A Night on the Town [Attn: Liaran Sedai]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: A Night on the Town [Attn: Liaran Sedai]

Post by Bella » August 5th, 2018, 11:32 pm

"I look forward to it," he said genuinely.

Before he had the chance to say anything more, their server returned and asked them what they would like to eat. He realized that he hadn't even been thinking about what he wanted to eat, but he covered it by simply asking what the special of the house was for that night. It sounded good enough so he ordered that.

He then settled back in and took a sip of his drink while Liaran placed her order. The server moved away and he turned his attention back to his bond-mate. "I hope that I won't make a fool out of myself while on the ship, though," he said with good humor. "I've only ever been on small vessels. I imagine walking and being on a larger one is quite a change."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » August 6th, 2018, 8:49 pm

Liaran Sedai
Having been distracted by talking to Haeden, Liaran hadn't done more than glance at the choices available for dinner. While Haeden ordered, she scanned the page in front of her quickly, only looking up when it was her turn. Once she'd finished ordering, the server left, leaving the two of them alone again to continue their conversation. Almost as soon as she'd turned back to Haeden, he picked up the conversation where it had left off.

She couldn't help but smile at what he had to say, and was quick to attempt to reassure him. "You get used to it," she said. "You're a Gaidin, I don't think you'll have any trouble keeping your balance." More seriously, she added, "Besides, I'll be there with you. I won't let you fall."

Bella

Post by Bella » August 8th, 2018, 2:38 am

His crooked smile turned into an all-out grin. "So you'll be wardering me," he said, and it was clear that the idea pleased him. He was the Gaidin and it was his job, his duty, and his honor to be her shield and cast his life down to save hers, but the idea of someone willing to take care of him as well--even if just to not fall off a boat--made him very happy.

Haeden truly hadn't realized how lonely he had been until he found someone who made him feel not-lonely when he was with her.

Something occurred to him then, although he debated on how to bring it up. He took a long pull at his drink as he figured out the idea and the words. "You know," he began, "thinking about you helping me on a boat, where I'm not familiar, makes me think... Well, I can tell you're not at your most relaxed around horses. I grew up around them, practically on them. I could help you feel a little easier there?"

He just hoped she wouldn't be embarrassed or offended by the offer.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 8th, 2018, 10:18 pm

Liaran Sedai

Liaran's own smile grew wider as Haeden's did. She was not the Warder in their pair, but that did not mean she wouldn't do her best to look out for him when he needed it, and she was relieved that he wouldn't object to her doing so. Her smile remained until Haeden mentioned that he'd noticed how awkward she could be around horses. She'd tried not to draw attention to it, had never complained about riding, and it embarrassed her that he'd seen it despite those efforts.

Her smile faded as Liaran looked down at the table. You shouldn't be trying to hide anything from your Warder, she scolded herself. She knew that, had known it when they'd bonded, but Liaran was used to keeping her problems from others. Letting Haeden in was something she wanted to do, but it was also an act that sometimes took considerable effort from her. She lifted her head to look at Haeden again. If it had been anyone else sitting across the table from her, she didn't think she would even have tried to respond, but both her trust in him and the bond they shared told her he truly meant well and only wanted to help.

"I don't mind horses," she said quietly. "I'm not afraid of them, I just can't ride. I wish that I could, I don't enjoy being frustrated every time I try, but it never has become any easier for me. I've tried to make myself ride more, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I don't think there's anything you can do about that." She felt vaguely guilty about saying all that, and wanted to look away again, but didn't. "I...appreciate that you'd want to help, though. It..means a lot to me....that you'd even want to try, when most people would just sit there and tell me how easy it is."

Bella

Post by Bella » August 11th, 2018, 3:41 pm

Haeden sensed the shift in her emotions, and he instantly felt bad for bringing it up. He hadn't wanted to cause her any discomfiture in his offer.

The patio was quiet, so he hoped she would not mind his next gesture. He put his hand on the table, stretched out toward her with the palm up in invitation for her hand. "I don't know that anyone else would notice, Liaran," he said softly. "But remember that, well, I've been rather keenly interested in you. And I'm observant." He offered an almost self-deprecating crooked smile.

"I will always want to help you, in anything at all. And I might be able to help more than you suppose. You know me, and I know you. We trust one another. We can be somewhere quiet, just the two of us, with a horse that I know well."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 11th, 2018, 11:35 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran moved her chair a little closer to the table so she could reach the hand that Haeden offered. Placing her hand over his, she wrapped her fingers around his. The feeling of his hand in hers comforted her. Her eyes met his as she admitted, "You're not the only one who's noticed." None of those had been in the least unkind to her about it, but that didn't meant it didn't bother her. With no desire to elaborate on that, Liaran quietly thought about what Haeden had said.

Asking for help was not something she did well. Accepting it was even harder, but Liaran knew it was something she needed to do, and certainly, she trusted no one more than her Warder. What he'd suggested sounded as tolerable to her as it possibly could, given how much she struggled with riding. Eventually she nodded and gave Haeden a small smile, still just a little embarrassed. "I....would like it, if you'd try to help," she finally said, "if you're sure there won't be anyone else around." Allowing Haeden to see just how hard riding was for her would be difficult enough, and Liaran did not think she would be able to stand it if anyone else saw her making a complete fool out of herself.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 13th, 2018, 10:30 pm

Haeden gave her hand a gentle squeeze to go along with his smile. "You have my solemn word," he assured her. "It will be just you and I and the horse," he said. "Sadly, I cannot promise just you and I. The horse has to be there." His green eyes gave a little shimmer of affectionate teasing, a sensation that washed outward over the bond as well.

"But beyond that, it will also be a horse that I choose specifically," he said. "Not just a random steed that the stable happens to have available. I can borrow one from my mother's farm just outside Hama Valon," he said. "She oversees the bloodlines of all the horses bred and born there. So we know them well."

He gave her hand another little squeeze. "It'll be fine. I promise."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 14th, 2018, 9:42 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran wasn't at all bothered by Haeden's teasing, and the smile returned to her face. "I know the horse has to be there, or it really would not go well," she said. "I meant that I'd rather not have any other people nearby." The amusement that had been in her voice quickly faded as she thought about it further. "Whatever horse you pick....I'll probably fall at least once," she warned him. "No matter how calm the horse is, or how well trained, I always seem to end up on the ground when I try to ride. But I will be fine, I'm used to it by now." She squeezed Haeden's hand in return, leaving her hand in his.

Bella

Post by Bella » August 16th, 2018, 11:25 pm

Not resisting the impulse, he lifted her hand and kissed it. "Well, that's the good thing about this plan," he said easily. "Even if you fall, I will be there to catch you."

Haeden didn't have the chance to descend into any more syrupy sweetness since the server came to their table then with a tray of their food, and the pair had to release one another's hands so the dishes could be set down. Once they were, he glanced up at the serving girl with a polite smile and nod and quick thanks.

She gave they a quick bob of a curtsy and then hurried off to her next task. He glanced around. The patio was relatively full with diners and the dull murmur pouring from the open doors showed that the inside was about the same.

Behind them, the sky had continued to darken but there was still enough light and there were lanterns hanging all over the terrace that stood over the patio and offered plenty of light to see and eat by. The atmosphere was quite inviting and, dare he say it, romantic. He turned his attention back to Liaran.

"So, you teach me how to stay on a boat and I'll help you stay on a horse," he said easily. "I think that sounds reasonable."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 17th, 2018, 10:07 pm

Liaran Sedai
"I'll do my best to stay on the horse, so you won't have to," Liaran told Haeden, though she was pleased to know he'd be there if she needed him. Not long passed before the food arrived, and she let go of Haeden's hand, returning her own to her lap, where it remained until the serving girl had disappeared. Once she was gone, Liaran began eating. Her dinner tasted as good as it had smelled on its way towards them, proving that Haeden had done well in choosing this place. A few bites later, she raised her head to smile at him and say so just as he spoke to her.

Liaran smiled anyways while she let Haeden speak. "It sounds fair enough to me," she said, "and I'll be glad to do both of those with you. We make a good pair, don't we?" She leaned slightly forward in her chair as she continued to eat, and the light in her dark eyes as she looked at Haeden suggested that Liaran meant something more than the bond between them.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik