The Feast of Thanksgiving (Attn: Marla)

Hama Valon, the city around the Grey Tower.
Forum rules
Welcome to Hama Valon! The aptly named 'mountain guard' is the city that has grown up at the gates of the Grey Tower at the western edge of the Two Rivers. Like all cities, there are quiet quarters with pleasant inns, such as Elman's Creek, which used to be the nearest village when the Tower was young, but was absorbed as the new city grew; its Band of Brothers Inn is still a favorite relaxation spot for many of the Tower's denizens. And again, like all cities the world over, there are less pleasant places--narrow, nameless streets that house hells and other houses of ill repute. Most of the city falls somewhere in between, with hawkers crying their wares in the streets, respectable shopkeepers ready to serve you, and petty cutpurses happy to follow you.

Novices, Soldiers, and drin'far'ji must be accompanied by a chaperon when outside Tower walls or they risk being picked up as runaways and duly punished.
Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: The Feast of Thanksgiving (Attn: Marla)

Post by Craig » February 23rd, 2017, 12:12 am

Ravak
If he was a flower, he was one of those segade plants from the Waste. They seemed to do just fine without water. Or purpose. Or direction. They did have the sunlight aspect going for them, however.

Rav started to shut his eyes again. He really didn't need to be told any of this. He recognised that Fiona was just trying to help, but still, it wasn't like he hadn't had plenty of time to realise this maybe.

The smaller Andoran took a hold of his shirt, propping his eyes wide open. He just let himself be guided in towards her. It was easier to simply submit than to think for himself.

"I rescind my earlier promise."

Rav barely felt the impression of Fiona's fist against his chest moments later. Instead of having butterflies in his stomach, he felt like he was hefting about an anchor. She had offered him a literal lifeline, and just as quickly snatched it away. I should have said anything. A bitter thought. And she shouldn't have tricked me like that. Even more bitter.

He pulled himself up straight, both physically and mentally. He didn't need a mere Accepted to tell him about his confidence or his courage. If you bloody wanted it, then you made a fine mess in trashing it. The blood inside his veins seemed to boil, and even as he realised that an irrational anger was building up and getting ready to burst, Ravak let himself get washed away by it. The angular plains of his face seemed to harden. Katrie called it "That Face"; the expression he used when he was a world away from being impressed. Well, Fiona was receiving the Gaidin Captain's vehement scowl now.

There was a multitude of ways Ravak wanted to unleash his anger. It ranged from the absurd to the violent and back again. He forced his hands into his crowded pockets, removing any chance of drawing his swords in outrage.

In the end, he just gave the Accepted a dirty look before he stormed off into the market. He barged through people, knocking into elbows and shoulders without care or interest. He didn't even know where he was going, so long as it was away from that prissy upstart.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Sunny
"Knife of Dreams"
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Finn
QC: Owen Andarin

Re: The Feast of Thanksgiving (Attn: Marla)

Post by Sunny » March 1st, 2017, 5:20 am

Fiona
Clear blue eyes studied Ravak’s face in the moments after Fiona fell silent, waiting for the inevitable reaction. Her gut still told her she had done the right thing; his expression gave another message entirely. The Gaidin straightened to his full height (had he ever held himself so in her presence?) as his face closed in, brows snapping together into a scowl the young Andoran was all too familiar with.The look he gave her was anything but friendly or understanding, and he didn’t so much as wish her farewell before turning on his heel and walking away.

The Accepted watched him go, her mind spinning as confused hurt rose above everything else her heart and body felt. He was the bloody Gaidin Captain! Surely he understood the requirements and realities of bonding? Kaia Sedai cut their bond, a treacherous part of her mind reminded her. Fiona buried her face in her hands as she sank against the wall. Was I simply a….replacement? A proxy? A conduit to make him feel worthy? That hurt far more than she cared to admit. She had thought him better than that, expected….so much more...from a man whose expectations had encouraged her to try, and try, and try again, far beyond the point when any other sane person might have given up.

If I hadn’t listened to myself, I would have bonded him without knowing of this problem. That struck home, knocking the cobwebs from her mind and leaving her clear-headed, if a little stunned. The blond girl lifted her head, staring after the Gaidin, brows drawn together in thought. “Perhaps it was the right thing to do after all,” she muttered.

“I’d let him cool down before going after him, lass,” the Tinker commented helpfully. Fiona turned a foul glare at her, but the merchant simply lifted her hands. “Whatever you said, you got him angry, sure as stuffing. Men don’t hear reason when they’re blowing smoke out their ears.”

Sure as stuffing? Fiona carefully pushed herself upright and smoothed her skirts down. “Thank you for your advice, but I will be fine,” she said stiffly. “I apologize for blocking your cart with my antics.” She gave the woman a shallow curtsy, then turned away with the intent of following Ravak.

Only...he had a head start, longer legs, and a great deal of anger driving him, and Fiona wasn’t even sure what she wanted to say. After several long minutes of studying the crowd, the Accepted turned and began to work her way toward the Tower, chewing on her lip and wondering what the future might hold.
OOC: We can end here, or Ravak can find her. Given our earlier conversation I am not fussed either way, and I look forward to post-MRP shenanigans with other characters. ;)
Image Image Image Image
False alarm- there's still a song for me; I'm just about around to sing it
There's still a chance for me...and I'm still here singing.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik