New Blooms, New Faces (Attn: Bella)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Lugh
MoNSTer

New Blooms, New Faces (Attn: Bella)

Post by Lugh » January 29th, 2018, 9:47 pm

Beron Faim

“My home is waiting there for me,
and the girl I left behind.
Of all the treasure that waits for me,
that’s what I want to find.”

Beron sang to himself as he walked the pathways of the Gardens, a part of the Grey Tower he had longed to see since he had arrived a few short weeks ago. The routine of the Tower; his own demands to meet the unspoken challenge presented by the excellence he saw around him constantly, and a genuine desire to explore the grounds had taken up much of his time.

Still as he hummed the words; nodding his head to the giggling novices that passed by, he had to admit it was worth the wait. Floral and trees from around the world grew here, tended by talented men and women. For someone who had grown in the bitter cold of the Borderlands, the variety of blooms was astonishing.

Looking ahead he saw that someone had created an outcropping, it’s shade providing a home for ferns. With a few quick handholds, Beron was seated on top of the rock. Taking out his simple flute, he continued the jaunty tune he had learned on long marches.

“Her eyes so merry, and her smile so sweet,
her hugs so warm, and her ankle neat,
her kisses hot, now there’s a treat.
If there’s a treasure greater, it lies not in my mind.

Oh, I have seen stark Tarwin’s Gap,
and the Trollocs’ raving horde.
I have stood ‘fore the Halfman’s charge,
and walked on death’s cold borde.
But a winsome lass, she waits for me,
for a dance, and a kiss ‘neath the apple tree.”

OOC: Beron plays well, sings passably but with joy.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: New Blooms, New Faces (Attn: Bella)

Post by Bella » January 31st, 2018, 10:15 pm

Isla Arkema still struggled, not just on a daily basis but an hourly one as well, to believe what she now wore.

Around her ankles swished the banded stripes of an Accepted, and she wore the ring upon her finger. The serpent ring. One of those things labeled as not just vile, but evil by her father and all those she had ever known around her for the first sixteen years of her life. And yet now, a few scant years later, she wore it. And she was not ashamed.

The life of an Accepted afforded her more freedoms, which she definitely enjoyed. When the weather was fine, she spent much of newly given time here in the gardens. They remained her favorite place in the whole of the Grey Tower. Of all the beautiful sights in and around this place, this remained her favorite.

As she strolled on this day, something caught her attention. It was something she had not heard here before, and simply curiosity tugged at the young woman to follow it.

Music...

She came around a tree and found a young man sitting upon a rock, moving between playing a flute and singing. She found herself too interested to move away, even though she would be in plain sight of him, but she dared not interrupt.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » February 1st, 2018, 3:38 am

Beron Beron played the last of chord of the song, relaxed and smiling as his fingers danced over the holes of his simple flute. He had wiled away many hours with the animals in pasture, playing a tune and listening as it echo’d from the rocks surrounding them. The sound wasn’t as grand in the garden, but still he was playing in the sunshine and enjoying a moment of rest.

As he began another tune, a light springy reel that had been a favourite among the patrons, he recalled evenings spent dancing with a fine young woman or two, even the occasional stolen kiss before a sharp eyed innkeeper called them back inside.

“As I walked out one fine spring day,
I met young Jac who was pitching hay,
his hair so fair, and his eyes were too.
Well. I gave him a kiss; oh, what could I do?
We snuggled and we tickled while the sun rose high.
and I won't say how often he made me sigh...”

Beron faltered in the lyrics for a moment as he saw the banded dress of an Accepted approach. But as the woman stood nearby without dressing him down, he continued playing the tune. As a troop favourite, his fingers knew the spacing and Beron snuck a look at the Accepted out of the corner of his eye.

He noticed right away that they were of age, she was perhaps a little younger than him, though the dress and ring she would wear gave her rank. She was eye catching, from what he could spy of her face through her light brow hair. And as she seemed to be enjoying the music, he finished the rest of the melody with as best a flourish as he could manage.

“Peace favour you this day Accepted, any requests?” Beron said as he deftly swung down the rock face and approached her.
Spoiler: show
: Song and Lyrics I found http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/My_Loves_are_So_Many

Bella

Post by Bella » February 4th, 2018, 2:35 am

"Good afternoon to you," Isla said politely. She might have been an Accepted, but she hadn't adopted the instant haughtiness that many of her new comrades-in-rank seemed to. She had spent so many years of her early life living in the gleam of righteousness that she could not imagine adopting that mantle again.

She moved a little closer, since it seemed mannerly, although she didn't want to intrude upon him entirely. This was the gardens, and everyone's time and space were there own.

Waving slightly, she offered a small smile. "I hope I didn't interrupt you, but I heard the music and was curious. I enjoyed listening, but I'm afraid I don't know any songs." Many a sort of soldier was rowdy and spent time in inns, but this was rarely so encouraged amongst the Children of the Light, and certainly not for the young daughter of a commander in such.

It made her feel terribly dull to say it out loud now, however. At least the admission of her ignorance. She had not intention to admit to what its source was. "But if you wish to sing and play more, don't let me stop you."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » February 5th, 2018, 8:14 pm

Beron
Beron was glad when the Accepted seemed to be as relaxed by the garden as he had felt. There was no substitute for fresh air and greenery, Beron mused as he scanned the ground for a good spot.

Too many midranks are like a captain with fresh stripes on his uniform. Eager to be harsh to prove they’ve left their old peers behind, Beron thought with a shake of his head, and a grateful smile that this Accepted seemed content and relaxed. “Good afternoon to you as well. Allow me to introduce myself. Beron Faim, of Saldaea and now the Grey Tower," Beron said with a nod.

She had moved closer, and Beron was glad to be able to meet a new face at the Tower. Especially one with striking eyes, although he did his best not to be overly brash in his regard. He knew a few tricks for stealing a kiss or two, but that was usually at the end of a dance and with Saldaean women. Not wanting to interrupt her time, and not wanting to depart simply because he had an audience; Beron found a decent spot on the grass and brushed the tall swaying grass down. With his jacket he made a place to sit for her, and sat himself on a round smooth rock.

Waving slightly, she offered a small smile. "I hope I didn't interrupt you, but I heard the music and was curious. I enjoyed listening, but I'm afraid I don't know any songs." She said it with a smile and Beron wondered at that. Even the dourest of nobles would hire a harp or two to brighten up the long winters, but he supposed it could be different in the southern lands.

"But if you wish to sing and play more, don't let me stop you,” she finished with that same soft smile; and Beron tapped his flute absentmindedly as he tried to remember the less ribald songs his sister had enjoyed. Chuckling he thought of a song his grandmother had often sung, on the porch cutting roots for supper or other tasks.

Picking up his flute, he played the intro quickly, the melody bouncing and lively and looping around and around.

“Over in the meadow, in the sand and the sun
Lived a mother toadie, and her little toadie one
Wink said the mother, wink said the one
So they winked and they blinked, in the sand and the sun.

Over in the meadow, where the streams run blue
Lived a mother fish, and her little fish two
Swim said the mother, we swim said the two
And they swam and they leaped, where the streams run blue.”

Beron continued to play, pausing as the song went to coax and animal and action from the Accepted as the verses rolled along with a sprightly beat.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 10th, 2018, 12:24 am

He surprised her when he put his jacket down for her, and she almost hadn't recognized just what it was he had done it for. No one had ever done that for her before. His gesture made it clear, and she took the seat a little awkwardly but nodded her thanks.

Beron Faim of Saldaea, she committed to memory.

Isla was grateful that he didn't press her on why she didn't know any songs. She have never sung, nor danced, nor played music... Suddenly, she felt like her life was a little bit dimmer for that lack. It seemed a little late to be taking it up, though. Even without her own experience, however, she could appreciate it in others.

This song was lively, and she could feel her spirits lift. Not that they had been down before, per se, but she wasn't usually a lively girl herself, but the song almost made her think she could be. She smiled again, and listened.

When this reel was finished, she nodded at him. "You're quite good," she said. "Thank you for letting me listen, Beron Faim. I am Isla Arkema, of..." Here she hesitated slightly. Well, there were others in Amadicia who did not have her history. She could say that much. "...of Amadicia, and now the Grey Tower. I'm pleased to meet you."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » February 11th, 2018, 5:15 am

Beron Beron played through the song, his fingers dancing along the flute as he bobbed his head in time to the music, singing in the silly verses that had delighted his sister so. He was glad when the Accepted took the offered jacket and sat upon the soft grass, for he had missed the easy companionship of home.

While he had just met the young woman, he was enjoying her company, just two people enjoying the joy of song amongst the beauty of the Gardens. And as she listened, Beron could see that she was enjoying the music; a relaxing of her stance, the subtle movement of a finger to the beat of the repeating song. Beron knew he was no gleeman, still he had spent too long entertaining other soldiers and friends among the watchfires to not notice the little signs of enjoyment. So he finished the song with a face flushed from playing and joy.

"You're quite good," she said. "Thank you for letting me listen, Beron Faim. I am Isla Arkema, ..of Amadicia, and now the Grey Tower. I'm pleased to meet you,” said Isla; and Beron thanked her with a smile, his voice warm and happy.

He wondered at the pause before introducing herself, but knew better than to press on a first meeting. He was enjoying her company after all, why spoil it with a ferreting nose. “Thank you Isla, it is a pleasure to meet you as well. I was lucky enough to get many chances to play as a child, although my mother checked my clothing for a patchwork cloak often enough,” Beron joked.

“In Saldaea, the mountains can be cold so we often play music and tell stories to pass the winter nights. I was also often with the animals in pasture, higher in the meadows before the snow brought them down. With only a couple other boys my age to help watch them, most of us played to pass the time,” he said, his voice warm with fond memories. “Once the men I scouted with found out I could play, they made sure I had a decent flute. Nothing soothes a bad roll of dice, or sour letter from a sweetheart like a good tune,” Beron continued as he chatted amiably with Isla.

“Would you like to try? There are some simple songs that only need a few movements or two. She’s a forgiving instrument,” Beron said as he recalled Isla mentioning her curiosity before he had begun to play.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 13th, 2018, 10:50 pm

It dawned upon her with growing sorrow--which she worked very hard to hide and hid well, for she was actually quite skilled at hiding such things--that she had lived such a barren life before coming here. She had thought herself worldly. A soldier. Daughter of a commander. Set to see things, and do things, and be righteous in the Light...

And yet, here was this...shepherd, this farmboy, and he know so much more than she. Had experienced more. She had never played music, or danced, or sung. She had never played at dice, nor had a sweetheart.

How much of life had she truly missed out on?

When he made his offer, he snapped her quickly out of her small reverie. She blinked at him and then fully processed what he had said, and her blue eyes widened and her cheeks flushed pink. "Oh, no..." she laughed softly and shook her head shyly. "I do not imagine myself at all suited to do such a thing." In truth, she just didn't want to look foolish.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » February 14th, 2018, 1:49 am

Beron Beron saw her eyes widen, and notice the flush creep into her cheeks in the afternoon sun. "Oh, no..." she laughed softly and shook her head shyly. "I do not imagine myself at all suited to do such a thing."

Beron knew she would enjoy it if she tried, music had a way of getting to the heart of a person; but with the ring on her finger and the bands on her dress he was not going to push.

“Well the offer is open anytime Isla. I haven’t been in the Gardens often, but that is something I will have to change,” Beron said as he flashed a warm smile at Isla. Staying seated, he put the flute down on the grass and took a moment to spy a long blade of grass.

Grabbing a few likely candidates, he grabbed the grass and held it between his thumbs, suddenly blowing it like a reed and watching Isla out of the corner of his eye. He was hoping to get another laugh from the Accepted. After the reed had grown to wet, he wiped his hands on the ground and turned to face her.

“Have you had much chance to enjoy Hama Valon Isla? I stayed one night when I first arrived, but I did not realize at the time that Drin would be unable to go,” chuckled Beron as he recalled the invitations his coin had afforded him the first night he’d arrived. Still, it will be nice to have some coins in the purse once I can spend them again he thought to himself.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 20th, 2018, 12:51 am

When he didn't push her to try the instrument and move beyond her comfort zones, she was relieved and settled back into her seat again. Her eyes returned to their normal size and the faint flush left her cheeks back to their usual color. She tilted her head, eyeing him as he blew on the grass and it made a sound.

Curious. She'd never seen that either... What had she been doing for all these years?

"I also got to see a bit of it when I first arrived," she said, realizing that she needed to be cautious in the telling of that. She didn't want to speak of where she had been coming from, or the state she'd been in. "But Novices are also not able to go, so I did not see much of it after that and I've only recently attained this rank.

"I hope to see more of it now, but I'm honestly not sure what I'll see." She laughed softly. "What about you? When you are Ji, what would you wish to do in the city?"

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik