I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Roan
Non-Channeller Representative
PC: Riahana
SC: Tia Tomosan, Aes Sedai
TC: Paks Liard, Ji'Val

Re: I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues

Post by Roan » October 6th, 2017, 3:39 pm

Tia
The Blightborder. The Citadel. Nate was right in that the pace was different out on the Blightborder. Tia didn’t think she could up and move to the Citadel on a permanent basis, but she did enjoy the time she’d spent out there, though enjoy seemed like an odd way of putting it. The moment the Amyrlin handed Tia the title of Mistress of Novices, the Green Sister had to curb her visits to the Blightborder.

A Green was meant to fight the Shadow, and as Mistress of Novices, Tia wasn’t exactly on the front lines. She didn’t exactly get bored as Mistress of Novices. . .there was always SOMETHING to do, but whether that something was interesting was an entirely different matter. She offered Nate a wry smile, “Perhaps I should run away to the Blightborder with you.”

Holding up her hands, Tia continued, “I jest! I jest. In truth, though, I think all a person can do is the best they can. If you can be the best you can without your Ajah brethren, then so be it. . .but please take care not to isolate yourself from those here at the Tower who care about you. I hear stories about how you throw yourself into the thick of a fight, and I can’t blame you. Please. . .just make sure you have someone with you to watch your back. None of us are invincible or immortal.”

She wasn’t trying to lecture but more express concern. He’d been a friend to her, and she hoped to be the same to him. She didn’t, though, want him to feel as if she were trying to tell him how to live his life, and hoped she didn’t come across in such a manner.

Matty
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Murdock Mather, Keeper of the Archives
SC: Nathaniel Carridus, Asha'man (Blue)
TC: Maever Donovan, Asha'man (Yellow)

Re: I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues

Post by Matty » October 14th, 2017, 2:43 pm

Nate just gave a snort at Tia's offer to join him. She wasn't the first or the last Green to offer to accompany him, but he'd turned them down. They weren't exactly lining up for him, Nate wasn't deluded, but he supposed he did go to a lot of places and get up to no good. But he knew Tia wouldn't be making all that many trips out now she was Mistress of Novices, for better or worse. It seemed a bit odd for a Green to be the one stuck at the Tower helping the kids out but hey, that was between Tia and the other Aes Sedai. Jaryd wasn't exactly a conventional choice for Master of Soldiers either.

Tia meant well, she always did, and for that she earned herself a smile. Looking out for him like one of her students almost, making sure he didn't alienate himself from the other Aes Sedai and Asha'man. It didn't matter. What he was doing came first, and the rest... sort of had to fall into place around him. There were some people, like Bells, who tagged along to make sure Nate didn't get himself into too much bother but ultimately he was his own man, and he made his own trouble. "I'll do my best, but sometimes it's easier to do things myself. That's all I can promise." Because at the end of it all, people like Bells or the Greens or whoever else wanted to join him, were other cogs in the machine that was the Tower. Nate wasn't a cog, he was... some weird lever or arch or pulley thing, and he didn't really get what the rest of them were doing much of the time. It would have been lonely, were he not so busy now.

"Tell you what. Before I go I'll get you an ale, how does that sound? A gesture of friendship and also... uh..." Nate gave a shrug of his shoulders, an easy smile back on his face, "because it's good for the soul? Besides you listened to my grumblings, it's the least I can do. Then I'll head on back and you can do your Mistressy thing. Whatever that is. All the more power to you for doing it, but I think I'd need to be drunk first."
------ Murdock -------------- Nathaniel --------------- Maever -------

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik