To Wield The Power

When channelers need to channel and don't want to risk breaking the Tower into a million pieces, this is where they go.
Cal
"The Dragon Reborn"

To Wield The Power

Post by Cal » January 1st, 2017, 9:54 am

Layla walked briskly down the corridor towards the door which lead out into the channelling yards. She had been instructed to go to the channelling yards straight after breakfast in order to received a one to one lesson from an Aes Sedai. lessons were rare and she didn't know what this one was about. Usually her one to one talks with Aes Sedai end up with her getting more chores and a visit to the Mistress of Novices.

She also didn't know what she had been sent to the channelling yards rather than one of the small, private teaching rooms which were sometimes used for this sort of thing. But then again, she was dealing with Aes Sedai and who knew how they thought or why they did what they did. There would be a reason for this irregularity, she just didn't know it yet.

She strode out of the door and made her way over towards the channelling yards. She hadn't been told which Aes Sedai would be teaching her or even where exactly she would meet the Aes Sedai, all she knew was that she was to be a the yards straight after breakfast. So she waited on the edge of the yards, fidgeting slightly as she waited and watched for an Aes Sedai.

Heather
"The Dragon Reborn"
PC: Saowynn Ardashir, Green Ajah
SC: Lisari Ardashir, Novice

Re: To Wield The Power

Post by Heather » January 1st, 2017, 9:19 pm

Saowynn "Are you sure you want me to come with you, Saowynn?" Jahn looked annoyed, but she was learning that he always looked that way. The piece of him that she could feel, however, brimmed with doubt. He was uncomfortable to be back in the Grey Tower, even moreso than she, especially when it came to him channeling.

She gave him a reassuring squeeze of the arm. "Very sure. I find it important that students get the chance to work against both halves of the Power in practical, controlled environments. Otherwise, they're not being truly prepared." She didn't add that she was a little apprehensive about teaching again. Though she'd always enjoyed it, it had been awhile, as well, and she didn't want to overload her student with things that could be beyond her current skill level.

Her Warder acquiesced. "Okay, then let's get this over with."

"That's the spirit," she retorted, her sarcasm matching his enthusiasm level. They made their way down to the channeling yards and found the girl, Layla, waiting for them. When the Novice finished curtsying, Saowynn nodded to her. "Welcome. My name is Saowynn Ardashir, and I'm a sister of the Green Ajah." The latter felt a little superfluous - who else would be teaching a battle weave class - but unlike many in the Tower, Saowynn didn't often wear the color of her Ajah. Today she was in a dark purple dress, cut in Domani fashion, with only a simple grey cloak over the top. "This is my Warder, Jahn Salyavin, who will be helping demonstrate some things if we have time."

She gave the Novice an expectant look. "Before we begin, I need you to demonstrate that you can touch the One Power. Then make a simple weave from each of the five powers in the shape of a ball, like so." The Green opened herself to saidar and, above her upturned palm, made a small sphere, first from Air, and then with each of the remaining powers. "Also, let me know which of these you have the greatest and least strength with, as I can help tailor your lesson to you."
ImageImage

Cal
"The Dragon Reborn"

Post by Cal » January 2nd, 2017, 11:24 am

After Layla had made her curtsy and the Aes Sedai had done her introductions Layla listened for her instructions. They were simple. Embracing the source was easy and she was aware that the glow must surround her now as it did the other women. She felt the sweet rush of power and life full her and sighed slightly in contentment at holding it. It felt bloody good to hold it.

She had got good at that in her time her. Even the weaves was simple. Balls of the Power were one of the first things a Novice was talk to make with. First she crafted the ball of Air, then Fire, Water, Earth and finally Spirit. None of them required much of the Power to weave, they were too small for much to be needed. As for her strength in the various Powers, from what she could tell Fire was her strongest and then... Well she guessed the others were all equal for her.

"Fire is my strongest, after that they're all the same Aes Sedai." She said. She was careful to use the honorific. Often she forgot and got punished for it. This time she was determined to get though the lesson without getting a flaming punishment especially seeing as how this was actually a subject she wanted to be taught. She didn't want to give the Aes Sedai any reason to end this lesson quickly.

She realised that she was still holding the Power. She wasn't sure if she was meant to have let it go when she was finished her weave or if she was meant to hold on to it to use in further weaves. She held on but made sure not to be drawing any power, just holding it open.

Heather
"The Dragon Reborn"
PC: Saowynn Ardashir, Green Ajah
SC: Lisari Ardashir, Novice

Post by Heather » January 10th, 2017, 1:38 am

Saowynn With a practiced eye, Saowynn watched the Novice embrace the One Power and create the proscribed weaves. She nodded to herself, pleased to see the girl had good control. Any channeling required proper skill, but battle weaves more than most. Not that they would be beginning with anything dangerous - best to start with the basics first.

"Well done, Layla. Now," she moved to a more lecturing tone, "battle weaves are not necessarily what you might expect. The Green does know a number of offensive weaves, which are extremely useful when in the Blight or anywhere else you might be unfortunate enough to encounter Shadowspawn. However, as an oathsworn sister, Shadowspawn are the only thing I can use these weaves on without thought or consequence. Therefore, it's equally important to know defensive weaves, and in some situations, more important. So we will begin there."

Layla maintained her hold on saidar. Saowynn would never grow beyond average in strength, but her years of experience put her at an advantage over the Novice. With a deft touch, she wove a thread of pure Spirit, sharp as a blade and slammed it down on the girl's connection to the One Power. The glowing nimbus winked out from around her and the Green thought she saw surprise on her face. "During the Trolloc War, there were channelers that commanded the Dark One's army. These shadow sworn were known as Dreadlords. They were hunted down after the War ended, but there have always been rumors that they still exists. Whether they do or not, I cannot say." She spread her hands with a shrug, an implication that she didn't know. Of course, she was positive they did, but she had no proof. And even if she did, there was no need to frighten a Novice with tales of the Black Ajah.

"The easiest attack a channeler can make on another one is to shield them from the One Power. That is what I did here. It is much more difficult to do so if the other person already holds the Source, but not impossible. But that is for later. For now, I will teach you how block this attack. Please," she instructed, releasing her weave on the girl, "take hold of saidar again." Once she had, Saowynn began to construct a blocking weave. She watched the Novice watching her, and she took her time with its construction. It wasn't complicated, but she needed it to be strong. "Now, try to duplicate it. Once you feel you have it, let me know and I will try to cut you off again."
ImageImage

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik