An Oath bent to brittleness (Attn: Roan)

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Lugh
MoNSTer

An Oath bent to brittleness (Attn: Roan)

Post by Lugh » June 14th, 2018, 10:58 pm

Beron
Beron walked out his door, Ravak Gaidin having just departed after a stern warning to report to the Mistress of Arms. Whether because of their talk, or his own outburst; Beron was glad the man had allowed him the right to take himself to the office. It would have rankled to be dragged there, although as Beron walked through the hallways; the whispers and Drin heads peaking out of doors was audience enough.

Floating in the Void he was at least calm. He had not mastered the Oneness fully, but at least the calm dark helped keep him focused. Grim faced, he walked towards a punishment that would be out of his hands, and yet he knew he was unrepentant in his heart. As he turned up the staircase that led to the Mistress of Trainings office, he thought of the cocksure scout who had marched up the stairs and practically demanded a bond.

They took that young man and forged a Ji’val. Though the strength and determination they instilled in the men and women becoming Gaidin had led him to make a choice he would now account for. Beron mused as he walked the staircase, his thoughts drifting to Isla. Beautiful, smart and strong enough to walk through her own forges and want to heal with a gentle touch.

With a deep breath to steel himself, Beron knocked and then entered the Mistress of Training’s Office. Riahana Gaidin had paused in her paperwork, a quizzical look briefly touching her face as Beron entered. “Yes Ji’val?” she asked.

“I am here to submit myself for penance. Ravak Gaidin and I were speaking, and it came out that I have broken a very strict, very high custom and rule of the Grey Tower. Ravak in the course of discussing bonds with me, brought to light a relationship I have been pursuing,” Beron said stiffly, waiting for yet another reaction from a higher rank.

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: An Oath bent to brittleness (Attn: Roan)

Post by Roan » June 19th, 2018, 12:58 am

Riahana Gaidin
Riahana rubbed her jaw as she listened to the Ji’val explain why he was standing before her desk, submitting himself for penance. She studied him, giving him a flat look as her thoughts went to another Ji’val who learned the hard way why relationships were off limits. Tilting her head slightly, the Gaidin spoke, “Learning about the benefits and pitfalls of the bond is important. I hope that Ravak Gaidin impressed upon you that romance and love should not be the deciding factor in bonding with a channeler.”

Never mind you bonded Gareth as you two fell in love.

Letting go a sigh, Ria shook her head, “I know it may seem an absurd rule, but it is one we have in place for a reason. We have a Ji’val who is still spending her nights in the infirmary because we worry what she might do if left unsupervised. She bonded an Accepted she’d been involved with, and that Accepted died. The Ji’val will never be the same, and it remains to be seen whether or not she’ll be able to complete her training.”

The Gaidin studied the Ji’val before her. By all accounts, he was proving himself to be a dedicated and serious student. He would make a fine Gaidin if he didn’t fall into the same pitfall Paks Liard fell into. “You’ll leave for the Farm immediately, and you’ll serve there for three months.

“Life on the farm won’t be easy, and there will be no contact with the Tower while you are there. You’ll follow the instruction given to you by those who run the farm, and you’ll follow it to the letter. Understood?” Ria explained. She could have sent him to the Citadel, though a term at the Citadel didn’t seem like punishment for those in the Warder Yards since most of her learning ranks seemed to look forward to being posted at the Citadel.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » June 19th, 2018, 3:14 am

Beron

Beron stood stiffly as he watched Riahana rub her jaw. The flat look was not lost on him, after the passionate reaction of Ravak, Beron knew the rule he had disregarded was serious.

Letting go a sigh, Ria shook her head, “I know it may seem an absurd rule, but it is one we have in place for a reason. We have a Ji’val who is still spending her nights in the infirmary because we worry what she might do if left unsupervised. She bonded an Accepted she’d been involved with, and that Accepted died. The Ji’val will never be the same, and it remains to be seen whether or not she’ll be able to complete her training.”

Beron went to reply, the assumption that he would have accepted a Bond ahead of time seemed to belittle his own judgement. And just as important, the common sense and dedication of Isla. But as he kept his breath even and calm, he realized he was trying to protect against an attack that wasn’t there. With the unfortunate Ji’val close to mind, it made sense Riahana would compare.

“I hope she heals, Ravak Gaidin was quite clear about the dangers and toll losing a bondmate can entail. I can only imagine a small piece of her pain,” Beron said plainly, trying to imagine it.

“You’ll leave for the Farm immediately, and you’ll serve there for three months. Life on the farm won’t be easy, and there will be no contact with the Tower while you are there. You’ll follow the instruction given to you by those who run the farm, and you’ll follow it to the letter. Understood?” Ria explained.

Beron had been expecting the Citadel, running ragged until he was drop dead tired. Still he was under no illusions, he had lived his childhood on a farm, no one knew back killing labour better than someone who had brought in a harvest. Still his heart fell at the idea of leaving without being able to speak to Isla, although as her name had not been hunted for it was for the best.

“Yes Mistress you are understood. I will report to the Travelling Yard as soon as I am dismissed,” Beron replied, meeting her stern gaze.

Roan

Post by Roan » June 22nd, 2018, 3:32 am

Riahana Gaidin
Riahana let go a soft sigh and furrowed her brows in concern. Her tone warmed slightly as she spoke again, “You are well on your way to earning your Fancloak, Beron. I know how strong emotions can be, especially when love is involved. I also know it would likely do no good to tell you not to let yourself be distracted. I, and even Ravak Gaidin are human, after all, and are both married. We know what it is like to fall in love.”

Tilting her head slightly, the Gaidin paused to consider her words carefully, “Perhaps you and your young woman were not looking to bond, but we’ve seen what happens when people bond before they are fully ready and when they bond purely for love. Not all bonds are romantic in nature, and there are some here who feel bonds born of romance and love complicate matters.”

She gave a wry smile, “Given I am bonded to my husband, I am not one of them, but having seen what my Ji’val has been going through in the aftermath of losing her bondmate, I understand where the argument comes from.”

The Mistress of Training took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. When she spoke, her tone was warm as was her expression, “What we ask of you is to put the romance. . .the relationship on hold until you and she are both fully raised. I won’t forbid contact between the pair of you, as nothing says you cannot share a friendship. Anything beyond that, though, violates the rules laid out to you when you joined our ranks.

“If the feelings you two share are genuine, then you two will be able to endure until you are both fully raised. You both just need to be patient,” she finished.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » June 22nd, 2018, 6:19 am

Beron

Beron stopped standing there like a sullen rock as it became apparent that Riahana Gaidin was looking to counsel and provide insight rather than just punish. Beron still felt coiled tight, like a clock spring over guys desire to protect Isla. Though as he listened to Roan’s advice he saw a sliver of grey where Ravak had made it seem as if there was none.

“I have been fortunate enough to work with your husband, he is a good man. Much like you now, he seems to have teaching in his bones. Ravak seemed as flexible as good Tower steel when it came to this situation,” Beron finished, forcing his voice into politeness.

Tilting her head slightly, the Gaidin paused to consider her words carefully, “Perhaps you and your young woman were not looking to bond, but we’ve seen what happens when people bond before they are fully ready and when they bond purely for love. Not all bonds are romantic in nature, and there are some here who feel bonds born of romance and love complicate matters.”

She gave a wry smile, “Given I am bonded to my husband, I am not one of them, but having seen what my Ji’val has been going through in the aftermath of losing her bondmate, I understand where the argument comes from.”

The Mistress of Training took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. When she spoke, her tone was warm as was her expression, “What we ask of you is to put the romance. . .the relationship on hold until you and she are both fully raised. I won’t forbid contact between the pair of you, as nothing says you cannot share a friendship. Anything beyond that, though, violates the rules laid out to you when you joined our ranks.

“If the feelings you two share are genuine, then you two will be able to endure until you are both fully raised. You both just need to be patient,” she finished.

Beron stood there, his mind working to absorb the words the Mistress of Arms was saying. He knew he was green, he knew he lacked the skills to protect a bondmate, and the idea of Isla suffering made him sick. “Is it true that it is worse for the Gaidin who survives a broken bond?” He asked softly , filled with a dreadful curiosity.

He could not imagine how the Ji’val must be suffering, and as Riahana finished explaining her rules, Beron was glad to know that he and Isla would not be forcibly seperated. Again very different from the picture painted by Ravak Gaidin. “I will take those words to heart Mistress, thank you for your understanding,” Beron replied.

Roan

Post by Roan » June 23rd, 2018, 1:30 am

Riahana Gaidin
The Mistress of Training nodded once, “See that you do, Ji’val.” Part of her disliked handing out punishments, especially to someone like Beron who showed exceptional promise. The rules were in place for a reason, and while those who were caught breaking them might think the rules unjust, all Ria had to do was look at Paks Liard to understand the importance of said rules.

“Now. . .get to the Traveling Yards and tell them to open a portal to the Farms. When you are there, you are subject to their rules and punishments. My title holds little sway there. They will tell you when your time is done and open a Gateway back to the Tower,” Ria explained. “Dismissed.”

As Beron reached the door, she spoke up once more, “And Ji’val? Take care of yourself out there.”

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » June 25th, 2018, 10:59 pm

Beron
“Well Ji’val your time here is ended, other than the contraband wagon incident, you put your time to relatively good use. Now I trust you have no wish to repeat your visit, so stay clear of the trouble that landed you here. You may show the sister this letter and they will make you a gateway,” commanded the woman in charge of the Farm, her manner as abrasive as the clothing he planned to burn when he arrived at the Grey Tower.

Still he was going home, and after four months, he could feel his spirits lift. He would finally be able to see Isla, attend classes and regain some much needed time on the Training Yard. “Thank you Mistress,” he forced himself to say pleasantly as he took his leave.

Walking through the Farm, he stopped to say goodbye to a few of the denizens that had proven friendlier than most. Although he was quick to avoid the areas with the worst chores, as he had no wish to tarry longer than he needed to.

Arriving at the clearing of crushed stone that marked the staging area, he showed his letter to an envious looking Aes Sedai. Her face assumed the look of serenity and soon a silver light split through the sky. Walking through the Gateway, Beron was instantly greeted with the sights and sounds of the Grey Tower. His filthy clothing drew a few sidelong glances from the Accepted and Dedicated in charge, but with purposeful strides he marched through the pathways until he reached his quarters.

A good strong shower later, with his beard finally trimmed into decent shape once again, Beron walked to the office of Riahana Gaidin. Part of him couldn’t help but remember the last time he had climbed the stairs, but for now he was glad to report back.

After a quick knock, and a call to enter, Beron stood before the desk of Riahana Gaidin, the Mistress of Training. Her eyes scanned over him quickly, no doubt taking in the small cuts and bumps from fresh shaving. He was glad to be in proper uniform again, it made him feel more himself than he had in ages. “Good Morning Mistress. I was given leave to return today, and thought it best to report to your office.”

Roan

Post by Roan » June 27th, 2018, 1:24 am

Riahana Gaidin
Riahana couldn’t help but study the Ji’val before her. She hated disciplining the Drin and Ji’val, but it was part of her responsibilities. Many Drin were very young, and needed a bit of discipline. The Ji’val tended to be more mature, but that didn’t mean they were immune to mistakes, as Beron demonstrated.

Matters of the heart were never so simple.

Placing her quill in its jar, Ria folded her hands on top of her desk, “Welcome back, Ji’val. I won’t ask how it was given the Farm isn’t meant to be pleasant. You are back now, and can carry on with your training.

“Be forewarned. . .you will find more responsibilities coming your way, especially with regards to training the newer recruits,” Ria informed. “You’ll assist Gaidin and also teach classes on your own. . .mostly around combat skills,” she added. “Any questions?”

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » June 27th, 2018, 5:02 am

Beron
Placing her quill in its jar, Ria folded her hands on top of her desk, “Welcome back, Ji’val. I won’t ask how it was given the Farm isn’t meant to be pleasant. You are back now, and can carry on with your training.”

“Be forewarned. . .you will find more responsibilities coming your way, especially with regards to training the newer recruits,” Ria informed. “You’ll assist Gaidin and also teach classes on your own. . .mostly around combat skills,” she added. “Any questions?”

Beron nodded as Riahana warned him that the duties and expectations before him would get harder. She had mentioned the fancloak was close at hand before he had been sent to the Farm, and he would take additional duties if it meant proving his worth. “As you said Mistress, working with new recruits and teaching will be added to my duties. I will work with the schedule to help teach the weapon skills I can pass on, and stand ready for the Citadel if needed as well.”

Beron paused for a moment, considering his next words carefully as he watched the woman across the desk. “I wanted to thank you for your words before I left the Grey Tower. I heeded them little in my anger after speaking with Ravak Gaidin. However as I laboured on the Farm, I had plenty of time to weigh the words. I realize you were trying to give me advice, and you did not need to do so. I could have been carted out of here with little more than a curt word, so thank you.”

Roan

Post by Roan » June 30th, 2018, 9:50 pm

Riahana Gaidin
The Gaidin arched a brow as she listened to Beron, and tilted her head slightly, “There are times when letting your emotions get the better of you does you a disservice, Ji’val. It is one of the reasons I strive to teach people the Void and Flame. . .so that their emotions don’t rule their actions.

“In the heat of combat, acting on emotions can get a person or their ward killed,” Ria added. She gave a slight nod, “Ravak Gaidin was simply enforcing the rules. . .rules we have in place to keep our learning ranks safe. Both Ravak and I understand affairs of the heart. Neither of us would be married if we didn’t, but we also know there’s a time and a place for everything,” she added.

Realizing she launched into another impromptu lecture, Ria stopped herself, “But I am glad you were able to reflect on our conversation and take something meaningful away from it. Now go get yourself cleaned up. Your training resumes in the morning.”

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik