Merchants, Cheats and Gaidins oh my! [attn: Bella and Andraste. Thread Roulette]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: Merchants, Cheats and Gaidins oh my! [attn: Bella and Andraste. Thread Roulette]

Post by Roan » May 8th, 2017, 3:20 pm

Riahana Gaidin
Riahana watched Andraste and the merchant go back and forth on the price. Her lips twitched and she found herself nearly laughing at the banter the two shared as they negotiated on the price of the ring. It was a skill the Gaidin had never learned, though she saw how useful it would be in such circumstances.

As the ‘negotiating’ came to an end, Andraste looked to her, smiling, “I am unsure of your budget, but that is a fair price for that item. Does that work for you?”

Clearly impressed, Riahana nodded, “I find it more than acceptable.” She looked to Thelonius and reached into a leather pouch buckled to her sword belt. It only took a moment or two for her to pull out the negotiated amount, and she offered the payment to the merchant. While she’d been doing that, the Carn brother took time to place the ring in a small box. The exchange was made, and Ria said her thanks to both brothers before turning to Andraste and offering a warm smile, “I think I need to learn negotiating skills from you, Accepted. That was amazing.

“Thank you for your assistance, both in pointing out the flaws with the first merchant, and then helping me with these merchants. I know for Gareth it is more the thought that counts, but I’d rather give him something of high quality than not. I am in your debt,” she said as she tilted her head in a slight nod.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Merchants, Cheats and Gaidins oh my! [attn: Bella and Andraste. Thread Roulette]

Post by Bella » May 8th, 2017, 10:46 pm

Andraste inclined her head respectfully. "Please, there is no debt," she said easily, straightening up and smiling. She smoothed her Accepted dress needlessly over her torso, but she found herself jittery with the energy of the dealing. It reminded her of the good old days and happy memories of Belenus and Chandra.

She even remembered Chandra helping her pick a gift for Belenus, just like Andra had just helped the Mistress of Arms. "It was my honor. It was actually a pleasure. I feel almost as though I owe you a debt!" she exclaimed with a laugh.

Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Post by Roan » May 9th, 2017, 7:11 pm

Riahana Gaidin
Riahana laughed softly, “Needless to say, you owe me not a thing. It was pretty clear to me you were in your element back there. If you are not careful, I may request you join me anytime I need to shop for gifts to make sure I’m not only getting quality merchandise, but for a fair price too. That, or perhaps I should just get you to teach me how to negotiate.”

Her business in town concluded, Ria was about to head back to the Tower. She offered the Accepted another warm smile, “At the moment, though, I do not wish to take up too much more of your personal time. I know there is precious little of it when one is a learning rank. While you may not think I am in your debt, if you ever find you might need my assistance, please do not hesitate.” She nodded once more, “Thank you, once again.”

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik