Carry on my Wayward Son (Elia/Craig)

The offices of the M'hael, Amyrlin Seat, Master of Arms, Keeper and the MoNSTers
Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Re: Carry on my Wayward Son (Elia/Craig)

Post by Sunny » May 12th, 2018, 7:44 pm

Dax
Dax watched emotions march across the pretty face in front of him, and wondered. How many were real? It was a curious thing to be aware of so much without sharing what he knew. It was different this time than any other. There was a glimmer of self preservation in his choice to remain silent, but it was so minor, comparatively, to his desire -no, he corrected himself absently, his need- to protect their children and Elia herself.

Hope, there is hope, he reminded himself. Especially if she still cared enough to notice things like his odd new decoration. “I’ll tell you soon, I swear,” he whispered, but given her next words he wasn’t sure she heard him.

He curved a finger below her chin in response to the caress, blue eyes meeting green with serious intensity. “It’s a bit late for that, love,” he told her. “Promise made, promise kept, and you’re just-” Dax leaned down to brush Elia’s lips with his own, a brief flirtation with danger that became so much more between one heartbeat and the next. He inhaled sharply, his mind overflowing with gold-tinged crimson at the touch, and chased her mouth with his own when he thought she might pull away. His teeth caught on Elia’s lip as he spun them in place, pushed his lover against the wall, and continued to kiss her as if their lives depended on it.

The Shadow? The future? Their reputation? Who cared; certainly not Dax.

When at last they broke apart -to the extent that they could breathe and speak- the Tairen thought his heart would hammer completely out of his chest. “You’re just going to have to deal with it,” he finished, chuckling beneath his breath with his forehead pressed against hers. “Unless you still want to send me away?” He winked and straightened, callused fingers doing a poor job of smoothing the hair he had mussed in his hasty re-acquaintance with her body.

"I believe we both have stories to tell...and I want to see my children," he added in a low tone. "Please, Elia."
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » May 16th, 2018, 11:17 am

Elia
Her rational mind wondered what was happening. She felt giddy and light-headed. Light, she'd forgotten how passionate a kisser he could be! She didn't even care as he messed with her hair, although she would need Aldith to come sort it out later.

The sensation of euphoria faded when Dax turned serious. Her breathing was still quick and shallow, yet her body deflated. She lowered down from her tiptoes, sliding backwards until her back touched the wall.

A frown line creased her forehead. She didn't know what to say. The last five minutes had flipped the world on its head, yet she was an adult. Peace, if she hadn't been a channeller, there was a good chance she would have had grandchildren by now. Experience helped her to weather this impossible moment, but the children...

She placed her good hand against his chest. "They... they haven't seen you in years. I can't have you suddenly reappearing and waltzing into their lives, not when I don't know..." Dax's frown aped her own. She could imagine how much her words hurt. After all, she saw her children's faces each and every day. A portrait of Dax sat above the mantelpiece, but it was nothing compared to having their actual father in their lives.

Elia's hand had balled into a fist as her head dropped. She wanted to be angry again, but she was just sad. Why couldn't she have had more time to process everything? She needed time to get the children prepared for Dax's reappearance. Light, she needed time to unravel all of the unanswered questions. Did he think he was going to stay in her apartments? Was he going to go back to being a Warder in the Yards? She raised her fist a couple of inches, striking Dax softly. "Light Dax."

Raising her gaze, wounded blue eyes seemed to pierce into her. A few words from her lips would take that pain away. She could risk her own heart, but not that of her children. The gamble was too big, the risk of damage too great. She was their Warder, protecting them from dangers perceived or real, but the damage Dax could do was real. They would never survive him leaving again.

He began to speak, but she quickly placed a finger to his lips to shush him. She exchanged her finger for her lips, kissing him again, fulfilling once more her dreams of when he returned.

Lips and tongues locked, she found herself surrendering to desire. The part of her that wasn't focused on Dax opened itself to the gentle waters of saidar. It had been years since she had woven the complex threads of Spirit over another person, yet it came easily. The weave settled over Dax just as their frenzied intimacy ended.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Post by Sunny » May 26th, 2018, 12:12 am

Dax
Dax walked into the house and his life turned on its head in less time than it took to close the door behind him. A man with neatly trimmed black hair sat by the fire. He had shoulders too wide to belong to any of Dax’s brothers. His feet were propped up on the hearth, the silver embellishments on his boots glittering by the light of the dancing flames. He turned and blue eyes swept up and down Dax once, twice, three times. “Dax, my boy! Where have you been? I brought you a gift. Come here and see.”

It was only when he stepped forward that he realized gold lay in piles about Jem Torellion the elder’s chair. His brothers sat cross legged in the sea of precious metal, their fingers combing through coins with possessive interest. “Don’t just stand there, boy. Light, you’re big- come give your father a hug.”

Dax pushed the memory away. It had taken forty bloody years, but Dax finally knew his father had chosen to leave, had chosen to stay away for ten years, and had chosen to return with coins and fine clothes...and nothing else. I may not have riches, but I do have a heart. I do love my children. I do love you! Gold felt out of place in the sea of blue and gray, but it shimmered nonetheless as he looked down at Elia and searched for the right thing to say.

She was troubled, too. He opened his mouth to reassure her, to try and explain, to plead his case once more. First her finger and then her lips covered his mouth, however, stopping the words before they began. All the breath went out of Dax’s body at once; confusion warred with utter joy and after a split second of conflict, the Tairen simply gave up. Whatever happened would happen; none of it mattered. For now he had warmth and curves and breath and soft sounds of want, pounding heart and clutching hands and-

Elia broke away and Dax made a small sound of protest, quickly forgotten. Light flooded him, something shifted....and the world came into focus, brighter and more immediate than before. Dax rocked back on his heels, then reached up and touched his temple with careful fingers. “What-” he started, then his eyes widened as he felt an unmistakable flood of feelings that did not belong to him emanating from a place that had been empty for far too long.

Elia,” he breathed after a long pause. Light help me, she did it. He dropped to one knee without preamble and gathered her good hand in both of his once more. He wet his lips. “By the Light, I will draw as you say draw,” he told her. “I will sheathe as you say sheathe, come as you say come, and go as you say go. My heart and service are yours, from this day to my last. I swear it, Elia. Forever.”

He pushed himself upright, his good humor returning like a sun from behind clouds. “I suppose this means I should get used to climbing stairs,” he commented in a dry tone. “Unless you’d like to Gateway us to your quarters and save us the hassle just this once?”
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » May 26th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Elia
Peace, she hadn't anticipated that. Elia gripped onto his hands as he pledged himself to her. To her. Yes, he was a Gaidin, and yes she wanted him to be devoted to her, but those words, that promise. From this day to my last? That was so much more than she could have imagined or hoped for.

As he stood up, Elia half-expected him to kiss her again, but her awareness of him felt the wry statement coming. She grinned as he delivered his request, and placed a finger on his chest when he was finished.

"You will walk as I say walk." She beamed a delighted smile at him. Hooking her finger into his shirt, Elia pulled Dax towards her, once more pressing her lips against his. This time the experience was different. Dax's desire and her own escalated quickly and dangerously.

Elia pulled back breathlessly, even a touch frightened at the loss of control. "Light, that's different," she gasped. She flattened her hand against his chest in case he had other ideas. "We should definitely go somewhere private."

It took half a minute for the former Indigo to rein her emotions in. Even when she attempted to surrender to saidar, it was a struggle not to surrender to baser needs instead. Finally she felt the warmth of the One Power flow around her, and she wasted no time in opening a Gateway to her apartments. "Now walk," she grinned, gently guiding him through the Gateway.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik