Time Flies (Attn: Dreyric)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Zhenquan
SC: Caddoc Svan

Time Flies (Attn: Dreyric)

Post by Eve » October 8th, 2020, 5:40 am

It was two hours before High and Zhen was enjoying his new found free hour before he had to go on to his next class. Being a Ji had it's benefits, and this was one of them. Since his raising he had made it a habit to run to the kennels and collect Hammer and Fletch. Their training had gone wonderfully so far, and they were not controlled enough to walk beside him, outside of the kennel grounds, during his free times. Hammer was currently on his right, his large bulk slow and powerful as his muscles moved beneath his skin. Fletch was on his left, her motions lighter and freer, her head up and floppy ears perked as she trotted along next to him, keeping an eye on everything around them. It felt good to have them by his side again. Once he was fully raised, he wanted to move them out of the kennels and into his private quarters, but he knew that would be quite a long time. Still, he enjoyed having them with him each day now.

As was their habit, each day they walked a different part of the Tower. He wanted the hounds to get used to their surroundings and know the layout well. Today they returned to the Gardens. Fletch gave a soft bark announcing her happiness at this. Both of the dogs, and their handler, enjoyed the Gardens quite a bit. He released both dogs for a moment so they could go get a drink from a nearby pond and relieve themselves. Meanwhile, he leaned up against a tree and smiled, looking up at a bird that was singing out. Fletch saw it, too, and she barked once at it as she returned to him. "No," he said, making a fist near his chest. She was an excellent bird catcher...but he didn't want her hunting here.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"
PC: Dreyric Briouse

Re: Time Flies (Attn: Dreyric)

Post by -RJ- » October 9th, 2020, 5:23 am

He had a couple hours to practice his talent before he had to go to his next class. It was a beautiful day out, and he was in a good mood. He peered up at the sky, his silver sword pin flashing at his neck as his black coat blew slightly around him as he walked through the Gardens. He thought about what had happened over the past few months and that smile stayed on his face. Things were definitely looking up for him. It had taken a lot of hard work, but he'd managed it and he was going to keep at it.

He continued to let his thoughts circulate through his mind, when a sound broke into his thoughts. It sounded like a dog barking. He blinked at this and strolled towards the sound, now curious and a little bit hopeful. He crossed some area of the Gardens before he stopped and a large smile broke out over his face. "Zhenquin! Hello! Good morning!" He said, rushing forward to close the distance between them, soon hurriedly offering him one of his hands to shake.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » October 9th, 2020, 5:24 am

Zhen looked up when he heard that familiar voice calling his name. "Dreyric?" He called, breaking into a large smile. He stood from where he was leaning against the tree, "Hi!" He started forward, but was cut off by Hammer, who had moved in front of him. Fletch was a little to the side. They had met Dreyric before, of course, but they were better trained now. "Down." he said, and the hounds' tension instantly eased. Fletch's tongue lolled out and she panted happily as he passed the dogs by. They fell into quick step with him, Hammer on his right Fletch on his left, as he went to meet his friend.

"You have that sword thing you were talking about!" he pointed out, smiling brightly. "You got raised! Me too!" he said, gesturing down to his slightly nicer uniform, smiling as he drew attention to the difference of it's hemming. "Light, it feels like it's been forever since I've seen you last. It's been so blasted busy around here. How are you?" Fletch looked up at her and he smiled. Making a fist, he released it around chest height, her cue to be at ease. She barked happily and stepped forward, wanting pets from Dreyric.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » October 13th, 2020, 4:54 am

The sunlight picked up the splashes of red in the black garbed one's hair as he tilted his head slightly to one side, stepping closer to his friend. He felt as though he hadn't seen him in a very long time, and truthfully, it had been a while. Between classes and training, he really hadn't been able to find a lot of time for himself. He paused when Hammer came to insert himself inbetween he and Zhenquin, peering down at him. He let Zhen speak to him and then he stepped back upon his call. He marveled at how quick the response was.

He glanced down at his collar when it was pointed out that he had his pin, and then his smile seemed to grow even brighter with pride. "I do! I think I'm slowly becoming more proficient!" He said, and then looked over his outfit. "Was it difficult to be raised?" He asked, as he didn't know a whole lot about the discipline the other had chosen, about how things were done, anyway. "I know, it is just insane, I feel like I've been doing nothing but studying." He said, and added, "Oh, I'm doing well, I think. How have you been?" He asked, then turning his gaze to that happy bark, and he extended a hand, showing it to Fletch before attempting to pet her head.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » October 14th, 2020, 5:31 am

Fletch danced around, sniffing and licking his hand before looking up at him, happy with the pets. Zhenquan blew his breath out. "Difficult? Oof, I think my bones are still bruised." he said, rubbing his backside. "But I'm getting better, too!" he sat down in the grass, Hammer moving to lay down behind him like a great, dark chair. He nodded his head when the other said he felt like he was doing nothing but studying. "Oh, I know that feeling. I can't believe we have a whole free hour before lunch now!" he smiled at this, knowing the Channelers got this time off, too. "I've taken to picking up Hammer and Fletch and taking them on walks around the grounds. It gets them out and gets them used to the place, so they know it if they ever need to."

He looked at the other as he rested. "What about you? Was it hard for you to be raised? How about your block? Is that still bothering you?" He didn't know much about such things, but he had heard Dreyric complaining about it before, and he knew it was something that had made his Channeling difficult for him. He was still rather awe struck around the Channelers, especially the fully raised ones, but he knew Dreyric. He was a friend, and he felt he could be more relaxed with him.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » October 18th, 2020, 12:04 am

Dreyric looked so happy it appeared he was dancing around a little too, shifting back and forth on his feet as he scratched behind her ears if she continued to let him pet her like this. "I believe that, I've been taking sword lessons and I get sore after those, I can only imagine what your routine is probably like." He said, looking towards him then. When Zhen sat down in the grass, he glanced around as well and then also plopped down on the grass, smirking as he stretched his legs out, looking like the picture of leisure at the moment. "I know , I thought it was too good to be true when I first found out about it. It still hasn't completely sunk in." "That's good, and I bet they enjoy it, too." He added, looking at the dogs.

Dreyric's eyes widened a little at his question, looking as though he had just heard an understatement. "I'm not technically allowed to discuss it, but I'm just gonna say it's the biggest challenge I've ever faced." He said, looking serious for a moment. Then his eyes lit up again and he smiled as he was asked about his block. "No! I am now block free, I was able to work through it two and a half months ago when I was trying to help my friend that works in the gardens!" He said triumphantly.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » October 23rd, 2020, 4:56 am

Fletch waited until the other sat down...and then plopped down over his legs. "Fletch.." he said, and the dog panted happily. He looked to Dreyric too see if the man wanted the dog off of him. If he did, he gave the signal and she moved to beside him. If he didn't, he left her where she lay. "They really do." He said. "They like to get out. The Gardens are their favorite place, so I take them here once a week at least."

Zhenquan whistled through his teeth. "Mother's milk, I can only imagine. I've heard some of the drin and ji whisper about what Channelers have to go through. My roommate said that they make you channel all day and all night, without food, drink, or rest. He swears you have to do it naked." He grinned. "I think he's a bleeding liar." He brightened when the other said this and bounced a little in shared joy. "Really? That's great! I bet that's a load off of your shoulders!"
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » October 29th, 2020, 5:40 am

Dreyric's eyes shifted to the dog as she proceeded to place herself over his legs and lay down. He chuckled and reached down to her, attempting to pet the back of her head once more. He shook his head when Zhenquan looked at him, as if to say that he didn't mind. He hadn't seen her in a while, so this was fine with him. "Have they been anywhere else? I mean inside anywhere?" He wondered now.

Dreyric furrowed his brows for a moment and he pursed his lips. He couldn't say, yet this was the one that he considered really, his best friend, and he wanted to. Oh, it felt like he might explode with withheld information! He managed not to say anything though, even while looking as though he desired to, probably rather badly. He took a deep breath, and nodded at this, throwing his hands up in celebration. "It really was! I thought I might never break through!" He said, looking at his friend now.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » October 30th, 2020, 5:28 am

Zhen nodded his head. "Yea. We have been all over. As long as I don't keep them to long, we walk the halls so that they know the lay out, in case they are ever needed within. And I know that when I am fully raised, I am going to keep them with me." He smiled at this, thinking about it. Then he added with a smirk, "So I will have to find a Channeler that likes them. Because they are going to be around a lot." He reached out and stroked Hammer's dark fur as they dog sat near to him, watching all as if already used to guarding the Warder in Training with his life.

He watched as the other looked as if he would vibrate right off of his seat with the secrets that he kept. He laughed and held up a hand. "If you cannot tell me, do not." he said, giving the other a wink. "At least...not until we are both raised and free to do as we wish." He was smiling at the other's joy, the other male's smile infectious. "That is amazing!" he said, and he meant it. "I know how hard it was for you, and how badly you wanted it gone." He looked around and leaned back a little. "It is...slowly getting easier for me to be around those that Channel." Zhenquan had always seemed to be a bit star struck and cottoned mouth around most Channelers, but this was the first time he had ever said anything about it.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"

Post by -RJ- » October 30th, 2020, 5:31 am

Dreyric nodded at that. It might be good for them to know the layout, in case of an emergency some day. "Oh, I don't see how anyone wouldn't like these two. They are extremely likable." He said then, petting Fletch's head slowly as he spoke to Zhen. "Are they generally good with other people or does it depend on who they are?" He asked now, now itching behind the female dog's ears if she allowed it.

"I really cannot... but that does not mean the desire is not there. It makes me feel like I'm going to explode!" He shared, and laughed rather loudly. He nodded at this. "Yeah, I can't wait for that." He commented. Then he nodded when the other agreed that this was amazing. "I did, but it was so stubborn. It took a lot of emotional distress for it to happen." He told him, and then he nodded at what he told him next. "I imagine you've had to be around Channelers, so now it is getting easier for you?" He wondered now.
Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik