Do You Have Anybody Back Home Soldier? (Attn: Jenn/Affie)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Locke
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Terric of the Salt Flat Sept of the Nakai Aiel
SC: Alric Aurella
TC: Nasrin Naceri

Do You Have Anybody Back Home Soldier? (Attn: Jenn/Affie)

Post by Locke » March 15th, 2017, 3:16 am

A very tired Alric Aurella
When the gateway snapped closed behind him, Alric felt himself visibly sag. That would be the last gateway he would be making tonight. He could barely stand from exhaustion. His ankle was splinted in place with a piece of wood blasted free in the earlier battle. It still barely wanted to support his weight. Some cuts he couldn’t quite remember getting were also wrapped in makeshift bandages. Beyond that, he was covered in bruises from head to toe. He knew he should have gone to the infirmary, but instead, the battered Dedicated crept into the Novice quarters.

Is there somebody waiting for you back home? It was a question he’d been asked often back in the army. Soldiers would ask each other campfire before curfew, to break the boredom of a long watch, or on some endless march or other. His answer had always been “No.” Alric guessed, he could have spun some tale about Lorenza, but she hadn’t shown all that much interest when they were youths together. There hadn’t been any reason to assume she had been waiting for him to come home to Mayene.

This time, things were different. He wasn’t coming home from war per say, but for once in his life, he knew who he was fighting for. Those happy tales of a soldier returning from war to embrace his smiling family. He’d never known that feeling. Instead he’d been set adrift, not daring to return to his family in shame. They deserved better than a murderer for a son. This time, however, Alric had an anchor. She also deserved better than a murderer, but he was tired of drifting. He did his best to hold himself straight and to not limp as he made his way down the halls of the Novice quarters. Stopping before one of the doors, he gave a soft knock. Maybe it was a small thing with little fanfare, but it was his homecoming. He rarely went knocking on her door, but he’d had a long night, and he really didn’t care if how much that Aiel Novice glared at him. He wouldn’t be turned away. Alric was determined to see his Affie tonight.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Jenn
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Zarius "Zeen" Iiro, the M'Hael
SC: Afanen "Affie" Vallen, Novice

Re: Do You Have Anybody Back Home Soldier? (Attn: Jenn/Affie)

Post by Jenn » March 18th, 2017, 12:17 am

Affie
The first thing Affie did was when she entered into the quiet room she shared, was fish the second bell out of the tiny pocket along her side and string it through the woven necklace next to the first bell. Then she had spent the next... however long it was... jingling the bells. Didn’t mean to wake Zarayne up though. Was light sleeper!

In a tumble of words and grand gestures, the small Novice perched on the very corner of her bed and proceeded to regale her roommate with the events of the night. Was difficult not to speak above a whisper. Some parts were also confusing, but that’s cause was confusing. Still couldn’t remember things that good after the chandelier fell, colour, smells, and noise sloshing like the distant feeling of the ocean in her head. Remembered enough though, but tried to mention Alrim’s name as little as possible. Couldn’t tell if Zarayne was upset or not at hearing about the Drin. Would find out later.

Also! Had been some fighting out in Hama Valon? Not entirely sure... wasn’t allowed to stay around and ask after ballroom was cleared out. No one seemed to know anything.

Legs were swinging off the side of the narrow bed, bell necklace wrapped around her wrist, and was contemplating changing out of fancy dress when a soft knock came at the door. Dark eyes met green and the two young women shared a quizzical look. Shrugging, Affie stood. Zarayne should stay in bed... was already there. Looked warm and comfy too.

She muttered under her breath as she nearly tripped over the hem of shimmering skirts again. Didn’t fall, thankfully. Maybe next time, get shorter dress. She eased the door open a sliver, dark eyes peering out.

“Alric!”

Something... halfway between a squeak and a gasp sounded and the door was thrown open the rest of the way.

“Where were you?” That was almost asked accusatorily. “Had fun at the ball and -” The hiss that met her hug... not right. Not so good. Affie pulled away, frowning up at him. Was hard to see in the dim light. She squinted and then she was looking at him with perfectly round eyes. “Hurt...? Are hurt!” Forgetting where they were and where they were standing, she glared up at him. “What happened?!”
Image Image
Jenn's Tracker - come write with me!

"Gravity has a way of humbling a man."

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » March 18th, 2017, 10:31 am

Alric
The hallway was pretty dim, but the occasional lamps gave off enough light to see that Affie wore a dress unlike anything he’d ever seen on her. It was wrinkled, but it looked like a fine silk and it fit in ways a Novice dress could only dream of. He reached a hand to cup her cheek and stopped, noticing it was covered in dried blood. “It’s not mine,” he said with a tired grin. “I don’t really know all the details or what exactly I’m allowed to say, but some channelers attacked the city. Somebody decided I should be involved in the defense. Otherwise, I would have been there to dance with you.” He felt a pang of regret having not been there to dance with her in the ballroom. It was tempered by the knowledge that he’d done his part to keep her safe so she could have fun.

“I hope you got to dance with somebody,” he said. Sure his face was also covered in blood and ash, he resisted the urge to lean down and kiss her. “I did get you something while I was in the city though,” he said, reaching into the pocket of his heavy overcoat. Of course, his face fell, the colorful silk ribbons he’d bought were also covered in grime and blood. They smelled like smoke as well. “I’m sorry, Ms. Vallen I’ll find you a less blood covered gift. Now if you will come with me. I have something I need to do.”
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Jenn
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Zarius "Zeen" Iiro, the M'Hael
SC: Afanen "Affie" Vallen, Novice

Post by Jenn » March 19th, 2017, 6:47 am

Affie
She glanced over her shoulder, bottom lip mashing against teeth. Affie gave Zarayne a quick wave, hurriedly stepping out of the room and into the hallway, shutting the door as quietly as she could behind her. The petite Altaran pushed herself up onto her toes, frowning up at the Dedicated even as she squinted at him. Fingers immediately laced through his.

“If not your blood, then good,” she said softly. Was good. Hoped bad people that tried to hurt him were all bloody and dead. If so, was also good! “And don’t care if smell like ash or smoke.” Was walking now... Alric more limping, than walking. Looked tired. So tired. Was walking so slowly that didn’t have to hold up one side of pretty skirts. Didn’t know where they were going. Didn’t care. Well, no, cared, but would find out soon.

She rubbed some of the grime off of his cheek, then leaned up and kissed it. “Did get to dance. Had someone teach me. Met a Drin, named Alrim. Had fun too, but didn’t know about fighting in Hama Valon. Wouldn’t have had fun if had known you were out there. But fancy party inside ballroom was... kind of attacked too...”

At Alric’s alarmed look, Affie hurried to explain, about the falling chandelier, the dead body tangled in it... the... the strange mist and blackness and how if felt like the ocean had been in her head, making everything all swimmy. “Was like being drunk on gin, only... hadn’t had gin. Everyone, even fancy people, Amyrlin too, all like drunk on gin. Didn’t see M’Hael though. Also got to hit an Asha’man over the head with vase.” That was said with a solemn nod. “Asha’man started fight with Alrim, so had to help. Just need to hit a Soldier over the head with something to complete set.”

Her chin lifted and she glared at Alric and she tapped his chest, the faint chime of bells accompanying the gesture. “Are Prince. Think Alrim is Knight. Called me Princess, but don’t think so. Maybe just for tonight.” She gently pulled the ribbons of his hand. “Can clean them. Maybe with Power?”
Image Image
Jenn's Tracker - come write with me!

"Gravity has a way of humbling a man."

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » March 19th, 2017, 1:13 pm

Alric
“I’m not a prince, Affie, just a tired old soldier in battered armor. Literally today,” he said, patting the breastplate he still wore with a slight grin. “At least, I’m you’re tired old soldier.” He barely had the energy to channel at all tonight. She would have to use the Power herself. He had something special in mind for his last scraps of power.

She had also apparently had an eventful night. A smoke that made everybody drunk? That seemed like a strange sort of attack. If they had managed to get inside to do that, what was the purpose of the attack in the city? The captain considered tactics and the scholar sought means and motives. He didn’t know much about items of Power, but that had to have been what caused the cloud. Squeezing his Affie’s scarred hand, he said, “I’m glad you’re safe. And I’m glad that you had fun. I wish there wasn’t an attack tonight. We could have danced together.”

Their path lead them from the Novice’s Quarters towards the gardens. Alric was surprised not to see many people on this night of all nights. Most of the people who would have stopped them were probably on damage control elsewhere. His ankle still throbbed, and the dozens of scrapes and bruises covering his body didn’t fare much better. The fact that his Affie had enjoyed her time at the ball, even with the strange attack, made every ache worth it.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik