Unscheduled Check-in [attn: Bella/Andraste]

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: Unscheduled Check-in [attn: Bella/Andraste]

Post by Roan » February 10th, 2017, 5:41 pm

Tia Tomosan
There was compassion in Tia’s expression as she listened, though as Andraste explained that the man was her husband, and the woman her lover, she couldn’t hide her surprise. She hadn’t really learned to mask her emotions as many of her Sisters seemed to do. “Husband and lover? How. . .” she trailed off before she said something she might regret as she noted the fire in Andraste’s eyes.

As a Green, she’d heard of her battle sisters and brothers taking multiple Warders, and sometimes, there were romantic bonds, but truth be told, she hadn’t really given it much thought. Then there were the Warders in Arches. . .she’d been bonded and romantically involved with both. Fully raised to the Shawl she might be, but in many ways, the Green was still somewhat naive. Perhaps not as naive as she once was, thanks to a certain Asha’man.

Pushing certain distracting thoughts of Jaryd aside, Tia felt heat bloom on her cheeks, and looked down. “I was about to say I didn’t know, but that would be stating the obvious,” she cleared her throat and cast a sidelong glance towards Andraste. “I mean no disrespect, Andraste, and I am sorry for my initial reaction. I must admit I have not met anyone who’s had a husband and lover in such a manner. Those who’ve been married and had a lover unbeknownst to their betrothed? Yes, but in such a relationship where. . .”

The Aes Sedai trailed off again, realizing she was likely babbling and sounded anything but respectful. Perhaps naive was an understatement for Tia. She shook her head slightly, “I find myself tripping over my words, even when trying to explain I mean no disrespect in words or reaction. Aes Sedai I might be, though young and quite naive in many way, I’ll admit.”

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » February 11th, 2017, 2:48 am

Andra did begin to prickle slightly, at first, but then she realized that her life story was making an Aes Sedai awkward. She knew better than anyone that her lifestyle was not shared by many, so she couldn't really judge the surprise. And there didn't seem to be any judgment or...censure in return. That made her ease back.

She inhaled slowly and stamped down all the emotions rising, nodding slowly.

"I chose a life that is not known by many. I've heard the Aiel have sister-wives, and that is close...but that instead of the husband being the pin, it was me. Belenus..." She sighed wistfully and traced a palm with the thumb of the other hand. "Bel was like my sun. Chandra was my moon. They were different, yet whole. They were..."

Her throat tried to close with emotion, but she forced it away. "They were my everything. It didn't matter if anyone else understood the relationship we had. It was what mattered to us. It worked for us."

Roan

Post by Roan » February 11th, 2017, 5:43 pm

Tia Tomosan Sedai
Tia listened with compassion as Andraste shared somewhat intimate story. The idea of being involved with not one, but two people? Three people becoming a loving family together despite being contrary to convention and expectations? The concept of allowing yourself to love more than one person at once?

It was all very new to Tia, but then the Aes Sedai hadn’t yet been in a serious relationship with anyone. Jaryd. . .oh, how he showed her the world, but they were not a couple. They were friends, perhaps a tad more than friends, but while the two genuinely cared for one another, the nature of their friendship hadn’t drastically changed. . .not really, anyway.

It was odd, but Tia felt a twinge of envy towards Andraste. The woman knew who she was, and dared the world to challenge her for it. Novice she may be, but Andraste nearly had the air of an Aes Sedai. . .at least in Tia’s mind.

Tia spoke softly, “The world’s opinion on who you are, and what you mean to another person or other people should not matter. Too often, we allow others to dictate who and what we should be. I admire your courage to be who you are. I know the words are hollow at this point, but I am so sorry for your loss, Andraste.”

I am sorry we didn’t arrive sooner. . .perhaps we could have made a difference. Perhaps they’d still be alive. The thought went unspoken. No need to put salt on a wound.

“I can’t even begin to imagine. . .” she trailed off. The silence between them seemed to stretch uncomfortably, and she cleared her throat, “I. . .”

Once again, Tia trailed off. She was about to admit she’d never been in love, but thought better of it given where their conversation had gone. She found herself feeling somewhat inadequate sitting next to Andraste. The Novice’s confidence in who she was shone like a beacon to Tia. In stark contrast, Aes Sedai she might be, but uncertainty was an uneasy bedfellow for Tia. Perhaps she’d been too sheltered growing up in a family with a Gaidin mother and Asha’man father, though she’d not trade her family for anything.

Realizing she’d trailed off again and the uneasy silence seemed to grow, Tia turned her gaze to the Novice, “Forgive me. I am not usually so awkward a conversationalist. My intent was to see how you were adjusting, but our conversation has me more contemplative than I expected.” She offered a shy, almost awkward smile, “I am sorry too if I brought up a painful subject regarding Belenus and Chandra. They sound as if they were amazing people, and I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to know them.

“I do hope, though, that perhaps we can grow to know one another. I know this can be a hard place if you don’t have friends, and I meant what I said before. . .my door is always open to you,” Tia finished, feeling awkward.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 12th, 2017, 9:18 pm

Andra pulled a strand of errant hair behind her ear as she looked around and pulled the memories back in. She grabbed each one and tugged it down into her core, getting control over them and herself once again and just leaving the little ball of anger in its place. It existed like the stopper in a tub's drain--just to keep things down than up.

"Thank you," she said. Her voice sounded a little distant, but she smiled slightly to try to ease that. "I appreciate it. Though... I mean..." She laughed softly and shook her head. "How many Aes Sedai are friends with Novices in this place? Is there not a rule against it or some such?"

Roan

Post by Roan » February 13th, 2017, 4:59 am

Tia Tomosan Sedai
Tia gave a soft laugh of her own and shook her head, “There is no official rule about Aes Sedai being friends with Novices. As for how many Aes Sedai are friends with novices? I couldn’t say, and to be frank? I’m not sure I care.” She gave Andraste a sidelong glance.

After a moment, she added, “Though. . .I will admit that if there were an official rule, then it might be another story. I’ve been told by more than one person that I am Miss Propriety. I have never been known for breaking rules, so perhaps it’s a good thing there’s no official rule.”

You are rambling. . .why are you being so awkward? an inner voice chastised Tia.

Pushing the errant thought aside and clearing her throat, Tia attempted to move to safer subjects, “How are your channeling classes going?” Sure, she could have spoken with the Mistress of Novices, but why go to her when she could ask Andraste directly?

Bella

Post by Bella » February 14th, 2017, 3:36 pm

"They are going as well as could be expected," Andraste replied, perhaps a little too quickly, because she was eager to move away from the topic of the past and her beloveds. There was only so long she could survive thinking of Bel and Chandra before she lost her mind completely, unable to feed the anger with those emotions and instead give into them.

She reflected back on her classes and what channeling she had done so far. It had still mostly been very basic things, which she was doing passably well at but wondered after the more complex weaves.

After a moment, she continued, "It's still all pretty basic. Learning to embrace Saidar and recognize the different elements, understanding how to controls the threads and the theories of weave creations. We haven't yet moved into the forming of many weaves, beyond the simple bits here and there. Still, I am apparently competent at the basics and will likely be moving on soon. So they say."

Roan

Post by Roan » February 18th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Tia Tomosan
Offering a small but warm smile, Tia replied, “The initial classes all seemed to move at a snail’s pace, as I remember. There are reasons for that, but I was more than a little impatient to do more than just make a ball of light or pull individual threads. Once you do get to move beyond the basics, it can be overwhelming, but amazing all at once.”

Memories of her own time in Novice Whites came back to her, and while Tia would not dare wish to return to such a time, the sense of discovery she felt every day was amazing. “The idea that we can seemingly bend the laws of nature is humbling. . .at least it was to me,” she admitted. “Once you have approval to move beyond the bare basics, I would be happy to teach you some more advanced weaves.

“I am not sure if you know what Cloud Dancing is, but it is something I am particularly good at, and would be happy to share what I know. That is, if you’d want to learn,” Tia offered.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 19th, 2017, 11:35 pm

Everything that Tia said sounded about like what she had heard from others, so it was all confirmed...although it didn't make the beginner's matters any less slow. She understood the importance of the caution, however, so she didn't really gripe about it too much. But she did look forward to getting to know more. She looked forward to increasing challenges.

Too much time on her hands could always be a dicey prospect, after all.

"Thank you for the offer, Aes Sedai. I have heard of Cloud Dancing," Andra said with a nod. "It is the ability to manipulate the weather, as I understand it? To draw in clouds and form rain and so forth?"

Roan

Post by Roan » March 4th, 2017, 12:13 am

Tia Tomosan Sedai
The Aes Sedai nodded, “Aye, forming clouds and calling forth rain and snow are part of it, along with producing lightning or fog. I’ve been known to create spikes of ice too, so you can do more than produce clouds, rain and snow or manipulate the weather.

“You do have to be aware of what you are doing, though, especially if you intend to call up a big storm ,or try and change the course of one. There is a balance in all things, and what you do here may have unintended consequences elsewhere. Like. . .diverting a storm here so you stay dry could mean a village elsewhere gets flooded because the storm heads there instead of its original transit,” Tia explained.

Aes Sedai she might be, but it was hard for her to contain her excitement when talking about the weather. “You just need to be aware and not abuse the power you might have in controlling the weather where you are. Oh! And you can also do things like use air to pick up things and move them. When I was an Accepted, I practiced on boulders. To be honest, I’m not entirely sure how practical that aspect of the talent might be, but one of these days, I’m sure it will come in handy.”

Realizing she was rambling, Tia gave an almost embarrassed smile and looked down, “Sorry. I might have gotten carried away a bit. Needless to say, Cloud Dancing is something I enjoy, and I’d be happy to share what I know with you if you are interested. If not, that’s ok too.”
Spoiler: show
My Aes Sedai is not very Sedai like. . .

Bella

Post by Bella » March 4th, 2017, 3:20 am

Andra couldn't help but think that Tia certainly wasn't like the other Aes Sedai she'd been encountering here, but then, there had been when Jaryd Asha'man found her in the gardens in the middle of the night and he hadn't seemed like she thought an Asha'man would be. Maybe it was more her perceptions that were off, rather than the people.

"It is good to enjoy what you do, yes?" the Novice said with a smile smile as she tilted her head. "I loved my life before, being a merchant and on the road. It made it feel less like a profession, and more like a life."

She trailed off and looked up at the sky. Her mind wandered around the idea that the Aes Sedai had put before her. What would it be like to be able to control the weather? Andra had no trouble imagining it as a great responsibility, a broad one, but she found herself liking the idea. She would think it over a little longer, though. She still had much to learn.

With those thoughts, she turned back to Tia Sedai. "I think chances are good that I will take you up on that, once I'm feeling a little more assured in my handling of Saidar."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik