A Mother's Endurance [Attn: Ravak Darrow]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

A Mother's Endurance [Attn: Ravak Darrow]

Post by Bella » November 17th, 2017, 5:29 pm

[subtitle]Miahala Darrow[/subtitle]
It's for your own good.

Shouldn't that be up to me?

Fine, it's for your baby's sake. She or he can't speak, so it's up to the Healer in charge.

I don't like you anymore.

I know.

Miahala lay in bed, on her side, staring at a stack of books on her nightstand. She had read them all, and two of them twice, in the past two weeks. It had only been two weeks and she was already about to rip apart every piece of furniture in the room...if only she could actually move like a human being did.

This baby was heavy, or maybe it was just that she was old.

Gareth had at least assured her that it was only one child. He knew what the gender of the baby was, but she didn't want to be told. Of course, she was almost entirely sure that she knew the answer as well--she recalled her Dream--but she would know for sure once this babe was finally born.

She would then be able to get out of this blasted bed, too.

Her attending Yellow had told her she needed to be on bed rest until the child was born. She was considered a "high risk" pregnancy because of her age and they didn't want to take any chances at the baby being born prematurely. And so...here she was. Trapped. With almost nothing to do. She was allowed to move for only the sincerest necessities.

Otherwise, trapped.

There were books to read, and she'd read them. She'd never been one for stitchwork. Mia wanted to be out there and doing things! But no, her "most important job" right then was the protection of her child. And it wasn't that she disagreed, but it was still very difficult to endure it. Especially with Ravak having to be out for most of the day.

She could barely even change position!

Her stomach was too large to lay on, and if she laid on her back, the weight of the child pressed down and made her lose consciousness, so she could lay on this side...or that side... Sometimes she got wild and crazy, and sat up.

That was it.

Pulling the pillow over her head, the Captain-General screamed her frustration...

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: A Mother's Endurance [Attn: Ravak Darrow]

Post by Craig » December 4th, 2017, 10:39 am

Ravak
The Master of Arms' door closed with a clatter. Sniffing loudly, Ravak stalked down the hallway with a face like thunder. Snowflake led the way, but the Shienaran husky stopped every now and then to glance back at her master warily. Rav ignored those looks just as he ignored the people scattering out of his way as he marched out of the Warder Hall towards the Grey Tower.

The journey between work and home seemed to take no time. His mind was occupied with the disaster that the day had been. Regardless of how he sat or however many cushions he added, his chair had been uncomfortable. When he tried to work whilst standing, random pains ached his back muscles. He had kicked his desk in frustration only to immediately regret it; he had removed his boots because his feet felt swollen. Ravak only came out of his daydream when a second door closed with a clatter - the one to his apartments.

Ravak just stood by the doorway for a minute or two. He knew that most of what he was feeling wasn't even his own aches and upsets, although that hadn't stopped him from experiencing them all day. But it's worse for her, he reminded himself. It was through acknowledging that which kept him from going mad, and only just. He had no idea how Mia, or anyone else, coped with such a burden.

Unbuckling his belt, Ravak placed his swords outside the doorway to their bedroom, then pushed the door open. He smiled in the direction of his wife, but a large pillow covered up her face. He felt the swelling of emotion just before she screamed.

The smile faded from the Shienaran's lips. His duty, as husband and as a Warder, was to look after her. Yet in this, he felt useless. He crossed to what had been his side of the bed, although Mia was quite centrally positioned at the moment.

"Love?" he asked as the pillow began to pull away. Strands of auburn hair stuck to the pillow, giving her a wild look. Rav wanted to gently brush the hair away from her face, but he also liked the nine fingers he still had. He tried a smile again, but it was pained. "How's your day been?"
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella

Post by Bella » December 5th, 2017, 12:39 am

The pillow flew across the very short distance between them and hit him on the shoulder.

"How do you think my day has been?!" she snapped, huffing out a breath as she pushed the hair out of her face. Of course, the original impulse had not been hers, but she was too far gone in maternal psychopathy to know that.

Of course, moments later, she realized what she'd done and she covered her flushed face with her hands and started to cry.

"I'm sorry..." she said.

After a few moments, she pulled her hands away and closed her eyes. Her body seemed to sink further into the bed, which was considerably impressive given how much her weight was already making it sink in. "This baby needs to be born. Right now. I'm not going to last another day like this."

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » December 7th, 2017, 3:13 pm

Ravak
Ravak cautiously perched on the edge of the bed and lightly placed a hand on the bedding. He wished he had a ter'angreal that would magically make everything better, and he knew it was a bad sign that such a thing was meriting serious consideration in his mind.

He knew what the problem was: a lack of power. For him it was the inability to do anything to make Mia feel better. For her it was the inability to do anything, full stop. That these feelings bounced between them was doing neither of them any good.

"I can send for a Yellow, but..." But that's not going to make the baby come any quicker. You just need to be patient, my love. His lips curved into the approximation of a smile - he knew his words did nothing to sooth her - but he had to try to cheer her up.

"Why don't I send for something to eat? Or I can massage your feet? Get you some more books?" Or a thousand other things that you don't want. There was only so much self-pitying the Shienaran could do in the face of the very real misery his wife was enduring. "What about a bath?"
Image Image Image Image
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella

Post by Bella » December 11th, 2017, 7:00 pm

"I can't eat," she said with a long sigh, leaning her head back for a moment. "The baby is pressing on everything inside me and upsets my stomach. I'd love to take a bath, but I don't imagine I could even get into the tub...or back out of it." Although she knew that she wasn't carrying much more weight than the baby and what it needed, she felt twice her size.

She looked at him again and smiled weakly, reaching out to take his hand. Mia squeezed it likely. She knew how hard this was on him, although she knew in her state, her half of the bond was mostly "going out" feelings than picking up on his. She was overwhelmed by her own existence.

Mia wanted to tell him that it would all be over soon...and yes, this part of it would be. Then the next part would begin.

"Maybe some more books..." she began uncertainly, the last word trailing off when her abdomen cramped suddenly. She grimaced, squeezing his hand out of reflex. She knew it was a contraction, but they had been light and sporadic for days now. This...felt different. "I think you might not have to put up with my bedridden complaints much longer." Her voice was slightly breathless.

It's about time you showed up, she said to her about-to-be-born child.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » December 12th, 2017, 9:05 am

Ravak
Trollocs, Myrddraal, Darkfriends, even Black Ajah ex-lovers: Ravak Darrow had seen them all. But when Mia squeezed down on his hand, when the feeling of her contraction rippled through the bond, true fear finally struck home. This was so very different from when Mirin had given birth to Kaira.

"We should get you to the Infirmary," he said after recollecting the last event. "Once you get there, the Yellows will look after everything." That had very much been Rav's plan from the beginning - to leave everything to the experts. After all, he was a man. What did he know about giving birth?

There was a telling expression on Miahala's face that said the Infirmary wasn't an option; Ravak's stomach churned.

"Okay, okay," he said breathily, "Then towels. I'll get you towels." There had been towels when Kaira was born. "And I'll send for someone." Although that meant leaving his wife's side, something they were both reluctant to see happen. But there's no chance I can deliver a child alone. He could plan rescue missions and ambushes in his sleep, but the mechanics of childbirth was beyond him.

He tried to pull away but the resistance on his hand increased. "I love you dear, but I need to get someone to help."
Image Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » December 12th, 2017, 6:31 pm

In truth, it wasn't that she didn't want help, but the lingering pain made it difficult for her fingers to unclench.

The contractions were now close together this soon, so she was able to focus long enough to pull her hand off of us. She could feel the next one building, however, and just knew within that this labor would not be a slow one. She just hoped it would be safer for her than the last one, as Haeden had nearly killed her.

"Go," she managed through grit teeth, already feeling another death-grip on her abdomen. "Get a Yellow. This baby is suddenly--" Her breath was stolen for a moment as she gritted the blankets. Ravak's fear put the bitter taste of adrenaline on her tongue, but for her part, she was just focusing on surviving the pain.

"--impatient. GO!"
OOC: Gareth or Thea are good to fine. <3

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » January 4th, 2018, 1:49 pm

Ravak
The door reverberated on its hinges as Ravak dashed into the corridors outside their quarters. He sprinted towards the Infirmary at a dangerous pace. A doorway opened to his right and as Ravak dodged to the left, he collided with an Asha'man coming around the corner. Both men ended up sprawled across the stone floor, but the Gaidin hastily starting moving again, scrambling on four limbs until he reestablished his balance. Angry cries followed him down the passageway but Ravak was deaf to their content.

His heart raced and not for the physical exertion he was conducting. He felt Mia stronger than ever, or at least that's how it seemed. If there was any emotional barrier between them, it had eroded to nothing, and Rav now felt like a physical manifestation of her will. Get a Yellow; get a Yellow; get a Yellow. No other thoughts would come. No other thoughts could come.

There were a couple of near-misses, but fortunately no-one else was sent groundwards by Ravak's recklessness. That was until he saw a familiar face. Ravak seemed to charge at the Asha'man, gripping him on the forearms in what could have been a friendly expression if not for the force behind it. "I need you Gareth, now!" Without even waiting for the man's reply, Rav started to pull the man in the opposite direction. Well, he tried. Even years of physical training didn't let you move a giant like Gareth without his assent.
Image Image Image Image

Bella

Post by Bella » January 10th, 2018, 11:37 pm

Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
When a normally reserved man, never known to be excitable or flighty, suddenly took on that first quality in droves, it hardly took any level of genius to guess that something was wrong, or at least very urgent. And when you also knew that that man's wife was pregnant, due to deliver any day now...well, that was an easy equation to solve.

In any other moment, Ravak yanking on the immovable object known as Gareth might have been funny...and later on, when all was said and done, the Yellow would likely see the amusement. It would even likely be a tale of amusement told to the child on its way about the day that it arrived.

For now, however, haste was a necessity.

Once Mia took to bed, Gareth had prepared a small bag full of potential supplies. He knew that not everything could be solved with the One Power, and childbirth was one of those particularly bizarre events in life where it seemed like anything at all could happen. So he was prepared, and now moved fast. (Surprisingly fast for a man his size.)

He grabbed that bag and now hurried through the halls alongside Miahala's husband. In this instant, the man was not Gaidin, or Master of Arms, or anything else...just a man worried about his wife and coming child.

They heard Miahala's scream from the end of the hallway.
* Miahala ni Sha'hal t'Darrow
The pain was familiarly unbearable.

Every woman through the eons of time always declared as one child was born that the pain was too much to ever want to do it again. It was a sentiment forgotten time and time again once the memory began to fade, but in that moment? Every question about whether it was worth it, and of one's sanity for willingly enduring it, and that promise of "he's never going to touch me again" raced through her head.

For the moment, she was on her feet. Her hands gripped the edge of the bed like something she intended to strangle the life from, and her head bowed, body swaying back and forth in some desperate attempt to ease the pain.

"You owe me, child," she groaned, teeth gritting to the point of breaking and each breath one she had to remind herself to force in and out.

The bond was all but obscured in her mind. She only had a vague sense of her warder-husband as he rushed to the infirmary and then rushed back. The child was taking up everything else within her mind.

Another contraction hit, and nearly took her legs from under her. She lowered, but did not fall, bit a scream escaped her mouth that made nearly every Green--or anyone else--presently in the Green Halls peek out their doors to see if anyone was dying... Most then remembered the gravid state of their Captain-General and were grateful she could not light everything on fire.
* Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
Gareth burst into the Darrow quarters just a heartbeat behind Ravak. He left the husband to his wife and instead moved in as the attending midwife. Saidin was already raging through him and he Delved her quickly. What he saw surprised him.

"Mia, we need to get you back on the bed," he said. "This baby will be here soon."

Between the two men, they got her back up. She seemed barely coherent. "I guess..." she gasped, writhing as she gripped the blankets. "...it wasn't false labor after all. Deceitful child!"

As Gareth laid out his bag, he glanced at Ravak. "Don't take anything she says personal. It might get ugly."

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » January 18th, 2018, 12:46 am

Ravak
Ravak faintly nodded at Gareth. He heard and absorbed the words, but the bond was making everything ten times more difficult than it ought to be. He stepped to his wife's side unsure of what help or assistance to offer. He could recall holding Mirin's hand when Kaira was born, so he offered Mia a hand too. Maybe that was just a Cairhienin thing to do, or just something specifically Mirin.

"I'm here," Rav said, painfully aware he was doing nothing other than stating the obvious. "What can I do? I... Do you even want me here?" He was far from confident what else he could do with his wife in his state, and that condition being transmitted through the bond, but drinking was a quick consideration. He wouldn't make it to Hama Valon, but everyone had wine in the Tower. Not his first choice of alcohol, but he'd gladly drink wine to get through this.
Image Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik