A Meeting with the Indigo (attn: Elia)

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

A Meeting with the Indigo (attn: Elia)

Post by Alianora » July 14th, 2018, 12:23 am

Accepted Amaranie
The halls of the Indigo Ajah were not unfamiliar to Amaranie. She didn't know them that well, yet she seemed to be coming here more often, running errands or taking lessons, and was capable enough of finding her way around. The Accepted walked through the halls at her usual quick pace, light eyes scanning each door before dismissing it and moving on to the next. She couldn't decide whether she was nervous or excited to reach her destination. It was neither class nor errand, far more common reasons for an Accepted to have business here. Instead, the questions she'd begun asking Lisola Sedai during her lessons had led the Indigo to suggest that Amaranie should speak to Elia Sedai, who had been Indigo for many years before becoming the Amyrlin Seat.

It scared Amaranie just a little to think about interacting with a woman who had so recently been the Amyrlin, but her desire to learn was greater, so Amaranie had agreed. Now the time for that meeting had arrived, and the Accepted hurried towards it. She passed door after door, making a few turns before ending up in the hall of classrooms where she needed to be. Amaranie stopped before a door near the end of the hall, raised her hand, and knocked.

Craig
Librarian
PC: Ravak t'Sha'hal Darrow
SC: Elia Darrow
TC: Zarayne
QC: Farah Kattan

Re: A Meeting with the Indigo (attn: Elia)

Post by Craig » July 16th, 2018, 9:04 am

Elia Darrow
After the opulence of being First Seeker and the prestige of the Amyrlin Seat, returning to a life of being just an Aes Sedai was strange. It wasn't just the loss or lack of responsibilities, nor the less glamorous living accommodations (although her room was larger than average thanks to her previous positions and family). It was impossible for Elia to look in the mirror without examining her ageless beauty. She wondered if her features had changed since forsaking the Shadow and binding herself to the four Oaths she'd made. Four Oaths, yes. Maybe the addition of an Oath was what made her seem... different.

Elia wasn't gazing with interest at her reflection when Amaranie came a-knockin'. It was the middle of the day; Dax was training in the Yards and the children were at the nursery. The once-Amyrlin was inspecting a collection of different rings as tests for her next ter'angreal. Her first ter'angreal had been a ring, and she couldn't pass up an opportunity to mesh her Talents and her love of jewellery.

With the knock at the door, Elia rose from her seat at the large, round table set in the centre of the room. She adjusted the shawl around her shoulders, wincing from the pain caused by using her right arm, and smoothed out her dress. With her good hand, she opened the door, pulling it to.

It was doubtful that Amaranie missed the critical eye Elia gave her as the Indigo made mental notes on a whole slew of details observed. That gaze had to go a little further up than usual. Elia wasn't short, but the Accepted was a touch taller.

"Accepted," Elia greeted warmly, "please, come in." More visual critiquing was made as Amaranie crossed the threshold. "Lisola Sedai mentioned you would be coming to see me. Would you like some tea?"

Closing the door, Elia moved back to the table, taking the seat furthest from the tea set that sat on a side table by the opposite wall. She had no intention of making the tea herself, although she had every expectation of being served.
Image Image Image Image
Craig's Tracker ❖ Librarian
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 17th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Accepted Amaranie
The door in front of her opened, and Amaranie entered once Elia Sedai invited her in. It had not yet closed before the Accepted sank into a curtsy, her eyes avoiding those of the Indigo. Though the woman's words sounded friendly enough, Amaranie did not feel nearly comfortable enough to risk looking at her yet. "Thank you for taking the time to meet with me, Elia Sedai," she said politely. "If I may, I will make the tea." Her stomach squirmed at the thought of calmly sitting down and drinking anything while she was here, but Amaranie had interacted with enough Aes Sedai to understand what was expected of her now. Once she had permission, the Accepted looked around the large room before spotting the tea set on its small table.

Making tea was something Amaranie had done countless times, both at the Tower and in her parents' inn, and the familiarity of the action helped her begin to settle her nerves. She tried to work quickly, but not so fast that she risked spilling anything. The Accepted dispensed tea leaves, poured water, and finished at what she hoped had been a fast enough pace. One cup was left less than half full, and that would be her own. The cup Amaranie held carefully in both hands was almost full, and that one was meant for Elia Sedai. Amaranie turned slowly from where she had been working, light eyes glancing over the room to see where the Aes Sedai had chosen to sit.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » July 23rd, 2018, 9:15 am

Elia
Further critical judgement followed as the Accepted made tea. It was habitual and done without conscious thought on Elia's part. She had needed such tools when ascending through the ranks and offices of the Grey Tower. How did an Accepted find herself under such scrutiny? With that touch of self-reflection, Elia averted her gaze, focusing instead on the different rings on the table until her tea was brought to her.

"Thank you," Elia said with warmth. "Please, take a seat." The Indigo gestured at the seat nearest her own at the table. This wasn't an interrogation so the table didn't need to be placed between them.

"Lisola told me you would be coming by, but she didn't go into any detail as to the reasons. But I'm very much aware of what enters the Vaults." Elia smiled. "I haven't had an opportunity to look over your pitcher, but a ter'angreal is a ter'angreal. Is that why you're here, or is there another reason for your visit?"
Image Image Image Image
Elan wrote:Of course, the problems with observing a chain of command arise when the one in command decides to do something unspeakably idiotic, like taking off on his own for no discernible reason in the middle of enemy territory.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 26th, 2018, 10:08 pm

Accepted Amaranie
Amaranie set each cup down carefully before settling herself in the chair that Elia Sedai had indicated. She sat up straight, looking in the general direction of the Indigo, though she was still too nervous to look directly at her. Her cup of tea remained on the table, ignored by the Accepted as she listened to Elia Sedai's question. Though she tried as best she could to hide her nerves, Amaranie couldn't help blinking at the mention of her pitcher. It was nothing special, she hadn't meant to make it, and had expected that Lisola Sedai had had it locked away in the vaults to be forgotten. Certainly, she had not thought Elia Sedai would know that it existed, and the Accepted wondered what Lisola Sedai might have said about her accidental creation.

It embarrassed her to be reminded of it, and Amaranie looked down at the table. She was sure her cheeks were turning pink with her embarrassment, but Elia Sedai had asked a question, and Amaranie knew better than to keep an Aes Sedai waiting. She forced herself to meet the Aes Sedai's green eyes before she spoke. Quietly, she said, "No, Aes Sedai, I didn't come here about that pitcher." She had to stop then for a moment, to think about what to say next.

"After I made that, Lisola Sedai told me that I needed lessons, so she's been teaching me about ter'angreal and how they are made. I'm afraid I haven't had much success with making any others....but it is fascinating, how the One Power can be used to create them." Somehow, speaking of these lessons, which had quickly become her favorites, made Amaranie feel a little less nervous. She picked up her tea cup and took a sip from it before continuing her explanation.

"During my lessons, Lisola Sedai mentioned that studying ter'angreal is something that many of the Indigo do. I'd learned that as a novice, and that Indigos also study Talents, but I don't know very much about what the Ajah does aside from that," Amaranie admitted, sure she was turning a deeper shade of red. She hoped that truth hadn't displeased Elia Sedai as she went on. "When I asked Lisola Sedai about it, she said I should speak to you, and that's why I'm here." Amaranie finished speaking and looked down at the table, trying not to wonder what the Aes Sedai thought of her curiosity.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » July 30th, 2018, 9:27 am

Elia
Evoking different emotions in people was one of Elia's vocational skills, but she hadn't done anything to turn the Accepted a rosy shade of beetroot. The only explanation that came to mind was embarrassment, and Elia had no clue what Amaranie had to be embarrassed about. It was curious to say the least, and perhaps to say the most.

Elia lifted the cup of tea with her good hand and took a long sip. She took her time over it, puzzling on both Amaranie's glow and over Lisola. Why send the girl to me over such a trivial matter? Maybe Lisola just wanted to spread her wings. Maybe Lisola liked being able to order her former First around. Plenty of possibilities, none of which struck Elia as overtly offensive.

Placing the teacup on the table, Elia returned her focus to the present moment. "Ter'angreal and Talents. It's not an unfair synopsis." Her lips curved into a smirk. "And it's at least two words longer than the Yellow Ajah's."

As she continued, the Shienaran's tone became reverential. "The Indigo Ajah is many things. We are excavators of lost knowledge. We are curators of discovered truths. We are custodians of powerful objects. We are the vanguard of what can be done with the One Power."

Elia reached up to touch the Oathsworn pin on her dress. Not to emphasise to Amaraine that everything she'd just said was the truth, but for Elia's own cognisance. Maybe I will survive without lying after all. She blinked twice, clearing amazement from her thoughts.

"Ter'angreal and Talents," Elia repeated. "Well, I know more about one than the other. But when it comes to ter'angreal, however, the Indigo Ajah is the foremost authority. We know more about ter'angreal than at any point since the Age of Legends. There is even the slightest possibility that we know more in some aspects."

"Our duties are threefold. With the singular exception of the Stone of Tear, we hold the largest collection of ter'angreal in the world. Unlike the Tairens, however, we don't just hoard them away in ignorance. Studying ter'angreal forms another part of our work. We have countless items from before the formation of the Grey Tower, and we aren't content to simply know they exist. Due to the dangers, few of our number undertake such work." There was no need to add that Elia was one of these few.

"Thirdly, we create ter'angreal." At this, the Indigo smiled. "Now if you were to walk out of this room to find a White Tower sister, she may proclaim that such a thing was either foolish or impossible or both. It is certainly far from impossible, although there are two different ways to create a ter'angreal."

She took another sip of tea, then reached for one of the rings on the table. It was only a ring by merit of its shape; the loop was made of stone. "Some of our earliest records, co-opted from the White Tower, go into great detail about a ter'angreal that allowed non-Dreamers to enter Tel'aran'rhiod. It was a stone ring, approximately of this shape and size. Now, because we know what materials were used in the creation of this ter'angreal and because we know it's purpose, we can experiment different weaves in an attempt to duplicate that Dreamwalking ter'angreal. That's method one." Elia placed the ring back amongst its peers.

"The other method is what I'm looking at today." She gestured at all of the assembled rings, all of different sizes and shapes and materials. "Let's say I want a ter'angreal to... to purify water. Let's say I wish to scoop up water from the Aryth Ocean, but I want it to taste as pure and sweet as water from the River Manetherendrelle. How would I go about that task? What type of container should I use? What should the container be constructed out of? Which parts of the One Power would I weave into the container? Water is a given, but what else? And does it require saidin or saidar or both?"

Elia smiled with the confidence of a woman who knew all of the answers, but the light around her eyes said that she was happy to teach. The Indigo Ajah was the best Ajah, of that there was no question. Regardless of whatever goals Lisola had in mind, Elia's intention was quite clear: to convince Amaranie to choose the Indigo Ajah when her time came. Anyone who 'accidentally' created a ter'angreal belonged with the Indigo.

The Shienaran lifted her teacup to her lips, draining off the rest of the cup. It rattled a touch hollowly when she placed it on the table top. "If you like, I can prattle on about Talents, but frankly there's only one Talent you should be interested in. That's the one that allowed you to make a ter'angreal from scratch." Pausing, Elia reconsidered her earlier thoughts. "You're not embarrassed by your achievement, I hope."
Image Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » July 30th, 2018, 10:00 pm

Accepted Amaranie
When Elia Sedai began her explanation, Amaranie lifted her head and turned to focus on her words. Some of what she said was familiar, basic information she'd learned as a novice, but the majority of it was not. Everything the Indigo said interested her, and Amaranie barely moved. She sat still, taking in everything Elia Sedai told her, and took the occasional sip from the tea cup beside her.

When the Aes Sedai begin describing the methods of creating ter'angreal,, the Accepted's mind began to wander. It wasn't that Amaranie was bored; rather, it was exactly the opposite. Elia Sedai posed a number of questions about just how one would go about creating a ter'angreal for purifying water, and as much as she hoped she wouldn't be expected to answer them, Amaranie couldn't help thinking about it. Her eyes shifted to study the collection of rings that were laid out on the table near them. I don't think any of those would work, she observed to herself. Surely you'd need to use something that could hold water, a cup or a pitcher, maybe. It shouldn't matter what it's made from as long as it isn't something that would absorb the water.Her head bent slightly as she became quite lost in her own thoughts, running the fingers of her right head up and down the scar on her left arm. Water, of course, and I think all of them require some Spirit to work....Earth, to draw the salt from the water?

The Accepted was distracted from her thoughts by Elia Sedai asking her directly if she were embarrassed by what she had done with her pitcher. Blinking again, Amaranie took a nervous drink from her cup before answering. "No....I'm not embarrassed about what I made....I just didn't think anyone besides Lisola Sedai would notice it. It's not anything that's useful. I don't know how I made it, and I don't know if I could do it again if I tried. Lisola Sedai says I must have some Talent in making ter'angreal, and that that pitcher proves it, but it doesn't seem so to me when I haven't yet been able to make any others."

When she stopped talking, Amaranie noticed that the Aes Sedai's teacup was empty. "Would you like more tea, Elia Sedai?" she asked.

Craig
Librarian

Post by Craig » August 30th, 2018, 10:03 am

Elia
Elia slid her empty teacup towards the Accepted. "That would be appreciated."

For the few moments when the Accepted's back was towards her, Elia's face hardened. It was just a regression towards the mean. Plenty of what Elia had learned throughout her time as a Darkfriend - it was still very strange to think that was over - were valuable to any Aes Sedai. It was both easy and easier to think of Amaranie as a tool instead of as a person. She could take Amaranie and hone her into a blade, turn her into a weapon to be used against Elia's enemies. The Accepted was powerful even if she wasn't aware of it: both strong in the One Power and Talented in ways that Elia could use. That the woman was Amadician, well, it wasn't too difficult to stir up their instinctual hatred towards 'the other'.

When Amaranie turned around with a full cup of tea, it was more than just a façade of warmth and open friendliness that returned on the Indigo's features. This was a chance to actually be an Aes Sedai of the Indigo Ajah, working towards the Grey Tower's best interests instead of merely serving her own. Clearly that was what she wanted, otherwise she would have never swore all of those oaths on the Oath Rod. She could have merely sworn something pointless, continuing the pretense of being Oathsworn. Taking the cup in hand, Elia's focus sharpened on Amaranie.

"Well it was noticed," Elia replied softly. Noticed by Lisola irritatingly, but Amaranie was here now. "It wasn't so many years ago, just a hundred or two, when making ter'angreal was a Talent lost to the Age of Legends. Now just because you don't know what you did doesn't make it any less remarkable that you did do it. If you were born two hundred years and had the misfortune of being in Tar Valon, you would have had the whole White Tower picking at your brains. Instead, you have the chance to pick at mine."

"However, first, let me ask a pointed question. I'm sure you've had thoughts about which Ajah or Ajahs you may wish to join. Which ones are you considering and why?" If the Shienaran's gaze seemed to narrow a touch, it was from Aes Sedai-borne intrigue rather than Shadowwrought scheming.
Image Image Image Image

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » September 2nd, 2018, 8:51 pm

Accepted Amaranie
Contrary to Elia Sedai's expectation, Amaranie had not yet given the Ajahs much thought, if any. The Accepted blinked, startled by such a direct question, and her hand tightened around the teacup in front of her, which she had just picked up. She took one small, nervous sip before setting it back down, and studied the table cloth beneath it as she began to think. Most days, Amaranie still could not imagine herself living the life of an Aes Sedai, even though as an Accepted, she knew she was supposed to be working towards that goal. This made considering an Ajah for herself a difficult task at best, one that felt nearly impossible when she was being put on the spot like this.

She frowned down at the table, losing herself in her thoughts. It was easy enough to rule out two of the eight options; neither the Red nor the Green would ever be for her. That still left six, however, and as time passed, Amaranie had to admit she truly did not know whether she might belong in any of them, or if she wished that at all. She was sure that wasn't the response the Aes Sedai wanted, and that made Amaranie as nervous as she'd been when she'd first arrived here. When she finally lifted her head to force herself to answer the question, most of the color had drained from her face.

She blinked once, drank more of her tea, and then said, slowly and quietly, "I haven't often thought about the Ajahs, Aes Sedai," That she wasn't sure she wanted to be an Aes Sedai at all was not something Amaranie was going to share with a woman who was one. "I know which ones I'm not suited for, but as for those that might interest me, I'm not very sure." She wondered how some of the other Accepted had managed to make their decisions, feeling a stab of envy of some of them, who could name their own choices with no doubt at all. With some hesitation, she added, "Since I've become an Accepted, I've noticed that I've been studying more with members of the Indigo, trying to learn more about my Talents, but if it weren't for that, I don't know if it would interest me more than any other." To herself, Amaranie was quite certain that the choice of an Ajah would not be clear to her until she could decide that she wanted to be an Aes Sedai, but that remained unsaid. She made herself keep looking at Elia Sedai when she finished talking, and wished her stomach would stop squirming around inside her with her nervousness.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik