Anger, Actualization & Arrival [Attn: Dedicated Alric Aurella]

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Anger, Actualization & Arrival [Attn: Dedicated Alric Aurella]

Post by Bella » June 9th, 2017, 4:26 pm

Andraste was dreaming that night.

She had spent the past few weeks wondering if she was going to have to give up this bed. As an Accepted who couldn't channel, what place did she have here? Yet as much as she had hated the place, had to literally be dragged kicking and screaming to its glassy walls, she had determined that it was home now. She didn't want to leave, but she was out of ideas.

This night, however, she was dreaming. For the first time in a while, she was dreaming about the past. Specifically, she was dreaming about the deaths of her beloveds. Her subconscious had taken her back to that moment when they had perished, and not only that, but she'd been forced to watch it. She hadn't dreamed of that since the first years in the Tower...

The image--that last moment where they were torn from the Pattern and from her life--played over and over, building emotions that she had managed to work through over the interceding years. Within the dream, where she could only watch it play out like it had in real life, she felt the helplessness grow, the heartbreak, and the rage.

As the memory shattered, she released her wave of Saidar in the memory, and woke up gasping.

She also woke up with the One Power coursing through her. She almost choked on air when she realized it. Dark eyes were wildly as she looked around trying to figure out what had happened. That was when she realized... She recognized the feeling in it. Andra felt thoughts and feelings on replay, and recognized something she hadn't felt in a while.

Then, just like that, it all became clear.
* * * The following morning, Andra had already been planning to meet Alric. They had gotten together a few times, and he had helped her walk back through her life and the deaths of Belenus and Chandra. However in amid that, they had become friends. That was why she was eager to tell him before anyone else, even those she knew she was supposed to tell.

She hurried through the Tower to the gardens where they had planned to meet, and she found him there.

"Anger!" she burst out with as she rushed up to him, dark eyes flashing. His uncertain gaze met hers and she laughed, realizing she wasn't making enough sense. "Alric, I figured it out. It was the anger. I had been so angry! I stopped being angry about their deaths and when I did, I couldn't channel anymore."

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Terric of the Salt Flat Sept of the Nakai Aiel
SC: Alric Aurella
TC: Nasrin Naceri

Re: Anger, Actualization & Arrival [Attn: Dedicated Alric Aurella]

Post by Locke » June 16th, 2017, 1:04 pm

The wind was becoming a pain in Alric’s rear. He’d brought some work along to pass the time till Andra arrived but no dice. He’d spent far more time chasing papers and hunting rocks to use as weights than actually studying. The frustrated Dedicated was considering weaving a wall of Air to hunker down behind when he heard a twig snap. He stood, turning to see Andra rushing towards him. She looked positively radiant. He’d seen her laugh and smile but never— No! Alric felt a lurch in his chest as a momentary feeling of weightlessness vanished. Don’t be an idiot, he chided himself. They were friends. Period.

Despite all of that, Alric couldn't quite keep a grin from spreading across his face as the Kandori woman approached, dark hair streaming behind her. Anger? That did make sense, and that knowledge would go a long way to helping her get over it. Still, it was a nice theory, but they needed to test it.

“Sorry about this,” Alric said, readying a shield. His right hand shot out and he flicked her across the nose. “Channel,” he ordered readying another flick.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » June 17th, 2017, 3:13 pm

Andra's eyes crossed in an instant when he flicked her nose and her hand instinctively swatted at him. "Anger, not annoyance," she replied with a half-laughing eye-roll. "Don't you think I've been plenty frustrated and annoyed since this all began without being able to channel?" She moved away from him, seeing that hand ready.

"No, it's something else," she said. "Something...deeper..."

It was the kind of thing that was hard to describe, to put words to. It was just one of those things that was known, deep down, on some far more primitive level than mere words could express. There was only one way to show what she now knew.

The smile and the lightness faded then, because she knew what she had to do. Hopefully, she would be able to integrate this into herself from here on so what she was about to do wouldn't be necessary every time she wanted to channel. However, she knew this was what needed to be done now.

She took a breath and kept her dark eyes on his, not bothering to keep herself contained. She just let the emotion just roll through her eyes while she drove through her memories, not bothering to hide from them, but she didn't worry about the pain or the grief. No, she dove into that moment when she had channeled after their deaths.

The anger she had felt. The fury. That overabundance of rage flowing through her that had remained, even locked away, so deep in her heart since their loss.

It only took a moment for the rage to fill her and she grabbed onto it. Her dark eyes flashed anew as she opened herself to the Saidar that flowed behind it. The emotions took their toll as an almost physical pain, but she pushed through it. She took a thick cord of Air, remembering well how to do this, and shook the leaves above them and the grass beneath them...

...and sent a couple pieces of paper flying.

She looked after them and said, "Sorry." It was sincerely meant, but the emotions she held kept her from saying it with much genuine regret.

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » June 18th, 2017, 2:58 am

Alric
Tell tail goosebumps climbed Alric’s arms as his friend embraced saidar. Her smile was gone, and there was rather deadly cast to her face. Goodness, the woman even makes angry look stunning, Alric thought ruefully. His thoughts quickly raced beyond that though.

Snagging papers from the air with threads of Air, Alric began to pick apart the problem. “This is progress, but you can’t always count on being angry. Well, unless you want me to follow you around kicking your shins. No, surrender is still the key. A reason to surrender to saidar and channel even when you aren’t angry.” A half-formed, potentially idiotic idea began to dawn on him. Feeling the sort of gleefulness that came when he was convinced of his own questionable brilliance, he quickly began packing his things.

“Take a few breaths, relax, and release the Source. Good,” he said once the unseasonable chill vanished. “Now follow me,” Alric said turning and walking across the clearing. As he walked, a gateway snapped open with a gust of hot, humid air and the sound of crashing waves. Alric froze for a moment as he stared at the sea.The briny sea breeze and blazing sun were magnified a hundredfold by his saidin enhanced senses. A cascade of emotions attempted to well up and batter at the Void, but he wrestled them into the Flame.

Once Andra was through the gateway, Alric let go of the Power and it snapped shut. He smiled at her, feeling a welcome breeze blow across his black clad figure. He doffed his backpack and undid his sword belt, placing them in a neat pile. “Now,” Alric said in a cheerfully authoritative tone, “I’m going to step off this ledge. I won’t do anything to slow my fall or escape somehow. You’ll have to channel.” He winked at his friend before stepping out into open air.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » June 22nd, 2017, 2:05 pm

She listened, and tried to not roll her eyes when he started reminding her that she could not always be angry to channel. Andra already knew that, but she knew that it would be a series of steps. She would have to summon the anger at first, but now that she knew what it was, she could work on it...

However, she didn't have time to restrain any snarky commentary because he asked (well, told, really, but she let that go for now) her to release the One Power and then...they were going through a Gateway. Gateways remained not her favorite of things, but she had grown a little more accustomed to them in the interceding years since the last one had led her to disaster.

Of course, she didn't have too long a time to think about where they were because the Light-blasted fool walked off the cliff. Her dark eyes widened as she grabbed Saidar without even the thought, rushing forward so she could see him as he dropped. She grabbed him in ropes of Air, bringing him to a rather abrupt and graceless halt.

"Are you crazy?!" she demanded immediately, keeping him suspended without bringing him back up. Her dark eyes flashed again like they had before.

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » July 1st, 2017, 1:24 pm

AAAaalric
Wind whipped past his face as the waves rushed up to meet him. The rush of freefall overcame him and he let out loud whoop. For a moment, Alric was a youth again. All too soon, the present had to knock the wind out of his sails, and his lungs. Alric hung gasping, suspended from a thick band of air around his torso. He hadn’t given her time for anything gentle, but at least she had channeled. That was the important part.

Slowly he began to float upwards, away from the crashing waves. He fought down another pang of nostalgia, as he was turned away from the sea to face her. She held him a good head below eye level and he had to crane his neck to meet her furious gaze. Pushing down unrelated thoughts about her beauty and the way the wind whipped her hair, he focused on the reason he’d jumped in the first place.

While he believed in the necessity of his actions wholeheartedly, he regretted the necessity to frighten her. “Yes, while I’ll be the first to say that I’m an idiot, this here is nowhere as idiotic as it looked. I do regret scaring you though.” He couldn’t help but think that had it easy compared to his treatment at the hands of Rodric, but that was beside the point. Now, he needed to know if pissing off his friend had actually done what he’d hoped. “Andra, before you drop me again, I need to know. Were you angry before you channeled or after?”
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » July 1st, 2017, 1:51 pm

For several very long moments, all the Kandori woman could do is stare at him. There he was, floating high above who knew what below--she wasn't really taking the time to look beyond him to double-check just what it was, in fact, her would land on should she drop him--and he's asking about...her channeling?

The expression on his face was far calmer than she had expected, but then she had several moments of rationalizing... He would not really have jumped to his death, would he? "This here is nowhere near as idiot as it looked."

Obviously, he knew something she didn't. She had reacted in the snap of the moment, but now upon reflection, he wasn't going to have died going over this cliff. Whether because of his own channeling ability or something about this location, she did not know, but now she was assured that her "rescuing" him had actually been needless.

He had just been testing her.

The annoyance fled her face and she smiled. Sweetly. Too sweetly. "Well, why don't we find out?" she said, her eyes affectedly large and dark lashes batting before she released the cords of Air.

However, just moments later, there was another barrier of Air and he was once again suspended above the ground. She had to project her voice a little louder now, since he was a little further down than he had been the first time. "Well, I suppose my block is indeed broken, since you, at present, are not."

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » July 2nd, 2017, 12:58 pm

Alric
His stomach lurched and he was falling again. He barely had time to register the initial shock, when he crashed into something solid. Alric sat on the platform of Air, thankful he hadn’t twisted anything. Had she lost the Source? No. Alric remembered that determinedly innocent look. Seizing saidin for himself, Alric considered simply cutting her weave and falling the rest of the way. Preferring not to antagonize her further, Alric opted to create a gateway.

Stepping through the hole in the air back onto solid land, Alric asked, “Have you ever been to the Sea of Storms before?” Still holding the Power, Alric let his senses take in the familiar sights and smells. The summer sun beating down on his black clad shoulders and sparkling off the the surface of the water. The biney sea breeze carrying the scents of an industrious southern city. At this distance, they were incredibly faint, only noticeable to him because of the Power. Still, it smelled like home.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » July 2nd, 2017, 3:47 pm

It didn't surprise her in the least when he chose to remove himself from the middle of the air and appear behind her. For a moment, she felt a little bad for dropping him again, but she let that feeling pass. He had walked off a cliff with a word of warning and scared the wits out of her, so she only felt bad for that moment.

She straightened up and calmly dusted herself off as she turned to face him, rearranging some of the dark hair that had been rearranged during the strange few minutes they'd just had.

"No, I can't say that I have," she replied with poise, facing him with a faint smile and holding her hands before her. She had traveled to many places during her time as a merchant, but typically, inland. She looked around. "I hadn't really given much thought to where we are until just now," she added idly.

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » July 3rd, 2017, 6:16 pm

Alric
“That’s a shame,” Alric said stepping back up to the edge. “I grew up here actually. We used to come up to these cliffs and jump off, mostly just to show off.” He added with a sheepish laugh. “We were all kids back in those days, but it was always the thing to do. There’s a bit of a sheltered cove slightly up the coast where we’d swim or try catching fish.”

“If you want, we can go down and take a visit,” Alric said cocking his chin towards the water, “Don’t worry, there’s a walking path.”
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik