Skirts, Quirks, and Beginner’s Flirts (Av!)

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Jenn
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Zarius "Zeen" Iiro, the M'Hael
SC: Afanen "Affie" Vallen, Novice

Re: Skirts, Quirks, and Beginner’s Flirts (Av!)

Post by Jenn » March 14th, 2017, 12:11 am

Zeen
He simply stared at her.

The Amadician had never seen someone laugh quite so hard or quite so hysterically of their own volition. The doveling was turning an interesting shade of red, dotted through with mottled pinks. Creator above, there were actual tears leaking out of her eyes!

With as much dignity as he could muster, Zeen very slowly ran his hands through his hair, seeking fingers combing upwards. His brows lowered as he brought them down in front of his face, grey eyes glaring at the thin sections of grass adhering to his skin.

“I did not do anything,” he retorted hotly over the gales of Avyra’s laughter. “You did. I was merely trying to get away.” He grumbled a few more choice phrases under his breath, rapidly passing his hands through his hair, back and forth, before he realized that the effort was futile. He could not see where the blasted pieces of plantlife were. And she was adorable; the sneeze had merely confirmed that fact for him, but he wisely said nothing, watching the Accepted warily instead.

It was difficult to hang onto his annoyance in the face of such unrestrained joy, especially when she was very clearly having such a good laugh. At his expense, but he felt himself softening. He shook his head a little at himself. Zeen squared his shoulders. She was not forgiven yet.

“I am not going to kill you. But I am going to dangle you upside down by one foot until the sun sets if you do not come and pick this grass out of my hair this instant,” he informed her grumpily, the broad man settling down cross-legged on the ground. “And Light help me, if you tickle me again, Avyra Moeryr, I will set your dress on fire.”
Image Image
Jenn's Tracker - come write with me!

"Gravity has a way of humbling a man."

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Avyra *bloody* Moeryr - Accepted

Post by Avyra » March 15th, 2017, 3:45 am

He looked almost hurt. She instantly felt a little guilty after she had composed herself. With a huff, he proclaimed that she get all the grass from his hair and not tickle him again, at the expense of her dress as he sat down in the grass once more.

She smirked, standing, walking over to groom the grass from his dark hair. When sitting, the top of his head was almost level with her shoulders. How did people here get so tall? And big?

"Well," she said. "I wouldn't advise burning my dress. I'd have to get a new one, but more pressing would be the fact that I'd have to return to the Tower somehow, and I'll have you know I'm not that attractive naked." She paused. "I'm actually more embarassing that way."

Once she was sure she got all the blades out, she grinned. "Well, one thing is for sure. Right now, I'm the taller one." She tried to lean out and rest her arm on his head, but his shoulders were too broad for her to reach over. "It feels weird. I never get to see the tops of people's heads. I get to be eye level with chests and see the bottoms of chins. Its fun, I guess." She paused. "But actually not that fun." She huffed. "People also like picking me up and it is extremely infuriating. I am an Accepted of the Gray Tower, not a kitten."

Jenn
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Zarius "Zeen" Iiro, the M'Hael
SC: Afanen "Affie" Vallen, Novice

Post by Jenn » March 20th, 2017, 12:10 am

Zeen
The Asha’man’s look was sidelong, his face tilting up just enough so that he could watch his doveling out of the corner of his eye. “Having never seen you naked, I am afraid I cannot truthfully comment one way or another,” Zeen managed to say as diplomatically as he could, attempting to lean away without being too obvious.

“But I am certain that your nakedness is not nearly as embarrassing or as bad as you seem to believe it is. Nothing about you is as embarrassing or bad or as terrible as you believe it to be.” That was said fondly, his exasperation mild.

He arched an eyebrow at her as her arm, or part of it anyway, came to rest on the very top of his head. “Oh I do not know, I do not think I would complain much if I were eye level with chests. Especially if they were nice chests...” The brown wavy curls beneath her hand shifted. “And I would not pick you up merely to be infuriating. I would do so only with good reason. Perhaps if we were in danger and I had to toss you through a Gateway. Or to settle you on my shoulders. Or if you could not reach something on the top shelf...”

He grinned at her then and ducked, rolling a little out of the way so when her inevitable outrage came, he would be out of reach.
Image Image
Jenn's Tracker - come write with me!

"Gravity has a way of humbling a man."

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Avyra *bloody* Moeryr - Accepted

Post by Avyra » March 28th, 2017, 9:25 pm

It happened pretty fast. By the time she had registered what he had said, he had already rolled away, a futile attempt to be out of hitting range.

"Zarius Iiro!" She snapped, only after realizing that it probably wasn't wise to address the M'Hael by his full name. Not that Zeen was appropriate either, so it probably wasn't too bad of an idea. Her face blushed scarlet, and she sprang after him on light feet, crashing into him, using the full force of her body to bring him all the way down to the ground.

Another thing she didn't think completely through, seeing as she ended up landing right on top of his chest.

She paused, suddenly realizing where she had gotten herself, and blushed even more. But she couldn't just not continue. "I don't get picked up to get things off of tall shelves. I climb them. Obviously." She tried to end her speech with a huff, but she ended up giving a small, accidental giggle instead.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik