Entering a New Life [Attn: Bedwyn, son of Llyr]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Entering a New Life [Attn: Bedwyn, son of Llyr]

Post by Bella » July 20th, 2017, 1:55 am

Isla felt an unexpected choking of emotion in her throat as he spoke and she bit the inside of her lip, looking into her cup to hide the silver sheen burning across the surface of her eyes. She knew that she was tired, and feeling the weariness and lingering trauma...so it wasn't surprising she was emotional.

Still, she found it unbecoming of herself.

"Thank you, Bedwyr," she said quietly, forcing the words past the slight clenching of her throat. "I don't feel very brave, though. I don't really have many other options. I don't want to die so I need training." Is that true? Do you really want to live? She didn't listen to that voice, because she felt even the question was an affront to the Light.

Then again, wasn't she also an affront to the Light now? Or was she... She was confused, that's what she was.

"Your support and friendship means a lot. You certainly have no reason to be so kind to me."

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » July 20th, 2017, 2:22 am

Bedwyr
A deep rumbling emanated from Bedwyr's throat before he spoke. "That is not true," he said lightly (for an Ogier), eyebrows twitching. "You have been a most welcoming companion. Many would not travel with an Ogier. Even once they moved beyond thinking I was a Trolloc, my... size can make things difficult." How many inns had they not been able to sleep in due to that? At least four, and that ignored the ones where he was offered a barn or stable instead.

He glanced around at the other patrons of the tea house, wary about so many ears that could be (or were forced to) listening to their conversation.

Bedwyr leant forwards, making his voice genuinely quiet. "Men live lives that are so different in comparison to my people. We move at a different pace from the rest of the world. You may think of us as slow, but we think of you as rash. The Breaking was certainly not the result of patient thinking." Again he made a rumbling sound in his throat. "But I've met a few people who have a more Ogier way to living. And by that I mean..." He turned bodily in his seat to look towards the Grey Tower, then looked back to ensure his reference wasn't lost on Isla. "But older Aes Sedai have no interest in friends amongst the Ogier." His eyebrows and ears wilted. "I've had it happen before."

"That's a part of why I am happy to stay nearby. I don't enjoy being a curiosity for people to question, nor a labourer constructing yet another building. I want to have a name and a story to tell. Bedwyr, son of Llyr, friend to Isla. I want the records to show how an Ogier and an Aes Sedai became good friends. I want those people to be the two of us."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » July 21st, 2017, 2:25 am

His words managed to further touch her in an unexpected way, and she had to swallow hard again against another wave of emotion.

The truth really was that he'd had no obligation to help her, or befriend her. She was a disaster when she escaped the dungeons and her shackles, and he'd been kind to her. He'd helped her gain some sort of clothing, rather than the shift alone she had worn. He'd made sure she tended her wounds. Saw her fed.

And now... Well, after her own people--those she called family--had turned on her, his show of kindness was almost more than she could bear. It almost hurt.

To think of herself as becoming Aes Sedai was also almost too much to bear, but she could not contradict him. She swallowed hard again, forcing both her stomach and her heart down into their proper places as she managed a small but tender smile back at him. "I would like that story," she finally managed to say. "We...we shall write it, you and I."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik