A Night on the Town [Attn: Liaran Sedai]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

A Night on the Town [Attn: Liaran Sedai]

Post by Bella » July 16th, 2018, 12:17 am

One of the other changes that took place when an Aes Sedai or Asha'man bonded a warder was that both parties had to change rooms. Each Ajah wing was built with numerous sizes of quarters, including those with bedrooms for both the channeler and another for the warder, off the main living room space.

Haeden had moved within the days following his and Liaran's bonding into the secondary bedroom in the Blue Ajah Halls.

The reasoning behind this was obvious, of course--to make sure that a warder could more easily reach his charge, and better protect them. The other upside was that if the pair decided to go somewhere, it was just a lot easier to meet up if they each just had to walk out of their rooms into the center space.

Which was what was happening tonight.

Haeden was standing in the center room, dressed casually--that was to say, without any of his leather armor pieces, though he did have his sword on his hip because he went almost nowhere without it. He also had something up his sleeve, or rather, in his pocket. But that was for later. For now, he was just waiting on Liaran before they went into the city for dinner.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: A Night on the Town [Attn: Liaran Sedai]

Post by Alianora » July 16th, 2018, 9:45 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran hurried down the halls of her Ajah, looking forward to reaching her rooms. She and Haeden had plans to go out to Hama Valon tonight, and after a long day in the classroom, she was ready to leave the Tower behind her for the evening. She stopped short when she came to a familiar turn in the halls, one that led to the rooms where she and Shadow used to live. Keep going, she scolded herself. You don't live there anymore. Instead of turning, Liaran continued going straight, redirecting herself to the part of the Ajah quarters which were assigned to those Blues who had Warders.

At first, she'd been nervous about moving in with Haeden. She'd lived alone for long enough that she wasn't sure she'd like having another person in her space, even the one she was closer to than anyone else. Liaran smiled to herself as she continued to move towards their new apartments, remembering how relieved she'd been to find that after the first few days, it had begun to feel entirely normal to have Haeden living with her. It hadn't been long since then, but in that short time, Liaran had decided that she liked their new living arrangement, and it helped that Shadow did too.

When she opened the door, the dog was laying in front of the fire, and Haeden was standing in the middle of the room waiting for her. Liaran smiled at Haeden as Shadow jumped up and rushed over to lean against her legs. She stroked the dog's back for a moment before stepping away, brushing Shadow's hair off the blue pants and blouse she wore. "I'm ready to go whenever you are," she said to Haeden. Looking at the dog, who had not gone far, she added, "That is, if Shadow lets us get out the door."

Bella

Post by Bella » July 17th, 2018, 2:31 am

Haeden didn't mind Shadow at all and in fact greatly enjoyed the dog's presence. He had never realized how much he liked animals until he had a chance to be around one so much. The fact that Shadow seemed to like him just as much certainly helped. He didn't even mind the dog hair, and there was certainly plenty of it.

As she walked in and smiled at him, he stepped forward and stole a small kiss, just because he could. "One of the first things they teach you as a Gaidin is tactics," he said with that crooked smile.

He moved away from her and went to the sofa, kneeling down to reach underneath. When he came back, he had a length of rope with several knots in it. As soon as he held it up, looking at the dog, Shadow jumped over to grab it. She shook her head and ran around the room before settling before the hearth to chew on it.

"And now, a quick exit," he said with another smile, hurrying to the door and opening it for her.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 17th, 2018, 9:59 pm

Liaran Sedai
Liaran laughed as Shadow raced around the room with the rope in her mouth. The distraction was quite effective, keeping the dog entertained while allowing both herself and Haeden an escape. She was still smiling with her amusement when the door shut behind them. "It looks like you and Shadow are getting along well," she said to Haeden, looking up at him as they walked through the halls. She had thought they would, since Haeden liked the dog and Shadow just loved people, but it still pleased Liaran to see it. "How did you know she'd like that rope so much? I never would have thought of it."

Their path through the Tower wasn't slow, but Liaran wasn't rushing either, and doubted Haeden would. They had all night ahead of them to spend out in Hama Valon if they wished. That free time was something Liaran appreciated, since she often spent her days moving from classroom to classroom with few breaks between them. As they approached the main doors to the Tower, Liaran reached to her side, taking Haeden's hand in hers. She wanted to be close to him, and the bond suggested to her that he was not likely to object.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 18th, 2018, 9:59 pm

Haeden gave her hand a gentle squeeze as they walked, reassuring her that he not only didn't mind it but he was glad for it.

"Oh, there've been a few people in the Yards who've had dogs and it was a toy that they all seemed to enjoy. Particularly ones who liked to play tug-of-war, or just have something easy to go running around with. I get the feeling that Shadow will be in that latter category more often than not." He gave her a sidelong, crooked smile.

He opened the door that led outside, letting her proceed him though he was close behind so they didn't have to let go. The air was pleasantly cool at this time of the evening, and the sun was just showing hints of setting. The sky was still mostly blue, but other colors were starting to blend in.

They walked for a little time down the path that would lead them on their way to the city. Haeden said, "I learned of a small eatery in Hama Valon from another Gaidin that I thought might be pleasant to try. In this weather, the tables on the large veranda to the place sounds like it could be quite pleasant. Don't you think?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 20th, 2018, 12:11 am

Liaran Sedai
Liaran smiled back at Haeden, nodding in agreement at his opinion of the dog. "She's out running all the time as it is," she commented. "She doesn't need a toy to encourage that!" She turned away from Haeden then to look forward, but her hand stayed in his. A short time later, they were through the doors and out of the Grey Tower, on the way to Hama Valon. It had been a pretty day, and the setting sun promised an equally pleasant evening. As they walked, Liaran was quite happy just to watch the sky changing colors around them.

The walk to Hama Valon wasn't a long one, and as they drew closer to it, Haeden offered a suggestion of where they could go to eat. Liaran turned back towards him to answer. "That sounds nice," she said. "With weather like this, I think I'd prefer to eat outside so we can enjoy it." That seemed to be what Haeden was thinking as well, and Liaran smiled again, pleased that they agreed. She slowed her steps down a little so Haeden could show her to the place he had in mind.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 20th, 2018, 11:06 pm

"Most certainly," he said affably. Anyone who had known him throughout the Yards over the past years probably would not have recognized him now. It wasn't that he'd been a man constantly in bad humor before, but he'd generally been a pretty serious person. Now, he seemed lighter. He felt lighter. He was training harder and fighting better, and doing it easier.

He squeezed her hand lightly as they neared the city, casting another sidelong smile at her. "How was your day, my Aes Sedai?" Certainly, the bond told him some of the story, but he was interested in all angles. He cared about her a great deal, and maybe beyond that, and everything was of interest to him.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 21st, 2018, 9:50 pm

Liaran Sedai
There had been a time when Liaran would have given Haeden a short, undetailed answer to that question, not wanting to bore him. Now, however, they were bonded, and she could tell that he truly wished to know. She gave Haeden a quick smile before she answered him.

"Mostly, it was just a typical day," she told him. "A couple of Accepted lessons, some groups of novices.....not much different from any other." At times, her days could get a little dull, but for the most part, Liaran wasn't bothered by this. Anything interesting or different during the channeling classes she taught generally was not a good thing. Thinking of that reminded Liaran of the only real incident that had taken place that day.

"I did have a couple of girls go far past the instructions I gave them and try to create a river in the Channeling Yards instead of a puddle. Nothing I couldn't handle, and probably no more than I deserve, since I was not a model novice myself." Liaran had never been one to try to go beyond her limits, but instead had put little effort into her channeling classes, which was no less frustrating for a teacher than the two girls's earlier behavior had been for her. Liaran smiled again, remembering how she'd slowly adapted to her life here. "I learned better over time, and I think these two will also," she said.

She looked over to Haeden again as they walked through the streets of Hama Valon. "And you, my Gaidin?" she asked. "What was your day like?" She doubted she even had the ability to understand what he told her of his training, but somehow felt it important to ask anyways. The bond gave them the knowledge of each others' emotions, but sometimes Liaran thought that she wanted to know more than that, wanted to know everything about him.

Bella

Post by Bella » July 23rd, 2018, 12:43 am

People often asked simple questions like "how are you" and "how was your day," and while they were generally genuine, there was not the same depth of sincerity, of true interest, as Haeden felt when Liaran asked him. It made him smile with appreciation over something so simple as that, and that he was able to tell.

Of course, the idea of her as 'not a model novice' brought him some fond amusement, but he kept it mostly to himself.

"About the same," he admitted. "I spent all day in the Yards giving lessons, both privately and in groups. All of the group classes are basic instruction classes, which can be stressful in making sure that the kids don't hurt themselves. Even though we were never dream of giving them steel at this juncture, there is still more than enough injuries from the wooden training weapons.

"Everyone is supposed to turn left and that one kid turns right, and thwack, someone has a black eye. I think the Yards is probably the entire reason that the infirmary keeps so busy, though thankfully they are most always minor issues. And once they are learned to a point, they are far less accidental danger." He glanced at her again. "I imagine it's the same with channeling classes."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 23rd, 2018, 9:32 pm

Liaran Sedai
Haeden's classes sounded much like her own, Liaran thought, even if the subject matter was quite different. "With channeling classes...it really depends on the person," Liaran answered. "Most girls, once they've been in the Tower for a while, get to a point where they understand the danger of the One Power, and can then be trusted just a little more than the newest novices. But there are always a few who never do learn....and those are the ones you have to watch the most." Liaran smiled to herself, thinking of her students.

They continued down the street, and Liaran said, "But let's not spend our night out talking about work. Didn't we come here to enjoy a short time away from it?" Her eyes moved, taking in the sight of the city around them. She meant to leave any thoughts of the work she did behind her, even if only for an evening.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik