Wards in the Springtime [attn: Craig/Zarayne]

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: Wards in the Springtime [attn: Craig/Zarayne]

Post by Roan » June 21st, 2017, 1:39 am

Tia Sedai
Tia knew Wards, though she didn’t know them to the same degree Jaryd knew Wards. For the Red Asha’man, Wards were as easy to him as Cloud Dancing was to Tia. The Wards she showed the Novice were those taught to her when she took the class on Wards when she’d been a Novice. In the years since, she’d learned other Wards. Some were simple, some were more advanced.

The weave Zarayne was asking about wasn’t much more difficult than the Ward to keep Shadowspawn at bay. The young woman’s curiosity would serve her well on her path to becoming Aes Sedai. Tia nodded, “The Ward you are asking about is one to prevent others from trespassing where the Ward is set.

“It is very similar to the one to keep Shadowspawn at bay, but less fire, more spirit,”she explained. “I can teach it to you if you like? If you haven’t been too taxed thus far?”

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » June 26th, 2017, 7:40 am

Zarayne
The wording of the Aes Sedai's answer puzzled Zarayne a little. Trespassing reminded the Aielwoman of tales about different clans intruding upon the territories of their allies and enemies. There was no physical barrier preventing a member of the Daryne walking into Clan Reyn land, even if the act itself was forbidden by custom or law. To Zarayne, trespassing did not have the same meaning as preventing passage. Maybe a ward isn't a tangible barrier? She already assumed - and now knew - some weren't. But the ward against Shadowspawn was impermeable, wasn't it?

Her interest in the answer to that was stronger than her compulsion to reply to Tia Sedai's question. "A ward against people or Shadowspawn is impassable, isn't it? That is, there's no way a Trolloc could walk through such a ward once it was erected." Mentally she was excluding anything that could tamper with the ward in this scenario, such as another channeller or the presence of an object that disrupted weaves of the One Power. Zarayne had seen indisputable proof that the One Power was a thing of substance, but 'trespassing' was... Maybe I'm frightening myself over the choice of a word. It was that sort of response she was expecting to hear back from the Green sister.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » June 27th, 2017, 11:18 pm

Tia Sedai
Zaryane showed a level of curiosity Tia hadn’t encountered too often since becoming a full fledged Aes Sedai. Many Accepted and Novices would take in all of what Tia would have to say, but draw complete blanks if she asked if they had any questions. It was funny how a simple question could cause a person’s mind to go absolutely blank.

The Aes Sedai didn’t think Zarayne would be the kind of student to draw a blank when put on the spot. As it is, she’d asked a number of good questions. Truth be told, Tia found the latest question difficult to answer. “I can only speak hypothetically, as I haven’t put either of these Wards to such a test,” she warned.

“The Ward against Shadowspawn and the Ward against Trespassing would be difficult to cross if those the Ward was used against weren’t aware the Ward existed. If, however, they know the Ward has been put into place, then, with resolve, they could force themselves to cross the threshold,” Tia explained. “I am sorry I can’t give you a more definitive answer. There are likely Aes Sedai and Asha’man with more experience than I with such things, and could tell you with certainty, or I’m sure you could find an answer in the Library,” she finished.

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » June 29th, 2017, 8:30 am

Zarayne
Again, the use of a single word set off alarm bells in Zarayne's mind. She didn't want to hear about hypotheticals when it came to protecting herself against Shadowspawn. It didn't help that Tia Sedai couldn't answer her question either, although she appreciated the Green's honesty. Even though Tia wasn't one of the Oathsworn, she was still unquestionably telling the truth. Aes Sedai never apologise, and Aes Sedai never so openly admit to ignorance.

She blinked away her concerns, accepting that she how had as much information as some Aes Sedai on these matters. It made the distance towards becoming an Aes Sedai herself seem marginally smaller, although she didn't even have a Great Serpent ring on her hand yet.

Zarayne focused again on Tia, bright green eyes meeting with dark brown. "Thank you for your insight, Tia Sedai." She bobbed a grateful nod. "I shall spend some time in the Library studying for myself, rather than asking you a great many questions." And maybe seeing if there's someone who knows more? That was likely only a pursuit she could engage in once she was Accepted; novices didn't get enough free time, and hers was spent in Lysira Gaidin's company more often than not.

For a reason that wasn't immediately clear to her, Zarayne added "My water is yours" as she rose to leave. An Aiel statement, and not even a common one at that. It took Zarayne a few days to recognise the significance of what that meant and why she had said it.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik