Sweeping away the Past [open]

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Jon
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Laoise "Lee" Arged, Novice

Re: Sweeping away the Past [open]

Post by Jon » April 5th, 2017, 3:43 am

Lee’s body began to rack with the sobs that she’d held tight inside of her since coming to the Tower. The fear, the worry, the sheer terror of her actions haunted her, thick claws of shame digging into her flesh and tearing out pieces of her soul with every passing day. It was only in this conversation with another, with this Aes Sedai, that Lee had even been able to admit her fear to herself, let alone to someone else, and the confession of her deepest secret had pried loose one of those claws, leaving a gaping hole inside her. How could she go on being? How could she be Laoise Arged? Better that she cut off her own hand than ever do violence to anyone! She felt more than hearing the words that the Aes Sedai spoke over her, words of instruction--always instruction first. Every moment was a lesson, and Lee sobbed harder as she realized that she had so much to learn.

The whole of it was worthless.

The touch of the Aes Sedai’s hands on her shoulders brought Lee up short, the sobs receding at the connection made by physical touch. She still shook from time to time as her lungs fought to regain the air lost in crying. “I…” started Laoise, fighting to regain her composure. “I will, Aes Sedai,” she replied, “I will not be afraid.” Her conviction was flimsy, a small leaf floating in the maelstrom of her emotions, but it could not be destroyed. It was the leaf, accepting all that came to it and riding the winds until it found its resting place. Lee could survive this. She could overcome the whirlwind within her. She was the Leaf, and she knew her way.

“Thank you, Aes Sedai,” Lee said as she tightened her grip on the broom and set her bloodshot eyes on the path before her. “If you’ll excuse me, I do not think Velanya Sedai would be pleased if I missed my next lesson because I was finishing a chore she set me.” Lee tried a weak smile on the Aes Sedai, but her heart was not fully in it. Soon enough, though, she would smile like she had before coming to this place. She just had some answers to find within herself first.
This is Laoise, or Lee for short.

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: Sweeping away the Past [open]

Post by Craig » April 5th, 2017, 11:05 am

OOC: I'm assuming this is the end of the thread?
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik