Returned from the Wilds (Attn:Bella)

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Lugh
MoNSTer

Re: Returned from the Wilds (Attn:Bella)

Post by Lugh » October 29th, 2021, 4:56 pm

"It was a good life, and one day I hope you will get to wander the fields, see the ice peppers growing on the terraces. Hard work, and community took advantage of shelves in the cliffs, and turned them into sheltered growing beds. It takes some getting used to, climbing the trail like a goat, but I loved it," Beron said softly, his hands stroking her arms as she laid against his chest.

He knew about her past, they had shared more than a few nights talking about it, and he remembered the night she bonded him. So he knew it was not idle talk for her to mention it, and he held her tighter. "I can't picture any other childhood, but my itchy feet and sense of adventure had me scouting for the army as soon as I was old enough. I wouldn't change where that led me for the world, but I do know how little childhood would be found among an army. I know it made you the strong, beautiful Aes Sedai you are today, but if I could whisk you away to a cabin in the mountains and let young Isla watch the kids at play in the pasture, or simply lie in the sweet wildflowers under a summer I sky, I would," he said as he tilted her face to him and gave her a kiss filled with warmth.

"And if you ever feel brave enough, I am certain my mother and sister would kidnap you the moment we set foot on Saldaean soil. There are a few things most Saldaean mothers seem to think wives should know. Mostly on how to keep the men from thinking with our swords," he laughed softly, feeling the warmth of her body easing parts of him that had been tense for a long time.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » November 5th, 2021, 11:40 pm

This was not, of course, the first time that the subject or the idea had come up. They had known each other long enough, been close enough, and had personal discussions enough that it had come up a time or two. For various reasons, the idea had always been put off to that indefinable idea of "some day." The idea of meeting his family had been somewhat intimidating.

It was still, of course, an intimidating prospect...but it felt like something had still shifted in her feelings about it.

Isla ran her bottom lip beneath her teeth for a moment, her gray eyes looking off to some bit of empty space beyond the tub they lay in, but then they focused again and she returned her gaze to meet his. She blinked long, pale lashes as her thoughts hurried around each other before finally saying, "I'd like to. Soon. I think we should make a plan to go to Saldaea."

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » December 2nd, 2021, 6:24 pm

Beron wouldn't have been able to keep either his surprise, or his joy at the words Isla spoke from her, even without the bond they shared. He had been steadily feeling stronger and stronger feelings for the woman who held both his bond and heart; but he knew Isla had a past that troubled her. And there was nothing quite like meeting a Saldaean mother, enough gleemen joked about it that it had become lore.

Seeing her beautiful eyes beneath the pale lashes, he gently tilted her head to give her a kiss and smiled. "We can go anytime you would like Isla. I know in my absence your work would not have stopped, and if you have patients or matters to take care of then we will. Luckily Gateways and messengers will allow me to let my family know to expect us in plenty of time, my mother would skin me for a Trolloc cookpot if I brought an Aes Sedai unannounced," Beron chuckled.

"I am certain you would love Saldaea, and it might surprise you how deep the respect and affection for Aes Sedai runs in the Borderlands. And there will be little need to pack or worry this trip. The farm has more than enough room, and I am sure at least one feast will be held. We will simply have to order my mother to keep the guest list to a minimum," Beron laughed, knowing that his mother would be torn between playing host to a returning son, and honoring an Aes Sedai.

The water was cooling as they lay in the tub together, but the scents of the herbs and the relaxation he was feeling from finally being able to put his guard down meant Beron would lie there until the goosebumps chased them out.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » December 3rd, 2021, 11:31 pm

Isla laughed lightly. "I don't suppose there's any chance of pretending that I'm not an Aes Sedai for this visit," she said, but they both knew it was entirely in jest. If his mother already knew what she was, that was all she wrote... "I don't have anything especially pressing in the infirmary right now, certainly nothing that another healer can't take over. A class to get a substitute to teach. I'm rather free right now.

"I know you just returned, though, so we can wait a while for you to rest here at home with me before we make any plans," she said. A hint of the bittersweet cut through her thoughts, wishing she had a mother to introduce him to...or a father who wasn't vile for the same, but she chased that away in an instant and returned her smile.

Lugh
MoNSTer

Post by Lugh » December 15th, 2021, 6:04 pm

Beron chuckled along with Isla, both of them knowing full well that any Aes Sedai would be hard pressed to blend in among the Borderlands. They were held in too high a regard, and his family had received missives and presents from him since becoming a Gaidin. Which meant they would know he was bonded, and he doubted it would take his mother long to piece it all together.

"A rest sounds good to be honest. I know with Gateways that getting to Saldaea is much less of a trip than it could be, but I will enjoy a day or two of not smelling like a horse. And sleeping in our bed, that is something I thought about a lot when I was curled up under pine boughs in the rain. I must be getting soft at the Tower," he teased, both of them knowing that no one would ever use that word to describe a Gaidin of the Grey Tower.

He had been a scout long before coming to the Tower, so the travel and sleeping rough had not been impossible, but it had been a long absence and even the toughest backs grew sick of roots for pillows. Thinking of being away, and the comfort of the bed awaiting them, Beron decided he'd had enough lounging in the hot water. Standing gently, he lifted Isla out of the tub and with a kiss that left little doubt in her mind as to his goal, he brought her to their bed for another homecoming.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik