Settling [attn: Carra]

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Leala
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Leala Gymorraine, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
SC: Torianin Soulane, Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah
TC: Jhanic, Asha'man of the Indigo Ajah
QC: Abby Soulane, Novice

Settling [attn: Carra]

Post by Leala » May 12th, 2018, 11:56 pm

Torianin
Torianin laced her fingers impatiently, sitting in her rooms. Her plate seemed empty as of late, thankfully. She had read through her eyes-and-ears' reports, and was happy to see that the little corner of Far Madding that she had visited was back to what it should be. Erishar told her that the children brought to Hama Valon had been settled in nicely. Abby had not said anything to her since she became a novice, but that was more than expected. She had not wished to contact her family while a novice, but she knew that other women were not allowed to. Now she knew how they must have felt.

Still. She could go out into the Grey Tower, and see what she could do to contribute. But, she knew what awaited her there. Aes Sedai from the White Tower that Jaryd had seen decimated while she was gone. The Reds were particularly put out in this situation, as it was the First Inquisitor who had felled their home, and their missions were decidedly different. The philosophies of both Towers clashed, and every time Torianin stepped out of her door, she was bombarded with sideways glances, whispers, and outright demands for information, as if she were just an Accepted, and they were only in her presence, because she was tolerated.

At the very least, this irritation kept the pain from her severed bond at bay.

She heard a knock and felt Erishar come to the door. Standing, she walked slowly to the door and unlocked it. He felt on alert, so she answered the door personally. She opened it and let him in. When he heard the door close, he drew his shoulders up in distaste. "If one more Borderlander Green asks a Red about me, I may just..." He did not finish, and she walked past him into her room. It seemed they were both on edge today. There was something of a stir recently, when the first Red Ajah Aes Sedai of the Grey Tower returned.

"Well, you could live in my rooms..." she suggested, taking a seat in her favorite chair. She was half-joking, but she smiled when her Warder blushed. Erishar looked at her and smiled, his cheeks still red. "It has been lonely, since Abby took the whites."

"You are right about that," Erishar conceded, taking a seat next to her. He reached forward to pick up a book when she spoke again.

"I am rather tired of hiding from those coming from the White Tower." Her bonded Asha'man looked up at her and sat erect again, listening. "They treat me like I am beneath them, because I am not Oathsworn. They treat me even worse when they hear my accent. They whisper to each other about..." She took in a breath and held it. "I am just tired of hiding away."

Green eyes looked at his blue when she felt smugness coming from the bond. "What?"

"I have waited long for you to say that," he said with a laugh.

Torianin laughed as well. It had been a difficult recovery for them both. "Well, come, Warder, I suppose, we should let these newcomers that we are not to be trifled with in our own home." He stood with her and held out his arm. She rolled her eyes, but took it anyway. The two stepped out into the hallways of the Red Ajah's Quarters and began a leisurely stroll.
(OOC: I initially was going to have them come say hello at her quarters, but I couldn't think of a good enough reason for them to do that. If you want, she could run into them while they're walking.)

Carra
"Winter's Heart"
PC: Carraidhin Glaisne
SC: Conor Palfrey

Re: Settling [attn: Carra]

Post by Carra » May 13th, 2018, 8:07 am

Carraidhin Glaisne Image A hand with nails painstakingly painted clear with white tips fingered the dark red tassel of the white shawl that had been so delicately embroidered with every color Ajah of the Grey Tower. It hung across the back of an ornate chair that once had seen better days, reupholstered with lush velvet red fabric and the wood painted with gold and dark stain. A chair that she spent a pretty penny on within her first month upon raising to the Red Ajah. Raising. Within the first month of her declaration to the founding of the Red Ajah. It once sat in front of an old fire, cornered by an old table and a little two-seated chair that was much like the condition this chair came to her. A cast-off donation from one of the other Ajah's who felt it kind to pass off old and unwanted furniture to the Ajah that had nothing to its name. Not even a wing within the Grey Tower.

Much has changed within the Grey Tower since she first came in possession of this chair. The building of their own wing within the circuit of the Tower, and a room of her own. Large, spacious and with more light then Carraidhin may otherwise have liked. But to live a life in the shadows, it was much easier to hide when used to walking in the light.

