Opening A Flower [attn: Open for Accepted or Aes Sedai]

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Opening A Flower [attn: Open for Accepted or Aes Sedai]

Post by Lou » September 30th, 2019, 11:15 am

The sun was just starting to set as Tala sat alone in the gardens, surrounded by a thick growth of dark red roses. It had fast become one of her favourite places to visit in the large Tower grounds, as she found she loved to watch the progression of the plants and flowers here. Being born to the Tuatha’an meant she had never been allowed to stay in one place for long, as the Madhi had constantly kept them moving, in search of the Song. The Song, I wonder if we shall ever find it in time, before the Final Battle? She had always supported her people’s search for the Song, knowing it would have great importance in the final days, though she wondered why her people had never contacted the Aes Sedai.

I have seen the Library in this White Tower, and the knowledge they have here cannot be rivalled by anyone else in the land, surely?

She found that as they were kept moving so often, either driven out by those in the area who did not understand them, or just by their need to find the Song, she never had the chance to see the progression of any plant or flower. But here, in this place of legends and history, she had had the chance to watch as the blood red roses, with petals that look like velvet in the low light, to bud, then slowly flower, opening their petals for the world to see and smell.

She also liked the small place in with the roses as usually there was no one to find her. She could hide; spend her limited free time, which usually was about twenty minutes a day, hidden, safe and alone. She was not a lonely person, but she found since coming here she needed that small amount of time a day to reflect on her newest lesson or think on her newest friend made, things like that. Just some time to let my thoughts catch up on themselves.

It was one of the reasons she had come here this evening. She had wanted to try something, and she knew if she was caught, she would be in big trouble for it. They have told me not to try and touch the One Power except in the presence of an Aes Sedai or an Accepted. It’s not like it can be that dangerous, I just need to practise touching it, I want to feel the sweet joy once more.

Sitting crossed legged on the grass, she closed her eyes, and tried to empty her mind as she slowly breathed in and out. She focused her mind on her tension, her worries, her upsets, and pushed them from her body as she pushed the used air from her lungs. She continued like this for some time, until she felt fully relaxed and ready to try and move onto the next step.

She imagined her garden, the one in her mind, the one she had gotten used to seeing. She knew the sky would be a light blue as the sun was about to come upon the horizon, and the light and warmth touch her flower. She saw her rose, a small bud still, waiting for the suns warmth, though she knew it to be the warmth of Saidar, to touch her and let her open her petals. Not long now….almost there!
As the suns light hit the pale and fragile petals, she let them open and felt the warmth, the sweet joy fills her, the newly recognised sensation of Saidar in her mind and body. She smiled, her eyes still closed as she sat there, basking in the sweet and wonderful feeling.

So absorbed she did not hear anyone approach her, and when she finally heard the rustling of the rose bush, she knew it was far too late.

-----

OOC – I am looking for an Accepted or an Aes Sedai to come along and catch her in the act. She will need to be scolded and send to the Mistress of the Novices for punishment. I have an idea for her punishment thread (a penance rp) so it’s the getting caught I need help with.
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Opening A Flower [attn: Open for Accepted or Aes Sedai]

Post by Alianora » October 2nd, 2019, 11:36 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran strolled down one of the many paths in the Tower's garden, intent upon reaching her destination. It was rare that she had much of a break between the classes she taught, but today, one of her Accepted had asked to reschedule, giving the Aes Sedai just enough time for a brief escape to the lake. She was quite looking forward to sitting by the water and just relaxing for the time she had available, but before she got anywhere near it, she was distracted by the sense of another woman channeling nearby.

This was the Grey Tower, so that in itself wasn't anything unusual, but the path she'd chosen was rather isolated, and Liaran hadn't seen anyone else pass by. She paused to look around her, but saw nothing but grass and the large rosebushes that grew in this section of the garden. That suggested to Liaran that whoever was channeling here, hidden away, might not be an Accepted or Aes Sedai with a legitimate reason for it. She frowned, reluctantly following what she sensed and allowing it to lead her away from the peace of the lake.

The feeling led her down one of the paths and deeper into the rosebushes until she stopped before a few that were particularly tall. They were arranged in such a way as to allow someone to sit between them. Whoever it was might think to hide there, but Liaran could see the glow of saidar, and could barely glimpse flashes of white between green leaves.

She shook her head, already sure of what she would find even as she pushed past the bushes to look in. Dark eyes narrowed when she saw just what she'd expected. A black haired girl in the white of a novice sat there with her eyes closed, breaking one of the most important rules in the Tower.

Light, do none of these girls listen to anything we tell them?

She'd told her own students over and over again how dangerous it was for a new channeler to try to touch the One Power without supervision, and it never ceased to amaze her that some of the girls were still reckless enough to try it anyways. To see the child in front of her, risking her life and worse without a care for herself, was one of the few things that made Liaran truly angry.

With a scowl, Liaran pulled the blue fabric of her trousers from where it had caught on a thorn. Her eyes flashed as she snapped two words at the novice.

"Let. Go."

As she spoke, Liaran had reached for saidar herself, weaving countless threads of Spirit into a shield. She would not give another warning. If the child did not comply immediately, she would quickly find herself shielded. Either way, Liaran was resigned to delivering a thorough lecture on the danger of what the novice had just done, since she clearly had not listened to those given during classes.

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Oh no!

Post by Lou » October 3rd, 2019, 10:08 am

Tala was basking in the warmth of the glow of saidar as it filled her body to the point of almost pain. She had never known a sensation like it, that cross between pleasure so strong that it could hurt. She was smiling, her eyes were closed, and her cheeks flushed. Her body both felt tense and relaxed, her breathing was fast, though not fast enough that would make her pass out. She was in love with this feeling, and if she had her way she would want to be holding [i[saidar[/i] all day every day. But she couldn't, hence why she was hiding here and now. Making the most of this extra moment, touching the power and letting it flow through her. I can not wait to be an Aes Sedai and feel this way whenever I wish to.

Just then she heard the bushes rustling, the leaves rubbing against something, and then a stern voice told her to let go.

The shock of the voice was enough to make her lose her concentration, and the sweet feeling of the female half of the One Power was was and instead she was filled with fear. She had opened her eyes as the voice had whipped out, and before her she saw the imposing figure of Liaran Sedai. She looked up at the woman, her green eyes wide and her lips parted in surprise, before she realised she was sitting there and she scrambled to her feet. She could see the glow of saidar around the other woman, and she feared what was about to happen. Would she use the One Power on me? As a punishment? Tala truly had no idea, but once she was standing, she made sure to bob a deep curtsy, he eyes looking downward.

She opened her mouth to say something, but she instead stayed silent, and her mouth closed with a click of her teeth. Now is not the time to say anything, she reminded herself as she waited for what was about to come. It made her remember when she had been a child, and her Father had caught her climbing trees in her best dress. She had seen his face, the disappointment there as he took in her appearance before an important clan dinner. It had made her feel shame, the way he shook his head and all. She felt that now, that shame, though if it was shame for what she had done or shame for being caught. There was a fine line there.
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 7th, 2019, 1:20 am

Liaran Sedai
Liaran did not really want to have to force a shield on the novice, and was secretly relieved when the girl obeyed her command at once. When she stood, Liaran moved closer to her and raised her head to look into the green eyes. She had assumed the Aes Sedai appearance of calm, though she was still angry with the novice for taking such a risk. She said nothing immediately, still holding the shield against the possibility that the novice might try something else equally as foolish as what she'd just done. The silence hovered in the air between them until Liaran let go of the One Power and spoke, having never once taken her eyes off the girl.

She spoke in low tones that would likely force the child to listen carefully, her voice practically cold enough to freeze the nearby roses. "What were you thinking, child?" the Aes Sedai asked. There was no possible justification for what she had just done, but Liaran would allow the novice to at least attempt to explain herself, even if she would inevitably fail.

Her voice dropped again, barely above a whisper. "Do you have any idea how dangerous that was?" She should have known, would have heard it in every one of her channeling classes, but somehow, that had not been enough. It would fall to Liaran to go over it again, and when she did, the Aes Sedai meant to do her best to scare some caution into the girl. She would not enjoy that, as it would probably leave the child terrified of her, but that would be far better than the alternative. Without looking away, Liaran clasped her hands in front of her and waited. If the girl had the least bit of sense in her, she would not keep the Aes Sedai waiting long.

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Excuses? Er...

Post by Lou » October 8th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Talaitha stood before the Aes Sedai, though she could not look up and meet the woman's eyes. She hated to disappoint anyone, and to know that she had been caught touching saidar alone was one of the worst punishments. She did not think that being caught with one of the male Drin in her bedrooms would be as bad. But some girls in her class were just so slow, and it meant she did not get as much time touching the One Power as she would like. And she hated that she felt annoyed by them, but nothing in her life, since she had been left behind by her family had felt as good as saidar did. But she knew it was not an adequate reason, and she had no idea what she was going to say to the woman before her, especially as she was sure the woman wanted to string her up by her ears and tan her hide.

When the woman spoke again, Tala could hear the frost in her words, a feeling that any moment now snow would start to fall from the blue sky. And with the fact the woman was one of the Sea Folk only added to the impression of her controlling the weather. At least in her mind anyway. "I am sorry, Aes Sedai, I dont think I was thinking." She knew better than to give any excuses to the woman, after all they did not liked excuses. She had seen that with some of the other girls. But in this moment, she had no idea what to say or how to say it, except with humility.

When the woman spoke once more, her words were just above a whisper, and Tala chewed her lower lip hard, until she tasted blood on the inside of her mouth, a coppery tang filled her mouth for a moment before she swallowed it away. The question was an easy one, but truly, did she know how dangerous it was? She was only touching the source, not trying to weave anything in that time. "It has been explained how dangerous to do such a thing is, Liaran Sedai." She answered, her hands gripped at her front. "I just--" she paused, and pressed her hands together hard. "I could not wait until my next class." The truth was there, and there was no other excuse for what she had been doing.
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 12th, 2019, 1:36 am

Liaran Sedai
Liaran let her hands fall to her sides. "You could not wait," she repeated with a shake of her head. She fixed her eyes back on the novice's. "Child, if you wish to be Aes Sedai you must learn to be more patient. Channeling the One Power demands it. If you will not learn, well, you say you've been told of the danger, but I don't think you truly understand it. If you did, you would never have been reckless enough to try channeling unsupervised."

Dark eyes watched the girl closely, hardly even blinking. "One thoughtless mistake, and saidar could be lost to you forever. Push yourself too hard, too fast, and you might just find yourself drowning in the endless ocean that is saidar. It will overcome you, and when it drains out of you, you'll find yourself left without any ability to touch it again, unable even to sense it. If you are fortunate, the shock will kill you right then."

Liaran paused to make sure the words sunk in, taking a deep breath. When she thought she'd properly impressed that fear upon the novice, she moved on. Still quiet and somber, she explained, "If you're not so lucky, you will live the rest of your life with the ability to channel lost to you and no hope of any Healing. If this were to happen to you, it is most likely that you wouldn't live more than a few years. It is thought that the only way to manage is to find something else that can serve as a sort of replacement, but even if you did, you would still live as a hollow shell of yourself, forever regretting what was lost."

She expected that the child was almost certainly scared into future compliance by now. She let a long moment of silence pass, giving the novice time to think about what could have happened to her. When Liaran spoke again, her voice had softened slightly to the cold of lightly falling snow instead of the earlier sharp ice.

"And child, if you ever do feel a need to practice, and I mean specific weaves only, there is almost always an Accepted in the Channeling Yards who can supervise. If there is not, and if I am free, you may also ask me to watch you, if you have a goal in mind." After the lecture she'd given, Liaran doubted the child would want anything to do with her, but the teacher in her had to make the offer.

With that said, she turned away from the novice, raising a hand and pushing aside the tall rosebushes. "You'll have to report to the Mistress of Novices, of course," she said, "and I'll walk there with you."

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » October 14th, 2019, 11:33 am

Tala knew that she could not give a better answer than the one she had given. She would not lie, and she was not quick enough to give some rubbish answer. She was not a Gleeman, she was only good at telling children stories, and anyway, with the way that the Aes Sedai was looking at her, it made her think that the Aes Sedai could read her mind. "I am sorry, Liaran Sedai," she mumbled, her fingers laced together, and clutching at themselves so hard that her knuckles were white. Being told she needed patience made her nod her head, she had never been patient, always wanting the answers then and there, needing them, and while she did not want to be irresponsible, she always found herself doing that. "Yes, Aes Sedai. I will try and be more patient."

She felt like she was being weighed and measured by those large dark eyes, and she nibbled her lower lip before making herself stop. One of the Accepted had told her not to do things that gave away how nervous or anxious you were, as others may try to exploit it. Not that she was worried that the Aes Sedai before her would, but she was trying to stop herself from doing such things. And as the woman before her continued to speak about what could happen if she burned herself out, if she lost the ability of touching saidar which made her shiver all over. To imagine such a thing, being alive and empty without the power. She had only just started to touch it, and yet it felt that something inside of her was complete, she was finally whole. But could she live expelled from the Tower, unable to touch saidar again, and living out a lonely existence as she tried to fill a void inside of her. The images that the woman before were was planting in her mind made a cold dread settle in her stomach.

When Liaran's voice softened a little, as she offered her own services to be there when she touched saidar. and also pointed out the Accepted that were around, Tala nodded her head, a small smile on her lips as she did. "Thank you, Aes Sedai, I shall remember that." She told her, and then curtsied a little, though her hands were still pressed to her waist.

She started to feel a little hopeful, that maybe this was not going to be as bad as it could be, but then the Aes Sedai mentioned taking her to the Mistress of Novices, walking her to the office. Tala sighed silently, seeming to deflate a little and nodded her head. "Yes, Liaran Sedai." She told her, as they began to walk through the gardens towards where the office would be found.

"Aes Sedai, may I ask you a question?" She waited for a reply, before she said "Did you ever do anything like this? Were you ever impatient as a Novice?"
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 15th, 2019, 10:31 pm

Liaran Sedai
The Aes Sedai led the way out of the rosebushes and through the gardens, keeping a watchful eye on the novice. She didn't really think this girl would try to get away and escape her punishment, but one could never tell. She said nothing to the girl, having finished with the necessary scolding, and it was a surprise to Liaran when the novice dared address her. There were few that would, especially after such a lecture as this one had so recently received. She turned her head to look at the child with the emotionless expression all Aes Sedai were known for.

"You may," Liaran told her, "but you should know that not all Aes Sedai respond well to being questioned by a novice." The words were calm, without any hint of anger, as Liaran was not one of those who would take offense to a novice asking a simple question. So she allowed the girl to ask what she would, but the Aes Sedai didn't respond immediately.

Instead, she considered her answer carefully, thinking back to her own novicehood and the mistakes she'd made. She had been far from being the perfect novice; there were few Aes Sedai who could make that claim, and in Liaran's opinion, those women were likely not being honest with themselves. That dishonesty was not something Liaran felt inclined to attempt, not even with a novice, but neither would she tell the girl much about her own behavior. Really, there had been times when she'd been absolutely terrible, and none of the novices needed to hear about those.

When she finally spoke, a spark of warmth had entered her voice, and she addressed the girl as she might have were she one of Liaran's students, working with her during a class. "Patience was not difficult for me," she said, "and I never tried to touch saidar outside of class, but that does not mean I never made any mistakes, everyone does." She was not nearly foolish enough to provide the novice with the details of what those might have been. "What is important is that you learn from them, that you understand the wrong in what you've done, and that you never try it again." The girl seemed repentant, giving Liaran hope that she would indeed learn. And if she would not, there was nothing like a dose of the slipper to encourage her to remember the lesson.

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » October 17th, 2019, 8:10 am

Tala knew that she was pushing her luck, like skating on very thin new ice on a deep pond. But really, she was about to be punished for touching saidar without permission or observation, so what would be a little extra punishment for asking an Aes Sedai a question. She knew there was a general rule, not to ask Aes Sedai questions or really speak without being spoken to first, but she was curious, not that she was expecting her to tell her everything. Or anything. She could just refuse to answer her, and then she would not have to lie, as they could not lie anyway.

The look on Liaran's face made her think she was going to simply add to her punishment with the Mistress of Novices, but she did give permission for her to ask. Tala nodded her head to her, "Thank you Aes Sedai, I know." She told her, before asking her question, and noticing that there was no hint of anger to her face. She felt a moment of tension release in her shoulders, but she was still tense with what was about to come.

The woman's voice held no hint of the ice that it had before, but a little warmth that made her feel a little less scared having done something so dumb in asking the older woman a question. She looked up at Liaran as she spoke, and she smiled a little and nodded her head to show she was listening. "Thank you, Aes Sedai, to answering me." She paused, "And for giving me such advice." She gave her another small smile, before looking down at the floor as they continued to walk. She hated what was about to happen, but she would not blame Liaran for taking her. It was her own fault.
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 20th, 2019, 6:52 pm

Liaran Sedai
They had reached the entrance to the Tower while she was talking, and Liaran had opened the door for them both, closing it behind them without a pause. The Aes Sedai led the way through the halls, taking the quickest path she knew. She saw no reason to delay, though she suspected the child beside her would not agree. While she did listen to the girl's words of thanks, Liaran made no response. It wouldn't do to walk the halls engaging in idle chatter with any novice, especially not one she was escorting to the Mistress of Novices.

It wasn't much longer before the two of them stood before the door to the Mistress of Novices' study. She knocked and when the door opened, told the novice, "Wait outside. You'll be summoned when she's ready for you." Liaran disappeared inside, explaining how she'd caught the girl channeling alone in the gardens. When she was finished, she opened the door, holding it open as she stepped into the hallway to fix the novice with an expectant look. Once the child entered, she would no longer be any concern of Liaran's, allowing the Aes Sedai to rush off to the next class in her busy schedule.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik