It's Purple! [Attn: Liaran din Chelai Morning Star Sedai]

Home of all the Ajahs, Aes Sedai and Asha'man.
Bella
Female Channeller Representative
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: It's Purple! [Attn: Liaran din Chelai Morning Star Sedai]

Post by Bella » September 26th, 2017, 1:09 am

Andraste considered it all for several long, silent moments. She let her dark eyes wander up and down the somewhat vacant street where they were standing and talking. There was hardly any traffic to speak of, so she wasn't worried about them keeping this place while they contemplated and discussed.

She blew out a long breath. "I think you're right about the children," she finally said. "Vella seemed more like a frightened deer than a well-adjusted young woman. We already know that one child is off limits and I'm just not sure I want to risk the other three." The Red wanted information, but not at the expense of children.

"I feel like this trip was both useful and wasted at the same time," she said with a wry smile. "I think I have some further thinking to do, and maybe try some other avenues. Maybe we should return to the Tower now, although I would like to take a ride past the abandoned building where the children were found. Just to get a sense of it before we return."

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Sedai, Indigo Ajah
TC: Kalyan Rihera, Yellow Ajah

Post by Alianora » September 27th, 2017, 12:22 am

Liaran Sedai
Liaran was relieved to learn that Andraste had come to the same conclusions regarding the children as she had, and that the other woman was ready to return to the Tower. Without talking to the other children, Liaran had not been sure what else they could accomplish. "I think it would be best to start heading back," she said, "though I have no problem riding by that building on our way."

The two women retrieved their horses and rode through the village until they reached the building Andraste had wished to see. Deep in the woods, it looked like the sort of place one would hide people, and perhaps because she knew it had been used for that, Liaran found it rather creepy. From the back of her horse, she glanced at the Red. "Did you want to get off and look inside," she asked, "or did you just want to stop here?"

Bella

Post by Bella » September 29th, 2017, 8:57 pm

As they approached, Andraste stifled a shudder. She wondered if she would have felt the same if she didn't have knowledge about the children having been housed here. They rode up and then stopped, and she looked at the decrepit building for several moments before she looked at the Blue to answer.

"I would like to look inside," she said. Well, not 'like,' but felt that she should. "However, I plan to be quick, so you can remain here if you would rather."

She urged her horse a little further ahead and then stopped, dismounting and wrapping the reins around the conveniently proper-height branches of a nearby tree. The Red eyed the door, wondering about her own wisdom, and she embraced Saidar just to be on the safe side before she started forward.
Spoiler: show
OOC: I'm happy to write out them looking inside, but I didn't want to assume whether Liaran would stay or follow!

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » September 30th, 2017, 1:38 am

Liaran Sedai
Andraste stared at the building for several moments before answering, and Liaran was surprised to hear that she wanted to go in. From the outside, it was clear that the building had been abandoned for a long time, and Liaran wasn't sure it would even be safe to enter. She wasn't too enthusiastic about it, but Liaran liked the idea of staying behind on her horse even less, so she tied her own horse to a nearby tree and followed Andraste inside.

As far as she could tell, there wasn't much to see. The building appeared to be just one big, open space that could possibly have been used to store something at one time. Some of the floor boards were becoming loose, forcing Liaran to ensure she was careful where she was stepping. She studied the walls, but if the children had been tied there, Liaran could see no sign of it now. In fact, had she not known, she would never have suspected this building as a place for a kidnapper to hide children. She looked at Andraste, who didn't seem to be interested in anything in particular. "Did you just want to see the building," she asked, "or was there something you hoped you might learn from coming here?"

Bella

Post by Bella » September 30th, 2017, 1:59 pm

The Red channeled a small orb of light, to help them see everything inside. A pair of rats on one of the crossbeams scurried away from it, but she paid them no mind. As they vanished into a loft, a bird flew out of a hole in the roof that let down only a little dim light. More light came from her orb than that hole.

"Sometimes seeing a thing lets you have a sense of it," Andra said softly, thoughtfully. "I wanted a feeling for the place, and to see if there was anything that might spark an idea."

She saw the ropes, although most of them had been eaten away and there were just half-corpses hanging from the walls and various posts throughout the open interior. If she was going to keep someone secreted away from others, this was definitely the place she would do it. "I wonder who she found them," Andra said suddenly.

Frowning, she turned back to Liaran. "This place is very out of the way. I doubt we'd have found it at all if the magistrate hadn't told us about it. I wonder how Nykkolaia knew they were here. Maybe she just...search everywhere, but that seems remarkably time-consuming and something the town must have done. Come to think of it, how did the townspeople not scour everywhere and find this?"

More questions, more puzzle pieces, and even fewer answers.

Alianora
"The Path of Daggers"

Post by Alianora » October 2nd, 2017, 12:06 am

Liaran Sedai
Andraste's light allowed Liaran to see the building more easily, but there just wasn't much to see. She didn't feel as though there were anything to be learned here, and if Andraste had, she hadn't mentioned it. Liaran was getting ready to leave the building when the Red spoke, as if she had only just thought of something. Unfortunately, what Andraste said only brought up yet more questions and no more answers.

"That's a good question," Liaran told her. "Do you think that the townspeople forgot this building was here, and Nykkolaia was more thorough with her own search?" It was hard for her to imagine multiple searchers just happening to forget an entire building's existence, even if it were abandoned, but it was the only explanation Liaran could come up with that made even a little sense to her. Still, it wasn't much, and Liaran thought she could as easily be wrong. She frowned and added,"I know it seems strange that they'd forget a building, but I can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't have searched here." It seemed that the more they thought about it, the more confused they both were becoming.

Bella

Post by Bella » October 3rd, 2017, 12:50 am

"Well," Andra sighed, "this has certainly given me a lot to think about."

With nothing else to see and nothing further to discuss that wouldn't lead to more questions, more puzzles, and more circles... Well, the pair of Aes Sedai decided to make their way back to the Grey Tower. They road out of the village and to a suitable clearing away from prying eyes before they opened a Gateway back to the Tower.

Once they were back on their home ground and the horses back to the stables, Andraste and Liaran walked across the courtyard back to the Tower proper. "Thank you for attending this trip with me," the Red said. "I realize that nothing concrete came of it, but I feel like I am at least further on the road."
Spoiler: show
OOC: Wrap this one too?

meble kuchenne na wymiar cennik