Her shawl. Her first Red Shawl. It hung over this old chair within her quarters since the day she left the Grey Tower to follow a different path. To allow the Red Ajah to evolve and grow. Standing as Amyrlin for so many years right after raising had her lose sight to what she wanted the Red Ajah to be - but then she never wanted the bloody thing. She didn't want the stole, the shawl, and would happily give up her touch to Saidar if she knew it would not cause her lasting harm. But seeing those that had been broken and tied off from the One Power made her rethink that idea long enough ago that the consideration wasn't even in her vocabulary.

She was older now. The Ajah was older, too. A small frown touched her lips. Jaryd, the man who now stood where she first tread, may still have some years yet to grow if the rumor of his hand in the fall of the White Tower was true. Both Towers abused their power mercilessly, but to take one down... There was a story there. She was interested to see what the High Inquisitor had to say on such matters, but then it meant accepting a level of deference. Or did it? It was not something that the Red Ajah really established when there were only the two of them sitting on the seat of the Mother and the Father. And then she left. Carraidhin's frown deepened as the silence of her room was both welcoming and deafening. There were too many changes since she left. What was her place? Was she viewed as the highest among the Red as the First, or was she just the legend now out of touch with the Ajah's story.

There were a few others she wished to visit, now that she was settled enough to welcome and visit. Reconnect with the Tower who resented her very existence. She didn't break the Grey Tower, but Carraidhin was no fool to not believe that she didn't get it close to it.

Stepping out of her room, the curls of her hair now braided to her waist and soft slippers of brown leather, her brown layered skirts swished around her ankles with a loose white blouse almost made her look like a wise one from the Aiel waste. The only difference was the detailed leathered belts and a finely knitted stole that wove its way around her arms and shoulder. A leather satchel of books in her arms, Carraidhin headed out of her room towards the Brown Ajah libraries. She owed Alshamz a few tomes, as promised.

OOC: You're welcome to have them cross paths with a welcome. Carraidhin is cairhien short and rarely dresses to an Aes Sedai formal station now that she no longer has to act all Mother'ly.

Leala
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Leala Gymorraine, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
SC: Torianin Soulane, Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah
TC: Jhanic, Asha'man of the Indigo Ajah
QC: Abby Soulane, Novice

Re: Settling [attn: Carra]

Post by Leala » May 15th, 2018, 12:51 am

Torianin Soulane
Torianin and Erishar strode through the corridors of the Red Ajah's Quarters, arm-in-arm, chatting jovially. Between pauses in their conversations, they heard mutters from the red-shawled Aes Sedai around them, not yet used to the situation they were in. Apparently, they had assumed Erishar had been unbonded this whole time. Torianin laughed lightly at the thought of him running to her rooms just even put on the appearance of having a bondmate. Though she had not veiled her bond with him, she had been too unaware of his situation to notice if he had been harried. He grunted in annoyance as she patted his arm in consolation. "I will poke my head out of my rooms more often, Erishar, I swear."

"Are you feeling better?" he asked, not needing to elaborate.

The Red Aes Sedai stopped her thoughts from going to Dezan and his death. She would not obsess any longer. Or, at least, that was what she aimed for. "Perhaps not myself completely, but better." she said quietly. Torianin almost took her hand from his arm, but hesitated. They passed someone she thought she would never meet.

A slender woman in a loose white blouse and brown skirts walked by. She was short in stature, but her demeanor was that of an Aes Sedai's and even more. She had red curls, but darker than Torianin's. Her blue eyes were trained on her path, heading out of their Ajah's corridors. Torianin had not been in the Tower when Carradhin was there, but she had read enough about her Ajah to know its founder. Not only that, but she had been Amyrlin at one point. Torianin believed it was shortly before she was rescued from the collar and leash that she had left. She did not know her personally, but it was her philosophy of the Red Ajah that had given Torianin purpose during her training.

"Carradhin," she said in a polite and friendly voice. Thoughts of Abby's polite demeanor flashed through her mind for a moment. "Welcome home, Sister. I am Torianin Soulane."

A jolt of realization came from Erishar's bond as it dawned on him why Torianin had switched conversations. "Ah, yes, welcome home, Sister. I am Erishar Kurian. It is an honor to meet you, Carradhin Sedai."

She nodded in agreement. "When I joined the Red Ajah of the Grey Tower, we were very few in number. It truly is an honor to meet you."

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik