy for them as Haeden had said she would be, and when the Green sister came to stand in front of her, Liaran rose. After pulling the dark blue fabric of her blouse down towards her fingers, she took the offered hand. The smile she gave the other woman was not quite as brilliant as those she reserved for Haeden, but it still displayed the joy Liaran felt. She let herself relax a little as she said, "Thank you." Her dark eyes darted in Haeden's direction as she said, "Having Haeden in my life has made me happier than I ever thought possible."

Bella

Post by Bella » November 11th, 2020, 9:35 pm

After another maternal embrace, Mia ushered them all to sit back down. It was not the first time one of her children had wed, but the pleasure she had to see her children happy never dimmed. No matter how many decades passed nor how many children and descendants beyond, it never lost its light.

"So, tell me," she said, still smiling as she sipped her tea. "Have you had any ideas about when you might like to have the ceremony take place? Or how, even, you want to conduct it?" After all, every wedding she herself had had was different from the rest. She made no assumptions.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik