Studies [Attn; Damon]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Avyra *bloody* Moeryr - Accepted

Re: Studies [Attn; Damon]

Post by Avyra » March 18th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Avyra considered his words. Why were the first ranks so bloody insightful? She didn't deserve to be an Accepted, she realised. She wasn't an example. She was a failure who wanted all handed to her on a plate.

It felt sickening to her stomach.

"But don't take my word for it, like I said, I haven't had much of a chance to talk to Aes Sedai yet," he continued, as though his words hadn't affected her at all. Was he not aware he had just spit pure wisdom out onto the ground?

"Being here this long you must know a few secrets or two. Any good knocks or crannys a Soldier should keep in mind for a chance to get away from prying eyes?"

It didn't bother him that she... she wasn't a good Accepted. How could it not? How could he continue to want to talk with her, learn from her?

"I... well." She paused, thinking. "Anything in the Tower itself is kinda silly to attempt hiding. They'll know. I used to climb trees around the gardens to avoid eyes, actually," she continued, thankful for this subject change. "Until I got in serious trouble and had to write a letter to the gardeners. One is really nice. She's bakes the best pies. Strawberry, they're my favorite." She paused. "However, there's a nice little hidden place by the lake. Its kinda small though, not sure you'll like it. Besides, some have found me in it simply by walking by. I use it a lot."

Damon
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Damon » March 18th, 2017, 2:55 pm

Olin

Olin's eyebrows climbed when Avyra described having climbed trees and hiding in the branches and canopies of the Garden. As someone who had lived mostly on the rolling foothills and grasslands he had never had much experience with tree climbing. Plus he had to admit, that it was unlikely he would have much success. He wasnt as large as some of the Drin'far'ji he had seen walking around, but he doubted a tree would hold him much.

As she described the Grey Tower, and the relative lack of privacy or really true space from people, Olin had to admit that he was looking forward to the greater freedom afforded a Dedicated. "I'm not surprised to here that , to be honest it seems like half the teachers have eyes in the back of their heads. I just know sometimes the press of people can be a bit much, especially when I'm used to riding for a whole day by myself, or simply enjoying the solitude of the foothills near my home. Have you ever learned to Travel? I must admit it is one thing I cannot wait to try my hand at once I am Dedicated," Olin said with a grin. The idea that you could go anywhere in the world with time and practice was simply amazing to him.
"Every man is the hero of his own song," Tad Williams.

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Avyra *bloody* Moeryr - Accepted

Post by Avyra » March 22nd, 2017, 11:58 pm

Avyra stopped, then thought a moment. "Travel, me? No, I don't think I'd be much good at it. I suppose I would be, though, maybe. I don't know. I guess I could try one day." She shrugged. "It seems nice to have, but... I'm not sure if I'm strong enough for it to be effective."

She sighed. "I mostly want to perfect my illusion technique. Find out some new stuff, you know? And maybe alter my height for good. Maybe some other features, while I'm at it, but I think fixing my height will end the need to alter my face further." For course it wouldn't be a permanent fix, but it was something that could help until she found something permanent.

"In any case," she dismissed the conversation with a wave of her hand. "I'd rather not bother you with that. How is life as a Soldier, despite everyone nosing their way into your life?"

Damon
"The Shadow Rising"

Post by Damon » April 7th, 2017, 5:52 pm

Olin Olin had never really considered the illusion class when he had first heard about it, although Avyra did make it sound interesting when she spoke off handedly about changing her appearance, height and other things. Maybe it's a weave that can be tied off and maintained, although the strain of that would be immense thought Olin to himself as he pondered it.

"Oh I have been enjoying myself here at the Grey Tower immensely. I mean it's hard work and the chores eat time I would rather spend exploring Saidin or other avenues," said Olin with a pause as he considered the world he was just beginning to explore in his dreams.

"But the history and vastness of the knowledge that exists at the Grey Tower can be intimidating, even when someone wants to dive in. Plus Saidin is a struggle like nothing else in the world, the fire and ice in your bones, the storm of it. Although I can say holding it is a joy unmatched so far in my life," Olin finished with a smile and wonder in his voice.

With that Olin heard the chimes of the next class being called, the silvery tones carrying over the garden. Standing Olin offered his hand to Avyra in case she needed help rising from the bench.

"Sorry to dash off, but the Ashaman in charge of my next class is notorious for not accepting lateness, I am sure I will see you again. Unless of course you've mastered your weaves by then to look like a stranger," joked Olin with a warm smile.

(OOC: Just wrapping thread up to prune some as I work on RR.. but feel free to drop Olin a thread if another idea pops into your head.)
"Every man is the hero of his own song," Tad Williams.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik