Priorities? What priorities? (Delaine!)

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Priorities? What priorities? (Delaine!)

Post by Sunny » April 1st, 2017, 5:25 am

Jesi
Jesi sprawled belly-down on her bed, her feet facing the headboard and her chin propped up with one hand. It was mid-afternoon on some feast day that the Tower considered important enough to reschedule some classes, but not important enough to require a lot of effort from the novices. The novice couldn’t keep track of them all, so she didn’t try. Instead, she slipped away to read and enjoy her rare moment of legitimate freedom.

The book before her had clearly seen a great deal of love since its creation; the leather cover was worn smooth, the corners of each page curling in or dog-eared, and in some places the ink had begun to fade. The Adventures of Jain Farstrider wasn’t the Mayener woman’s preferred reading material, but it was better than the pile of philosophy and history books that sat on the corner of her desk. Those had been there for five days untouched, her studying time taken up by clandestine visits with Paks, reading whatever novels she could get her hands on, and sundry other more interesting pursuits.

The door opened and Jesi lifted her head, smiling at Delaine as her roommate entered. “What have you been doing?” She asked curiously, marking her spot with a bit of ribbon as she set Travels aside. “Surely Alarielle Sedai didn’t require you to attend her on a feast day? I wonder sometimes whether that woman is human at all. She’s so completely devoid of emotion she could as easily be a clock.”
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

Elan
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Jaren Marle, Asha'man
SC: Mael Akashi, Asha'man
TC: Delaine Taborwin, Novice
QC: Valentin Akashi, Soldier

Re: Priorities? What priorities? (Delaine!)

Post by Elan » April 2nd, 2017, 8:07 am

Delaine
Delaine glided along the hallway, half-immersed in an idle fantasy. In her imagination, she was not in the Novice quarters, headed to the room she shared with with a promiscuous Mayener, but in the halls of the Blue Ajah — or maybe Grey? that part wasn’t too relevant — heading back to her quarters after a debriefing with her Ajah Head after an important mission. Instead of the Novice whites she was wearing a gown — no, a riding dress, because she’d been travelling — of dark blue silk and a fur-lined cloak, and the books she was holding were binders of important documents, not frivolous poetry—

No, surely she could still enjoy poetry as an Aes Sedai? Yes, definitely. Important documents and a book of poetry, then, that she’d picked up on her travels, not borrowed from the Tower Library…

She blinked, realising she’d walked right past her room. A quick look around told her that the hallway was empty; there was nobody to witness her embarrassment as she turned around and doubled back, past three other doors to reach the right one. She entered, fully expecting the room to be empty, and therefore surprised to find her roommate actually there.

Delaine still wasn’t quite sure what to make of Jesi and her habit of creeping around with that Drin, Paks, but since they were stuck living together, being in friendly terms was by far the preferable option, and so she returned the smile.

“Alarielle Sedai cares not for the peculiarities of the calendar when there are notes to organise,” she replied. “But it’s light enough work, and I got to pick these up from the Library,” she placed the books on her desk, “so I don’t mind too much.” She sat on the edge of her bed, peering curiously at her roommate. “You’re not out with Paks?”

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Re: Priorities? What priorities? (Delaine!)

Post by Sunny » April 5th, 2017, 5:42 am

Jesi
As Delaine set her books down, Jesi rolled herself to a sitting position, fingers combing through dark locks in a vain attempt to tame the wild mane. “I believe Paks has gone off to the city or some such. While you could argue that that hasn’t stopped me before...I thought it best not to trouble Velanya Sedai or Julian Gaidin so soon after our last adventure,” she said with an easy smile. Jesi had learned things about Paks recently that made her wary of angering the Master of Training too much. Even a novice prone to disregarding rules knew there were some lines that simply could not be crossed.

The Mayener tilted her head, reading the titles of the books her roommate had brought in. For some reason she had thought Delaine the sort to revel in history and philosophy, but she recognized two of the titles as poetry collections she herself enjoyed. I live with this woman, and I don’t know her at all. That realization was rather sobering; when had she closed herself off to new friendships? She missed Noura, but that was no excuse to be distant to her replacement. Delaine could hardly be blamed for the Tower’s decision to send the Amadician home, after all.

There’s no time like the present! “Poetry is a window to the soul of both the poet and the reader,” she commented, nodding to the books. “Have you read these before? And...surely Alarielle didn’t lend them to you?” She could not imagine the White reading anything other than research papers, but...stranger things had happened.
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik