To Speak of the Future attn: Miahala

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: To Speak of the Future attn: Miahala

Post by Alianora » May 15th, 2019, 10:24 pm

Accepted Amaranie
Miahala Sedai had a way of making her path ahead sound so simple, and Amaranie gave the Aes Sedai a startled glance before quickly looking away. Is that all I need to be? She thought about it, knowing that responsibility was not difficult for her, and hadn't been even when she'd just arrived and was terrified out of her mind. As for maturity, while Amaranie didn't consider herself the best example of that attribute by far, she also knew she was far from the worst. She had never been one to join in on the gossip like some of the other Accepted, nor had she ever wanted to be involved with the jokes and pranks a few of them thought fun. While she still considered her emotional displays to be less than appropriate behavior, they suddenly didn't seem as difficult to overcome as she had feared.

The Accepted sat up straighter in her seat, still gazing out at the office rather than Miahala Sedai. "Thank you, Miahala Sedai," she said softly. "It seems a little less overwhelming, when you put it that way." She fell quiet again then, feeling somewhat reassured, but far from certain about her future. After thinking for a while, Amaranie dared to look at the Aes Sedai. "But...I'm not sure...an Aes Sedai is supposed to serve others, isn't she?" That was the literal meaning of the title, but the Accepted had considerable trouble imagining a future for herself that involved anything of the sort.

She said quietly, "I don't know if that's something I can do. I don't....do well with large groups of people, and I don't think that's going to change. " Though she wasn't about to say so, Amaranie didn't think she wanted to change that much even if she could. "All I really want is to study the One Power, how it works, what can be done with it....." Her voice trailed off, and Amaranie even managed a faint smile as she spoke of what she wanted her future to hold. "I don't want to teach, though, or even to write like some of the Aes Sedai do....I don't know if anyone would be permitted to spend her time studying without also doing one of those." The Accepted flushed again, realizing how selfish her desire sounded when spoken aloud, but that didn't stop her from wanting it.

Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Post by Bella » May 24th, 2019, 6:54 pm

Miahala could almost laugh. Her most recent tenure as Mistress of Novices had not been as successful as she'd hoped, if these young women were not truly learning what they needed to learn...that she hadn't corrected that from predecessors or fixed it for those who followed. She restrained the feeling, of course, since it would surely have been misinterpreted.

"Aes Sedai means servant of all. The Grey Tower interprets this primarily as serving the Light, serving good, the Creator, and thus serving the people of the world by protecting them from the Shadow. There are many, many ways to do this, however, because no one channeler is the be-all or end-all of anything.

"I am a Green. I serve by taking the fight to the enemy. I use whatever skills and assets I have at my disposal to win victory against the darkness on physical battlefields out in the world. My daughter, however, is a Blue. She fights when she must, but she serves the world by helping the people within it in their daily lives and struggles. My son-in-law is a Yellow. He serves by healing."

The elder woman waved her hand. "So you see, everyone does this in their own way. You want to study the One Power and all that comes with it... Well. Have you spent much time with the Indigo Ajah?"

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » May 26th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Accepted Amaranie
As soon as Miahala Sedai mentioned the Indigo Ajah, the Accepted flinched and began to mentally go over what she'd said so far, worried she'd somehow managed to reveal where her interests lay. It was not possible for her to remember every word, of course, but Amaranie didn't think she'd said anything that suggested she'd already made her decision, or which of the eight it was.

Then how does she know?

A quick look at the Aes Sedai did nothing to answer that question, but the calm with which Miahala Sedai had asked suggested that if she did know, she was at least not offended. Still, Amaranie knew better than to mention that the Indigo was where she would wish to be if she ever earned the shawl.

The Accepted nodded, a bit shakily, and said, "Yes, I've been working a great deal with members of the Indigo recently." There was no danger in that simple statement, but it was much more to her than just work. She explained further, "I have....I seem to have the Talent for making ter'angreal, so I've spent much of my lesson time learning to use it, and what I need to know about ter'angreal in general." If she were being entirely honest, she knew for a fact that she had the Talent, had known that for years, but she knew pride, even in her own abilities, wasn't regarded well in an Accepted, and chose to be careful. She looked away again as she continued, "I find it very interesting, and hope to continue studying under the Indigos, but I know there is a great deal that I still need to learn."

That was about as much as Amaranie dared say without admitting what she knew she should not. She unfolded her hands, her right hand moving to fidget at the material of her left sleeve. Though she thought her answer had been appropriate for her place, she still worried that she had said too much and would earn the Aes Sedai's anger, even though she saw no sign of that right now.

Bella

Post by Bella » May 29th, 2019, 11:49 pm

"It sounds like you know where your talents lie then," Mia said with an implacable smile. She was hardly one to drag every young man and woman she found into the Green. There were many who were very unsuited to the life of that color, so she was not perturbed by those who looked elsewhere.

Her own daughter was a Blue, after all.

She lifted her teacup and took a sip. Finding that it had already gone tepid, she warmed it with a sliver of Fire before sipping again and then setting it away. "I find that we often know what our paths are before we reach them," she commented. "I knew practically from the moment my young foot stepped on Tower ground that I was destined for the Green.

"My daughter knew when she was still a Novice that her path was considerably more Blue." Mia chuckled.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » May 31st, 2019, 10:23 pm

Accepted Amaranie
When Miahala Sedai spoke to her, Amaranie turned her head to look at the other woman, and was startled by both the calmness in her voice and the smile she displayed. The Accepted blinked, still a little too nervous to offer one of her own. It wasn't long before she looked away again, fixing her eyes on the white skirt she wore. It seemed to Amaranie that she hadn't spoken too freely or offended the other woman, but part of her was still worried about what she'd said earlier.

Her head remained down as Miahala Sedai spoke of how easily she and her daughter had known where they belonged. It wasn't somethng Amaranie could understand. She shook her head, and her hand trailed back up her sleeve until it was tracing her scar again. "I never thought about the Ajahs that early," she said. "I was terrified of the One Power when I first arrived, and I couldn't imagine living the rest of my life here." Her voice was quiet as she admitted that, and stayed quiet as she continued. "But...the more I learned of the One Power, the more I wanted to understand it, so I stayed. And after what you've said, it doesn't feel as impossible that I might reach the shawl someday, and I've realized....I do want it."

The last words were whispered, her eyes studying the floor tiles, and Amaranie knew her cheeks were reddening yet again. She rarely spoke that much, or that honestly, especially not to an Aes Sedai. Yet she'd respected Miahala Sedai for years, and something about her was just less intimidating than so many of the others were, even some of her own teachers.

Bella

Post by Bella » June 3rd, 2019, 5:11 pm

"I think you have your answers already," Mia said simply, with the same calm and understanding. "You want the shawl, so study hard and work hard and you will attain it. You know where you are drawn--to the study of the One Power and its objects--so I think you know the path you'll walk when you're raised."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 4th, 2019, 10:05 pm

Accepted Amaranie
Amaranie raised her head and dared to look at the Aes Sedai. "I think I do," she said with a faint smile. She rose from her seat, feeling a new sort of commitment to the work and study she knew lay ahead of her. Looking down shyly, Amaranie said, "Thank you for seeing me, Miahala Sedai. I'll do my best to follow your advice."

The Accepted lowered herself into a curtsy, darting a glance at the Aes Sedai as she rose. Once she had permission to leave, she walked towards the door and let herself out. Though she walked through the Green halls, Amaranie's mind wandered to the far more familiar sights of the Indigo halls. If the Light shone on her, she would one day call them home.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik