A drink [attn; Cat]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Avyra *bloody* Moeryr - Accepted

Re: A drink [attn; Cat]

Post by Avyra » February 24th, 2017, 3:51 am

Avyra swallowed, watching him jump over the edge. So he didn't want her here now? She didn't know what to think of this oddity of a man. So she jumped off and followed, giving a soft huff when she hit her feet too hard on the ground from her landing. She would be sore tomorrow from that drop.

Avyra walked up beside him, almost jogging to keep up. "You're odd," she said, softly. "I'm not sure what to think of you, or how you think of me." She paused. "But I don't just make empty promises. Annoying as I may be to you, I did say I would buy you a drink, and that's what I'm gonna do."

She shrugged. "Besides. I came out to drink anyway. Never done it before but some say it helps. I think it would be better not to try it alone, though."

Cat
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Johan Albaer
SC: Tristram Baryn

Post by Cat » February 24th, 2017, 1:08 pm

Tristram
He hadn’t really expected her to follow. It had, after all, seemed like she couldn’t wait to get rid of him, and Tristram had never been one to burden himself upon others. He preferred to spend time with people who genuinely wanted him to be there, and so he looked at her in surprise and laughed.

“Odd? Me? Pot calling kettle black there, but I release you from any obligation of having to drink to with me. I want to have fun, and I’d rather my drinking companion not spend the entire time glaring daggers at me. But, if you’re willing to let your hair down a bit, then sure, come along. I’m not going to ask why you want it to help, because I’m not interested and I don’t want to know. I’m here to have get drunk, have fun, and not to exchange sob stories. I already did the lecturing thing once before.”
Image..&..Image

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Avyra » February 26th, 2017, 4:54 am

Avyra watched him, listening to his reply. Seemed reasonable. She raised an eyebrow, and followed, jogging a touch so he didn't have to shorten his stride.

"That's fair. I don't want to talk about it either," she replied evenly. "Besides, I wouldn't mind something more... unruly. I used to be the troublemaker around here, actually." She paused. "Maybe it would feel good to have that back." But she was alreadh getting away from her thoughts. "Anyway. Where are the good places?"

Cat
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Cat » February 26th, 2017, 3:15 pm

Tristram
Tristram stopped, then, and turned to look at her, once again arching an eyebrow in amusement. She definitely a strange one, and he wasn’t quite sure what to make of her. She had been about to send to the Master of Soldiers, but now she wanted something unruly-? He wasn’t sure if he was walking into some kind of trap.

Trap or no trap, he certainly couldn’t imagine her having been a troublemaker. Not that he actually had experience of what one was; he didn’t purposely go out of his way to make trouble; he just wanted to enjoy himself and get as far away from his past as he could. He wasn’t going to let his grief win.

“Was running around on roofs not unruly enough?” he asked, shaking his head and giving something of a laugh. “And you’re assuming I’ve been to Hama Valon far more than I actually have. I have absolutely no idea where the good places are. I see a tavern, I walk in, get drunk, and that’s pretty much all there is to it.”
Image..&..Image

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Avyra » February 28th, 2017, 2:26 am

She looked back at him, huffing sharply. "How would I know the best places? I don't drink. This will be my first time. I don't come into Hama Valon to drink and eat." I don't have anyone who would do that with me...

Avyra looked ahead, back at the road. "I hear Band of Brothers is good, but it'll likely be crawling with Aes Sedai and Asha'men. Its pretty popular." She paused. "I guess we'll try your tactic. Seems easiest."

Cat
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Cat » February 28th, 2017, 11:20 am

Tristram
He just looked at her and crossed his arms, still more amused than he probably should be. But then, he supposed, it was better than feeling irritated, which was coming up a close second.

“Did I say you knew the best places?” he finally replied. “I’d don’t recall anything of the sort. But lead the way. I leave the decision in your hands.” He smiled. “Since you’ll be buying the drinks.”
Image..&..Image

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Avyra » March 3rd, 2017, 1:44 pm

Avyra thought this was a terrible idea, trusting her to buy them good drinks. But he seemed set on making her suffer, so she led the way, keeping to the sides of buildings in the shadows to avoid being seen. She was almost silent, in fact.

But she knew he wouldn't listen to actual reason, so she didn't say anything regarding her thoughts.

So she walked in silence, scowering the streets for something that looked shady enough that no full rank would enter, but not so shady that it was actually illegal.

She found another pub, similar to the first one but not so beaten and run down. It actually had a sign, unlike the last. "How about here? I mean. I don't know."

Cat
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Cat » March 3rd, 2017, 7:01 pm

Tristram
Tristram wasn’t sure whether this was a good idea. He was beginning to think that maybe he should risk the wrath of the Master of Soldiers in order to truly go and enjoy himself. He didn’t want to spend the night feeling awkward, not knowing what to say or do, because that completely defeated the point of being here, but he had a funny that that was going to happen. But he wasn’t going to run just yet. She might just surprise him.

He followed after her, letting her lead the way. She was the one who wanted to drink with him, so he wasn’t going to decide where they went. Besides, he had a feeling that she didn’t make decisions that often. Hopefully this would make her more confident about them.

The tavern she picked was like any other, really. There was nothing that particularly stood out about it. He wondered why she had chosen it, but he just shrugged his shoulders with a small grin.

“You say ‘I don’t know’ rather a lot. I don’t know much, but that doesn’t stop me. But if you want to go here, we’ll go here.” He nodded towards the door, “Lead the way.”
Image..&..Image

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Avyra » March 8th, 2017, 5:40 am

Avyra huffed at him. He was, as he usually seemed to be, absolutely no help to the matter whatsoever.

“You say ‘I don’t know’ rather a lot. I don’t know much, but that doesn’t stop me. But if you want to go here, we’ll go here.” He nodded towards the door, “Lead the way.”

Well, at least if there was a fight she would have a little protection with the larger Soldier with her. She didn't want to have to channel and he seemed to be able to throw a good punch.

But Avyra still hesitated a bit, then sighed and pushed open the door.

This tavern was less crowded than the last, only one or two customers. It seemed clean enough, as clean as such a place could be, and Avyra led them to the bar, hopping up onto one of the stools. The bartender, a rough looking man, looked at her and scoffed.

"Sorry miss, we don't serve under the age of-"

"Shut up," she interrupted him, pointedly looking away. "Tris, what would you recommend?"

Cat
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Cat » March 9th, 2017, 4:26 pm

Tristram
The bar didn’t look like a bar, or, rather, it looked like a bar where people came to wallow in their own misery and drink themselves to death if said misery hadn’t already choked them to death. There was no music, no entertainment, no card games to join, no dice... It was, in other words… dull, and Tristram felt himself deflate ever so slightly. It didn’t even look like any of the other customers would be able to put up a fight. He had to wonder if they could even stand, or if the only thing stopping them from falling over where they sat was the drinks in their hands. They certainly hunched over them.

He let out a sigh before glancing at the bar owner. As dull as his bar, though Tristram couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow at the man’s word. The Accepted was short, but she didn’t look like a child. You’d have to be blind to make that mistake. Maybe the man was. Blind, that was.

Once again, Tristram bit back on a sigh, wondering if she was ever going to get the hint.

“I don’t know,” he said. “I’ve never been here. I don’t know what they serve, and I don’t know what you like. Drink? Wine? Ale?” He grinned. “I don’t know. Maybe take a risk. Let Master Barkeep here surprise you.”

He headed for the nearest table and slumped down, leaning back against the wall, kicking his feet up on to the table. The bar owner didn’t even protest. “Surprise me, too! Be spontaneous! Get a Bloody Mary or something!”
Image..&..Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik