Feeling kinda Blue, Hair no longer is (Attn: Elan/Delaine)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Locke
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Terric of the Salt Flat Sept of the Nakai Aiel
SC: Alric Aurella
TC: Nasrin Naceri

Feeling kinda Blue, Hair no longer is (Attn: Elan/Delaine)

Post by Locke » March 17th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Nas
There hadn’t been much they could do about her shaved temple. Almost every Aes Sedai and even a few Asha’man had taken her aside to express their displeasure in her choice of haircuts. That said, the Tower was filled with girls from so many different lands with different customs that it was hard to outlaw particular hairstyles without offending somebody’s customs. Over the first few days after her haircut, she was repeatedly sent to the Mistress of Novices’ study for various transgressions such as being disruptive, general rebelliousness, or a personal favorite of hers “having a messy uniform.”

Vanya wasn’t a fool however, she realized quickly that her “offenses” were round about complaints about her hair. Most of them had been. She owed at least one charge of being disruptive to whispering in class with Kaira. After she found Nas waiting outside her office for the seventh time in two days, she finally put her foot down. Hair did not grow back overnight. She was one hundred percent away of Novice Naceri’s intentionally rebellious hair cut. She distributed a memo about Nasrin’s hair explaining that she was aware of the issue, that Nasrin had been punished, and to quit sending her to see her over that issue. Nas found herself in the woman’s office a week later, head held over a basin as royal blue King’s flower dye was washed from her hair. The blue tinted water mingled with pained tears as Vanay roughly scrubbed at her hair. She had been paddled to the point where she could barely sit, but her pride hurt much more.

Once her hair was returned mostly to its natural black, a hobbling Nasrin was sent on her way with the promise that she would have extra chores till her hair grew back if she tried such a stunt again. She’d already missed most of her first class for the day. No point in walking in at the last minute. Instead she headed towards the gardens, picking up a rake along the way. If she looked like she was doing chores, she was less likely to be stopped. While Novices were expected to scurry, but Nasrin’s gate was more a hobbling stalk. This was beyond unfair. Novices were expected to look presentable at all times. Blue hair and a shaved temple were plenty presentable. Maybe next time she’d just shave it all off. Why did it even matter? Tossing her rake aside, she pulled her pipe out and began packing the bowl with tabac. With a flash of blue flame, the pipe was lit and she took a long draw. In the distance, heard the bell tell the hour. Classes would be letting out. She should head to her next class. She should, but literature was so boring. She would have trouble sitting still enough, even without her aching backside. She had a channeling lesson later. She might go to that one, even if Elinda Sedai insisted on moving so slowly. Making little lights and balls of flame was so tedious.

She had been enjoying the sounds of nature and the stillness, two things she’d rarely experienced growing up in Bandar Eban, living on a boat, or here at the Tower. That all changed at the approach of voices. Black and white uniformed figures made their way along her path chatting amongst themselves. The gardens were a favorite detour between classes, so she should have expected to have company. It was still annoying. She let herself become swept along by the current of bodies. Maybe she would go to class. She just couldn’t muster up much if any enthusiasm. She was just a problem child, wasting their time. They all knew it. Maybe it was time she accepted it too. She would go to her literature class, even if it was a total waste of time. There were at least a few cute girls in that class. That would be nice, before she was inevitably sent to the Mistress of Novices again.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Elan
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Jaren Marle, Asha'man
SC: Mael Akashi, Asha'man
TC: Delaine Taborwin, Novice
QC: Valentin Akashi, Soldier

Re: Feeling kinda Blue, Hair no longer is (Attn: Elan/Delaine)

Post by Elan » March 17th, 2017, 8:50 pm

Delaine
If Delaine was ever going to skip a class, it would have been Literature. She enjoyed reading well enough, but studying works she’d read and analysed thoroughly when she was fourteen felt like such a waste of time. Not at all like the Natural Science class that had just finished. (Today without a guest appearance from Dedicated Alric, unfortunately enough. He was a good teacher and his style was far more engaging than Melinda Sedai’s. Not that Delaine would ever say that out loud to either.)

She listened with half an ear as the rest of the group talked about something or another as they passed through the gardens. The mad scramble to spend something like two minutes in the gardens between classes had seemed pointless to her at first, but she’d grown to appreciate it, if only because they only had so many chances over the course of a day to get a breath of fresh air. Now she went right along with everybody else, acted sociable when anybody paid attention to her, but she wasn’t really interested in being friends with any of them.

Though none of them looked much older than she, most of them had been in the Tower for years already, they had to be years older than her, and they were still Novices? Delaine made a face at the thought. No, she couldn’t see befriending them being particularly advantageous, and from listening to them talk, it couldn’t be very interesting, either.

…Speaking of interesting.

She suddenly spotted a vaguely familiar figure, the tall girl with the wild hair. Nasrin. Though her hair was… no longer blue. That was a shame, though not entirely unexpected. She was alone; though she did go along with the group, it seemed with great reluctance. Delaine considered for a moment. Nasrin had a bit of a reputation. She didn’t do great in most classes, but she was good at channelling. She wouldn’t be allowed to teach another Novice, though; they were only allowed to channel while supervised by someone of a higher rank. That had been made very clear. Would there be anything to gain from befriending her?

Fun, maybe?

She had to admit that could be surprisingly valuable now; fun was in short supply in the Tower. Navigating deftly through the milling group — it was no more difficult than crossing a crowded ballroom without bumping into anyone she didn’t intend to — Delaine approached the taller girl. “Hello,” she said, smiling up at her. “I’m sorry about your hair. I thought it looked nice. You’re in my Literature class, right?”

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » March 18th, 2017, 10:48 am

Nas
Maybe the Pattern did believe in balance. Nas had been forced to wash out her dye, but here was one of the pretty girls from literature striking up a conversation, and actually complimenting her hair. She didn’t wear her hair for anybody else, as she constantly reminded herself. Compliments were always nice though.

Falling in next to the girl, adopting a sort of swaying swagger, she said, “Delaine right? Yeah, we’re in the same class. I’ve missed a few classes, but we’re supposed to be reading some of Hadly’s ‘Anthology of Rural Life,’ right? I don’t think I’ve ever heard anybody gush on so much about shoveling dung and picking vegetables.” Throwing her arms over her head and arching her back in a stretch, she said, “If you’re going to gush over anything, write poems about the sea or beautiful people. Or if you’re feeling really daring, write about beautiful people at sea.” Pipe held between her teeth, she flashed another grin at her classmate. Maybe it would be worth going to class today.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Elan
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Elan » March 19th, 2017, 10:51 am

Delaine
Oh, how Delaine despised Hadly and everything the poet stood for! She grimaced slightly as she nodded. “Yes, Hadly.” She snorted softly. “The Anthology is what happens when a city-dwelling upper middle class man gets nostalgic for a simpler life. The entire Andoran Pastoral genre is like that; people who have never seen a live sheep but are happy to enjoy the wool upon their backs and the mutton at their tables, decide that the peasants are the lucky ones because their lives are so simple and pure.” She rolled her eyes eloquently. It was not that she knew so much about peasant life herself — but she was aware that she had only a vague idea of the hardships faced by less privileged people, and she certainly didn’t see anything enviable in shearing sheep.

Then she looked up at Nasrin again. “But if you want poems about the sea, or about beautiful people or both, I’m sure I could recommend some?” In an uncharacteristic fit of mischief, she quoted softly,

“All beauty calls you to me, and you seem,
past twice a thousand miles of shifting sea,
to reach me.”

And then the reality of what she was doing — reciting poetry that could be considered intimate, to a girl she barely knew, in broad daylight where anyone could hear! — caught up with her and she blushed a thoroughly unflattering shade of crimson. But she didn’t look away. “Ah, what I mean is, if you think you would enjoy poetry of that sort, more interesting and more real than Hadly and his ilk, I could help.”

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » March 19th, 2017, 11:54 am

Nas
“You’re cute when you blush,” Nas said with a teasing grin. In fact, no small amount of heat had risen to her own cheeks. The sea had always been a place of romance and wonder for her. Even before she’d taken to sea for herself, she’d lived in a major sea port. These days, she still missed the creek of a ship and sound of quiet waves at night. She would have traded any of her meager possessions to smell the clean sea air and the salt spray over the crowded stink of an inland city.

Maybe she should try her own hand at poetry. “That was beautiful, Delaine, who wrote that?” she asked, all teasing put aside. “Maybe if we read stuff like that, I’d actually go to class more,” she said, as the passed under the threshold back into the Tower proper. “Knowing, Colivear Sedai, she would manage to suck all the love and joy out of it.” She made a face as she said that. Reading was supposed to be fun.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Elan
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Elan » March 21st, 2017, 4:30 pm

Delaine
Delaine didn’t grace the comment about blushing with a response, though a part of her was tempted to point out that Nasrin had a much better colouring for it. She knew some people were able to completely control their blushing, including blushing at will — her mother was one of those people — and she’d always been mildly irritated that she couldn’t seem to master that ability. She’d seen herself how effective a coy blush could be in the right place. The ability to faint at will could be similarly useful, but she didn’t know anyone who could actually do that, and more than a little suspected that it was just a court legend.

“That was Saerin Teasdale,” she said as she walked at Nasrin’s side. She was fairly good at keeping up with taller people without looking like she was hurrying, but she found that she didn’t have to do a lot of that with Nasrin; the taller girl had to be adjusting her pace as well. “She wrote several poems that touch on the sea in one way or another, though a lot of other things too. I doubt we’ll read her in the class, though.” She smiled up at her companion again. “They should have some of her collections in the Library, though, if you wanted to read more.” Implication: she'd be happy to go find the books and read with Nasrin, if she so wished. She didn't know if the other girl would pick up on her meaning, or take the offer if she did, but spending time with somebody who appreciated good poetry would be a welcome change.

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » March 24th, 2017, 7:44 pm

Nasrin
It was a tempting offer. It really was. Nasrin didn't care to go to class either. She had already missed her first class though. If she went to the library, she could stare at pretty girls while doing something she actually wanted to do.

She let out a small sigh. That was her problem. She only ever did the things she wanted to. Sometimes the one had to drain and clean the bilge. Even if it wasn't a fun job, the ship would sink otherwise. This wasn't as serious as sinking ships, but she should probably try to go to class from time to time, even if just to keep Vanya off her back.

“No, I should actually go to class.” Giving her new friend a somewhat placating look, she said, “How about we go after class? We can still make class interesting.”

Quickly embracing Saidar, she wove a flow of air to snuff her pipe. She couldn't smoke it inside. Most Aes Sedai didn't want her smoking it at all. She tapped out the dottle with an air of finality. She would go to class today, whether she wanted to or not.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Elan
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Elan » April 1st, 2017, 12:19 pm

Delaine
Delaine watched as the other Novice fiddled with the pipe. She didn’t know a lot of women who smoked; it wasn’t considered feminine, ladylike, proper. She wondered if Nasrin smoked for precisely that reason, or whether inhaling smoke into your lungs was actually pleasurable to some people. She couldn’t imagine it. Then again, men smoked quite commonly, and she doubted it was to reinforce their masculinity, so there must be something to it…

She gave the taller girl a reassuring smile. “No, you’re right, we should go to class,” she said. “I’ve never skipped a class. Not intentionally, anyway. I shouldn’t start now.” She’d been so late to one, once, that she might as well have skipped entirely. Her smile turned into a small grimace. “Though making Hadley interesting shall be a challenge.” But she was not one to shrink from a challenge. Besides, Colivear Sedai was not the most observant of women; she might not even notice if half the students spent the entire class doodling unflattering pictures of various Tower personages or something.

…Which was totally not how she spent most of the Basic Arithmetics class when she had to attend. She hoped to Light nobody ever got their hands on the doodle of the M’Hael in a flower crown that she’d managed to misplace somewhere between the class and her room some days ago.

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » April 7th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Nas
They should have slipped. Nasrin was one hundred percent sure of that when Colivear Sedai fixed her with a look bordering on scorn. Her hair wasn't even blue anymore. She trudged to the back of the class where she fished out her books. Her cheeks burned as she thumbed to the appropriate page in the book.

The short woman began to drone on and on about Hadley and his glorious portrayals of the working man. Apparently, according to Colivear at least, Hadley’s adherence to a tight meter was beautiful and not in the least bit formulaic. Delaine had been right, Hadley didn't understand the common man. She couldn't take it anymore. Her hand crept toward the sky. When their teacher deigned to call on her, she asked, “Does Hadley intend to speak to or for common men? I'm as common as it gets and his choice of diction doesn't speak to me, nor would most people I've known would be interested. Content wise, I'm sure he's only ever read about a commoner. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.”

“And you do, Novice?”

No, I'm just an angry little girl. Why did I even speak up? She began to Trimble slightly, but she straightened her back and spoke, “Yes Aes Sedai, I do.”
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik