Dancing in the Streets (attn: Cat/Johan)

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Locke
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Terric of the Salt Flat Sept of the Nakai Aiel
SC: Alric Aurella
TC: Nasrin Naceri

Re: Dancing in the Streets (attn: Cat/Johan)

Post by Locke » March 2nd, 2017, 11:16 pm

Terric
Terric watched the Ji’Val’s retreating back, teeth grinding. He stood ready to leave. He wasn’t going to chase him like a lost pup. He’d promised day one that he wouldn’t force the boy to continue training if he wanted to. The lack of respect rankled however. Anybody with a modicum of honor would have faced him and asked to end their training, not stormed off like a child. He had tried to reach him, to motivate him, even to encourage him. Every time, he hit a stone wall. Why was the boy even here? Then it hit him. Why was Johan Ablaer here? He know much about the young man. No more than the superficial. He hadn’t asked questions simply accepting that anybody who was in the Yards, and especially anybody who came looking to train with him held at least some of the same values and desires. Assumptions were just that however, assumptions. They did not have to be based in fact. He had failed as an Aethan Dor by failing to simply ask questions. He had toh to his old teachers and spear brothers, as well as to Johan Ablaer. The latter was right here, so he would start by meeting his toh to him.

Crossing the commonroom, he took a seat across from the younger man. “I have toh, Johan Ablaer. I have never asked you. What do you want here? Why are you here, Johan Ablaer?”
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Cat
"Lord of Chaos"
PC: Johan Albaer
SC: Tristram Baryn

Re: Dancing in the Streets (attn: Cat/Johan)

Post by Cat » March 3rd, 2017, 7:54 pm

Johan
Johan had hoped that that would be it; that there would be no more said and he could be left in peace, but apparently that was not to be the case, and he watched, his gaze flat, as Terric took a seat opposite. His hands tightened on his glass, and he couldn’t keep his jaw from clenching. He wanted to get up and move, but, knowing his luck, the Aiel would keep following him, and he didn’t want that. He just wanted to be left alone. Terric had made his opinion of him quite clear, and that was that. There was nothing Johan could do to change it, no matter how wrong it was, and he found that he didn’t want to. Any respect he had felt towards the Aiel had completely vanished.

All he did was complain…

How disrespectful was that?

And now he was being asked questions that he didn’t want to answer. He didn’t even want to have a conversation. As far as he was concerned, it was all over.

He took a sip of his drink, taking a moment to gather his thoughts and not simply say the first thing on his mind, which would have been, in no uncertain terms, to tell the Aiel where to go.

“I’m having a drink,” he said after a moment, his gaze still flat, “if that isn’t clear enough. And as to what I want,,. I want you to leave me alone. You’ve made your thoughts about me clear and that’s fine. It just means there’s nothing more for us to say to each other.”
Image..&..Image

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik