Snow Day (open)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Snow Day (open)

Post by Alianora » October 13th, 2019, 1:19 am

Kalyan
Kalyan threw back his head as he laughed. Snowflakes swirling through the air melted as they landed on his face, making him quickly return his focus to Peyton. He smiled at her as he said, "I suppose we'd better, if we ever want to get out into the city. I'm not much for shopping, but I'd still love to see it." He wiped his face with one of his sleeves before continuing. "My da and I used to travel to the market in Caemlyn, and I'd look forward to it for days. There was always something new to see there, and with the Grey Tower here, I can't imagine Hama Valon would be much different, even if it is a little smaller."

Perhaps I should think about that the next time I have to face those books on my desk, Kalyan thought to himself. The thought of a trip into the city just might be a good source of motivation to do the work, if he could only remember it when the time came. He brushed some of the snowflakes from his clothing as they landed. The tiny white specks against the black fabric didn't bother Kalyan much, but he didn't want to be scolded if they melted and left him with too many wet spots when he went back inside.

Looking back towards Peyton, his thoughts wandered to something else the novice had mentioned, something Kalyan had thought near impossible. "Did you say earlier that you'd met an Ogier?" he asked, wondering if he'd heard correctly. He believed they were real, or at least had been once, but the idea that a human like himself had not only seen one, but met one, sounded to Kalyan like a tale right out of one of his favorite books. Brown eyes sparkled with curiosity as he looked expectantly at the novice. "How did that happen? What are they like?"

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » October 16th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Peyton flushed when she realized that saying she'd met on had perhaps been an overstatement. Still, she supposed she had introduced herself to the Ogier, and had fetched refreshment after he had performed his work.

"I was on chores with an Accepted my second week here. We got summoned by an Aes Sedai who let us know that we would be at the disposal of a mason who had come to make repairs. Of course I was a little disappointed at first, a day spent fetching tools didn't sound like much fun. But when we arrived on the grounds, I couldn't believe my eyes. There he was, his huge hands feeling along the tiniest detail in the stone, and he never said much. A courteous hello and goodbye at the end, but mostly he just hummed to himself. Still, it was like a gleeman's tale; and I could hardly avoid tripping everytime I caught myself wondering at just how big he was. He did say his Stedding was close by, or at least I think that's what he meant. He offered tea if I ever found myself there, but to be cut off from the Source," Peyton finished with a shiver.

She had poked around a little to see what books she could find on Ogier. And the one she had found had mentioned the Steddings and their curious effects. "I guess it makes sense though, the Grey Tower is full of Seafolk, Domani, Aiel and even a few runaway Seanchan, why not add an Ogier to the stew. Although I know if I had met him in my old village, it would have been such a fright, and the women would gossip about it for years," she finished as she imagined how much gossip her own headlong flight had likely caused.

Looking at the snow, and realizing it was likely not going to stop anytime soon, Peyton sighed. Gently touching his arm, she motioned to the sun as it hung lower over the wall. "It's been a pleasure meeting you Kalyan, and I will definitely keep an eye out for your rogue snowballs the next time. But I suppose we should be making our way back to the Dorms."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » October 22nd, 2019, 10:11 pm

Kalyan
The snow was coming down faster now, but Kalyan barely gave it any notice. His attention was all on Peyton, not wanting to miss a word as she spoke of the Ogier she'd met. He listened carefully, even while he began to shiver from the cold. The Soldier shifted from foot to foot in the snow, trying to stay warm, and jumped when Peyton touched him. Not wanting to stare at her while she spoke, Kalyan had been gazing at the nearby trees, and the hand on his arm had taken him by surprise.

He blinked, looking towards the novice and then to the darkening sky, thinking about her suggestion that they head back inside. Kalyan shook his head and sighed, already dreading the books that waited on his desk. He did not want to return to them, but staying out in the snow, getting colder and wetter, held almost as little appeal.

"I guess you're right," Kalyan said reluctantly. "I do need to get that essay of mine written, or I'll be seeing the Master of Soldiers tomorrow." That would be far worse than spending the evening at his desk. He watched the snow fall for a moment or two, then turned back to Peyton with a smile. At least this afternoon has been quite enjoyable, if the evening won't be.

"It's been nice meeting you as well, Peyton. Maybe I'll see you in the hallways sometime," Kalyan told her. Then he slowly turned away and began the walk that would take him to his room, dragging his feet through the snow.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik