In Gratitude [Attn: Alrim Farshera Gaidin]

The everyday life of the inhabitants of the Grey Tower. This board is for general daily roleplay around the Tower, in the corridors, rooms and halls that make up most of the building.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

In Gratitude [Attn: Alrim Farshera Gaidin]

Post by Bella » October 3rd, 2017, 2:19 am

[subtitle]Sadira Jolstraer Aes Sedai, PSC[/subtitle]
There was a wooden bench situated just outside the door into the Grey Tower's main stables. It was a rough-hewn thing that had seen more life than almost any member of the Tower. Miahala herself as an Accepted may have once sat upon it, the ragged thing had somehow withstood all the tests of time.

It was upon this bench that Sadira Sedai now sat, and waited.

Even on a coarse wooden bench, the Blue could still manage to look entirely in place--like she was meant to be there--and every bit the Aes Sedai that she was. No one questioned her or even gave her a second look past their deferential nods before moving on about their business, and that was just fine with her.

She had sent a note to Alrim Gaidin and asked him to meet her here, at this place and just about this time. She had some...business to discuss with him, an addendum to their difficult trip to Saldea not long ago. She felt a faint frisson of anxiety, hoping it would be well-received, but she was determined in her path.

So she sat, and waited, and enjoyed the day while she did so.

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Re: In Gratitude [Attn: Alrim Farshera Gaidin]

Post by Andy » October 3rd, 2017, 6:45 am

When he had received the note, the request to meet, his first thoughts had been of concern. Given what had transpired for them recently he found himself hoping that no further tragedy had struck. The day went slower after, it seemed. He had obligations to meet that he couldn't just walk away from - teaching, organising, securing. The list went on these days, he had promised himself that he would try to make things better himself and so he had taken on extra duties where possible to make it happen. Dull jobs but he had to start somewhere.

Still, as he watched the sky every so often, and the appointed time grew closer, it was hard not to walk off and go to the meeting. As it was he arrived, perhaps just a little late, but she was still there. He remembered a time when he had tried to sneak up on the channellers he met at the stables. A game, almost. He snorted at himself and approached like a 'normal' person now. He noted that she appeared more like her lineage now, the Aes Sedai seeming to be exactly where she wished to be. Even if that was a battered old bench. He reflected that he was lucky to have been treated to times beneath that exterior.

"I received the message, I hope you weren't kept waiting long" he said, an uncertain smile and a nod of the head in respect as he came to stand before her, "is all well?"

He studied her briefly, now that he was closer. There were no packs, no signs of travel and, a glace around confirmed, no Haeden either. That seemed to rule out any follow up to Saldea, unless the man had decided not to go, and so muscles he wasn't aware had been tensed relaxed. Perhaps she just wished to speak with him, he reasoned. To discuss ideas or approaches, or perhaps just touching base. A more pleasant thought he welcomed, he enjoyed their conversations. He took the opportunity to sit beside her, the roughness of its frame immediately apparent.
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Bella

Post by Bella » October 5th, 2017, 1:40 am

When he approached, she turned her head to meet his gaze and smiled warmly. When he asked if all was well, she realized that her message might have been interpreted in a less positive light than she'd intended. She hadn't meant to make him worry, so she kept the smile and her gaze on him as he sat beside her.

"Everything is quite well," she assured him. Well, maybe not "quite" well since there was always that lingering concern about what might happen to her family, but there had been no new signs or concerns, so all was well enough.

She went on after a moment. "I just wanted to see you," she went on. "I hope I didn't cause you any undue concern. When not in a moment of camping or concern, I wanted to more properly express my gratitude for your help in Saldaea, and for your support with it all. You came into a cause not your own but have held to it.

"When that cause is my family, it means a lot to me." She inclined her head slightly. "I wanted to show my appreciation in a more tangible way." She rose to her feet then and gestured for him to do the same. "Follow me." She started into the stables.

Once inside, she said, "I noticed that you had borrowed a horse for a trip. I recognized the steed as one belonging to the Tower." She glanced up at him with another. "I know horses. It's in the blood. Anyways. A Gaidin should always be prepared. You will have to leave many a time, and shouldn't have to rely on the Tower."

Sadira brought them to a stop in front of a stall where a tall grey gelding tossed his head before lowering it over the gate, letting her stroke his neck.

"My mother owns a farm just outside Hama Valon," she said, "and she has overseen the breeding of many a sturdy line. I kept it going after her death. This is Ash. He was bred for a steady temperament, but a strong body. He has been trained to not spook easily. Perfect for a Gaidin."

She turned her eyes back to Alrim. "He's yours now."

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » October 5th, 2017, 4:35 pm

He nodded firmly, but happily, when she told him everything was okay. He knew there were still things that concerned her, they also concerned him, but it was good news to be told nothing else untoward had risen. So far. Her words made his cheeks burn slightly, she made him sound better than he was, he was sure. He did what anyone should have done, as far as he was concerned. Any Gaidin, at any rate.

Not entirely true though, is it? You also wanted to, because she is she his mind pointed out to his own further chagrin. He was clearly getting over his self-doubts if he were chiding himself now, he'd never escape.

He remained silent, if curious, as she led them into the stables. She seemed to want to get what needed saying said and so he did not try to interrupt her. It was almost as if she wasn't sure it was right to do, or was unsure in some way. That confused him slightly but he held his tongue, for once.

"I stayed because it was right to do so and because I wanted to, and I will stay until it ends or you tell me to stop, if you so wish. I need no gifts for…helping…you" he said as they slowed and came to s atop, trailing off as the item was revealed.

"Sadira…" he began and then stopped, stepping closer to Ash, watching whilst being watched, letting him get his scent before greeting him with gentle touches and pats, "I…don't know what…you didn't have to…" he snorted and Ash returned the sound, that made him smile.

"Thank you, Sadira, he is a treasure. The best gift I have been given in a while, actually. I did keep meaning to get my own but…well let's be honest I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes horses," he looked at her with a grin as Ash sniffed his cheek, "I am sure you chose well. I will look after him and we will have many adventures."

"Won’t we now Ash, hmm?" he asked him softly.

"I will live up to the gift, and the words, that you have my word on," he said, looking into and holding her gaze for a few moments until Ash lowered his head between them and broke it. He chuckled.

"One day I will have too return the occasion, present for a present. Though what I could give you that you don’t have," he shook his head.
~
~

Bella

Post by Bella » October 6th, 2017, 11:05 pm

Sadira smiled, feeling a small sense of relief that surprised her. She had been worried what he would say to the present, although she wasn't sure what possible reaction had worried her most... It didn't matter now, however, because he was pleased and so she was pleased. And that was all there was to it.

"A gift is never given with the expectation of receiving one in return," she said simply. "This is my way of saying thank you, so the only thing in return is something you have already given."

Turning to the big horse, she pet his dappled grey neck. "Just treat each other well," she said warmly. She had been born with her mother's love for horses. Then she turned back to Alrim and tilted her head slightly. "Although I guess this means we should travel together more often, I should think."

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » October 7th, 2017, 7:07 am

Ash nosed his ear and he gently pushed him away, only to get nosed once more. A second gentle push and a further nose told him all he needed to know. She had chosen wisely, Ash might have been of sound temperament but he clearly had a sense of playfulness when it came to Alrim, out of the saddle at any rate. He gave up and let him have his fun with a smile.

"Perhaps," he said slowly in response to her gifting comments, "I shall defer to your judgement on this occasion" he continued in a warm tone.

He returned his attention to his new friend, running his fingers through his mane as his other hand stroked the dappled grey neck. It seemed too soft for the strength he could feel in the muscles beneath. It never failed to amaze him how creatures that were larger and more powerful than people could have such gentle spirits. He returned his attention to Sadira at her other comment.

"You have had my blade, and you gave me my steed, so whenever you call I shall answer. I would rather spend time with those I would choose than those assigned, Gaidin Captain be damned," he said, "besides, I never did set a time limit on watching over you when I tagged along, so you I suppose you are stuck with me" he grinned as Ash snorted and nosed him again.

He had to laugh, he was too much like his new owner. He fancied they would get along fine and he would come check on him every day as he deserved. For now time was spent getting to know each other and learning more about horses, under Sadira's expert instruction.
~
~

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik