Setting a Good Example [attn: Jem/Alisa]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Locke
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Terric of the Salt Flat Sept of the Nakai Aiel
SC: Alric Aurella
TC: Nasrin Naceri

Setting a Good Example [attn: Jem/Alisa]

Post by Locke » March 5th, 2017, 5:53 pm

Nasrin
Who in their right mind though Nasrin should be anyone's mentor? Apparently Vanya. The woman had summoned Nadrin with very little fanfare or explanation. At first she thought, the late night summons was because she was in trouble. In fact she would have preferred the slipper to her current task. On the way back to the tiny room she shared with Kaira, she passed caught her reflection an outer window. Her hair was getting too long. To her displeasure, it was practically to her chin. Did Jaren like longer hair? Maybe.. No.. she wouldn’t change for him. The man would have to take her no matter how she wore her hair. Even if she shaved one side and dyed it blue with King’s flower. Smirking at her reflection she decided she'd do just that.

The next morning, she found the girl at breakfast. Plopping down across from the kid, she introduced herself with a wolfish grin, “I'm Nas, and somebody thought it would be a good idea for me to show you the ropes.” Her fingers reached up to touch the right side of her head in the absent minded gesture she'd picked up since Kaira had helped her shave it this morning. She hasn't had time to find Garhald for the King’s flower, and so far she hadn't seen Vanya either.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Jem
"The Eye of the World"
PC: Alisa Amaro

Re: Setting a Good Example [attn: Jem/Alisa]

Post by Jem » March 9th, 2017, 2:46 am

Alisa looked around the tidy hall; it wasn't much smaller than the monstrous room trainees took meals in at the White Tower, but it was slightly less ornate. She smiled at girls as she took her food in; shy, hesitant smiles that didn't gather her any invitations to sit. Finally she found a table where one end was empty and she sat, looking around and trying to decipher the cliques. It was important information she'd need to navigate all these young women. Having several brothers had taught her that women could be a little...strange.

With that word still ringing in her head, an adorable young woman with a half-shaved head abruptly planted herself across the table. “I'm Nas, and somebody thought it would be a good idea for me to show you the ropes.” Alisa blinked at her a moment until her manners came back and she smiled.

"Hi, Nas. I'm Alisa." Presumably she knew that already, but Alisa liked to be polite and precise. "I'm so glad to meet you, I was concerned I'd be eating alone my first day here." She extended her hand, but misjudged the position of her teacup. The cuff of her sleeve caught it and the momentum carried it along in Nas' direction, sending tea out ahead.
Alisa

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » March 15th, 2017, 1:49 pm

Nas
Nas threw herself back laughing as tea splashed across the table. “Nice wipeout, girl,” Nas said, grin still fixed in place. She quickly put down her tray and used her own napkin to try stopping the spreading liquid. The tea soaked through and seemed pretty likely to keep spreading. She even snagged a few napkins from a neighboring table, returning the girls’ complaints with a good natured wink and grin. Finally, she managed to stop flood of tea. Poor girl probably hadn’t had more than a sip.

Finally able to sit, Nasrin passed the younger girl her untouched cup of tea. “If they haven't told you yet, try to keep your dress as clean as possible,” she said, smiling as she dabbed at the brown stains on her sleeve. Picking over her breakfast, she said, “So, kid, what kind of trouble do you get up to when they aren't looking? Or maybe when they are, I won't judge.”
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Jem
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Jem » March 18th, 2017, 7:44 pm

Alisa's face flared red as fast as the tea rushed across the table. "Oh, Light! I'm so sorry," she babbled, somewhat uselessly as Nas dealt with the mess with cool aplomb.

At the mention of keeping her dress spotless, Alisa grimaced, glancing down to be sure she hadn't splashed herself. "Oh, they told me." She refrained from mentioning that she already knew entirely too much about Novice life, albeit from a slightly different perspective and culture. "But I don't get into trouble," she protested. "And I certainly can't take your tea," she pushed the cup back at her new...friend? "I don't get into trouble," she reiterated, "but I enjoy reading and learning sword work." She worked her way through her food as they spoke, aware of the pressures of time, while being careful not to speak with her mouth full.
Alisa

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » March 31st, 2017, 11:54 pm

Nas
Swords? Maybe Vanya should have given this girl to Kaira. It’s probably best she stays out of trouble though. They’d probably blame me if she did anything After another failed attempt to offer the girl tea, Nas simply began dumping honey in for herself.

Studying her new mentee over her mug, she tried to get a better read on her. She didn’t seem shy per se. It was more of a determined reservation. Somebody had told her to be ladylike but never let her be Alisa-like. That wasn’t a word, but Nasrin wasn’t known for following rules. Why start now? Well she did want to set a somewhat decent example so maybe just maybe, she should follow a few rules. Digging into her own food, Nas said, “I can’t much help you with swords, but I could probably help you practice channeling a little on the side.” She spoke, intentionally ignoring the food in her mouth. This girl would loosen up if it was the last thing she did.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Jem
"The Eye of the World"

Post by Jem » April 1st, 2017, 12:35 am

She tried not to stare at the girl talking with her mouth full, but the poor manners were so contrary to everything she had been taught to do, and to the way everyone she'd grown up around behaved. It was impossible not to at least look, although Alisa had the grace to occasionally glance away, and not gawp open-mouthed. Taken together with the girl's excessively casual demeanor and her...unusual hair, Alisa decided after a few moments that it was done deliberately, to provoke a reaction, and here she was staring, giving just such a reaction. She forced her attention onto her own breakfast with difficulty.

It was on the tip of her tongue to protest that channelling without supervision wasn't allowed. The words almost spilled from her mouth, but Alisa didn't want Nas to decide she wasn't worth the trouble. The girl was, after all, the only one in white to have deigned to speak with her so far. Instead, she deflected. Mother would be proud. The thought brought a new wave of loneliness even as the idea comforted her.

"I haven't started channelling. They say the Spark is imminent, but it hasn't manifested yet. It took me almost two weeks to ride here, and it was two days before that I learned that I was going to channel one way or another. I can't believe it's not here yet!" She grinned, sharing her lighthearted impatience. "I guess if you're showing new girls like me how things work, you've been here long enough to have learned some control?" Papa may have disliked his nobility, but Alisa was also her Mother's daughter, and had learned tact and diplomacy at the knee of an Aes Sedai.
Alisa

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » April 7th, 2017, 8:29 pm

Nas
Nas almost embraced saidar right there. She decided against to though. The halo of light would give her away. No, she would just end up getting a switching no matter how minor the weave. She wondered if there was a way to hide that.

She leaned in computationally instead. “Look, sis,” she said in a low voice, “I'll show you whatever tricks I know, later. Maybe after class or something.” With a wink, the older Novice sat back and continued eating her bacon. People actually thinking she was competent? Nasrin decided she likes this. She liked it a lot.
Spoiler: show
I apologize for the long wait followed by the extremely short post.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik