Sense and Serenity [Attn: Bella]

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Andy
"A Crown of Swords"
PC: Alrim Farshera Gaidin

Sense and Serenity [Attn: Bella]

Post by Andy » February 21st, 2017, 6:28 pm

The Gardens, they had their own aura about them. He had decided that each part of the Tower had its own sensations, its own aromas that defined it. If he had to pin down the stale sweat and dirt of the yards it would be perseverance. The Gardens, though, were definitely serenity incarnate. It was why it had fast become is favoured haunt of late. Taverns were well and good when he had the energy and the nerve but the peace of the flora and fauna offered a salve to a hard day.

And most days are hard these days he told himself as he sat cross legged at the very edge of the path, slightly tucked away by shrubbery and thus shielded slightly from the winds that rippled this day.

He was successfully repeating the Oneness that was so famous, or infamous depending upon your perspective. The ko’di Dax had called it, he was not sure the Tairen had figured it out himself for all of his bluster but he had been the one to name it to Alrim. A simple concept and very useful for battle. He was also finding use for it in general life, something he was not sure Dax Gaidin had figured out. He didn’t think poorly of the man, on the contrary. What little time he had managed to steal with him stood out from most. He sensed a somewhat kindred spirit and thus he knew what it could do for the man, if he would listen.

It was, partially, the reason why he was trying to perfect it. So many of his peers and his superiors seemed to be either angry, sad or plain insane. He was looking to the future, not to be a leader but to be a helper, perhaps. Deep breaths stilled his should, his thoughts dying and merely beating every so often like his heart. He could hear everything in delicious detail in this construct, flame burning all and leaving naught but awareness.

Awareness! It’s a damned beauty the impulse came and was subsumed.

It was almost how he saw the One Power was like, from the descriptions given to him. H was sure it was wrong but then he had led a life of such apathy that to discover purpose and such abilities was like finding out he could sweat gold and sell it to the Andoran treasury. He had left the old Alrim behind and shed into a new Alrim. Somewhat. It was a long process and reputation was difficult to overturn. By now he was sure everyone knew exactly who he was and just exactly how useless he was - apparently. He threw the self-flagellation into the void and damned them all.

“One mind, one weapon, one target, one purpose,” he muttered to himself repeatedly, holding it and firming up the ko’di bit by bit.

His muscles began to twitch slightly, he was used to using it when fighting and his body sought to lap into the fray. He resisted and waited for it to subside. He frowned outwardly as he dissected himself internally. He was not sure he was as ready as he would like to progress. He knew he had the ability but did not trust that he had the will. He hated that. H tried to ignore it as it rose within.

“One end, one fate, one reason!” he continued. But it was no use, it all shattered like so much glass and his eyes flew open and anger twisted his lips.

“Blood and blood ashes, when will I get it right! Light knows I’ve tried for forever” he snapped at himself briefly.

He let himself fall backwards and felt that he deserved the slight bump his skull would have for a day or two. He seethed quietly and waited for calm to reign once more.
~
Arafel Will Rise, Kick Matty's Butt & Be Totally The Most Awesome Land Evar
~

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Sense and Serenity [Attn: Bella]

Post by Bella » February 21st, 2017, 11:57 pm

Shock of all shocks, and to the astonishment of absolutely no one who had met her even once, Andraste was in the gardens.

Months had passed since she had been brought to these halls, among the most unwilling of aspirants, but she still found the greatest comfort in this one place. She no longer needed to sneak out beneath the trees just to sleep--at least, not all the time--and she was not so much of the walking raw nerve she had been then either...yet this place had not lost its powerful allure for the Kandori woman.

Thus here she was, walking through the gardens for her free hour of the day. Sometimes she met people she knew, and other times she met people she didn't know, and yet other times she met no one at all.

Today, it would seem, would take a little from Column B.

As she made her way down the path, she thought she heard someone talking. Her first thought was that people were having a conversation, and so she would hurry on past and leave them to their privacy. After a moment, however, she realized that there was only one voice. Her curiosity took over and she kept along on the path.

In time, she found part of a person sticking out of the shrubbery. Well, you don't see that every day, she mused. She might have worried it was...a dead body or some such, were it not for the voice drifting out of that same shrub. She moved closer, coming around the corner and seemingly unable to help herself.

"Hello?" she called hesitantly.

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » February 23rd, 2017, 5:58 pm

His browbeating of self was put to pause by the sound of someone tentatively approaching, their voice was certainly curious if concerned he thought. He couldn't imagine why. He had met the M'Hael behind a hedge and Zarayne had all but smashed her skull in at the same place he was now so his mere presence seemed mild by comparison. Perhaps he was just that abnormal, he reflected. Still he did not answer straight away, he might have said something offensive with innumerable words of the disagreeable variety entailed within. He took a deep breath or two and tried to centre himself.

Perhaps it's because I'm pretty much in a hedge? I guess that's not normal behaviour. Or maybe it is and she hasn't been here that long so doesn't realise he told himself with a small measure if mirth and a dollop of bitterness.

"Hello, this is the voice of the Tower's inept speaking, please come and rescue us from ourselves," he stated aloud, there was more amusement than anything lose to his tone of voice, "we are currently trying to hide our shame in this hedge, you may join us if you wish but we make no promises for what might happen"

It was true enough he knew, you had to be crazy to want to live at the Grey Tower. That much was becoming quit clear to him. It was a lucid, special kind of madness which allowed you to spend a lifetime preparing to die somewhere else. Looking at it objectively it was true to him that the entire Tower had contracted it and was deluding itself to muddle through. H didn't disagree with it but he still accepted it as a possible truth. It amused him no end.

He laughed then, a barking type of sound, moving his arms to try to get himself out of his newfound home of foliage. Thorns pricked him and leaves went where he really wished they wouldn't go as he shifted, foliage groaning in protest. He managed to get halfway up and out before he saw the reality - he was stuck. The irony of it all.

"Uh, little help here? Can't get out," he pushed his hand out to his mystery companion for assistance and the last bits gave way and he came rolling out, leaves stuck to him at random, "ah, there we are. Free again, free to do...oh I don't know, something fun hopefully" he patted himself and cam to his knees.

He looked at the woman before him, he had thought as much by the voice but it was always good to check. He bowed theatrically.

"Next performance is tomorrow, same time. And who might you be lady of the Gardens?" he asked as he continued to brush himself off, sure he was missing most of the leaves and twigs.
~
~

Bella

Post by Bella » February 24th, 2017, 5:45 pm

Andraste was not usually at a loss for words. Even when painful subjects arose, or things angered her, she was almost always capable of finding words to speak. It was in her nature, and had been reinforced by her life as a merchant. It had always been of great benefit living in the unique situation she had, in her before time...

Now, however, she found herself at a loss for words, and equally at a loss for how to handle it.

She just stared at the young man who somehow managed to extricate himself from the bushes wherein he had been lodged and she had offered minimal assistance for that process. Larger than she--as most were--with leaves and twigs protruding from various spots, she couldn't get her brain to work suddenly.

Her mouth opened and then shut, and she closed her eyes and shook her head from the surprise of the head. With a soft, almost self-conscious laugh, she finally managed to say, "Andraste. Andraste Alhandra. And...you are...?"

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » February 27th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Silence greeted his grand and undignified entrance, or it might as well have been silence. So few words were mumbled that he had difficulty hearing what they were but he was at the same time thankful he wasn't getting lightning to his chest so he wisely decided not to pass comment. He busied himself with batting away stray refuse of what was once the bush and coming fully to his feet with as much grace as was possible when one looked like a thicket crossed with a child's rattle.

I must really put some effort into being normal one day, for what that's worth he chuckled to himself at that and blinkingly realised that wasn't helping his case against being insane.

He fixed his gaze upon the woman before him, looking her up and down slowly but not in a lecherous manner. She was pretty enough and if she were not shocked out of her usual composure he felt sure he would offer her a dance, maybe a drink. A head shorter than he, or just over, with dark eyes and slightly darker skin. Kandori, he thought, he had seen many of them in Arafel. The Tower did indeed train those from all walks and places in life. He finished his self-patting and stood to look at her with his hands behind his head, a little pink tingeing his cheeks.

"I am but a traveller from the hedged realms, far from home and probably in need of some tongs to remove these damned thorns" he reflected aloud, honesty as always coming forth but this time combined with some sarcasm.

He wondered if he should just beg off the meeting, fleeing the site to hopefully never be caught in such a way again. He decided against it by a knife's edge, mostly because he would never live down being a coward but could deal with some jokes at his expense should it come to it. He blew a few stray pieces of hair away from his face and smiled broadly. If you were in for a copper then you might as well go for a gold too.

"But where are my manners before such a flower," he shook his head at himself, "my name is Alrim Farshera, Andraste Alhandra of the Gardens" he bowed deeply as h had seen Gleemen and assorted performers do so often.

"I am but a humble Drin, one who is perhaps reforming too slowly from a previous life than other would like. To meet such as you in this way sums up my life quite neatly so I hope that I have not disturbed your day. Is there aught that I might do for you, Lady of the Garden?" he asked.
~
~

Bella

Post by Bella » February 27th, 2017, 9:44 pm

It takes all kinds, Andra reminded herself. And truth was, as much as she was perplexed by the man before her, she was equally amused and it showed in the small, curiously-bemused smile that curved her mouth as she rather brazenly rose on her toes and plucked a pair of remaining leafy twigs from his hair.

She made a guess that he was older than she, by a few years perhaps, and that was a comfort. The Novices were all so bloody young.

"My day remains undisturbed," she declared, her usual confidence returned as she tossed the hedge's tiny brethren back to it. "I was simply out taking a walk, as I frequently do these days. I dislike being confined to the indoors when it can be helped, and so here I am." She paused and tilted her head.

Her eyes took him in again for a moment before she said, "What, may I ask, were you doing? Were you trying to form the first human-hedge hybrid? I can't imagine you'd have much luck..."

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » February 28th, 2017, 8:13 pm

He chuckled as she reached up to pry loose a few pieces that he had missed. His hair was so unruly these days it probably made little difference to its neatness but it was a nice gesture and he nodded his thanks at her. She seemed to recover some of herself as the moments passed, growing more self-assured and perhaps a touch regal. She might have been a noble, or at least of the wealthier stock. He knew not and didn't think it his place to stick his nose into her affairs, it would only serve to get it shortened most likely. Women were tricky beasts at the best of times.

"Oh it's this damned ko'di business, the Oneness and all the other fancy names for being all centred and graceful and all that other Gaidin nonsense" he told her, a touch of annoyance in his voice.

He had tried so often and failed so many times he had almost given up on the idea. Yet he couldn't not until he had tried everything he could think of. If he was going to promise to protect people, or a certain individual, then he was going to make it as good a thing as he could. He was told that it took some many years to learn the Oneness. He didn't have the time as he was old enough already. So he pushed himself, inventively when required.

Wonder if hanging upside down would help? I mean I'd look like an idiot but I'm running out of ideas he told himself bitterly.

"I had some theory about nature being peaceful and maybe the closer you were to it the more relaxed you would be," he told her sadly, "I might have taken it a bit too far, no? Though you raise an interesting point, maybe I could talk to one of those plant channellers, see if we can't have some fun. Still, I am glad that your day was not ruined"

That was pure, honest truth. He disliked being a burden to others, he tried to be a decent sort where he could. Most of the time it didn't work as planned but he tried. He made a mental note to visit the orphanage again over the coming handful of days. It had been too long and he had promises to keep. He had to get a piece of cotton from somewhere too.

"Not seen you before Andraste and I come here quite often. Are you new? Or are you just quite quiet? Wait, you don't have that vanishing talent I've heard whispers about do you? If so please teach it to me, I'd love to vanish for a day or two"
~
~

Bella

Post by Bella » March 1st, 2017, 12:38 am

The man was a talker, of that she could well be convinced. Not that she didn't have it in her to be as well from time to time, although less times here in the Tower than when she'd been on the road. But she still wasn't sure if she would have been a match for him. She wondered what would have happened had they met over the bargaining table.

"I suppose I am just quiet," she said, replying first to the last thing he'd said. "I know of no vanishing tricks. There are different things you might be thinking of, but they are not abilities I'm learned of. I would not mind them myself."

She paused and considered the other things that he had said. "I'm afraid I don't know much about achieving ko'di, for it was never a thing I needed to know before the Tower and it's not emphasized so much for a Novice as for a Drin. But perhaps it may simply be that you are trying too hard? Sometimes what we want most eludes us just when we want it most."

Andy
"A Crown of Swords"

Post by Andy » March 2nd, 2017, 6:06 pm

"Shame, shame, could be something useful. Especially when hiding from the Mistress of Novices eh?" he chuckled and blinked, coming to the realisation that he had pretty much just talked over her or at her, not with her.

Pink tinged his cheeks and self-admonishment soon followed in its wake within. He had not meant to, it had just been such a strange meeting that he had babbled. He was known as a babbler he was sure. If you wanted a city wall toppled with words Alrim Farshera was your man. Or perhaps falling onto the enemy from below, he'd settle for that. He wondered idly, and with much amusement that must have played upon his face, whether it would be possible to talk a Myrdraal to death. It seemed unlikely but perhaps he could set it up one day to find out.

A slow death, just how we like it he noted.

"Perhaps you are right, I've tied everything and it just gets annoying after a while. A small break perhaps, I shall defer to your wisdom Andraste" he responded as he took a deep breath and bowed to begin anew.

If hew going to do it then it would be done right, he had started with the philosophy of lat and was damned sure going to do his best to follow through with it until it became second nature. He reflected that this might be why he was having problems with things like the ko'di. He was pulling himself in many directions, perhaps he would have to finish one to start another for once. He might have reached his limit for now.

"But I realise that I have not conversed with you, just babbled on. I am sorry for that Andraste. Poor manners from a poor man, quite literally actually," he chuckled, "may I ask where you hail from and what brings you here to this, the greyest of the grey in all the lands? And how are you finding life here?"
~
~

Bella

Post by Bella » March 2nd, 2017, 9:14 pm

"Please, you needn't apologize," Andra said with a small smile and wave of her hand. He was a little hard to follow, although maybe she was still distracted by the initial entrance...but he didn't seem malevolent in any way. As such, she didn't mind. Admittedly, so far at the Tower, she had met generally nice people.

That had made being here easier than she had expected that it would be.

She turned slightly and gestured to the path. "Would you care to join me on my walk?" she offered. At his nod, they fell in step--as well as they could with their disparate heights--and started back on the path. Andra liked the leisure of the walking.

"I am from Kandor," she began to answer his questions. "And I recognize your adornments--" She nodded at the bells in his hair. "--as that of a fellow Borderlander. So, well met." She paused as to the rest of it. After all, her path her was a tragic one. The thought of it did not hurt the way it used to, but it still wasn't...pleasant.

"I am here because it was discovered I could channel, and I would have been a danger to myself and others without training," she went on to say, which was all true. It just wasn't the whole story. "And you? What brings an Arafellin to these walls?" Although this place really had all kinds.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik