A Healer's Spirit (Attn: Bella)

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Ashfalcon
"The Dragon Reborn"
PC: Darthalien
SC: Illanova Restrov

Re: A Healer's Spirit (Attn: Bella)

Post by Ashfalcon » January 28th, 2023, 5:41 am

Darthalien considered. He certainly didn't mind spending an outing simply supplying tools as needed and watching, but... "I believe so," he said. "It might take a few attempts." He was actually more interested in the Asha'man's solution: it was a good reminder that there ways to be unwell aside from illness and injury. He offered the toddler a smile, but the boy was busy poking at his nose and then inhaling suddenly, as if surprised that he could. "I would like to try."

He knew his strange appearance might cause some consternation, but though the young mother was staring at him she didn't look scared; it was more the look of someone seeing something extremely strange. Which I suppose I am, Darthalien thought, and offered her a smile as well. Something about Gareth Asha'man's presence -- and perhaps his size along with it -- seemed to make it harder for people to worry. That would certainly help, at least until the people of the city grew to know him.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » February 3rd, 2023, 10:25 pm

Gareth offered one more reassuring smile to the young mother and child, then he nodded at Darthalien. "Good," he said simply. "We will move on to the next person." He straightened up and then turned to walk to the next bed where a patient was sitting and waiting. This time, it was a young man. He did not appear to be bleeding from anywhere. He was upright and alert. He did look uncomfortable.

"First, I'd like you to try to replicate the weave before using it. I can recreate it if you need to see it again," he said to his student. "If it appears in order, you can use it on the patient. This weave, fortunately, is fairly benign so it's okay to use it while you're learning." The Healing weave was another matter, but that was for later.

Ashfalcon
"The Dragon Reborn"

Post by Ashfalcon » February 4th, 2023, 4:36 am

Darthalien took his time, spinning out threads of Spirit and trying to mimic the weave he'd been shown. It collapsed twice before he got it to hold, but he was pretty sure that was just because he overthinking it. It probably would have gone fine if he'd just done it. Probably. Caution is still warranted, he reminded himself. I'd hate to find myself accidentally hearing his thoughts or something. The young man was looking back and forth between Dar and Gareth, but he didn't interrupt them. He might be uncomfortable, but apparently he wasn't in any sort of acute pain.

"How does that look?" asked Darthalien, concentrating to keep the weave together so that Gareth could look it over.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 5th, 2023, 12:04 am

Gareth watched carefully, examining the threads of Spirit as they came together, fell apart, came together, fell apart... He had spent years upon years teaching the classes on Basic Healing, so he was pretty accustomed to this process. He was patient but intent, not letting his focus drift away so he could be sure of the weave before they progressed.

He saw the concentration on the young man's face and sympathized. It hadn't taken Gareth much to learn these weaves himself because he had proven to be Talented in it, he had helped many students with it. "You've got it now," he assured. "Now, you can lay it over our patient here. Start with his head and slide it over his body. Take note of what you feel. I'll do the same after you, and I'll see how you interpret it."

OOC: You're free to determine what's wrong with the young guy. It won't be anything too serious.

Ashfalcon
"The Dragon Reborn"

Post by Ashfalcon » February 5th, 2023, 1:08 pm

"Warm," Darthalien said absently, as the weave settled slowly into place. He knew from what he'd practiced already that Spirit weaves allowed him to sense things, to connect to other things, but it was still deeply weird to be exploring the young man's body from the inside out. "Not dangerous, but... warmer than he should be, I think." He let the net settle down further, mapping organs, tracing bones. There. "There's a bad spot in his guts, in this little... pouch off to one side. It would be..." He paused. "It would be his right, down low."

"That's where it hurts," the young man confirmed.

"The whole area is swollen and hot," Dar continued. "I think there's something... blocking it? Or caught on part of it. And..." Was this what an infection felt like, seen from the inside? "...I think it's gotten infected." He didn't think it was life-threatening, at least not yet, but an infection inside the body... He looked across at Gareth. "What now?" He thought he could see how he might remove it, if he traced a line of Spirit with earth and fire, but... Yes, that would definitely be premature, seeing as you've never tried this before.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 9th, 2023, 9:01 pm

"First, release your weave," Gareth instructed, though he was smiling. He enjoyed watching people learn the craft he had spent so many decades on himself. Immediately, he wove his own Delving net and settled it over the young man. After a moment, Gareth nodded. "It looks like you were spot on. Now you can watch as I use a Healing weave."

He faced the young man and offered a reassuring look. "This will only take a moment, and you'll be feeling much better." There was urgency to doing this, but he did not let that show. He didn't mention that if this had gone on too much longer without care, it could have had grave consequences.

"This uses the Simple Healing weave, but to do what I'm about to do successfully requires a certain level of strength and skill with it, but you can still see what the basic weave looks like," Gareth continued. He pulled together flows of Earth and Fire, with a third of Spirit that was half the size of the others. They were 'braided' and turned into a circle, which he then settled over the patient's midsection.

When he was done, he let the weaves dissipate. "Once you've Healed, Delve again to make sure everything is now as it should be." He did that himself and was contented with the results. "Would you like to Delve again yourself to see the difference?"

Ashfalcon
"The Dragon Reborn"

Post by Ashfalcon » February 10th, 2023, 3:14 am

"Do you mind?" he asked, and when the young man shook his head Darthalien formed the weave again and let it settle into place. Yes, the... inflammation was gone, and the infection with it. He thought the young man's body was still a little warmer than it should be, but that should settle now that it was no longer trying to burn out the infection. He nodded to himself, then released the weave.

They moved on to the next patient, a young girl sitting in her mother's lap. "She was running," the mother explained, while the girl looked up at them silently. "There was a hole, and her foot..."

Darthalien nodded and looked at Gareth, who motioned for him to proceed.

With permission given, Darthalien formed the weave again and let it settle over the child. He didn't focus on the her feet -- not yet -- but the child seemed healthy overall. The ankle, though... badly swollen around the joint, tendons and ligaments stretched and in one case just slightly torn. The bones were intact, though, and the pads between them were all in their proper places. "Badly sprained, I think," Darthalien said. "Not broken." He let the weave dissolve, and turned to look at the massive Yellow. "It will heal on its own if she can stay off it, but that would be a matter of some weeks. May I?"

Bella

Post by Bella » February 17th, 2023, 10:59 pm

Gareth appreciated the young man's eagerness and attentiveness, but he still would exercise caution, of course. "Let me just take a moment to see for myself," he rumbled softly, but he smiled to show that it wasn't reflective on Darthalien. Gareth just took his responsibility very seriously and would do his due diligence.

Once his own Delving weave confirmed it, he turned back to the younger man and nodded. "You may, but please hold the weave for a moment so I can observe before you put it to use."

Ashfalcon
"The Dragon Reborn"

Post by Ashfalcon » February 18th, 2023, 1:17 am

Darthalien drew on Saidin and formed the weave. Amusingly, this one came together immediately -- probably because he wasn't second-guessing himself. Then he held it ready, watching as Gareth looked it over.

"Can you tighten it up a bit?" asked the Yellow. "This would work fine for an open wound, but for gentler work..."

Darthalien nodded thoughtfully, then narrowed his threads and pulled them tighter. Tricky... It was, in some ways, more effort, even though it involved less raw power. Still, it felt... lighter? Smoother?

"Better," said Gareth. "Set it in place, but gently. Slow and easy, for this one."

Darthalien forced himself to draw a breath and then release it. Impatience wasn't usually one of his faults, but he was eager to try this... Forcing himself not to hurry, he let the weave settle in.

The girl gasped, she didn't move. "Warm," she said. "It's warm, Mama. Like standing by the fire in winter." Darthalien withdrew the weave, and she said: "My leg doesn't hurt any more." Then she yawned.

Bella

Post by Bella » February 23rd, 2023, 1:38 am

Once Darthalien started to settle the weave, Gareth watched it closely. He still held onto Saidin himself, just to be prepared, but it all went fine and there was no reason for concern. Once the Healing was completed, he Delved himself again to double-check, but everything looked good and he told Darthalien as much.

Gareth smiled at the mother and child next, nodding with a warm smile. "Rest a bit, have a snack and something to drink, and then you can be on your way. Of course, please return if there's further trouble."

With that, he gestured for the Soldier/Dedicated/Bella can't recall which he was when this thread started to follow him. They did not go straight to another patient, though, but a bit off to one side. He turned to Darhalien. "So, how did that feel for you? Was it a struggle or do you feel like it came easily?"

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik