Speaking of Dreams (attn: Leala)

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Speaking of Dreams (attn: Leala)

Post by Alianora » May 20th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Accepted Amaranie
Amaranie paced down the halls of the Indigo Ajah, already so nervous that she regretted having eaten that morning. It had been hard enough to do as Erishar Asha'man had suggested and request to meet with one of the Indigos about her dreams, and now that she was here she wasn't sure she'd be able to speak. Most mornings, she tried hard to forget her dreams from the previous night. She just didn't want to know the awful things they had to tell her. Speaking of them to anyone else felt nearly impossible. The hallways seemed to stretch on endlessly as she checked each classroom door to see if it was the one she needed. Amaranie was already a little tired when she reached the correct one, partly from the search and partly from worrying.

The Accepted stood slightly off to the side of the door, tapping her fingers against her left arm. She wondered if the Indigo she was supposed to meet had the same sort of dreams as herself, or was simply one who studied the Talent. Amaranie shifted her feet, reminding herself that she had to do this if she wanted to learn more about her dreams than she could from the library. It took some time, but eventually, she found the nerve to knock on the classroom door and wait for an answer.

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Leala Gymorraine, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
SC: Torianin Soulane, Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah
TC: Jhanic, Asha'man of the Indigo Ajah
QC: Abby Soulane, Novice

Re: Speaking of Dreams (attn: Leala)

Post by Leala » May 21st, 2018, 2:03 pm

Asha'man Jhanic
Stop being lazy and learn to meet us in the dream. We would seek your guidance from time to time, and we will train you in that realm as well. And we know that you can Travel. Come see your near-brother before he is too white-haired to remember your face.

Jhanic sat cross-legged on the long teacher's desk at the front of the classroom as Eandha's words echoed through his head. It seemed the Wise Ones had not told him of their dreams, only hinted at them. He would be learning of dreams soon, whether he liked it or not, it seemed. An Accepted had requested to meet with an Indigo about her dreams, and he was the only one available. He had first thought to meet with her in his rooms, but those were still a disaster from years of neglect. He had not been back long enough to get them back to working order. So, he had chosen one of the smaller classrooms in the Indigo Ajah's Quarters, set his spears and buckler against the wall behind him, and settled in with a book about dreams.

The Wise Ones had more practical skills in the area than whoever had written this book. It all seemed conjecture, where Eandha and the others had mastered the World of Dreaming. They were able to interpret their visions in their dreams as well as more prophetic dreams with a reasonable amount of confidence. Jhanic did not have the innate ability to do this, but he knew that there was a ter'angreal or two for this purpose in the Vaults of the Grey Tower.

He reached to his side and took a sip of water from the cup he had brought, a pitcher next to it, for the Accepted, when she arrived. Jhanic knew most teachers did not sit on desks, but he could not think properly, sitting in a chair, after all his time in the Three-Fold Land. He wondered if he would meet Dhenarc in tel'aran'rhiod. He wondered how the boy's training was going under the Wise Ones. His near-brother's son had seemed happy and confident to don the algode blouse and shawl of a Wise One before he left.

Reality came back to him when he heard a polite knock on the door. A slight flash of annoyance crossed him, but not for the knock, just for the impracticality of doors. Closing the book, he unfolded himself and came down from the desk. Striding to the door, he opened it and saw a tall, dark-haired girl in an Accepted's dress. "I see you, Accepted. I am Jhanic. Please come in."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » May 21st, 2018, 11:57 pm

Accepted Amaranie
When the door opened, Amaranie had to look up to see the Asha'man's face. He did not look friendly, and Amaranie felt even more nervous now than she had while she walked here. Friendly or not, he'd invited her in, so the Accepted stepped through the door, curtsying once she made it into the classroom. As she straightened, she was able to get a better look at the Asha'man, who was not in the black uniform Amaranie saw most of the in. Instead, he wore an odd sort of brown and grey outfit she'd never seen before. His greeting to her had been unusual as well, and she wondered where he came from. It wasn't her place to ask, of course, and Amaranie didn't even consider it. Instead, she introduced herself.

"I'm Accepted Amaranie Tice," she stated, fighting the desire to look away. She supposed she should explain why she'd asked to speak to an Indigo, but the Accepted wasn't sure where to start. She picked at the sleeve of her dress where it covered her scar while she thought about it. She shifted her feet beneath her, sure Jhanic Asha'man wouldn't appreciate waiting on her, and finally spoke. "I....have these dreams," she started, knowing that didn't make anything clear. ""Sometimes, they show me....what will happen in the future, and...I just want them to stop. I did some reading in the library, and the books there say it's a Talent...but I don't want to know these things." She blinked, trying to force back the memories that came to her whenever she thought of her dreams or made herself speak of them. None of them were pleasant, and Amaranie just wished she could forget both the memories and the dreams.

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Leala » May 22nd, 2018, 1:13 am

Jhanic
Leading the Accepted into the classroom, Jhanic very nearly sat back on the desk to speak with her. But, there was something in her voice that made him rethink that decision. This girl was a bit more than just nervous. She was very close to frightened. He realized that he had never met Amaranie Tice before. He could almost hear Eandha calling him a hard-headed Thunder Walker, unwilling to bend. The pins on his shoufa proved that he had bent far enough to complete training to become Asha'man. He needed to remember that not everyone here would have been here while he was training, or when he was the Master of Soldiers. Instead of sitting on the desk, he leaned against it.

As was Aiel custom, and a habit of his now, he offered her water from the pitcher he had brought with him. When they were both settled to a degree, he began to think on her problem.

"Dreams..." he said, running a finger nail up and down the scar on the right side of his face. "I do not have experience in dreams that tell the future, Amaranie Tice. But I know people who do. The Wise Ones of my clan have experience both walking the World of the Dreaming and receiving dreams that tell the future." He paused, looking into her worried blue-gray eyes. "I do not believe you can stop these types of dreams, though. As we go through the dream of life, there will be many things that we do not want to do, but we do them because we must." He did not wish to sound like he was lecturing her, but it was better that she begin to think of these dreams as a part of her life, if she truly had the Talent. "There are ways to interpret them, learn from them. The Wise Ones sometimes compare visions and try to understand consequences of what can come. There are many things that can be accomplished in dreams. Perhaps if you came to face them, they would seem less daunting."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » May 22nd, 2018, 11:46 pm

Accepted Amaranie
Wise Ones? Clan? Amaranie didn't recognize some of the terms Jhanic Asha'man used, and her lack of familiarity with them did nothing to settle her nerves. She feared he wouldn't be able to help, since he admitted to not having such dreams himself. As he spoke, Amaranie couldn't help but wonder if there was anyone in the Tower who did, or if she was alone with them. She studied the floor while she kept listening, though what the Asha'man said was not at all what she wanted to hear. She had not really thought there would be a way for her to simply stop having the dreams, but Amaranie had hoped for one, and now that hope was gone.

Unhappily, the Accepted complained, "I wish I could learn from them like you said, but that hasn't happened. The dreams I have....I've never been able to understand their meaning in time to do anything about them. The ones I remember have shown me terrible things, but I've never understood...before it was too late." Her voice cracked, and Amaranie blinked, fighting the tears that always threatened when she spoke of her dreams. She drank some of the water the Asha'man had provided before explaining, "If they just weren't so awful all of the time, or if I were quicker to understand them, I don't think they'd bother me so much." She sniffled, afraid she'd be told there was nothing she could do, and that she'd be haunted for the rest of her life by dreams she just could not seem to comprehend.

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Leala » May 24th, 2018, 12:01 am

Jhanic
Crossing his arms, Jhanic considered the Accepted in front of him. Had the Wise Ones actually been there, they likely would have trained her with or without her permission, and taught her a thing or too about wanting to be rid of the dreams. But, as he had told them the day he entered Rhuidean, he was not a Wise One. He was no longer the Master of Soldiers, either. He was still an Asha'man of the Indigo Ajah, though. He would help Amaranie Tice. It would likely be difficult for her, but he would help. Without her particular Talent, he would have to think of something besides throwing her to the Wise Ones.

"Come with me, Amaranie Tice," he said without context or further instructions. He moved easily from the desk at the front of the room, leaving the book and the pitcher. He positioned his hide buckler and spears on his back and led her out of the classroom. He did not wait for her, but he heard her soft shoes pad against the floors, behind his own feet. Jhanic deliberately slowed his usual pace. He wanted to walk as fast as he could to the Vaults, but he did not want the Accepted to lose him, either. Out of the Indigo Ajah's quarters, he, walked to the Grey Tower itself.

The Aielman moved through the crowds with ease, but he still slowed his pace for his charge. Finding a staircase, he began to walk downward, toward the Vaults. He knew of a ter'angreal that would help the Accepted, or at least give her a starting point. He hadn't been to the Vaults that held the objects of power since he had left, but he still found the door that led to them as easily as if they were his own rooms. He stopped at the doors, then looked back at her. He gave Amaranie a warning not to touch anything or channel while they were there. She likely knew that already, but bringing someone who was not yet a full sister called for formal warnings.

Jhanic opened the doors to the Vaults and had to take a moment to orient himself. He found the quiet Indigo sister who was on duty there, and she pointed him in the right direction. He motioned for Amaranie to follow, and he began to follow a shelf close to the left side of the room. While he had been preparing himself to enter tel'aran'rhiod, he had come across notes on this particular tool.

He gently picked up one of six transparent cubes, six inches all the way around. It had many uses for dreams, but one of those uses would be where they would start. "I understand that you wish these dreams would go away, Amaranie Tice," he said, softening his voice. "I wish I could help you there, but Talents cannot be removed. Instead, we can start with this." He handed the cube to her before continuing. "Before you go to sleep each night, channel a flow of Spirit into this box. When you wake from the dream, it will be shown inside it. If it is a dream of something that could possibly happen in the future, the edges will glow red. For our purposes, I would like you to write out what happens in each dream you have, whether or not it is prophetic." The Asha'man paused at that. It seemed like a tedious task, but it did serve a purpose. "I believe that understanding your subconscious mind will aid us in this. For the dreams that glow red, be very precise, however. The others are to refer back to, but the ones in red will be our main focus."

With that, he thought of a schedule they would adhere to. "Come to my rooms every three days with these notes. If you have a dream that truly troubles you, seek me out, and I will help immediately. I know many in the learning ranks shrink away from me because I am Aiel, but I am Asha'man as well. I wish to help." He gave her a small smile that likely looked strange with his long scar. "If you do not have any questions on these instructions, you may continue with your day, and I will see you in three days' time."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » May 24th, 2018, 11:54 pm

Accepted Amaranie
Amaranie had never been inside the Vaults before, and as she followed Jhanic Asha'man inside, she was surrounded by strange items whose purpose she couldn't even begin to identify. One shelf contained an assortment of jewelry, another a set of what appeared to be wooden trees, and still more held weapons. She was rather overwhelmed by the sight of it all. The Accepted looked around at the shelves she passed with curiosity, but she walked slowly, afraid she might step wrong and break something. Finally, they came to a stop, and the Asha'man picked up a small transparent cube and offered it to her. Amaranie paused before reaching with both hands to take it. It seemed ordinary enough, but as Jhanic Asha'man explained that it would help her identify which of her dreams told of possible futures, Amaranie began to wonder how it worked. She looked down at it, running a thumb across its surface, but it still seemed to be nothing more than a cube made of glass. She clutched it tightly, pulling it close to her chest so she wouldn't drop it. Amaranie was still looking at it when the Asha'man dismissed her, and she nodded, thanked him for his time, and left the Vaults.

The next three days brought the Accepted what seemed like endless writing. The first night, she had channeled Spirit into the cube and fallen asleep immediately. As a result, Amaranie slept more, and dreamed more, than she usually did. She was afraid to review them in the morning, but when she did, the content of her dreams was not quite as bad as she had feared. Many of them Amaranie could have identified as normal dreams without the ter'angreal to help her. She'd dreamed of her parents, her brother, her friends in the Tower, and on occasion, a couple of books she'd been reading right before going to bed. She didn't see how any of that would help her with the worse dreams at all, but wrote them down diligently as Jhanic Asha'man had told her to do.

Those normal dreams were by far the majority, but over the three days, the Accepted did notice a handful of them glowed with the red outline she'd been told to look for. Some of them, such as the one of a fellow Accepted wearing a green shawl, seemed rather obvious and innocent to her, but others were more frightening. In particular, she'd found one dream of a dark fog descending over a village to be very disturbing, and she didn't have the slightest clue what it meant, even with its red glow to suggest that it did have a meaning. Amaranie sighed, frowned at the box, and kept writing. Another had featured a tower of white brick that unseen hands kept building, never getting far before it collapsed. She didn't understand that one either, and it was frustrating. When the three days came to an end, she had several pages of notes, and took the notes and the cube with her when she knocked on the Asha'man's door again.

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Leala » May 28th, 2018, 11:22 pm

Jhanic
During the three days that Amaranie Tice had been given to write out her dreams, Jhanic had set about making his rooms functioning again. Well, functioning for him at least. He organized notes, sketches, diagrams, and books the way he liked them. He hung up swathes of light brown fabrics against his walls again, covering the windows. The fabric was sheer enough that light poured in from them, and he cut makeshift curtains onto them. His carpets and cushions on the floor were as they had been, but cleaned this time. He did not have any chairs or sofas in his rooms, but he did have desks. He had not gone as far as to cover the walls when he was in the Grey Tower last, but his visit to the Three-Fold Land had made him miss the tents of his clan's hold.

He had taken notes and read further in books during breaks in cleaning his rooms. Not only for her use, but for his as well. He did not dream of things to come, but he had a task set before him to enter the World of the Dreaming. There were ter'angreal in the Vaults that could help him, but he wanted to delve deeper and create his own at some point. He set those aside in a neat stack next to where he would sit. The Aielman had prepared a pitcher of water again for the Accepted as well. He wondered what kind of dreams she had had. When he heard the knock at his doors, he seized Saidin an wove a flow of Air to open it. "I see you, Amaranie Tice," he said with a nod. "Please come in and sit with me." Jhanic motioned to the cushions in front of him. "Let us see what your dreams have to tell."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » May 29th, 2018, 1:34 am

Accepted Amaranie
At Amaranie's knock, the door opened upon a room with stranger furnishings than anything the Accepted had ever seen. The windows were covered with brown fabric, and as she entered and looked around, the Accepted noticed the lack of chairs. She might have been thrown off by the strangeness of her surroundings if the Asha'man hadn't mentioned he was Aiel. She didn't know much about them, but decided it was probably the reason his rooms looked so different from any others she'd seen. She turned her head, following the sound of the Asha'man talking to her, and did as she was told. Amaranie felt rather awkward, sitting on nothing but a cushion with her long legs tucked underneath her, and she knew it would only worsen as she prepared to talk about her dreams again.

The Accepted carefully set the cube on the floor in front of her, and the pile of her notes lay in her lap. She looked down to shuffle through them, locating the pages of her ordinary dreams first. "Most of them weren't the kind I have, when I see what might happen. I dreamed of the town where I grew up, of my parents, of my brother.." Her voice cracked as she mentioned Keegan, who often featured in her dreams, and Amaranie swallowed before she could go on. "Others were of my friends here, classes, books I was reading before bed....nothing but ordinary dreams."

"There were a few that were outlined in red when I viewed them though, like you said there might be. Once I dreamed of an Accepted I know called Maira. She's been an Accepted for much longer than I have. I saw her in a green shawl, and I think it means that she'll be raised soon and choose the Green Ajah. I don't know why I would dream of her, we're not friends." She took a deep breath before continuing on to the two that had been far more disturbing. "I also dreamed of a small village, and a dark fog slowly descending to cover it. When I awoke from that one, I had the feeling that the place was somewhere in the Borderlands, but I don't know more than that, or what it might mean....but it scared me."

Amaranie sat there quietly for a couple of minutes before telling Jhanic Asha'man of the last dream she'd had. "I only had one other dream that showed the red outline, and it was of a tower built from white blocks. It wasn't very tall, and at the beginning, blocks were added to the top to make it taller, but I couldn't see anything moving them. It fell, but then the blocks began moving again, like it was trying to rebuild itself. I don't understand this one at all." Amaranie had been looking down at her notes while she spoke, but now that she was done, her head lifted to look up at the Asha'man, not really sure what he'd expected from her and her dreams.

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Leala » June 6th, 2018, 2:58 am

Jhanic
Watching Amaranie shuffle through her notes, Jhanic began examining them almost immediately. When studying Talents, it was always best to study every detail, whether it seemed significant or not. He wrote notes of his own as she spoke. There seemed to be emotion attached to her brother, which was to be expected. Many in the learning ranks missed their home life. The other dreams were from her life now: classes, friends, books.

The dreams that the ter'angreal had indicated held viewings of the future were varied as well. An Accepted would choose the Green Ajah. He took note that she was not close with the girl, though. It meant that her dreams would not be limited to her personally. When she began describing the dream about the village, he wrote down everything she said. A black fog over a village in the Borderlands...perhaps the Blight would descend on it soon. He hoped not.

By the time he had finished writing her description of that dream, she told him of another. This one of a tower being built of white bricks that would not stand again. He finished writing, then leaned forward easily, taking the notes she had brought with her. Jhanic spoke as he compared them. "I am not sure that an Ajah chosen for an Accepted you are not close with would warrant much study. I am glad you mentioned it, though. It could come of use in the future. A black fog over a village, though...I wonder, did the image itself seem frightening after you dreamt of it, or did the feeling come with the dream?" he asked. He would save the third dream for next.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik