Time Flies (Attn: Dreyric)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Zhenquan
SC: Caddoc Svan

Re: Time Flies (Attn: Dreyric)

Post by Eve » November 29th, 2020, 6:57 am

"Actually, they've been taught not to engage unless given permission." he said, watching Fletch with a smile as she leaned into Dreyric's hand. "So there's not many people they interact with. Other than you and a couple of my friends, I don't really let them. They're attack and guard dogs, so 'friendly' isn't something they should be unless I tell them that they can. But they're not mean to anyone unless I give the order, either. They stay on either side of me, about a step back, to watch and protect."

He frowned in concern when the other said that he had been through a lot of emotional distress. "I'm sorry it had to be so hard on you to fix." he said, giving a sigh as he reached out to stroke Hammer's head. The dog was slowly looking around, having lain down next to Zhen, but was still keeping an eye out. Then he nodded. "Yea, before it was..." He shrugged. "It was kind of like being surrounded by Nobility all of the time. I am still not quite used to it."
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"
PC: Dreyric Briouse

Post by -RJ- » November 29th, 2020, 7:00 am

Dreyric nodded at this, looking down at Fletch and appearing to be charmed when she leaned into his hand so nicely. He then looked back up at Zhen when he told him that. "Oh yeah, I should have known that! Their training would dictate they they don't react unless you tell them to. I'm learning slowly." He said with a smile, leaning back a little now, looking over at Hammer as well.

He then looked a little more serious for a moment, and shrugged a little. "Me too, but thinking back on it, I think it had to be something intense like that, or it wouldn't have broken through for me like it did. I was so happy to have saved her garden. She brings me crops every morning from it now, and the kitchen has been good enough to make them for me. I'll have to let you try some of them." He said, and then he said in response to what he said next, "But now at least it isn't so.. strange, right?" He asked, sounding happy about that.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » November 29th, 2020, 7:05 am

Zhen nodded and gave a shrug. "That is alright. It's not like you are training them. I am just glad they have started to get the posture down right. In the beginning Novices were constantly wanting to pet them. It would be a nice way to get some action...if I was interested in that." At the moment he was rather focused on his studies, though it was hard for him to believe that. "But I hated having to tell them they could not."

He smiled. "I would love to!" he said, as one of the things he loved the most was food. That was one of the only things he missed about home. Having worked in a market with his father, he was always close to food stalls and their fresh crops. Oh, his mother has made the best roasted vegetables... He snorted at himself. "Usually." he said. "And for the most part I have stopped staring at them like some light blinded sheep herder." he grinned at this.
ImageImageImage Image

-RJ-
"The Great Hunt"
PC: Dreyric Briouse

Post by -RJ- » December 2nd, 2020, 6:27 am

Dreyric nodded at that. He had a point, but he found himself liking to learn about them as well. He tilted his head to the side and chuckled rather deeply at his next comment. "You mean you're not?" He asked, waggling his eyebrows at him playfully for a moment, feeling comfortable enough with him to discuss a subject like that, at least to this degree. "I understand it though, this place doesn't leave a whole lot of time for dalliances, not if you want to keep ahead in your studies." He said with a long suffering seeming theatrical sigh.

"Good! We'll have to meet for lunch this week whenever it works for both of our schedules and you can try some then." He said, looking pleased that his friend expressed interest in trying those crops. "Well, that's a step in the right direction." He said with a knowing look and a nod. Then he groaned and stretched his arms up over his head, peering up at the sky as he thought about what he needed to do today.
Image Image

Eve
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Eve » December 2nd, 2020, 6:30 am

Zhen blushed, but grinned. "No..." he said, shifting as he chuckled. "Not...um...not really trying to pick up women." He looked down at Hammer then, stroking the other's fur and waggling his ears a bit, his cheeks pink as he smiled at his fingers. Then he nodded. "No, no it doesn't." he said, shaking his head. "But that's ok... We have so much to do anyway, and we're only half raised. There's so much left!" he sounded almost excited at that prospect.

He looked up then, beaming. "Good!" he echoed, nodding his head. "The kitchen here is good, but...it sounds like a treat, and I can't wait to try it." He thought for a moment. "Since we're both middle rank, I think we have our lunch and free hour together so...we at least get to spend more time hanging out." That was nice. They had seen so little of each other until today.
ImageImageImage Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik