Reflection (open)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Reflection (open)

Post by Alianora » May 4th, 2018, 12:33 am

Liaran
"It isn't that simple," Liaran snapped, with no desire to explain why. She wished she'd never mentioned the idea. Just thinking of the city that haunted her nightmares made her skin crawl, and Liaran shivered. She could almost feel the bite of the whip as it struck, and her eyes closed briefly as she tried to forget it. Those memories were far more clear to her than those she had from the war, of the White Tower falling, no longer a threat to her or to anyone else. She took one deep breath, then another, not wanting Nate to notice how afraid she'd become.

She opened her eyes and looked back towards the water again, reluctantly contemplating what Nate had said. Most of it had just been him trying to push her into going with no concept of how hard it would be for her. The one thing he'd said that had caught her attention had been the suggestion that it might be good for her. It was something that had occurred to Liaran herself before, and part of the reason she was considering going. She continued to breathe deeply while she thought about it, doing the best she could to ignore her fear. It irritated her that she could still feel so scared, and she hated that she couldn't make it stop. Maybe if I go to Tar Valon, see that city once more, I'll be less afraid of it, she thought. It was possible, but Liaran wasn't sure it was likely. She wished she could know whether a trip there would be beneficial, or whether it would just make her fears worse. The Aes Sedai frowned, no closer to knowing what to do than she had been before this conversation.

"I'll think about it," she said after spending more time debating the subject within her own mind. Liaran didn't bother to look at Nate while she spoke. "I'll make my own decision when I'm ready." She lifted her head, sitting up straight. Nate might not approve of that answer, but Liaran did not care.

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Murdock Mather, Keeper of the Archives
SC: Nathaniel Carridus, Asha'man (Blue)
TC: Maever Donovan, Asha'man (Yellow)

Re: Reflection (open)

Post by Matty » May 5th, 2018, 6:37 am

Nate Nate wasn't really ruffled by being snapped at - he expected a certain amount of bite from Liaran and he was too affable to be truly riled up so easily - but he did find himself a bit frustrated at her defensive wall. Things were hard, he didn't know what it was like, it's never that simple, all these things came from a place of fear. Nate was afraid sometimes, but he pushed on through, and if he did it then so could everyone else. That was how he saw it, and sulking wasn't going to get one anywhere no matter the issue.

"Seems simple enough to me," Nate said, "but you're the only one who can make that choice. I just don't want you to be in the same position in ten years, kicking water and wishing you had done something to move past your fear." There were two emotional responses that everything derived from in his mind, and these were love and fear. Whatever Liaran's issues were, it was fear holding her back.

He pulled his feet from the water and dried them off by unbuttoning his coat and drying with the inside of it. He shoved his boots back on, rolled his trousers down, and got to his feet. What else could he really say to Liaran? She said she's think about a trip to Tar Valon and that was as good as it was going to get. She wasn't going to get out of her rut through inaction, but pushing her down a hill wasn't going to help either.

That didn't stop the man from planning. "Have a good day Liaran and I hope to see you at Tar Valon soon." He dipped his head to her and left with his usual stompy walk, heading immediately in the direction of the Blue Ajah quarters. The Head of the Ajah would be most pleased when two channellers expressed an interest in going to Tar Valon.
------ Murdock -------------- Nathaniel --------------- Maever -------

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik