I want to see you dance again [Elan]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Re: I want to see you dance again [Elan]

Post by Sunny » February 27th, 2018, 5:25 am

Jaryd
Jaryd reached up with his free hand to run the back of his finger along Jaren’s jaw, his gaze following the movement before tracing his lover’s lips, then sliding back up to meet pale eyes once more. “You do yourself a disservice, my love,” he said, his voice loud enough to be heard, yet somehow also a heated purr of appreciation for the man who sat beside him. “Don't get me wrong- you are stunning no matter what you wear. However...should you ever change your mind about the ease of wearing black, well...”

His voice lowered even further as he spoke, ending in a smoky rumble that matched the heat in his eyes. His fingers slid from the other man’s jaw to his collar and hooked into the fabric there, pulling him closer until their lips could meet. After the initial rush of heat and fierce joy at the caress, Jaryd took his time in giving his lover a preview of the many ways he might respond to such a decision.

At first he was oblivious to their surroundings. Then a throat cleared twice, a little too close to be another patron. Jaren pulled away and the idyll broke into the mayhem of a busy common room once more. The Altaran turned his eyes upward to find Mari had returned with two mugs of amber liquid in one fist and a wooden platter of bread, cheese, grapes, and sliced meats in the other. As she watched them, the innkeeper lifted one eyebrow without saying a word.

Jaryd promptly had a split second argument with himself, embarrassment warring with the fuzzy feeling in his chest. In the end, the warmth won out by a long shot. The Red gave Mari a wide, easy grin, like a cat caught with cream on its whiskers, and reached for the platter with one hand. The other remained firmly entwined with Jaren's. “This looks good,” he said cheerfully as he moved the food to the table. Jaren had taken the drinks; Jaryd sniffed at his curiously and found the familiar, bitter scent of hops and wheat. “Thank you,” he added in chorus with his partner.

“Just give a shout when you want more, boys,” she said cheerfully. “I’ll be about.”

Jaryd turned to Jaren with a smile, already reaching for a hunk of bread. “Mari’s something else, isn’t she?” He asked. “The first time I came in here she told me off for tracking mud on the floor her maid had just swept. Then she hauled me in the back to get the broom. When she found out she’d just made an Asha’man sweep her floor she said the Tower should include better manners in its curriculum, and that was that.”

The Red’s lips twitched as he piled cheese atop the bread in his hand. “So. Worth being abducted from the Tower so far?” He asked playfully.
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

Elan
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Jaren Marle, Asha'man
SC: Mael Akashi, Asha'man
TC: Delaine Taborwin, Novice
QC: Valentin Akashi, Soldier

Post by Elan » April 18th, 2018, 11:46 pm

Jaren
There was no room for embarrassment in Jaren’s mind as the kiss was interrupted; he didn’t care if the whole world saw, and to his relief Jaryd didn’t appear too uncomfortable with the unusually public display of affection, either. Jaren beamed up at Mari as he took the drinks and voiced his thanks. Somehow her addressing two Asha’man as ‘boys’ didn’t feel anywhere near as ridiculous as it should have, by all rights; even Jaryd, who was older than Jaren sometimes cared to think about.

Jaren gave his lover a slightly wry grin at the question. “So far it’s rather more fun than the last abduction, yes,” he said without thinking. Then he realised what he’d said and made a face; that was not a topic he’d meant to revisit this evening. It was bad enough that Jasin was still moping over supposedly failing him as a Warder, and he didn’t want to remind Jaryd of the incident when everything was fine now. (And, honestly, he didn’t particularly want to think about it himself.)

“By which I mean, yes,” he went on, smiling his easy smile again, “absolutely worth it.” We’re both alive; Light, let’s not dwell on how close it came to not being the case. Let’s just be alive, tonight. He reached to daintily pick a grape off the platter… And then he could hear the first notes of the harp from where the gleeman was beginning to play. Jaren glanced towards the sound, then looked back at Jaryd and tilted his head. “…I think you promised me dancing?” It really had been too long since they’d had a chance to dance…

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » April 28th, 2018, 6:43 pm

Jaryd
The harp caught Jaryd’s ear just as he saw Jaren’s expression change, and the Red began to smile before his lover even spoke. Light, it was good to simply be together. Too often they were rushing in opposite directions, their work carrying them to different parts of the Tower at best, complete opposite ends of the earth at worst. There had been a time when Jaryd had preferred that arrangement, but...something had changed, much for the better.

“I certainly did,” the Altaran agreed in something very near a purr. He pushed his chair away from the table and stood, then offered his hand to Jaren with a flourish and a bow, dark eyes twinkling as they slid up to peer at Jaren’s face through long lashes. “If you would honor me with this dance, my love?”

Jaren’s agreement was immediate, to the surprise of neither of them. Jaryd tugged Jaren after him without a word, leading the way to the space cleared for dancing. When their bodies met, Jaryd found they knew one another better than they had in that cursed ballroom, moving through the steps of dance with ease. He didn’t speak beyond an errant murmur of affection for a while, but eventually Jaren’s comment about ‘the last itme’ came back to him and his finger tightened ever so slightly against his partner’s body.

“Not to mar this beautiful evening, but how are you, really?” he asked, his voice pitched for Jaren’s ears alone. “What you went through...it’s no small thing.”
Image Image Image Image

Elan
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Jaren Marle, Asha'man
SC: Mael Akashi, Asha'man
TC: Delaine Taborwin, Novice
QC: Valentin Akashi, Soldier

Post by Elan » May 27th, 2018, 7:58 pm

Jaren
The music, the sounds of conversation and laughter surrounding them, Jaryd’s body against his; Jaren closed his eyes to simply savour the feeling, letting Jaryd’s sure lead guide him through the steps. This was… comfortable was the best word he could come up with. He could relax into the dance, not think about anything in particular. How did I ever get this lucky?

He felt the shifting, the slight tension in his lover’s body that alerted him before the question was voiced. And though he wouldn’t have brought up the topic himself, not tonight, Jaren didn’t mind that Jaryd did. “I suppose it wasn’t,” he murmured. “And I’d be lying if I said I’m not affected at all.” Jaryd knew about the nightmares; they were thankfully not frequent, though never pleasant when they did occur, but the thing about nightmares was that he always woke up from them. Mael had tried to teach him to wake himself up at will, though he’d yet to master that skill, but those dreams never lasted very long and then Jaryd was there…

“But, really… I always knew you’d come for me.” It was difficult to put into words, that unshakable faith that had kept him from despair when the walls of the White Tower dungeon closed around him. He ducked his head, briefly letting it rest against Jaryd’s shoulder before looking up again. “I’m alright,” he said softly, “or I will be. It’s…” He trailed off, looking for words. It was a little odd to talk about; on one hand he wanted to be honest with his lover, and on the other he didn’t want him to worry, and on yet another he was a Healer and knew that whatever he was going through was something he just had to process with time.

“It’s worse when I’m alone,” he said eventually, “especially at night, but I’d say I’m managing well enough. Besides,” he added, “I’m never completely alone.” Even if the one sharing his headspace seemed to be dealing with it all somewhat worse than he was.

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"

Post by Sunny » June 14th, 2018, 7:30 pm

Jaryd
Jaryd studied Jaren while he spoke. For the most part it was the gaze of a man besotted, because that was, in fact, Jaryd’s general condition anytime he was near the Andoran and he’d long since given up on controlling the experience. Why should I? He’s mine. The simple certainty of their relationship never failed to take the Altaran’s breath away.

The part of Jaryd that was Red, however--the part that noticed and recorded and cataloged every detail no one wanted him to see-- that part watched more carefully. Jaren had a tendency to downplay his troubles, and Jaryd wanted to be sure that wasn’t the case now. It was -of course it was- but not to the degree Jaryd had feared. He hoped.

“I am glad you have Jasin. Truly! The salty bugger’s grown on me.” His teeth flashed in a genuine smile. “But...I’m here for you as well. You just have to tell me and I’d Humpty-Dumpty the Queen of Andor to be there for you.” Jaryd himself would work harder to ensure Jaren need ask as little as possible. He would begin with nights; he could read in bed as easily as he could atop a roof, after all, and thus minimize the times Jaren woke up alone.

Strange, how easily he made decisions that he used to balk at even thinking about.

“As for the rest...of course I came for you,” the Altaran confirmed with careless confidence. The tempo and rhythm of the music had shifted; they moved along with it. “I would fetch you from Shayol Ghul itself if I had to, and give the Dark One a migraine along the way for daring to inconvenience you. Althooough…” he pulled his head back to grin at Jaren, lopsided and flirtatious, “it shouldn’t always be me saving you. How do you feel about being the hero of the story next time?”
Image Image Image Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik