Sense and Serenity [Attn: Bella]

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Re: Sense and Serenity [Attn: Bella]

Post by Andy » March 4th, 2017, 4:41 pm

"It would be a pleasure" he responded, falling in step beside her.

He had to check his stride further than usual given the height difference but he was getting used to that, it seemed there were many of the smaller stature amongst the channellers. That reminded him to check in on Fiona at some point. He focused his attention back to Andraste and listened as they moved, hands clasped behind his back. He wasn't sure but she felt like someone of stronger breeding than himself and he was reactive to that.

"Well met indeed Andraste, there seems to be a mere handful of us that I have seen. Which surprises me given the fact that the Tower stands against the Shadow," he responded, "though I suppose that it takes all sorts. I have never had the fortune to travel to Kandor much. How was it when you left?" he asked.

The nations of the Borderlands were natural allies and helped each other where they could. It was only natural when you were the line shielding all from the Blight and the Shadow. News travelled fast throughout the lands and fortune met with joined happiness. He missed that about Arafel, the hearing of news and the feeling that there was a large, extended family out there somewhere. There were disagreements as always but it was more than made up for by a shared enemy.

"I have heard the same story over and again," he nodded thoughtfully, "it makes me wonder, and feel sad for, what must happen to those who are not found. I am glad that you were and that, in time, you will learn to use your ability for a grater good. Light willing. D they wrap you in linens and treat you like a child too? I have heard that complaint all too often, between me and you"

At her question there was a silence for a few moments, he always paused and considered honesty or dishonesty. He didn't know why, he always opted for honesty. He was not sure if that showed he was a good or bad person either. Truth won out again.

"As for me, I was sent here. I did not come willingly, or at least I was surly about it. I was a poor son and a lazy individual. Make a man out of me, that was the idea. Might be why I am trying too hard," he shrugged, "it's working, after a fashion. So perhaps the old wisdom about parents being right has something to it"

There was more to it, there always was. Years of memories, things done and undone. Others unchangeable. Some few things were terrible enough to warrant his feelings of inferiority. Yet he never told anyone about them, he never wanted to and likely never would. He supposed the only person who might ever get the full story might be if he ever Bonded. That was a long way off and so he ignored it for now.

"How do you find it here Andraste? It was hard for me to adjust the first few weeks. Or months even"
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » March 5th, 2017, 9:29 pm

Oh, adjusting had been very hard too...but she had not then, nor now in retrospect, been able to divest what was trouble adjusting versus what was grieving. The two were inextricably linked, and she simply had to acknowledge that. But since she did not want to divulge the entirety of her story, then all she could do was...be vague.

"It was difficult to adjust here, yes," she agreed. "Before I came here, I was a traveling merchant. So I had grown very accustomed to a life of freedoms and open air. Here...well, I've had to get used to having neither in nearly as much quantity as before."

She paused and reflected on his statements. It was curious what people were like, and what they had been like in their lives before. She wasn't sure she saw the person he referred to himself as, but she also knew that she didn't know him at all. There were always many sides to people, and many sides to her that would surprise others.

"However, one does get used to it," she mused. "It might take time and there'll still be things you don't like, but I've come to realize it's not such a bad place after all. I imagine it will end up like that for you too, if I'm to guess."

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Post by Andy » March 9th, 2017, 6:39 pm

He was surprised by the revelation that Andraste was but a travelling merchant, the way she spoke and carrier herself seemed to be a bit grander than that. Then again, he was only just learning how to read people ho weren't two sips away from dribbling on a tavern floor. He was likely just making poor assumptions. Perhaps she was downplaying herself for whatever reason. Nothing sprang to mind, so he presumed the former. A wry twist of his lips came at th idea he would find someone with the same profession as his father.

Nominally at least, he stopped travelling for any reason other than itchy feet years ago. Perhaps she would be like him in time, had she not come here. I wonder if they let you go back to your old life once you reach the top? he mused as he paced along slowly, matching her stride.

"My father was a merchant, he quite liked the haggling I recall," he tilted his head, "he was rarely left speechless but then he could talk for days about a piece of string, lamenting it's roughness and poor weave, or praising its colour and strength. An odd man but well liked. Talkers can make people feel better about themselves. Something, I think perhaps that you may have done a little of that here today too" he told her softly, he was thankful of new and differing perspectives, even if given in passing.

"I think he liked the path more than anything, sadly age and success gave him too many breaks than he liked, now I come to think of it. Perhaps I viewed him wrong, always thought he just wanted to get away from us," he conceded, "perhaps, on day I will owe him an apology.

There was a silence between them then, a few moments where only the rustling of leaves and the running of water filled their senses, glorious music of nature and the main reason he came to see the flora and fauna weekly. He was thinking about what Andraste had said - that he was trying too hard and that, given her perspective on her previous life, he had been thinking about things from the wrong direction. He took some time to reflect upon her last words carefully, he clearly needed to change some of his perspectives if he logically allowed his conclusions to be correct.

Sometimes I hate this Tower, not because it's bad but because it shows me how bad I was. I suppose it's for the best, amends can be made later. For now...well we go on best we can he knew.

"Oh I already know it's probably the best place for me. Annoying, but best" he sighed, he needed to think for a time, try to achieve the ko'di and then...be better.

"I think, though, that I have spent enough time with such a decent sort after making such a strange first impression," he chuckled and paused in his pacing, bowing to her slightly, "I must get back to my...studies. May the Light favour you and may we meet again, as Gaidin and Aes Sedai, and compare how we feel then" he stepped back and smiled at her, he was doing that more often of late.

"Good luck Andraste, I hope that you get all that you ever wished for. Better you than me" he ended with before walking back the way they had come, deep in thought and reflecting differently than before.
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik