Close Encounters of the Captain-General Kind [Attn: Alrim Farshera]

Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Warder Yards. This is the place for Warder and Trainee roleplays. Informal non-training interactions take place here, as well as some extended role plays. Yet these events may take place at any area of the Tower, and sometimes outside of it, since the images to the left merely serves as inspiration towards the sceneries of your stories. Channelers are always welcome, and might even find his or her bondmate through the threads that are displayed below.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Close Encounters of the Captain-General Kind [Attn: Alrim Farshera]

Post by Bella » November 17th, 2017, 5:44 pm

OOC: This is, obviously, set before "A Mother's Endurance."
[subtitle]Miahala Darrow[/subtitle]
Every mother knew that their children would eventually grow up and make their own choices, and nothing was truer than when that child was an Aes Sedai and over a century old. Mothers also knew, of course, that even more than a century would not make them stop being concerned for their children.

And when that mother had watched three children pass, she tended to be particularly protective of those left behind.

This was what brought Miahala Sedai, the Captain-General, to the Warder Yards that day. Despite being rather heavily pregnant, she still moved with grace and authority. None missed seeing her past, and none dared stand in her way. She simply moved through, seeking out the source of the news that had so recently reached her ears.

Once she did, she zeroed in like a hawk swooping down upon a small creature in the field. When she saw that he was not actively occupied, she walked up to him.

"Alrim Gaidin," she greeted with a faint smile upon her smooth features, an intense look in her blue-green eyes. "Do you have a moment with which to speak with me?" The words were all formed as a question, although the tone made it clear that a denial would require a rather strong excuse.

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Re: Close Encounters of the Captain-General Kind [Attn: Alrim Farshera]

Post by Andy » November 17th, 2017, 6:03 pm

"For the last time Jess, if you don't stop dropping your shoulder you will get yourself killed. It pivots you away from your opponent" he said, tone serious but with hits characteristic merriment mixed in.

The truth was that she was an excellent blade for having been at the Tower for just over a few months. But he had learned not to tell her that too easily, she had a way of relaxing too much and thus making mistakes. She reminded him of himself in some ways and that was part of the reason he had taken it upon himself to be her instructor. He was not easy on her either, she was breathing hard and would sport some mild bruises for some time.

"Again" he said, standing casually and with his practise lathe down, attempting to goad her into anger and thus another mistake.

Teaching could be hard. But he was responsible with making sure she was good enough to keep herself, and any future Bondmates, alive. He had a new perspective on that and it had changed his perspective. She came at him hard, finally snapping after so many failures. He batted her lathe away and stepped aside, repeating this a half dozen times until she was quite enraged. He took his opportunity, ducked under her slash and brought his lathe around to take her legs out.

"Anger is very foolish. You need to control yourself better. Enough for now," he said, pulling her up, "same time next wee and I expect to hit you less or we shall do...conditioning"

To her credit she merely nodded though he knew she would have a sour look as she walked away. He shook his head and smiled. He liked her, she had promise. It was as he was putting his lathe away that he was approached by someone he had not expected. He managed to keep his face fairly impassive. He supposed it was inevitable but the Captain General did have a reputation. He nodded at her and smiled his smile.

"Congratulations Captain General," he said, nodding at her swollen belly, "I have not had the chance to say so until now but I wish you and Ravak much future happiness. I will always have time for yourself. Please" he said, noting the tone and knowing also that even could he escape he would be found eventually, and so instead stepping aside to the corner of the Yards where they could talk alone.

He wondered if Sadira could feel his mild panic and uncertainty as he eyed Miahala before continuing. He knew only one reason, as he saw it, that would bring her to him. Especially to seek him out instead of summoning him as was her prerogative. He knew he should have worn armour for the day.

"How might I be of service Captain-General?"
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Bella

Post by Bella » November 27th, 2017, 7:47 pm

Falling in step with the Gaidin as they made their way to a quieter corner of the Yards, Mia looked at him side-long and considered him in more depth and detail than she had done in the past. Her daughter was not a woman of many words and had thus not extolled his virtues when she gave her mother the news, and Mia knew better than to press.

Thus, she came to the source instead.

"I'm sure that you can imagine the topic of this conversation," she said, light dancing in her blue-green eyes as she met his gaze. They settled to places, facing one another to converse. She could feel her body dragging her down, with the weight of the child she carried, but she did not show it. "It was brought to my attention, quite recently, that you are now bonded to my daughter."

Naturally, she didn't wait for him to confirm that for they both knew it to be the truth. Instead, she went on. "I realize she is more than capable and fully grown, but a mother never stops being a mother. I wanted to meet with you and know something of you. A warder of my child becomes part of my family, and you carry the safety of something very dear to me."

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » November 27th, 2017, 8:37 pm

"Sometimes a smart Gaidin is a stupid Gaidin. Or at least that's what some tutors may have told me over the years. These days I'm not so sure that it was not just wishful thinking on their part" he said, watching her for a few moments before gazing out at the Yards briefly.

His mind worked quickly enough, wondering if it had been Sadira herself who had told her. If so he would have given much to listen to that conversation. Eyes and ears were one thing and they could learn much but some things seemed a long shot to pick up upon. A faint smile came to him lips, he supposed it was a good sign he had the opportunity to talk. He knew the Sha'hal clan were quite...forceful...when less inclined to be pleased. He looked back at her as she talked, listening more than thinking.

"I assume that by quite recently you mean today? Yesterday perhaps? The strong bond of your family is well known. You were clearly intent to find me," he said with a half-amused tone, "but yes. You speak the truth. And fully grown would be an understatement, she has lived several of my lifetimes. I consider myself fortunate that she chose to share some of it with me"

He was not sure if he was relieved of uncomfortable, truth be told. On the one hand he was effectively being told that he was part of her family - something many would consider an honour, himself among them. On the other he felt as if he were a sounding board to things which she might not tell her own daughter. That and he was not sure that he had earned the right to say he was part of her family. The fact that he had lost his caused a yearning that was hard to ignore but he pushed it down and cleared his throat.

"I can assure you that she is dear to me also. She is one of the best people that I have known. I don't plan on letting that slip away any time soon, or before myself," he said, sidestepping the family statements for now, "but I respect a mother's love" he stepped aside briefly to grab a couple of stools for them to sit upon - this could end up being a longer conversation than expected, he knew.

"What, exactly, would you like to know?" he asked, "this is the first time I can remembered being interrogated by a mother. I shall do my best not to run from such a formidable force"
~
~

Bella

Post by Bella » November 29th, 2017, 11:17 pm

Amusement flashed through her eyes at his final statement as she took a seat, with some effort given her condition. "You do that, because you would never be able to run nor hide from me, should I choose to pursue you," she said with her full lips curving in a smile that...wasn't exactly unpleasant, but was only just this side of predatory.

Mia took a long breath and looked out over the Yards now as well. Oh, how many times had she walked these grounds? It was every connection to her family that she felt the need to...examine, but Sadira was special.

"I did not come to interrogate you, Alrim," she finally said as she turned her eyes back to him. "Your life, and your business, is ultimately your own. And no matter who or what I am, I do respect that. I respect my daughter for her ability to live her own life as well. I do not seek to interfere in it."

She paused and collected more words, forming them into the proper sequence. "But...I have born five children in my lifetime. Only she and Haeden remain. She is my last living daughter, and the last child of her father. And she has only ever bonded one warder, and they were together for decades before he died. I had almost come to expect her to never bond again, but as she has, that speaks volumes of you.

"So I am here simply to meet you, and make myself known," she went on. "Treat my daughter well and protect her, and you will find no greater ally in the entirety of the world than I. Of course, treat her poorly, and you'll learn quickly that I am the worst enemy to make. But I do not believe that will happen. Sadira has good judgment, always has. I'm sure she has chosen well."

What was she really here for? Simply what she said. She truly did not want to interfere in her child's life, but her daughter was special to her in a way different than Haeden was to her, and that her new child would be. She was her daughter. Alrim wanted him to understand that, and to know the gravity of her emotion.

It was a mother's right, after all. "I just want to hear your promise, for your lips, that you will do all you can to take care of her, and safeguard her. She is stubborn to a fault, familial trait, and will not always think of herself."

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » November 29th, 2017, 11:57 pm

He smiled slightly at her words about pursuit but there was no doubt in her gaze and her own smile that she meant every word. He wondered, idly, how many times she had uttered similar words to others that had joined her family over the years. She was definitely a hands on woman and he respected that. He managed to stop his tongue from saying something about having a head start if he chose to run given her condition. Internally he shook his head at himself, sometimes he couldn't help being truly himself.

"Being completely honest I wouldn't let you interfere" he smiled but met her eyes as he did so, he was Sadira's after all and she always would come first, her happiness and safety before all things, "but she cares for you deeply. You and Haeden especially. And whilst I may not have that same connection with you as they do, I do respect you. Quite a bit actually. You are a credit to the Tower, far more so than myself"

As he looked across the yards once more he also noted that she said nothing specific about him. That meant, by his own estimation, that Sadira had said little of him. She was clever enough to let her mother learn about him herself. Perhaps it was better that way, for her to come to her own conclusions. Clever indeed.

Oh what we will have to talk about later he told himself wryly.

"I know Miahala," he said in response to her words about Sadira's character, "but I have no problems stepping in the way if I think she is risking too much, or for the wrong reasons. Her good judgement aside I care too much for her to not do so. But I understand your position...and your feelings...on the matter"

He sighed and looked her directly in her eyes as he gave her what she wanted.

"I would swear the highest of oaths but it would just be repeating what I have already swore to myself. But if you wish it then I will," he said simply, "you have my word that I will always put her first. That I will protect her against all things, including herself, even if it requires my life to do so. I will do my best to make sure her life, whilst I am part of it, is a happy and joyful one. I promised her as much already and tell myself as much every day"

"I will keep her safe Miahala Sedai. I take my commitment to her seriously and, as such, to your family. You will never have anything to fear from me. She is your daughter, but she is my Bondmate" he finished.

It was easy to say and he meant every word, she would hear that. And his eyes never left hers as he spoke so she would see it also.
~
~

Bella

Post by Bella » November 30th, 2017, 3:56 am

He loves her.

The thought swirled through her mind as she listened to him speak about her daughter, and listened to the vow he made--both the words he said and the way he said them. She thought back to when Sadie had told her about the bond. Her daughter was not of many words, but she had sensed something more in the girl's words too.

Interesting...

Miahala smiled softly then and inclined her head. "That was what I wanted to know," she said. The truth of his words had been felt by her, and she felt reassured. It wasn't that she had been worried before, but it was always good to hear something for yourself. "I am glad for you, Alrim. I have wished this for her for a long time, and I have no doubts now that you two will take care of each other.

"Because remember that you may be the warder, but a bond is never one-sided. She will care for you and protect you as much as you do for her. And that is when these things work the best. Take it from someone with a great deal of experience in these matters."

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » November 30th, 2017, 7:24 am

An unreserved smile crept onto his lips for a few moments then. He would always listen to her advice, he was certain she was wiser than he in most - if not all - ways. The words about it being two-sided, however, he already knew. Perhaps, though, he would grow to appreciate it more in time and with experience and so he filed them away. As far as he saw it in regards to Sadira, she had done just as much for him as the reverse and he was glad it was so.

"I have no doubt, and I'd have it no other way. Indeed I'm fairly sure she would do so even if I said not to. Family trait too, I'm guessing"

There was a slight relaxing of muscles he hadn't realised were tensed now that she seemed to have accepted his words. He was glad that there would be no issues with him being Bonded to Sadira. It was not something he had relished having to live with had it been the reverse and though their meeting had come sooner than expected he was glad that it had happened.

"But thank you, and I will remember the advice. Certainly you would know better about it. Still getting used to it myself" he said, briefly marvelling at the little section that was Sadira once more, it was difficult not to get distracted by it at times.

"We have all lost much, it seems. Feels like things are changing though. Perhaps we will get more from now on than what is taken. For what it's worth I will help where I can with the new addition to the family," he said, briefly reflective, "my family now, I suppose"

He scratched his chin, seeing much of Miahala in Sadira - a natural thing of course. He fancied that he could piece together what was Darien in her too. It was a shame that he would never meet the man. Then again if he had been alive back then he probably would never have truly connected with Sadira and so he counted his blessings.
~
~

Bella

Post by Bella » December 5th, 2017, 12:13 am

Miahala smiled.

It was a small expression, economic in its effort expended, but clearly genuine. The emotion of it reached up to her eyes, which were filled with warmth. If there was ever a best way to reach her heart, it was to treat her children well. She knew they were grown, but for the one yet to be born, so she couldn't always be there to protect them as she once had. She was grateful for those who would.

Sadira had inherited several traits from both sides of her bloodlines. She was stubborn and headstrong, and she often thought herself more invincible than she actually was. Mia was grateful her girl had found Alrim.

"Your family now," she echoed softly, "but only as much as you feel it too. Nothing will be forced upon you. You are to Sadira, and Sadira is to you. And that is that." She put her hand on his shoulder as she began her laborious way away from him, and this conversation, to leave him in peace. "Don't ever let anything, or anyone, come between that. Not even me."

With that, she bowed her head to him and walked away.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik