A drink [attn; Cat]

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Avyra *bloody* Moeryr - Accepted

A drink [attn; Cat]

Post by Avyra » February 12th, 2017, 1:45 pm

Avyra
The young Accepted walked through the streets of Hama Valon, alone, step weary and light as she watched all the passerbys. She got many nods and formal greetings, which she returned with a smile, then continued walking.

Honestly, she didn't know what she was looking for.

She passed a few shops, with elegant dresses and pretty shoes, but she had to pass them by. Too expensive. She wouldn't be able to wear them until she was an Aes Sedai anyway.

But Avyra stopped by a bar, hesitating for a touch longer than she usually did. She had never been drinking. She had heard that it was quite fun, although she was nervous about it.

But she entered anyway. It was small and dingy, probably not the place for a little young Accepted like herself. Then she paused and saw a familiar figure, who she had only met once. What was Tristram doing here?

She raised an eyebrow and made her way forward, hopping up to take a seat on the tall barstool (which were not made for her in mind, it seemed). "Well," she said. "You probably shouldn't be here, don't you think?"

Cat
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Johan Albaer
SC: Tristram Baryn

Re: A drink [attn; Cat]

Post by Cat » February 12th, 2017, 7:42 pm

Tristram
Small and dingy was just the sort of place that Tristram preferred. For one, he didn’t think it likely that he would encounter any Aes Sedai or Asha’man in such place, and, two, places like this tended to be a lot more fun than their richer, cleaner establishments. It was a surprise, then, to find himself face to face with the Accepted from the Gardens, here of all places.

“Probably not,” he replied with a grin, but then quickly held up a hand. “But I’ll be with you in just a tick...”

He turned back to the man he had been talking to, and smiled ever so sweetly. “So what makes you think I would cheat and use weighted dice? I’m an honest man, and, as the Creator is my witness, I…”

He didn’t get to finish. Instead, the world went white as a fist came crashing in towards his face. He staggered back, vision clearing, even as he sent his own fist flying towards the man’s face. He missed, hitting the man beside him, and that was when all chaos erupted. Men joined the fray, fists flying, stools and benches along with them. Tristram managed to land a few blows before he pulled himself free from the scrap.

There was a hammering of feet outside.

“The City Guard are coming!” someone yelled.

Remembering the Accepted, Tristram grabbed her arm and grinned. “Fancy a run? Because we’re going to have to run! Don’t want the Guard to find us here!”

…because the place wasn’t actually legal.
Image..&..Image

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Avyra » February 14th, 2017, 8:25 pm

Avyra made a face as he told her to wait. This soldier who had broken Tower laws had the gall to tell her to wait! She actually couldn't speak.

He turned back to the man he was facing. “So what makes you think I would cheat and use weighted dice? I’m an honest man, and, as the Creator is my witness, I…”

The man slugged him, right in the face, causing him to stagger and send his own punch. Avyra backed up a few feet, eyes widening. What in the name of the Light did he think he was doing?!?

“The City Guard are coming!”

Why is it always me???

Tristram suddenly grabbed her arm, making her jump. “Fancy a run? Because we’re going to have to run! Don’t want the Guard to find us here!”

He didn't give her time to reply as he dashed off, forcing her to follow at a pace she wasn't capable of going, but it wasn't like he was going to let go of her arm anytime soon. Her lungs screamed for air as she tried to keep up, smaller stride not helping her case at all.

But, finally, they were in an alley, hidden, and she was able to catch her breath, almost stumbling to her knees.

"Do you... need healing?"

Cat
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Cat » February 15th, 2017, 9:24 pm

Tristram
The thrill of the chase, they called it. There was certainly something thrilling and exciting about it, not knowing whether you were going to get caught or escape. It was exhilarating, fun, a great change to being stuck following a routine. There was a part of him that hoped that they would get caught, or, at least, cornered. He loved a bloody good fight.

He drew to halt in the alley, barely out of his breath. He was grinning.

“Now that was fun,” he said, not paying attention to her question. He wasn’t injured, not even a scrape, and, even if he was, he would have shunned the Healing.

Already the adrenaline was beginning to fade. The chase had been too quick, over too fast. He heard footsteps, and, on impulse, picked up a stone and threw it out of the alley and at one of the pursuers. There was a curse as it struck, and then a “There they are!”

Tristram looked back at Avyra with an almost innocent impression as the men reached the entrance of the alley, and nodded to where a stack of barrels stood against one wall. “Fancy a climb and a dance on the rooftops? I’ll even sweep you off your feet if you like.”

He didn’t wait for an answer, but immediately threw himself forward back into a run.
Image..&..Image

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Avyra » February 20th, 2017, 3:44 am

He didn't even reply. He just laughed, hardly winded like she was. In fact, Avyra was almost doubled over from the run.

"Now that was fun!"

Avyra inhaled sharply through her nose, almost gagging herself on fresh air. Or rather, air as fresh as it could possibly be in such a gross city. She barely heard the footsteps, or rather, she selectively chose not to hear them because she knew it meant another run.

Tristram threw a rock in that direction, which was followed by shocked shouts of "there they are!" Avyra wanted to vomit.

“Fancy a climb and a dance on the rooftops? I’ll even sweep you off your feet if you like.” He started off towards the barrels.

"I. Hate. You," she snapped under her breath, following despite protesting muscles and lungs. She shouldn't have run again, and now climbing...

She paused, then started right up the wall like Jaryd had taught her on their adventure, finding the footholds easily and pushing herself to the top even before Tristram. Gasping, she paused for a moment, scoping the situation out.

"We need... get off this building," she said with a huff. "They'll follow... just head for... Tower and slide off in an empty alley." She was gasping now, trying to take in more air than her small, screaming lungs could hold. She didn't know how she had even made it up the wall in the first place.

Cat
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Cat » February 21st, 2017, 2:01 pm

Tristram
The whole point was to get them to follow. It had to be a decent chase. Tristram had no plans of going back to the Tower any time soon. The night was young and there was much fun to be had! Or, rather, he didn’t want to go back just to be shut in. It was different for an Accepted; they had a lot more freedom, but he didn’t, and he wasn’t the sort of person who could spend his whole time studying without some sort of break. Free time didn’t count, because that was either spent studying or sitting around doing things that were really just a waste of time. You still couldn’t leave the Tower.

It was tempting to kick down a roof tile just to make sure they were still following, but he held back, looking instead to Avyra. She looked like she was about to die. Clearly this wasn’t a night for jumping around roofs, but he’d be damned if he was going back to the Tower.

“Tell you what, if I lose them, you have to promise to buy me a drink. Otherwise…” He tapped one of the roof tiles with his foot and grinned. “You can’t tell me you want to run away back to your room.”
Image..&..Image

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Avyra » February 22nd, 2017, 11:22 pm

Avyra looked up enough to shoot a glare at this egotistical maniac that she was currently running across the rooftops with. How dare he make decisions for her?! The gal of this man. She was tempted to throw him off the roof with the Power and be done with it. Would rid the Tower of a nuisance.

She gritted her teeth. "I came out here for a somewhat nice evening, and I run into you in the middle of an illegal activity. Just the thing I needed. I tell you what, pretty boy, I will buy you a drink, but after that I'm taking you right to the Master of Soldiers."

In fact, she hated this. She hated this so much. Was she actually going to turn him in? Probably not. She couldn't be bothered, it wasn't like her opinion mattered in this bloody Tower anyway. She was just sick of this unruly man who thought he knew everything.

So she turned away, huffing as she did so, stalking along the edge of the roof, away from him and the guards.

Cat
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Cat » February 23rd, 2017, 10:28 am

Tristram
He was fairly certain that this was the Accepted who had complained about no one noticing her or paying attention, or even caring. Maybe it had nothing to do with that. Maybe it was all down to the Accepted’s mannerisms and attitude. Who didn’t want to run around on the rooftops? Well, maybe not everyone, but it was it pretty obvious to anyone that it wasn’t really about that, but more that he wanted to have some fun and the chance to let his hair down for just a little bit. He could see that she wasn’t enjoying it, and he wasn’t going to extend it more, but apparently his jokes, though, were falling short. No matter how tempting, he wasn’t going to kick one of the roof tiles down. He didn’t seem that much of a bastard, did he?

Their pursuers were far away by now, having lost them as soon as they had climbed onto the roof. They were in no danger, but Tristram still felt as if someone had just thrown a bucket of cold water over him.

Despite that, he laughed, watching as she stalked away. “’Pretty boy’? Why, thank you! It’s always good to know when someone finds me hopelessly attractive. But there’s one slight problem with your plan. If you go to the Master of Soldiers, then I’ll take you to the Mistress of Novices, too, because from what I remember you were in that bar as well...”

He moved in the opposite direction, assessing whether he could jump straight to the ground. “I’ll be seeing you, though, yes? I really am off to get drunk and have some fun. I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening.”
Image..&..Image

Avyra
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Avyra » February 23rd, 2017, 1:00 pm

Avyra stopped dead, feeling her spine prickle with a chill. She was not in the mood to see the Mistress of Novices like she was some bratty little child. So she turned, huffing slightly as she did so.

"Fine. I'll go with you, just so I don't get turned in." Her mind was whirling; she didn't want to go with him but it was better than whatever punishment she would get if he turned her in.

She stalked back over, jaw set. This was surely going to be unpleasant. "Somewhere legal this time is preferred, if you don't mind."

Cat
"Lord of Chaos"

Post by Cat » February 23rd, 2017, 4:59 pm

Tristram
Tristram arched an eyebrow, before crossing his arms, a somewhat amused expression on his face. “You could at least smile, you know, and pretend that it might actually be a little bit fun. I don’t want you coming with me if you don’t want to be there. I’d rather drink on my own if you’re going to be unhappy. I’m hardly going to turn you in. Light, I’d rather turn myself in than drink with someone who will make my night miserable.”

Again, he looked at the ground. It wasn’t too high.

… so he jumped.
Image..&..Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik