A Most Clever & Poignant Post Title [Attn: Ravak Darrow Gaidin]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: A Most Clever & Poignant Post Title [Attn: Ravak Darrow Gaidin]

Post by Bella » March 3rd, 2017, 4:25 pm

The feeling of him in her mind was familiar yet new. Obviously, she wasn't new at this bonding business, but every time was unique, because every bond-mate was unique. Everything about what flooded her now was intense, but she let it wash over her as though she was a rock in the river. It did not wash her away; she simply became a part of it.

Mia inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly, smiling as he opened his eyes to look at her. She searched his gaze, almost as if seeing it for the first time, and in some ways, she was.

She still felt...almost young again. What was it about this man to have such an effect on her? She could not recall anyone, certainly not in recent history, making her feel this way. Sojin hadn't. Which is perhaps an important sign that that was not your best of choices. But even Miahala was allowed mistakes, right?

This was different, though. Beautifully so, in fact. And she was alive with it.

His kiss and his grin and his words made her laugh. She touched his face again, tracking her fingertips to wipe the remainders of moisture from the corners of his eyes as she smiled. "That sounds like like a very pragmatic suggestions, my Gaidin," she said, eyes lighting with her enjoyment in emphasizing that phrase.

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » March 4th, 2017, 1:16 am

Mia's Gaidin
Ravak rolled onto his back, stretching one arm outside of the bed. "I quite like the sound of that, my Aes Sedai." He wrinkled his nose in amusement, but then a serious thought snared his mood. He knew Mia would have caught the sudden deflation in his desire. "We... need to return to the Tower at some stage. If I came looking for you..." He didn't need to say the rest; the bond communicated his meaning with far greater effectiveness than any words could. It also sent across his reluctance to move, as did the hand that found one of Miahala's thighs to rest upon.

Duty seemed like a strange concept in that moment. A Warder's first duty had to be to his bondmate, and his bondmate -- Light that felt good to think -- his bondmate was right here. Yet they also had a shared loyalty to the Grey Tower, and it was just selfishness to abandon their tasks for this, right?

The ceiling had gone unnoticed under now, even though Rav had been staring at it the whole time. I'll be sleeping under a different ceiling tonight. He wondered if Miahala's bedroom was any less austere than the main chamber of her apartment. Not that it really mattered what the room looked else so long as he had Miahala there with him.

He turned back to face the Saldaean. Yet another serious thought came to him, and he did not sound enthusiastic about its consequence. "I'm going to have to tell Riahana about us." He grimaced. "I'm not sure how she's going to take that."
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » March 4th, 2017, 3:35 am

In a moment that had been so joyous, Miahala was determined to not let it be entirely chased off just yet. Every duty would be tended to and they would return to it, but she fully intended to not let it steal a second more from this moment than it absolutely had to. She sensed, could feel, the shifting waves of his feelings as his mind rolled through all the things that need be remembered.

Just as soon as he turned back to her and spoke, she rose slightly from how she lay. It didn't take much nudging or shifting of her body to put him back on his back and she moved over him, straddling his hips amidst a tangle of sheets.

She placed her hands to either side of his head as she looked down on him, that determination flashing in her eyes. "We will return to the Tower and all that bears with it soon," she assured him. "I would never truly forsake my duties, but I am assured that the world is not falling apart because we are here a little while longer. And we serve the Tower when we are our best selves, yes?"

Leaning down, she kissed him briefly. The elation of their bonding was happy to comply with her stubbornness. "As for my kin..." she said, since who needed to throw around all the terms that would show her age? It just got confusing, anyways. "She is a reasonable woman who knows that I am a grown one. And that I do as I bloody well choose." She smirked.

"Her concern will be that I am protected while out in the world. Assure her of that and there is nothing to be concerned about. And if she should have a problem, she will hear about it from me and she's no keener to see that happen than I am." Perhaps like or unlike other Aes Sedai, Mia chose to make it as much her duty to protect her warder as they to protected her.

Even if that protection--especially if that protection--involved any overprotective family. That was, at least, an easy battle for her.

"So, Ravak, worry less. Love more. We will be back to the Tower very soon, much to the relief of all but us, I'm sure." She smiled and shook her head slightly, shifting long, loose auburn hair out of her face. "I think I feel more now that all is as it's meant to be than I have for a long time."

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Post by Craig » March 6th, 2017, 8:52 pm

Ravak
There were few things in life harder to argue with than a woman who was sitting atop you. Especially when you were quite content to lie back and be bossed around. The kiss definitely helped as well.

"Love more." Was that a pointed comment or just something off the cuff? Through the bond he could feel her happiness and her determination not to let anything spoil this moment. But love? It was precisely that emotion he'd been wrangling with since last night. He'd loved -- or thought he had loved -- in the past, but each of those relationships had been a mistake to one degree or another. Was this mistake number four, or could this time be it? Well, he would bite his tongue figuratively until he could better feel out Mia's emotions on the matter. For now, it had simply been too long since he felt so alive and so wanted.

Ravak's lips quivered between a smile and a grin. "By your command." He leaned up to steal another kiss, prolonged this time. One arm wrapped around the Saldaean's torso, whilst he slipped another around her waist. It took little effort to turn the tables, so to speak. A wild mane of red hair hung down to frame the Shienaran's face whilst he looked down at Miahala.

"So, how late do you want get back to the Tower?"
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik