Speaking of Dreams (attn: Leala)

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Re: Speaking of Dreams (attn: Leala)

Post by Alianora » June 6th, 2018, 10:01 pm

Accepted Amaranie
At first, Amaranie didn't have an answer to Jhanic Asha'man's question. It wasn't a detail she'd thought to write down, and she wasn't sure whether she'd been frightened during the dream itself or not. She sat there for a few minutes without responding, then closed her eyes as she tried to remember how she'd felt during that particular dream. She'd been so bothered by it only a couple of nights ago that recalling it wasn't difficult. Amaranie shivered as she thought through what she'd seen, going over the events of that dream until she had an answer for the Indigo.

"I was afraid during the dream," she said, then hesitated before saying, "or...maybe it wasn't quite fear. I just don't know." It frustrated the Accepted greatly that she couldn't seem to explain herself any better. She went on, "I was watching the village from somewhere outside, not a part of it, and when the fog came....I felt that something terrible would happen, that that was what the fog meant, and that's why I was afraid when I woke up."

Her wide eyes met the Asha'man's, and Amaranie sighed. "I don't know what will happen, or where, or when, and I wish I did," she told him quietly.

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Leala Gymorraine, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
SC: Torianin Soulane, Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah
TC: Jhanic, Asha'man of the Indigo Ajah
QC: Abby Soulane, Novice

Post by Leala » June 11th, 2018, 3:38 am

Jhanic
Jhanic jotted down Amaranie's thought process and her conclusion in his notes. "I believe that the fear you experienced was a part of the telling as well. It brought to you certainty that something will happen at this village, but it did not give you details, except that this is close to the Blight. Perhaps your dream about the Accepted choosing Green means that we should seek them out. Many in their number know of the Shadow's activity. They could contact their eyes-and-ears to suss something out." He wrote all this down as well. "As for details...from what the Wise Ones have said, some details may come later in other dreams. Do not give up hope on this town yet, Amaranie Tice." Jhanic tried to make his voice gentle at that.

Sifting through the Accepted's notes, he found the ones about the tower. "Now...this tower built in white that will not stay up..." He knitted his brow in thought at that. "Do you think it's possible that it's the White Tower? I have not been back in the Grey Tower long, but I know of the White Tower's fall. Perhaps they will try to rebuild, but unsuccessfully."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 11th, 2018, 10:21 pm

Accepted Amaranie
What Jhanic Asha'man had to say about her dream of the tower made much more sense to Amaranie than what he'd said about her dream of the village. The Accepted shrugged, and nodded, saying, "It could be, but I don't know that. Sometimes, I do, but with that dream, if I tried to tell you what it means, I'd just be guessing." She studied the floor, feeling frustrated. "I don't know if I'll have any more dreams of the village, either," Amaranie said. "I rarely dream of the same place, or event, twice, and I don't see why this dream would be any different." She sounded sad, and was. She couldn't help hoping that if and when what she'd dreamed became reality, she would never find out.

Amaranie hung her head and looked at the glass cube that still sat in front of her. "I just wish I knew more. Even this box seems to understand my dreams better than I do. I don't know what else I should do, or how to learn faster. I feel like I just have to wait, now, to hear of something terrible taking place in the Borderlands, and that I should be able to do something about it, or I wouldn't have dreamed of it at all." When she stopped talking, her eyes remained down, not having looked at Jhanic Asha'man once.
Last edited by Alianora on June 18th, 2018, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Leala Gymorraine, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
SC: Torianin Soulane, Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah
TC: Jhanic, Asha'man of the Indigo Ajah
QC: Abby Soulane, Novice

Post by Leala » June 17th, 2018, 1:46 am

Jhanic
Narrowing blue eyes, Jhanic watched as Amaranie seemed to deflate. She had said something to the effect that she wished the dreams would disappear. There was no way to make the dreams disappear. They were not a thing of channeling. Some Wise Ones who could not channel would have dreams, enter others' dreams, and walk the World of the Dreaming. While one could control dreamwalking after training, or enter others' dreams after training, the same could not be said of dreams with telling of the future. But, with practice and study, Amaranie may just be able to understand her dreams.

"This will not be easy or expedient, Amaranie Tice," he said, keeping his voice even. "It will take study and practice. It will likely take you to places within yourself that you do not wish to visit. It is only with acceptance of yourself that you will be able to move forward." He remembered some of the young men he trained in the One Power feeling incompetent for not learning fast enough, or feeling weak from their lack of strength in Saidin. The same could be said for the Accepted in front of him. She felt frustration in not knowing what she felt she should. "Everyone has weaknesses and limits that we do not wish to think of. There is no shame in them. If you come to a part of yourself in your studies that you do not feel you can confront by yourself, I will help you without judgement. But I must know what they are first." He hoped she understood that he meant right then. There was a barrier she had not spoken of yet. If she did not want to speak of it right then, however, he would have to move on to their next lesson in three days' time. He hoped she could trust him this far, though.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » June 20th, 2018, 10:07 pm

Accepted Amaranie
Amaranie's head stayed down. "Whatever happens in that village......it will be my fault," she said quietly, still focused on the floor. "I don't know if there will be enough time for me to learn to understand these dreams better, before whatever they're trying to warn me of takes place." She did not want to think about the possibilities, though many of them came to mind far too easily.The whole place could be swallowed up by the Blight...or attacked by the creatures that live there...there might be some sort of invasion, or an illness.... Nothing seemed to quite fit, and Amaranie's frustration with herself increased. The Accepted blinked, feeling the far too familiar sting of tears forming in her eyes. Why can't I understand?

Her head darted up, light eyes studying the Asha'man for a moment before returning her gaze to the floor. She wasn't quite sure she trusted him, but Amaranie did believe Jhanic Asha'man only wanted to help her. She was quiet and still in her place on the floor, trying to decide if she should speak of her earlier dreams, those she'd had before coming here. Back then, she hadn't known they meant anything until what they showed her became reality. Amaranie sniffled, then said, even more quietly, "I had these dreams before I came here. I think the first one was when I dreamed of our neighbor's house on fire...and within a few days, it burned down. If I'd known....I could have warned them. I feel responsible for it."

The tears in her eyes slid down her cheeks, and Amaranie wiped them on a sleeve of her dress. Seeing that dream become true had been terrifying, and it wasn't even the worst of them. She had never spoken of that one to anyone, how she'd dreamed of Keegan's execution years before it occurred, and desperately hoped Jhanic Asha'man wouldn't try to make her. Her tears began to fall harder at the memory, and her head dropped lower. Amaranie wished she were anywhere else instead of sitting here.

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik