A tomcat's return (At Andra Sedai from a certain failed scholar's apprentice)

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Locke
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Terric of the Salt Flat Sept of the Nakai Aiel
SC: Alric Aurella
TC: Nasrin Naceri

Re: A tomcat's return (At Andra Sedai from a certain failed scholar's apprentice)

Post by Locke » August 7th, 2020, 3:25 pm

He tentatively let the Void fall away as she sat and the corner of his mouth quirked up. She hadn’t quite forgiven him, but she hadn’t sent him packing either. “We can leave as soon as you’re able. I don’t know how long we’ll be gone so don’t pack too lightly. Also we’ll be linking up with a company of soldiers. Mercenaries actually,” he paused and continued in a quieter voice, eyes flitting aside, “My mercenaries.” He shifted his weight, unsure what to do now. He wondered if he should offer to recovine in the morning and go check to see if his old quarters were still empty. That or wrap her in his arms and never let go. Apologize for being an idiot and maybe apologize more in her bed…. No. He didn’t come to weasel his way back into her life. He’d blown that, and even if he hadn’t he didn’t deserve to get off that easily. Besides, they had more important matters to attend to.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: A tomcat's return (At Andra Sedai from a certain failed scholar's apprentice)

Post by Bella » August 8th, 2020, 9:37 pm

One dark, elegant brow rose as the word "my" in that last pair of words.

He was still standing there, and she let him stand there a little while longer. Her dark eyes bored into him, into his eyes, as she took her time thinking about all and everything. She wasn't a woman who took kindly to being abandoned...but she had already suffered so much loss that someone coming back was a blessing.

Finally, she pursed her lips into something like a mirthless smile to go with her cool, smooth words. "I hope you don't think you're going to get out of this room without telling me everything about why you left, and where, and how you're going to make it up to me."

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » August 12th, 2020, 8:25 pm

“I can guarantee you the story isn’t nearly as interesting as you think,” Alric said scratching at the back of his head. “I kind of… just fell into command of the Black Company. They were the sorriest lot of ex-soldiers turned bandits you’ll ever meet. It was, I guess, a matter of professional pride to turn them into less of an embarrassment after they tried to attack the caravan I was traveling with.”

Her eyes continued to bore into him.

“I mean it’s like that all the way back, I didn’t plan to leave. I didn’t plan to become a mercenary. I didn’t plan to come across that business in Altara either. I just— “

He snapped his hand down to his side and straightened his back. “I don’t want you to think I’m making excuses. That would be intolerable. I’m not trying to excuse my actions. But you asked, so I’ll do my best and explain.” He paused, taking a deep breath. For a moment he thought he could smell her, but no, it was simply his imagination playing tricks.

Choosing his words carefully he said, “I didn’t intend to leave. I especially didn’t intend to leave you. This is completely a me problem. I don’t want pity. I just— I didn’t know what I wanted with my life. I still don’t. At least now I have a clear short term goal. What started as a short trip just to clear my head kept growing. I found myself traveling all over the continent. I spent time in libraries and I wrote a lot. By that point, I’d been gone so long I couldn’t bring myself to face you. This isn’t an excuse.” By this point, his words were tumbling over each other, cutting each other off.

Starting again, he said, “The specifics really don’t matter. I let you down. I shouldn’t have tried to figure things out on my own. I hurt you, I’ve done this kind of thing before.”

“There’s a reason I haven’t been back to Mayene in over a decade,” he added as a mumbled aside.
He was too far in to turn back now. “Look, I didn’t come back to patch things up.” The words were like a spear thrust through his chest. “I messed things up.” Another spear thrust. “I lo— You’re im— It doesn’t matter how I feel. I don’t know how to make it up to you. Trying feels like I’m slimily trying to weasel my way back into your life.” This time the words were an imagined flight of arrows in his back.

“Light I’m an idiot,” he said, voice tinged in bitter amusement. “I’ve spent this entire conversation worried about how my words might affect your decisions, but I’ve been avoiding the one thing I should say simply because it’s the right thing to say.” He paused gathering himself. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry I left. It doesn’t matter what happens going forward, you don’t need to forgive me. You don’t even need to like me. After this we can go our separate ways, but I owe you an apology at least.” The words still hurt, like a surgeon removing arrows from deep within his flesh. It still hurt like the pits but at least the arrows were out. Whatever happened, at least the arrows were out.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » August 19th, 2020, 12:02 am

"Yes, you owe me that at least," Andraste Alhandra echoed. Her voice was quiet, almost distant and yet not quite.

She just looked at him, her dark eyes roving his drunken form from boot to hair and back down again. Thoughts and emotions raged through her mind, even if she had learned enough and trained enough to keep it from showing on her face. At least, it didn't show very much, and it was unlikely anyone would be able to decipher it.

The truth was that she wasn't sure even she could decipher it. So, she elected to open her mouth and see what words came out.

"I don't know if I forgive you or not yet," was what happened when her mind was given free rein. "I don't handle people leaving me so suddenly very well, you know. I did not open myself to you very easily either, after I lost the sun and the moon from my life." Referring of course to her husband and their lover.

Then she sighed softly and bowed her head a little. "Come. Sit." One slender hand waved at the sofa beside her.

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » August 22nd, 2020, 12:42 am

He edged forward like an alley cat being lured with food. This was all he could have asked for. Probably more than he deserved actually. He unhooked his sword and sat on the couch next to her. Despite a desire to sit close and put an arm around her, he chose to sit as far away as the couch would allow. He opened his mouth to speak, but second guessed himself. The cycle continued a few more times. He chose instead to sit in silence, thumb rubbing is sword’s worn pommel. While he was beginning to sober up, a growing dull ache in his skull warned him that he’d best find some water and a place to sleep sooner than later. That and maybe find something disgustingly salty and greasy to snack on.

He chewed the inside of his cheek in thought. He’d managed to get out of this skirmish with his forces mostly intact. It was probably time to retreat instead of overextending and getting cut off. “I think I should go find somewhere to bed down. I’ll be back in the morning. Pack for a camp I guess,” he said preparing to stand again.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » August 23rd, 2020, 10:12 pm

"Stay."

Andraste said the word softly, but there was steel in it. As even each curve and line of the simple word was a sword wrapped in velvet, her dark eyes watching him as he fidgeted in his seat and his posture shifted as he prepared to stand. She waited until he looked at her, and then she held his eyes. "Stay," she repeated, the word barely above a whisper. "We'll prepare and leave in the morning."

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » August 29th, 2020, 11:31 am

He really did need to go. The hour was late and he’d said all he needed to say. But—

Stay.

The word gripped him by the chest and pulled him back into his seat.

Stay. She said again. It wasn’t a request. She had ordered him to stay, but was that a hint of vulnerability in her voice?

His head pounded as thoughts stampeded through his brain. Whether it was due to the late hour or lingering traces of alcohol in his system, the words that tumbled out of Alric’s mouth felt beyond his control.

“I’ll stay. I’ll stay as long as you’ll have me.”
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » September 29th, 2020, 11:06 pm

"You will," she agreed. Her voice was quiet, but it was steely. Before he'd vanished on her, she had grown very attached to this man…and she had lost enough in her life to see and value a second chance.

And mentally plan how to find him and kill him should he abandon her again.

For the moment, though, there were many words and moments she intended to catch up on before they set out on this mission of his. It did generally align with her goals and missions in her life and in her Ajah, although she would likely still have agreed to help him anyways.

It was Alric.

Andra slid closer to him on the sofa. "We will leave," she said quietly, her breathy voice emphasizing the
'we' as her head drew closer to his, "in the morning." She kissed him softly. "The morning…"

Locke
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Locke » October 9th, 2022, 1:59 am

Spoiler: show
let's ignore the 2 year absence
Stirring awake before dawn, Alric did his best to untangle himself from his lover. No, from Andraste, he didn’t think he’d quite earned the right to call her that again. He wanted to close his eyes and sleep a bit longer, but a burgeoning hangover combined with a rumbling stomach kept him awake. For a moment, he considered wandering down to the kitchens to find them some breakfast, but decided against it. If Andraste woke up alone, he worried he’d have to dodge fireballs if he returned. He settled for giving her hair a kiss before sliding out of bed to find a servant.

After placing his order, he climbed back into bed to wait and watch the dawn rays illuminate Andraste’s sleeping form.
Sweet Buns or GTFO
ImageImageImage

Bella

Post by Bella » October 9th, 2022, 5:35 pm

Andraste slept better that night than she had in a long while, but she certainly wouldn't be admitting that to anyone any time soon. She shifted under the blankets, letting out soft breaths and noises that happened when one was starting to wake. Not being a heavy sleeper, she was distantly aware that he moved, kissed her head, left, then came back.

Once he had settled in, she peeled open the eye that wasn't half buried in the pillow. "You're still here," she said with a sleepy drawl as she closed that eye again. "Good."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik