To Learn to Heal (attn:Lou)

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: To Learn to Heal (attn:Lou)

Post by Alianora » July 1st, 2020, 10:32 pm

Dedicated Kalyan
While Madam Burle laid down, Kalyan moved to stand by the head of the bed. With a smile, he explained, "As Barad Asha'man said, the weave I'd like to use is called a Delving. It will show me any sort of injury or illness you may have, no matter how small, and should help me to find the source of your pain. " The woman's dark eyes watched him intently as he continued, "The weave is completely harmless, and you won't be aware of it. Just let me know when you're ready." Kalyan kept his eyes on her as she nodded.

"Go ahead," she told him. Without moving from where he stood, the Dedicated seized hold of saidin and began pulling the numerous threads of Spirit that he would need. It wasn't his best element, and the weave was one of the most complex that he knew. Kalyan always thought it resembled some sort of intricate net, one almost large enough to cover the woman who lay on the bed. It took him some time, but when he was finally finished with it, Kalyan kept hold of the weave while he turned his head towards Barad Asha'man. He trusted the Yellow to correct him if he'd somehow done something wrong, though the weave looked fine to him.

When the Asha'man said nothing, Kalyan brought his attention back to his patient. "I'm going to begin now," he warned her in a soft voice. "Don't worry, you won't feel anything." Only then did Kalyan let the weave go. It hovered over Madam Burle before appearing to sink into her. It faded away, and what Kalyan learned was nothing he hadn't expected. The woman wasn't sick, and the Dedicated thought the sense of fatigue and some back pain he noticed were probably related to her pregnancy. He also found some tension in a muscle near where she carried her child, which he thought to be the most likely cause of her pain.

"I think I know the cause of your pain," Kalyan said to the woman on the bed. "You have a pulled muscle, possibly from your baby continuing to grow."

The woman nodded and rested a hand on her stomach. "That's not surprising. This one is growing fast, as if he or she is eager to be born."

Kalyan smiled and said, "You said earlier you were trying to rest more, so you may wish to continue doing that if it helps. Other than that, someone can do a Healing if you like." He looked away from Madam Burle and at Barad Asha'man after saying this, not sure whether or not the Yellow would wish to take over with that task.

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"
PC: Tamora el'Galina (Aes Seadi)
SC: Talithia (Accepted)
TC: Dianlinn (Ji'val)

Post by Lou » August 15th, 2020, 10:20 am

Barad stood still, a silent observer as he watched the Dedicated as he spoke to the woman and explained what he was doing. He could see that the young man had great potential for Healing, and that came through with just how he was with the patient. Most people thought that it was just the Healing talent that made a Yellow, but no, it was more than that. A lot of it came down to how you were with patients too. If you did not treat them right then they could damage themselves in trying to get away, or you could miss some vital piece of information as they did not trust you to share. But Kalyan had a good way with the woman, and Barad was sure he would be like that with almost anyone he came into contact with. He hoped the youth choose to come to them, after all it was a calling, and not really a choice.

He felt the tingle that told him that the youth had seized Siadin, and Barad watched as the weave came to live before him. He nodded his head once as Kalyan looked back, and he then watched as it was laid over the pregnant woman on the table. He watched carefully, and listened when the Dedicated came to a conclusion to the pain the other woman felt. He smiled proudly, and watched as the woman stroked her pregnant stomach, wondering how old his former love's child was now, sometimes it was hard to keep track of time.

He was brought back to the moment when Kalyan offered Healing, and then looked to Barad. "If it is something Mistress Burle would like, you may do so Dedicated." It was a matter of trust here, if Kalyan did not think he could, then Barad would take over, but this was a lesson after all, and it should be a simple task. "We could also tell you the sex of your babe, if that is something you would wish to know, Mistress." He added, a little extra practise for the youth before him, if he felt up to it.
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » August 22nd, 2020, 1:48 am

Dedicated Kalyan
With his silent question answered, Kalyan turned his attention back to the woman on the bed. "Would you like Healing?" he asked her. "Your muscle will heal on its own if you don't, it will just take longer. He waited patiently, still in his place by the head of the bed, as Madam Burle turned her head away from him. She appeared to be thinking, and Kalyan said nothing, not wanting to rush her. A very short time passed before she looked back at him, and nodded. "If you wouldn't mind, then please," she said. "It's such a minor thing...but it has been more difficult to keep up with my boys."

Kalyan smiled at her. "I don't mind at all," he assured her. "Have you had Healing before?" The woman shook her head. "No," she said. Her eyes followed him as he stepped closer to the bed. "Before I start then, you should know that Healing can be a little uncomfortable. The weave will make you feel very hot, but the feeling will pass quickly. Also, I will need to lay my hand on your head to make the weave work." He'd seen some of the Yellows Heal without touching their patients, but Kalyan honestly had no idea how they did it.

Madam Burle smiled and shrugged. "It will be fine, I'm sure," she said to him. "I'll be birthing this child soon enough, after all, so it would be senseless of me to complain about a little discomfort now." Kalyan nodded and said, "I will let you know before I begin." Then he placed a hand on her forehead and seized hold of saidin. He suspected that forming the weave would have taken any of the Yellows mere moments, but for Kalyan, it required more time and a slower pace. It was somehow one of the most difficult weaves he knew and one of the easiest for him to create. Strands of Earth, Fire and Spirit fell into place almost effortlessly, though it still demanded Kalyan's attention. He shifted a few threads in the weave, tugged the ends of some others, and as he had before, waited for the Asha'man's approval before acting.

Once he had it, Kalyan looked into his patient's eyes. "I'm going to Heal you now," he warned her. "It won't be uncomfortable for long." He let the weave go, pleasantly surprised to see that the woman remained still on the bed, moving only to draw in a gasping breath. He had heard that some people would squirm and complain about the heat, and he knew he would have felt bad for causing that.

When he was finished, Madam Burle sat up on the bed. "That wasn't so bad," she said." Laying a hand on her stomach, she continued, "And the pain is gone already. Thank you." Then her eyes darted in the direction of Barad Asha'man. "I hate to be a bother, but the other Asha'man said earlier that you could tell me the gender of my child?"

Kalyan winced. He knew of that weave, and if asked, might have been able to describe how it was formed, but it wasn't one he knew nearly well enough to attempt on another person. "There is a weave that can do that," he explained, "but I am still learning, and haven't had much experience with that one yet. If you'd like to know, I'm sure Barad Asha'man can help you." At almost the same time, they both looked towards where the Asha'man stood, somewhat out of the way. Feeling stupid, despite knowing that he was there to learn, Kalyan watched the other man and hoped he wouldn't mind stepping in.

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » September 28th, 2020, 3:08 pm

Barad was more than a little impressed with the young man before him, he had a very natural way with the patients which would help immensely. The problem that some of the Yellow's had was that they were so wrapped up in their Healing, and experiments and the like that they were useless with their patients. But he could see that Kalyan was putting the lady at ease, and as such it would make his own life a lot easier with the healing if she was not tense and annoyed. Barad had nodded his head once as the young man had looked back to him to get his approval for the weave he was about to cast, and he gave it. He was not touching Saidin himself, but he could see the weave, and he knew he could seize it in a moment if he needed to. Though he had a feeling he would not need to, and he calmly watched, sure that he was so calm that it would add to the ladies calm too.

Once it was done, and he watched Kalyan fix the muscle pain, he smiled and nodded his head to the young man. Though when she asked about about the sex of her babe, and the Dedicated admitted he did not know the weave, he moved forward and touched his arm. "You do yourself credit for admitting you did not know the weave, and not just trying anyway." He clapped him on the shoulder once, and then looked back to the lady on the bed. "The Healing will have made you hungry, so I shall order you a full lunch to have before you leave." He took another could of steps forward, and gestured for Kalyan to come in close as well.

"As for the gender of your babe, that is something we can do for your now. If it is alright with yourself, I will do the weave, and while doing it show Dedicated Kalyan here how it is done. Then he will be the one to cast it, and tell you the gender." He smiled to the woman, and laid a hand on her upper arm in reassurance.

"That will be fine, Asha'man."

"Excellent. Now Dedicated, watch closely as I d this. It is called Caressing the Child, and it is something we learned from the Aiel." He told the young man, before seizing control of Saidin, and holding it steady as the torrent of power filled him. Taking Spirit, Fire and Earth, began to weave them together in a way that looked like a ball, with the strands of Spirit thick and throughout it. Once done, and having done it slowly doe the Dedicated, he lowered the ball into the woman's stomach where his hand rested.

Barad could instantly tell the health of the babe and the mother. The mother felt hungry and tired, mostly due to the healing, but she was very healthy other than that. The babe was healthy, a little large for his age, but that was no issue. The woman had said this was not her first birth so she would be fine. After all women's bodies were a miracle unto themselves. He gently turned the weave and smiled as he caught sight of the gender. A Girl. He released the weave, and then looked to Kalyan.

"Now your turn. I know the answers, but wish to see if you can tell the woman an answer to her question. After all, you are her Healer today." He smiled, showing full confidence in the young man's abilities. Plus he would be there for any mistakes that may happen, though he was sure there would be none.
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 18th, 2020, 9:10 pm

Dedicated Kalyan
Looking up at Barad Asha'man, Madam Burle nodded her agreement, and Kalyan moved closer to the bed to make room for the Asha'man. His dark eyes narrowed as he concentrated on watching what the Yellow was doing. As he watched, he remembered what he'd read about the weave during his studies, and hoped he would be able to recreate it correctly.

When Barad Asha'man directed him to try it, Kalyan gave the other man a nervous look and took a deep breath before beginning to pull the threads of Earth, Fire and Spirit that he would need. That task was simple, but once he began to form them into the weave the Asha'man had just demonstrated, Kalyan worked slowly. Each strand in the sort of ball that he created was placed as precisely as he could manage. To Kalyan, it felt as if time itself had slowed down, but when he was finished and holding the weave, both Madam Burle and Barad Asha'man appeared to be watching him calmly, neither showing any indication that he'd been keeping them waiting for too long.

Kalyan waited for permission from the Yellow before allowing the weave to drop over his patient. He was careful to keep hold of it, and at first, he learned little of interest. Aside from her tiredness and hunger due to her Healing, there was nothing wrong with Madam Burle. He shifted the weave slightly, turning it as he'd seen Barad Asha'man do, and learned that the child she carried was a healthy, if somewhat large, girl. The Dedicated smiled, releasing both the weave and saidin itself.

No longer needing to focus on the weave, Kalyan looked into his patient's eyes. "Your child is a girl," he informed her with another smile. "And both of you are in perfect health." The woman on the bed beamed at him, wide-eyed, and laid a hand on her stomach. "A daughter," she said. "I'm so pleased to have a daughter at last!" She blinked and continued, "Not that I wouldn't have welcomed a son, but I have three boys at home, and I just couldn't help wishing that this one would be a little girl."

Kalyan couldn't help grinning, pleased to have been able to help the woman. "There's nothing wrong with that," he said to the woman. "I'm sure your family will be as happy as you are when she is born." While he was speaking, a novice showed up bearing a tray, and Kalyan directed her to give it to Madam Burle. "That will be the lunch Asha'man Barad had ordered for you," he explained. "Is there anything else we can do for you?"

Lou
"The Fires of Heaven"

Post by Lou » January 8th, 2021, 11:22 am

Barad stood still and watched as Kalyan, given permission, dropped the weave that Barad had just shown him over the lady, and began to move it this way and that, so he could get a good view of what it was he was checking. This was an important weave, and not just to tell the sex of the child. It was a good way to check the health of the babe, and see if there were any problems that could have been missed on a more general delving. This was very specific to maternal process, and he was pleased to see his student having such a light and deft touch. from just this lesson, Barad was sure the boy had a future in the Yellow, unless he was called elsewhere by his head.

He stood back, his hands clasped behind his back as Kalyan delivered the news, and he smiled to see the woman's reaction. He chuckled, and nodded his head, "I have a feeling she may be a very spoiled little girl." He smiled to the woman, who blushed and nodded her head in return. When the knock came, Barad moved to open the door admitting a Novice in white carrying the tray of lunch, with plenty of extra fruit for the woman.

"No, you have done everything I could have asked for and more. Thank you, Healer Kalyan."

Barad waited off to one side for the young man to join him, and he clapped him on the shoulder twice. "That was very well done, Kalyan, very well done indeed." He nodded his head to leave the room, and the woman, to eat and rest in peace, catching sight of a man who he guessed was her husband waiting outside. He gestured for the nervous looking man to head inside, and closed the door behind him. He moved along the hall, and then stopped by a window to address Kalyan.

"You have a natural and deft touch with the Healing weaves, Kalyan, and something that is often lost on some of our order: you have a calming way with the patient. You kept her at ease the whole time, speaking to her, telling her what you were doing. That approach will not always work with all patients, but sometimes I think we can easily forget that they are people who are scared or hurting, and they need comforting for the mind as well as the body." He paused, and then grinned, "How do you feel?"
Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » March 14th, 2021, 8:31 pm

Dedicated Kalyan
Kalyan dragged behind the Asha'man as they left the room and walked into the hall. Healing was one of the most complicated weaves he knew, and now that his task was completed, he was beginning to feel the effects of it. Still, he'd enjoyed the work he'd done. Once they stopped moving, he listened closely to Barad Asha'man's words, blinking in surprise at the praise. Most of his instructors were much quicker to offer criticism, and when the Yellow smiled, Kalyan beamed back at him.

"Honestly?" the Dedicated responded. "Really tired." Leaning against the wall, he continued, "But....I think I'd like to try it again on another day, if I'm allowed. I've been reading everything I've been assigned, but...I think I could learn more from working with actual people." His smile faded a bit with his fatigue, but the brown eyes remained bright and focused on Barad Asha'man. They talked for a bit longer, and when he was dismissed, Kalyan left the room, looking forward to returning in the future.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik