Under the Stars (Bella)

Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Gardens: one of the most tranquil areas of the Tower Grounds. Birds sing in the trees which line the wide paths between beautiful flower beds and serene lakes. There are benches to sit and listen to the waterfall, and there is neatly trimmed grass to lie on and rest. Novices and Soldiers as well as Warders in Training can be seen, sweeping the stone paths as Accepted and Dedicated study from books and relax under leafy trees.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Under the Stars (Bella)

Post by Alianora » January 23rd, 2023, 11:34 pm

Liaran Sedai
While Liaran continued to study Haeden's movements, she did so in almost total silence. She did not want to distract him or startle him. Instead, she focused on enjoying this moment with him, occasionally looking away to gaze at the tiny balls of fire suspended above or at the lake surrounding them. It was quite a beautiful sight, but the vast majority of Liaran's attention remained on the man she loved.

She smiled at Haeden as he corrected the few, very minor mistakes he made, ones so small that she barely noticed the rocking of the boat where they sat. As far as Liaran could tell, he was picking up the ability easily, just as she had thought he would. She wanted to offer him some praise, but even the bond couldn't tell her if Haeden felt capable of listening and rowing at the same time. Not daring to say anything just yet, Liaran hoped that he would sense what she was feeling now: encouragement, appreciation, and pride in him.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » January 28th, 2023, 12:06 am

And he did, of course. He probably could've handled the talking and the rowing together since after he got the initial hang of it, it proved a rather simple task. He was used to doing far more complicated physical activity in the yards. Even so, he didn't feel a pressing need to force conversation either since they were a pair with an appreciation for companionable silences.

Eventually, though, he knew it had to be growing late.

"Although I'm loathe to even bring it up," he said with a smile, still rowing their lazy course while he began, "we have been out here for a while. Are you going to soon be required back to the festivities? I'm hoping there won't be any Blue search parties looking for you. Worse yet if they're led by my sister." His smile became a crooked one in his jesting.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » January 30th, 2023, 11:00 pm

Liaran Sedai
As the boat moved across the lake, Liaran closed her eyes to take in the peace and quiet surrounding them. It was not entirely silent, of course; if she paid attention, she could easily overhear the nearby party. The Aes Sedai simply chose not to, preferring to spend a few short moments focused on nothing but herself, her Warder, and the boat where they sat. Liaran knew that time would not last long, and opened her eyes without hesitation as soon as Haeden spoke to her.

She smiled at him, even giving a short laugh before responding, "No, there will be no search parties coming after me, with or without Sadira. Since I helped set up earlier, I'm not required to also help with cleaning up and putting everything away." With a tilt of her head, the Aes Sedai gazed up at the tiny fireballs she'd woven earlier, still suspended over the water. She shrugged and said, "I will need to extinguish the lights I made, though, and it would be polite to help the others even if it's not expected of me." It was with more than a little regret that Liaran concluded, "If you can, we should probably start heading back to the shore."

Bella

Post by Bella » February 3rd, 2023, 10:51 pm

"I think I can manage that," he said with a quiet chuckle, starting to row them back toward shore. It took a bit of trial and error to get them going in just the right direction, but he managed it without tipping them over. "I'll even help with the cleanup. I'm not expected anywhere from here on, after all."

It was just a few minutes more and they were back at the shoreline. This was where his knowledge fell. "How close to shore am I meant to get?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » February 7th, 2023, 2:58 am

"You don't have to stay and help just because I am," Liaran pointed out, "but I'm sure it would be appreciated. I am glad you aren't needed anywhere else, since it is getting late." The Aes Sedai gazed out at the water, enjoying their last few moments on the lake, until Haeden spoke to her and she turned to look at the approaching shore.

She answered, "Try to get close enough that we can pull the boat onto the shore once the water gets shallow enough, but not so near that we get stuck." With a smile that was intended to be encouraging, Liaran told her Warder, "Don't worry about it; if we're not close enough, we can always swim to shore." That was something the Sea Folk woman could normally do with no difficulty, but she frowned down at her silk skirt, rethinking what she'd just said. Maybe not in this.....ridiculous shorebound clothing!

Another potential problem occurred to her as well, one Liaran was startled to realize she had not thought of before now. "Can you swim, Haeden?" she asked curiously. She had learned almost as soon as she could walk, but suspected it might have been much harder to learn for Haeden, who as far as she knew had never lived near water.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 9th, 2023, 9:17 pm

Peering over the edge of the canoe as best he was able without tipping it, he focused for several moments on getting them to that "middle ground" she had directed. He really didn't feel like having to deal with too much water because he didn't get them close enough, but he didn't want to ground them either...

Her words pulled him back from his too-intense-for-this-simple-a-task concentration, and he smiled a bit ruefully. "Somewhat," he responded. "We did used to go into rivers whenever we visited family in Saldaea, and sometimes places not far from here, so I think I know enough to not drown...but not much more. It just hasn't been a skill I needed."

With that, he rowed them a little closer and then said, "Okay, I think this is good... I hope." He laughed a little at that.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » February 13th, 2023, 11:32 pm

Liaran Sedai
The boat was still floating when Haeden stopped rowing, and Liaran scooted closer to its side. Peering down into the water, she could see the bottom of the lake, informing her that it would be shallow enough to walk through to reach the shore. She turned back to her Warder and told him, "This is a good place to stop, you did well." With a smile, she added, "You won't even have to try to swim...though I hope you know that I would never let you drown."

She bent her head to look down at her own feet as she pulled off the shoes she was wearing. While they were sturdy enough that she could wear them outside, they were still meant to be worn with her dresses, and Liaran did not think wading through the water in them would be a good idea. With the shoes in one hand, she stood up slowly, doing her best not to rock the boat. She looked around at the lake to see others also heading for the shore, or back towards the Grey Tower itself. When there was nobody but Haeden near enough to see, Liaran gathered her skirt in her arms and stepped into the lake, careful to keep the material from trailing in the water. She still had a hand free, which she placed on the edge of the boat, patiently waiting for Haeden to climb out.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 17th, 2023, 11:30 pm

"You won't even have to try to swim...though I hope you know that I would never let you drown."

That made him laugh, flashing her that smile that only she ever got to see. "I should certainly hope not," he said, waiting patiently as she did whatever complex calculations were required to manage a boat, water, shoes, and a dress. Once she looked back at him, he knew it was his turn and he hopped out. (He didn't take off his boots. His shoes had been through worse than a little water.)

Together, the three of them--Haeden, Liaran, and the boat--made it to shore.

With all of that, whatever it was that Bella doesn't feel like writing out, taken care of, the couple started making their way back to the gathering. There was nothing visually obvious about them to show others they were romantically inclined, yet anyone who was the least bit perceptive would be able to tell. Even if only on a subconscious level.

"I enjoyed that," he said after a few moments once they'd began walking. "Thank you."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » February 21st, 2023, 3:02 am

Liaran Sedai
Once she and Haeden had dragged the boat from the water to rest on the shore, Liaran paused to slip her shoes back on. Then she walked beside Haeden away from the lake, glancing up at him with a radiant smile when he spoke to her. "I'm glad you did," she responded. "I'd be happy to do it again if you want to, whenever we can both find the time....especially if we are not at a party and I can wear something more practical than this."

The Aes Sedai shoved a couple of stray pins back into her hair as they continued along the path towards the rest of the party, and busied herself with cleaning up once they arrived. After some time carrying various items back to where they belonged, Liaran excused herself and returned to the lake, where she embraced saidar, using it to slice through the weaves she'd used to suspend her fireballs earlier in the evening. When nothing but the residue remained, the Blue sister left again, using her bond to Haeden to locate her Warder. Stopping beside him, Liaran reached out and touched Haeden's arm. "I'm going back to our apartment," she told him. "Are you coming?"

Bella

Post by Bella » February 23rd, 2023, 1:53 am

"Of course," he said warmly.

While she had been busy, so had he. He had made himself useful as a simple grunt worker, as it might be called, just lending the muscles built from his long years in the Warder Yards to move heavy objects and lift things and stuff of that nature. There was some satisfaction in straightforward tasks like this, so he didn't mind doing them.

Haeden wrapped up his work as soon as he felt his Aes Sedai approaching, of course. Things were just about done, and there were plenty to finish off whatever was left. He moved to meet Liaran as she approached.

The part set off from the party site, seemingly both content with the evening's events and then just as glad to be leaving it to return to the privacy of their own apartment. Neither were exactly extroverted, after all. "Well, I can't say I would want to attend such occasions particularly frequently, but it was a lovely evening all the same."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik