The Red Ajah Never Sleeps [Attn: Leala]

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

The Red Ajah Never Sleeps [Attn: Leala]

Post by Sunny » May 2nd, 2018, 6:45 am

Jaryd
The first time Jaryd heard Torianin speak after her return -thankfully not to him- he ducked down a side corridor and hid as fast as he could, curled hands pressed against his ears, until the rushing dizziness passed and he could breathe again.

Jaryd had not seen the other Red since before--or maybe just after, the details were blurry--the Seanchan put a collar around his throat and taught him to grovel. He knew the Aes Sedai was no threat; he had selected her, groomed her, and raised her himself after all. He knew he could trust her...and yet he could not ignore the quaking quagmire of fear in his gut at the mere thought of hearing her voice.

That night he couldn’t explain what happened to Jaren, could barely find the words to beg his lover for something to help him sleep. I thought I was over this, he thought as he stared at the ceiling long after Jaren had drifted off. It happened so flaming long ago.

---

Thankfully Torianin seemed less than inclined to socialization, at least at first. She kept to herself and spent most of her time with her daughter, which suited Jaryd just fine. Eventually Abby donned novice white, however, leaving Torianin free to devote time to her Ajah once more. Two nights later, Darkfriends torched a village in eastern Ghealdan and anointed the one remaining wall with Dark Prophecy written in their victims’ blood.

The Shadow had no patience for Jaryd’s problems, it seemed, while the Light had given him an available hand to deal with the chaos if he had the strength to take it. If he cursed the Light a few times for its way of showing grace, who could blame him?

Thus it was that the Altaran forced himself, step by slow step, to the Gardens where he knew Torianin liked to spend her days. When he arrived she was there, sitting in dappled sunlight with a book in her hand. Torianin looked up as he approached, green eyes wary, and abruptly Jaryd remembered a very important fact: she was collared, too.

It didn’t make everything better, but it was a start. Had she been sul’dam, he wasn’t sure he could force himself to speak at all. As it was, Jaryd made it to a reasonably comfortable speaking distance before he sat without ceremony, crossing his legs as he faced the Seanchan woman. “I’m sorry for not speaking with you sooner,” he said. “Especially since this isn’t just a social call. The Red Ajah never sleeps, it seems.” He gave her a wry smile. “Business can wait a moment, however. How have you been settling in?”
OOC: Please feel free to completely ignore his state of mind and leave it as simple storytelling flavor if you want. I realized halfway through an entirely different approach to this post that Torianin is freaking Seanchan. Her accent alone would send him over the edge. That doesn’t mean his freak out has to be the center of the story though, ya know? Been there, done that. ;)
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Leala Gymorraine, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
SC: Torianin Soulane, Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah
TC: Jhanic, Asha'man of the Indigo Ajah
QC: Abby Soulane, Novice

Re: The Red Ajah Never Sleeps [Attn: Leala]

Post by Leala » May 5th, 2018, 2:20 am

Torianin
Abby had only been a part of Torianin's life for a few years, and now she was off to train to become Aes Sedai. They were still in the same place, but as a novice, they both knew that their contact with each other would be nearly cut off. She was proud to see the young woman she had raised for the last few years walk around in a white dress, like the one she had one, if only for a short time. All that was well and good, but now her most steadfast companion was gone. She could tell that Erishar was in the city right now, and she did not wish to bother him. So, she borrowed one of Abby's books to read.

The book was littered with scraps of note paper. As it was borrowed from the Library, her daughter had kept notes on separate pages. Settling into the Gardens with the book in her hand, she found herself looking less at the words printed in the book and more at Abby's handwriting. Some of the notes were in short hand. Torianin thought she would be good at writing and decoding cyphers. Abby seemed to favor blue ink. She looked at the texts related to notes and knew that she would likely excel in any Ajah she chose. She was talented at extrapolating information that wasn't obvious.

As the Aes Sedai settled one scrap into the book, she noticed movement out of the corner of her eye. Looking up, she saw Jaryd Kosari. She had not left her rooms much since returning, and she had not necessarily sought the First Inquisitor out, but she did think it odd that she hadn't seen him at all. The fact that he was walking toward her with no one else around him made her think that he needed something from her, but she did not know what yet. He settled across from her and first apologized for not speaking to her sooner. He let her know that he was there on Ajah business however, then asked how she was doing since coming back.

She felt a little tension release from her chest at this conversation. Her doubts seemed to have multiplied after returning. Wherever this conversation led, some of them would disappear, at least. "There is no need to apologize, Jaryd," she said, giving him a small smile. "I could have sought you out to report, after all." She paused, glancing around the Garden, seeking the words to answer the question of settling in. Her mind went back to that night, coming back, being bundled up in Erishar's cloak and shuffled back to her quarters, unable to think of anything but the pain and grief. Quickly, she pulled back and focused on the green around her again, then took a breath. "Many things have changed," Torianin finally concluded, looking back to her speaking partner. "But, they've served as a good distraction. I bonded a second Warder while I was away...he did not survive the mission." She could hear her own voice fading at this. It did not crack to reveal tears, however. This was improvement. "I think perhaps now I'm ready to leave my rooms a little more often," she said with a wry smile for herself.
OOC: If it gets bad enough, she can always practice her fake Shienaran accent she learned for the mission. :lol:

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » May 16th, 2018, 2:08 am

Jaryd
Jaryd froze at the other Red’s words, his fingers curling into his clothes until his knuckles stood out pale against dusky-brown skin. “I have experienced something of that myself,” he said softly. “The loss is indescribable...I understand completely.” It took a great deal of effort to get the words out, but out they came. Strangely once they were past his lips he felt better, as if a fist clenched about his soul had suddenly loosened its grip. He was able to look up then, to meet her eyes and not flinch away. “Should you ever need an ear that understands, I’m just a corridor away,” he added.

I just invited a Seanchan woman into my chambers. Light! No time for the spiral such thinking would lead to, nor patience, either. Her accent might still send a shiver up his spine, but she was Red, she had entrusted herself to his leadership, and thus he owed her something better than irrational fear.

Thus he pushed himself on with a smile. “That said...if you would like an excuse to get out of your rooms more frequently, I can happily give it,” he said, a note of dark humor in his voice. “I’ve had reports from every corner of the world in the last few weeks, so all things considered, you can take your pick.”
Image Image Image Image

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Leala » May 17th, 2018, 7:16 pm

Torianin
Torianin watched the Asha'man as they spoke. She could tell that something was bothering him. She knew that he had had a bond severed, but there was something else. Deciding to put that thought to the side, she gladly thanked him for offering a sympathetic ear. The Red Sister knew this pain would stay there, but it was a matter of getting used to it. She had Erishar to lean on, and she was grateful that the Head of her Ajah was offering his support too. Losing Dezan was like losing part of her family, even though she had not known him as long as she had Erishar. She had had to build her own family since being freed from the a'dam.

Suddenly, it hit her. Jaryd had experienced the a'dam too! Is that why he seemed bothered right now? Her accent wasn't as strong as it had been when she first arrived at the Grey Tower, but it was still unmistakably Seanchan. She thought of using the Shienaran accent that had affected for "Erinda" in Far Madding, but that would make her think of her own troubles. Still, Jaryd had been a constant support since she joined the Red Ajah. She could try...maybe.

Before Torianin could think of a way to work an affected accent into the conversation without being too obvious, Jaryd offered her a mission. Well, it would be her choice of missions, anyway. She had spent so much time chasing down Sueinne Keilar, a new mission seemed like a completely different world. "That...sounds like exactly what I need, Jaryd," she concluded slowly, but with a smile. "What is there to choose from?"

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » May 30th, 2018, 5:34 am

Jaryd
Something about Torianin’s demeanor changed from one moment to the next. Jaryd blinked, waiting warily for an explanation that did not arrive. Perhaps she had simply recognized that he truly understood her loss. The timing felt off, however, as if something new had occurred to her while he spoke. Odd.

At least the other Red gave him something to speak to as a distraction. He pursed his lips and closed his eyes as if thinking, then began to count off options, long fingers flickering. “There are reports of a rogue channeler harassing villagers in Ghealdan,” he said. “There have been sightings of a known Dreadlord in Cairhien, Arad Doman, and the Caralain Grass. Someone swears they saw a Trolloc in Mayene; that should be utterly absurd, but Creator knows there are strange forces at work. Shadow activity is rife in Tar Valon and the surrounding area right now. I received a report that the Seanchan are more active than they have been since the invasion, which is concerning, but I have no more information than that. Finally, the Queen of Altara is behaving very oddly of late; there’s no indication it’s related to the Shadow, but we also don’t currently have a presence there.” How deeply ironic.

He turned his grin on her, easy and inviting. “Do any of those sound interesting to you, Sister?”
Image Image Image Image

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Leala » June 5th, 2018, 9:14 pm

Torianin
Green eyes narrowed as Torianin absently stroked the binding of the book in thought. Rogue channelers sounded good, and quite to what the Red Ajah existed for in the Grey Tower. Part of the reason her last mission was so stressful was that she coud not channel, and had killed with her bare hands. A Dreadlord could be good sport too. While rogue channelers were more vague, Dreadlords certainly needed to be put down, especially if they were that widespread. Trollocs so far south of the Blight did sound unlikely, but if it were true, then there would be a need to act on it. While Tar Valon desperately needed help, she did not think she had the stomach to weather the din and chaos of the city at the moment. She wanted to fight back the Seanchan to her very marrow, but if Jaryd would be coming with her, she did not want to push him too hard. She would be happy to represent the Grey Tower and the Red Ajah somewhere they were needed, but she also did not see herself enjoying playing diplomat.

"I don't think I would mind chasing down a Dreadlord, if the First Inquisitor requires it." Torianin returned his grin, ignoring the pain in the back of her mind. It was easy to grow weary of mourning.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik