The Butterfly [Attn: James]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Jenny
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Larissa Saighan

Re: The Butterfly [Attn: James]

Post by Jenny » November 14th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Larissa Larissa tried to calm her racing heart. The light of the lamp chased away the shadows. She blinked away the image of her father's leering face and flinched a little when Camille spoke.

“I...I had a nightmare,” she said, through her tearful hiccups. "I'm sorry for waking you."

I am safe, she reassured herself. I am safe and well. I am in the Grey Tower, surrounded by channelers. Perhaps one day I will become Aes Sedai, and then no one would dare to hurt me. I will never be caught again!

Slowly her body relaxed. When she could breathe calmly again, she leaned over the edge of the bed and fished her blanket from the ground.
Spoiler: show
(OOC: Please feel free to move them to the next day, or more if you like.)

James
"The Eye of the World"
PC: Camille Alvandrin

Post by James » November 15th, 2017, 12:18 am

Camille Seriously, just a nightmare? Why had the Creator chosen to pair her with the most annoying brat under the sun? Camille fell back onto her pillow and groaned internally. How was she suppose to work and learn if she had a roommate who antagonized her with every word and interrupted her sleep?

This wasn't going to work. She resolved that she would march to the Mistress of Novices first thing in the morning and request a different room.

Camille woke up early and, immediately after dressing, went to visit Tia Sedai. Unfortunately, after a very short discussion, she left the Mistress of Novices' office boiling with fury. Not only had she been told to remain roomed with Larissa, she was to take the morning off to show the new girl around the Tower grounds.

For better or worse - most definitely for worse, she thought - she was stuck with Larissa. She went back to the room and poked her head in the door.

"Larissa? Come on," she said. Somehow she managed to keep the bitterness out of her voice. "Tia Sedai told me to take you around the Tower and help you find your classes. Hurry up, breakfast starts in a few minutes."
> > >

Jenny
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Jenny » November 16th, 2017, 5:28 pm

Larissa Larissa cracked open her eyes and made an unhappy noise into her pillow. A glance out the window showed that the sun hadn't even risen. She rubbed sleepily at her face and dragged herself out of bed. The night air was freezing and the floor felt like ice. She quickly searched for and put on her slippers.

It rankled that Camille was ordering her around, but she set aside her irritation for more pressing matters.

"Where's the bathroom?" she grumbled.

After she freshened up and dressed, she followed Camille to the learning rank's dining hall. Breakfast consisted of tasteless gruel and a sour fruit. When she introduced herself to the other novices and tried to find out more about her lessons, she was quieted by a nearby woman and told to save her mouth for eating.

The woman wore a white dress with banded colors at the hems. Larissa stuck out her tongue at her retreating back.

"What a rude, milk-faced chit," she said to Camille in a hushed whisper. "And such a hideous dress. Those colors don't go together at all!"

As they went through the day, Larissa continued to complain about... well, about everything. She complained about their teachers, their chores, other novices, and the rules. If anyone corrected her, she only huffed and latched onto the next thing to whine about. And if her listener remained quiet, then she went on and on about how things were so much better back home.
(OOC: Basically she is being a whiny brat. Don't worry, it will stop soon lol. Please have Camille react to this in any way you wish.)

James
"The Eye of the World"

Post by James » November 16th, 2017, 11:17 pm

Camille Camille picked irritably at her breakfast and prayed for the Creator to grant her patience

"That was an Accepted," she explained quietly. “It is what they wear. You must be respectful or they could send you to the Mistress of Novices. Hush now, it's against the rules to talk during meals."

While Camille finished her breakfast, she hoped that Larissa wouldn’t be a slob. After this, they were to clean their rooms and complete morning chores before attending their first lesson of the day. The Aes Sedai expected them to keep their rooms as clean as the moment they arrived, and checked at least twice each day, morning and evening. They would both be responsible for the room, even if only one side was dirty.

A few days later, Camille was at her wit's end. She couldn't believe that one person could be so annoying. Between the nightmares at night and the continuous stream of complaints during the day, Larissa was beginning to seriously impede her ability to concentrate. Camille knew that she had to do something about this. The situation was intolerable.

However, Camille wasn't the type of girl to take Larissa aside for a heart-to-heart and try to "fix" things. She wasn't going to make Larissa some sort of pet project. She had problems of her own.

And so Camille hatched a plan.

"Hey Larissa," she said one day, during her roommate's daily rant about their classwork. She smiled sweetly at the other novice.

"Since you've been struggling with that essay, would you like to look at mine?"
[OOC: sent you pm with the idea let me know if its okay or if you want me to change anything]
> > >

Jenny
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Jenny » November 18th, 2017, 12:38 am

Larissa Larissa was pacing across their shared room when Camille spoke. She stopped mid-sentence and spun to face her roommate. It was the first thing that Camille had ever said to her that was even remotely friendly. Larissa beamed.

“Of course,” she said, brightly.

She took the papers and sat at her desk. They had been assigned an essay on the role of Aes Sedai during Artur Hawkwing’s reign. After only a few moments of reading, Larissa found her attention wandering.

She snuck a peek at Camille, who sat with perfect lady-like posture at her own desk, studying that odd little book which she kept in her desk drawer. Once, Larissa had looked over her roommate’s shoulder and seen that the book was filled with red and black circles. She hadn’t been able to make neither heads nor tails of it. It was extremely odd, but Camille was an odd roommate in more ways than she could count. Cold and aloof, the other girl had no friends as far as Larissa could tell. Not that Larissa herself was any more popular. She hadn’t made a single friend and blamed it on the fact that there was little time for idle chatter in the life of a novice as well as the general unfriendliness of the other novices. Like Camille, for instance.

Larissa turned back to her desk and sighed. This essay really was a waste of time, she grumbled to herself. With another peek at Camille, she took her quill from the inkpot and began to quickly copy. She could think of no other reason that her roommate had decided to lend her the essay. The corner of her lip quirked upwards.

Maybe living with Camille wasn’t so bad after all, she thought.

James
"The Eye of the World"

Post by James » November 18th, 2017, 5:37 pm

Camille Camille watched Larissa from the corner of her eye and could hardly conceal her glee. The next morning, she went to the Mistress of Novices. When the Aes Sedai answered the door, Camille curtsied deeply.

“Yes, Camille? May I help you?”

“I’m sorry to bother you, Tia Sedai, but there is something you should know. My roommate has been copying my essays. I found this on her desk.”

She gave the Aes Sedai her essay along with the copy which she had stolen from Larissa’s desk.

After the midday meal, an Accepted came to fetch Larissa. Camille pretended to be as confused as everyone else. But when Larissa turned her head, Camille caught her eye and allowed herself a sly grin. She watched as Larissa’s face colored with realization.

Her plans had gone perfectly. Camille savored the sweetness of victory. Maybe now Larissa will learn to stop complaining about her classwork and leave her in peace.
> > >

Jenny
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Jenny » November 20th, 2017, 7:11 pm

Larissa After the worst afternoon of her life, Larissa left the Mistress of Novices’ office and stomped down the hall. With every sudden movement, pain shot through her backside. Tia Sedai had a strong arm. But she didn’t care. She was so angry that she could hardly see.

She stormed into their room and discovered with vicious glee that her loathsome roommate had not returned from her classes. Immediately she went straight for Camille’s desk and opened the drawer. And there it was, the odd little book that she had seen Camille spend so many hours reading. Larissa seized it and tucked it into her belt pouch.

She dressed warmly, pulled on woolen socks, and stuffed her feet into sturdy boots. Then she left the building for the snow-covered gardens. Her heart pounded. By the grace of the Creator, she didn’t run into her roommate. At this time of the year, the paths were covered with a thin layer of mud from the mix of melted snow and earth. She wandered deep into the gardens and found a secluded area partially hidden by trees. With a cold, cruel sense of purpose, she took out Camille’s book and threw it to the ground. Then with a cry of frustration, she kicked it open and began to mark its pages with muddy footprints.

James
"The Eye of the World"

Post by James » December 1st, 2017, 1:17 am

Camille
That evening, Camille went back to her room feeling very smug. Her lessons had gone well that day. During mathematics, she had been the quickest in the class to complete her calculations. In history, her essay had received an excellent score. And one of the Aes Sedai had even complimented her understanding of the Old Tongue. Camille knew that other novices thought her to be a teacher’s pet, but she didn’t care. She was determined to try her best and attain the shawl as soon as possible.

Yes, things were going very well. She sat at her desk and opened the drawer.

Instantly her good mood evaporated. In the drawer, her mother’s book sat atop her other books as usual. But deep grooves streaked the dark leather cover and its pages had been muddied and torn. Camille lifted the ruined book with trembling hands.

Who would do such a thing? As soon as the question pop into her head, she knew the answer. It seemed that instead of being intimidated, Larissa had taken it upon herself to seek revenge. Camille placed the book on her desk and opened the cover, careful not to exacerbate the damage. The pages stuck together. She gently pried them apart - and stared. Her heart sunk. Where there had been neatly drawn grids and labeled circles was now an inky, soggy mess.

The novice rose slowly to her feet and staggered to her bed. Then she buried her head in her hands and choked back a sob. Gone… it was gone. She had a tremendous memory for the game of stones, yet even she could not reconstruct all of those pages from memory. She had continued to hope, believing that the book held one last message from her mother. Something that could help her understand why it had all happened. Why had her mother abandoned her when she was young? Why had she returned after so many years, and why had she died?

Now, she knew that she would never find the answers. Hope flickered and died.

Camille pulled her blanket into her lap, wrapped her arms around herself, and cried for the first time since the White Tower had fallen and her parents had died. Everything she had held inside poured out in fat tears that rolled down her face. The book had been a crutch to focus her energies on when she despaired. It had been a reminder of the short, treasured time she had spent with her mother. And now it was gone.

She heard the door open and soft footsteps cross the room. As soon as the door closed, Camille sprang from the bed and seized Larissa by the front of her dress.

“I said that you weren’t to touch my things,” she hissed. “What you did was despicable! I’m reporting you to the Mistress of Novices.”
[OOC: sorry for the delay was busy last week]
> > >

Jenny
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Jenny » December 1st, 2017, 7:47 pm

Larissa Larissa was all too familiar with violence and reacted quickly. She brought a knee up forcefully aimed at Camille's stomach, and then she roughly pushed the other girl away.

“Don’t touch me,” she snarled. “Go on, tell on me again, I dare you! You have no proof. Besides, you tricked me. You had it all planned out when you let me see your essay and turned me over to the Mistress of Novices. Who even does that? What did I ever do to you?”

Then she noticed the tearstains on Camille’s cheeks. Though she had intended to hurt Camille, she suddenly realized that perhaps she had gone too far. But she didn’t understand why. It had only been a book. Books were replaceable enough, with silver or gold. Larissa peered closely at her roommate.

“Were you crying?” she asked incredulously.

James
"The Eye of the World"

Post by James » December 7th, 2017, 4:21 am

Camille Oof! Camille had not expected a prissy highborn girl to knee her in the stomach. It was not a strong enough blow to really hurt - she had shifted away once she realized what was happening - but it certainly knocked the breath out of her. She stumbled a little as Larissa pushed her away and caught herself against her desk.

Camille suddenly felt ashamed of her plot to get Larissa in trouble. It really had been quite childish, she thought. She should have just kept her head down and endured her roommate's small annoyances. But now, whenever she looked at Larissa, a wave of irritability, anger, and great enmity swept over her. She wiped at her eyes and wished, not for the first time, for the privacy of her own room.

“It was my mother’s book,” she said in a low tone. “It is the only thing I have left of her.”

This was not quite true; the book had not been the only thing within her mother’s belongings, even if it had been the most important and personal. However, it was worth saying it just to see the guilt on Larissa’s face. She picked up the ruined book and went to the door. If she hurried, perhaps she could still catch the Mistress of Novices in her office.
> > >

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik