Training Damages [Attn: Eve]

A place for the Learning Ranks to socialize and mingle.
Damien
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Danos
SC: Corben

Training Damages [Attn: Eve]

Post by Damien » April 22nd, 2016, 5:00 am

Danos al'Sheen
Danos once again found himself headed to the infirmary, although this time the arm he was cradling was his own fault. As he walked the paths towards the Infirmary he kept his arm wrapped in cloth to stem the bleeding. Several Novices blanched when they looked t him, and he shook his head as he imagined the sight he must be presenting.

Scars, bleeding from that channeler, a broken hand and now I flaming snap something in my arm on that obstacle course, Danos muttered in his head as he finally reached the Infirmary. When he saw a man at the desk and not an Accepted he breathed a sigh of relief. The Aes Sedai who had treated his injury had left no doubt that they did not think kindly on Warder trainees who needlessly injured themselves. Wouldnt do to have her see me back already.

"Greetings Dedicated, I find myself in need of aide," Danos said, his eyes spotting the man's silver sword pin immediately. Danos then followed the man towards a bed, where he awkwardly stripped off his jacket and fell into the void, allowing its increasingly familiar emptiness to take his pain and dull the edge of it. Breathing deeply he then took the cloth off to show the Dedicated the wound.
Last edited by Damien on April 25th, 2016, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wise men fear...the anger of a gentle man" -Rothfuss

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Zhenquan
SC: Caddoc Svan

Re: Training Damages [Attn: Eve]

Post by Eve » April 25th, 2016, 7:41 am

Caddoc watched as the young Ji moved towards him. Before he had reached him, cool green eyes had slipped up and down the other’s form and finally settled on the bleeding arm. He had stood before the Ji had a chance to even speak. Nodding, he gave a curt, “Follow me.” And moved away from the desk. Into the Infirmary he slipped. Not even attempting to find an Asha’man or Aes Sedai, he found the first available empty room and ushered the man into it with a silent gesture of his hand. Then he followed in, pulling the curtain closed behind him. When the Ji went to disrobe, he gave a small shake of his head, saying. “Let me do it. You’ll only hurt yourself more.” There was no bedside warmth or manners in the man’s voice. His expression was serious, cold even, and his mannerisms was all business.

By the time the other had gotten out of the jacket, Caddoc noticed the trainee had entered that almost emotionless state, and he approved. Good, because this was going to hurt. Lifting his hand, he looked this way and that, scanning the wound from as many angles as he could manage. “How did you do this to yourself?” he asked, cocking his head to look up at the other through his black lashes. “A training session, I would suppose?” He didn’t wait for an answer, but lowered his eyes to the other’s arm once more, laying it down carefully to avoid doing even more damage to the thing.
ImageImageImage Image

Damien
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Damien » April 25th, 2016, 8:50 pm

Danos
Danos was glad he was floating in the Void, the emotionless state making it a lot easier to ignore the pain of his arm as the Dedicated inspected it.

He was fast growing used to the lack of bedside manner many of the Dedicated in the Infirmary seemed to possess. As the other man examined his wound, Danos noticed the cool green eyes and stern countenance. Any irritation was swallowed by the whirlwind with which Danos surrounded his mind, the winds replacing the traditional flames but no less effective, although the occasional spear of pain continued to lance through.

“I was on the obstacle course Dedicated, I have been trying to improve upon my time in the course. As I was coming over a wall, there was a commotion and I allowed myself to become distracted. As a result, my hand wrapped into the rope in a tangle, and my arm snapped,” Danos related to the other man, his voice cold and distant from the Void.

Danos knew from experience that the healing would be intensive, and as he watched the other man examine him, he silently prayed to the Light that the setting of bone would be quick. “Please proceed as you can, I am unsure how long I can maintain the Ko’di, my use of it is vastly improved since my test, but I can feel the arm demanding more of my focus,” Danos said, the return of discomfort making him fidget as he tried to hold as still as possible.

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » April 28th, 2016, 6:43 am

Caddoc listened quietly as the Ji’alantin told him what he had done to injure himself so. Unlike others might have, he did not proceed to berate the man. Jeremiah had told him much of his own training, and Caddoc understood the logical importance of the Gaidin. A normal man did not grow hard without having to push himself to his limits. These boys and girls that joined needed training to grow the callouses and muscles that would later protect and Asha’man or Aes Sedai when Channeling was not an option.

And then the Ji opened his mouth.

Caddoc’s frown was barely there, his face hardly losing its emotionless coolness, but there was something in his eyes that hinted at his displeasure. He turned over the other’s arm, facing some of the wound upwards for his eyes and responded without a hint of hurry in his voice. “Do you wish me to rush your Healing, trainee?” He asked, not even bothering to look the man in the eyes. “Would you like a scar? Or how about pain that never fades fully? Even something as simple as aches during the rain could hinder you at the wrong moment. Do you wish me to rush this and possibly err in my work?” He finally lifted his eyes, the dancing in their green orbs strange and out of place in this scene. “I will move at the pace I find best. But do not worry. If I believe you are too weak to sit quietly, I have no problem rendering you unconscious for the duration of the Healing.” Returning to his study, he seized Saidin and wrestled it into his grasp. The tumultuous cacophony of life exploded around him as it filled him, and he added finally. “Once you are Healed, I suggest you run the course again…. You clearly do not know it, if you can hurt yourself this badly simply from a ‘commotion’.”
ImageImageImage Image

Damien
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Damien » April 28th, 2016, 10:11 pm

Danos
Danos resisted the urge to stand and find another healer when the one who was examining him began a tirade of condescension and complaints.

Danos was glad of the Void, the inky blackness he floated in allowed him to maintain a temper that would have been frayed by the pain of his injury.

"My apologies Dedicated, I of course did not mean to rush you. I merely was warning you that my control on the pain was slipping and did not want to move at a wrong time," Danos apologized, his voice cold and emotionless both from the Void and from maintaining his respect.

"I will confess I had no idea there were so many complications that could arise, and perhaps I should see what a Ji'alantin can learn of healing to understand it better," Danos said, rambling a little as he did his best to distract himself.

As he looked around, he could see many students in grey at the infirmary, and he idly wondered if the Warder wing of the Grey Tower didn't take it for granted. He knew no medicine could replace what the channelers could accomplish but he made a mental note to ask Master Darrow about it.

"You have my thanks for your aide," Danos finished, not allowing the man's final commotion comment to bait him further.

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » May 1st, 2016, 7:22 am

Caddoc gave a short nod when the other apologized, and ceased his small lecture. However, he did say, “If you truly believe you cannot hold still, inform me. I will bind you so that you make certain to hold still.” This did not seem to be a lecture or a threat, but instead it seemed as if the Dedicated believe this an appropriate response. When the other began to ramble, it seemed for a moment as if the Dedicated was not paying attention to him. Instead, he focused on the wound, a frown of study (not worry) a bare hint on his otherwise impassive face.

“Leaning is always a good path to take.” He said suddenly, though his voice was soft and almost distant as he worked. “You would not be the first trainee to be interested in it. Herbs can do many things, and some have even managed complex surgeries. They have their drawbacks, of course, and they leave scars…But it is not guaranteed, especially in your line of work, that a Healer will always be available to take care of you. If you truly are interested in such things, I suggest you seek out a teacher to instruct you in the ways of Herblore. If you have the mind for it, I believe it will not disappoint you.”

He lifted his head and looked up at the other. “You do not seemed to have done yourself irreparable damage.” He finally announced. “The Healing will not take long. Unlike with Saidar, you will feel warmth, not cold. But you will be hungry after. I shall instruct a Novice to bring you a meal before you are to return to your duties. The wound is not bad enough to warrant a day of rest, but if you do feel tired afterwards I will arrange for you to be able to take a short nap. What is your next lesson, so that I may send word to your instructor that you will either be late, or not arriving at all?” As he spoke, though the other would not know it, he seized Saidin to be ready for when he began to weave.
ImageImageImage Image

Damien
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Damien » May 2nd, 2016, 2:12 am

Danos
Danos was relieved to hear that there was no likelihood of permanent damage. When the Dedicated informed him he would most likely require only food and a little rest he wondered at how much the channelers in the Infirmary could accomplish.

"I have a history class next Dedicated, and I would appreciate it if you sent word to my instructor. I would hate to hold up the class in my absence."

Danos knew from experience that the other man would need to concentrate on his ability in order to heal his bones. As such he was glad when the other man described the various options that one could explore for basic aid of another injured person. Herbcraft sounded interesting, although he knew he would have almost no idea where to start.

Surgery was something he could scarce imagine. Although he trained to defeat other warriors, and had claimed that bears life he knew he could never willing cut into another to explore for illness.

Suppressing a shudder at the thoughts that image brought to mind, Danos was glad the Void allowed it to pass only on the surface,

"Thank you Dedicated, I think I will attempt to locate a herb class once my schedule allows. Did you explore those options as well?" Danos asked, the other man's silent nature making him feel an impulse
to fill the silence.

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » May 6th, 2016, 6:53 am

Caddoc gave a short nod. “History is often one that tests the ability to stay awake.” He said as he prepared the threads for Healing. “I’ll make certain your Instructor knows that you will not be attending today.” It was hard to tell, from the almost emotionless expression on the Dedicated’s face, if Caddoc was making a joke about History being boring…

Concentrating on the wound, he skillfully wove the five elements, wrapping them into the advanced Healing Weave he had found so easy. Each time he did so, he marveled at the fact that other’s found this difficult, even impossible. Not simply random Aes Sedai or Asha’man either, but there those of the Yellow that could not, and would not ever, be able to Heal with all threads like this. Each thread wrapped around the other into that tight and glistening braid with delicate accuracy. In his braid, Spirit was the most predominate, though he did not know if others were the same. Then he looped the entire Weave back onto itself until it touched, making a circle. It was this that he applied to the bone and blood that was the Ji’s arm. Carefully he touched the loop to all the injured areas, making sure to quickly and perfectly get each on.

“I have not yet, no.” he said as he worked, his voice (if possible) even more emotionless than it had been before. “But it is something I plan on seeking out, yes. There is always the chance that one might become separated from the Source.” The memory of the time he had been burned out came flooding back to him, and even the One Power and his emotionless nature did not stop the swift shudder that passed through his scared back. “It is information that I believe to be very important, and equally as useful. After all, even without catastrophe, there may sometimes be times that it is simply not wise to Chanel… It is best to cover all options, if one is able.”
ImageImageImage Image

Damien
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Damien » May 9th, 2016, 2:35 am

Danos
Danos paused in his reply, unsure whether the other man was joking or not. Shrugging slightly he returned the other man's sentiment. "Indeed. I enjoy the battles and those sorts of things enjoyable enough, but an endless litany of kings, queens and nobles houses make my eyes glaze over," he finished with a chuckle.

The other man grew even more stone voiced, and Danos could scarcely imagine that being true. But as his arm began to warm, and he felt the One Power washing over him, he realized it would be the other man using the Void also.

He was glad that the other man continued to keep the conversation going, and he was pleasantly surprised that the man's reasons for pursuing the class matched his own. He felt the other man's shudder through the Void and wondered at what could elicit a reaction from the incredible stoic Dedicated.

He knew that many of the channelers were touchy about many subjects, and so he decided to steer the conversation to something a little safer.

"Have you always been drawn to the Infirmary work Dedicated? Or is it something all must do, and those who excel remain to train further?" Danos asked in interest, he had often wondered about how the other sides of the Tower handled their training.

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » May 10th, 2016, 6:45 am

Caddoc’s eyes never lifted, never flitted from his work. They stayed heavy and focused on what he was doing. As he worked, warmth (but not actual heat) would slowly flood the area he was working on, traveling up and down the Ji’s arm. Blood and bone slowly knit itself back together beneath his Weave. Unlike other Channelers, Caddoc did not use his hands. Never once did he gesture or run his hands over the other’s skin. For an outsider, it simply seemed as if he was staring at Danos’s arm with an intense look in his emerald green gaze. Nevertheless, it was clear it was working. The itch of healing flesh announced this, even if the heat did not.

“When I was younger.” He said as he worked, “I had no desire to work in the Infirmaries. Not here, nor anywhere else. Healing those wounded was the last thing I would have considered. My talents laid…elsewhere. However, once entering the Tower it is your duty to go where you are told. We are assigned certain chores at lower levels, and one of those are, in fact, the Infirmary. By the time I got to that point, I had already realized that I had abilities in this regard that others lack. Once I actually began to train, it became very apparent that I have what others do not.” His eyes flickered over the wound, and now he did lift his hands, turning the man’s arm slowly to watch the skin beneath his view. Strangely enough, the taciturn Dedicated seemed to be willing to answer questions… he simply did not volunteer the information first. “The work is rewarding, and I am more skilled at it than others are. It would be ridiculous of me to attempt to go anywhere else. In other regards I am good, but here I excel… Even if I do spent most the day seeing to stupidities.” He lifted his gaze for a moment, and then dropped it back to his work, adding. “Though understand, I do not consider your injury such. It is true that you should focus on your concentration, but the obstacle courses can be dangerous if you makes a mistake. Such things happen.” He gave the smallest of sneers as he added. “And at least it is not another Novice in here for ‘womanly issues’.”
ImageImageImage Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik